Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by extra_ball
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

preview3.jpg
    preview2.jpg
    preview1.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

This hobby has taken me on some very interesting journeys and pulled me in various directions career wise, but this is definitely a new one! I'm excited to be speaking at this year's expo!

My topic will be on creating your own pinball game design on the computer. It's basically a run down of all the different creative avenues that flow into making a pinball machine and a crash course in various software that can help you along the way. We'll be looking at my original table Junkyard Cats as a point of reference (Junkyardcats.net)

We're gonna cover:

- Concept, Characters & Theme
    - Playfield Design (From sketch to completion)
    - Artwork & Digital Art Tools
    - Original Music & Sound Creation
    - Programming (if time permits)

We'll also be looking at some software that can help:

- Future Pinball
    - Photoshop
    - Renoise: Pro Music Tracker

The seminar is on Thursday October 17th at 5PM and will run for about 90 minutes, giving us hopefully plenty of time for Q & A. This is an hour before the exhibit hall opens, so come early and check it out! I'll be at Expo all weekend, so feel free to reach out!

Hope to see you there,
    -Brendan

preview1.jpgpreview1.jpg preview2.jpgpreview2.jpg preview3.jpgpreview3.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Sadly won't we there but I hope all the luck
    Looks cool, funky and creative

#3 10 years ago

Very excited for this

#4 10 years ago

Pretty cool.

#5 10 years ago

Very cool.

Are you making a video for Youtube (I hope)?

#6 10 years ago

Very cool will be in attendance. I had a Wacom Cintiq had to sell it though 2 years ago. I'd like to get the new companion tablet. This is definitely for me use full for things I'm trying to pursue

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Very cool.

Good idea. I was thinking of creating a resource page for computer pinball designers at some point. I'm hopefully gonna get the seminar recorded, so that would make it easier

-BB

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Very cool.

Please do film this. Sounds inspiring!
    -mof

3 weeks later
    #9 10 years ago

Just put the finishing touches on the script... 21 pages ready to print! I also have tentative arrangements to have this filmed.

See you Thursday

-BB

#10 10 years ago

Hope the filming arrangements work out - I would like to have a chance to see this and cant make it to expo.

1 week later
    #11 10 years ago

This DID get recorded and will be available hopefully soon. Stay tuned!

-Brendan

3 months later
    #12 10 years ago

Any updates... is the presentation available to watch online yet?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/preview-of-my-pinball-design-seminar-at-expo-2013 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.