Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jlm33
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I think I may have finally talked the owner of my local pub into selling me his DE Star Wars. He never works on it when it breaks and so it sets lifeless a lot. He just doesn't have the time to do the work himself.
Currently the R2D2 VUK is broken. Playfield is actually in nice condition as the game is out of order 70% of the year most years due to small mechanical issues.
I'm still new in the hobby. What would be a fair price to offer?
Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Sounds like if its out of order 70% of the time it has other issues. I would say $1,500.00 or less is a fair price. Boston pinball price guide has this game at about 2k working. Good luck! Hope you get it at a good price!!

http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay0513.htm

#3 10 years ago

is it autographed?

#4 10 years ago

No autograph. The 70% number has more to do with the fact that the owner will let a small fix keep it out of order for months at a time.
I'm thinking around $1800-$2000 would be a fair offer.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

I'm thinking around $1800-$2000 would be a fair offer.

I think that is more than fair for the seller. That is what I would expect to pay for a shopped, fully working example from a collector. Straight off of location I would want to pay less.

Oh and sorry, the autograph comment was a bad inside joke.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks Herbert!

#7 10 years ago

Agree with the opinion not to pay over $1500 for one with issues off route (and this assumes the cab is nice).

FWIW I sold an above average example earlier this year fully working with latest code for $2300.

#9 10 years ago

It's a $1500ish pin (for a routed one) that usually is listed for at least $1000 more because of the "Star Wars Tax".

If you get it make sure you put the new ROM in it, fixes a lot of issues and makes it a much better game.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a $1500ish pin (for a routed one) that usually is listed for at least $1000 more because of the "Star Wars Tax".
If you get it make sure you put the new ROM in it, fixes a lot of issues and makes it a much better game.

Agree 100%. I bought one and it didn't last two weeks with me. LW3 is better in my opinion.

#11 10 years ago

Routed DE Star Wars that you'll have to fix / tweak / shop out is worth as close to 1k as you can get it buddy. I definitely would not go in there flashing $1,700+ or anything for a game that needs work. That is market for a shopped and working game IMO

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Agree 100%. I bought one and it didn't last two weeks with me. LW3 is better in my opinion.

Lw3 is way more fun. De sw is all theme.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What's this new ROM of which you speak? Oh... this... www.pinballcode.com

#14 10 years ago

Agree with $1500 offer previously mentioned, based on the condition and issues.

#15 10 years ago

With issues, routed...not more then 1300. You'll probably put another 2-300 in it to get it playing and looking good.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Oh and sorry, the autograph comment was a bad inside joke.

I think it is an awesome inside joke. If only we could somehow get that poster to one day return to Pinside.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think it is an awesome inside joke. If only we could somehow get that poster to one day return to Pinside.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-hall-of-fame-inductee-pinballwizardz

I am trying but my movement is falling on deaf ears. I cannot compete with all the price checks and threads in which a person has $5000 but needs others to tell them what pin to buy.

#18 10 years ago

I paid $2500 for mine, it was fully working, but the cab is a little beat up, i admittedly overpaid a bit.

#19 10 years ago

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the opinions a bunch.
I just wanted to clarify, this isn't a routed table. It is on however on location at the pub of the owner. I think the cabinet is a 7 and the playfield is a 9. The owner of the pub bought it from a family that had it in their basement for their kids to play so it is actually in good shape as like I said it sits with an out of order sign on it cause he won't fix it.
I doubt he would let it go for less than 17 and I don't want it bad enough to overpay as I would rather wait for a Stargate.

I'm thinking if he won't cut it loose at a price I can handle that I am going to see if I he will let me fix it in exchance for free play. It is at my local after all and free games is second best to having it at home right?

Thanks again! Cheers!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Right! Best Xmas present ever we could expect?
But I might settle for less... seeing the SW with the signed backglass resurfacing somewhere !?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-de-star-wars-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.