Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 8.51.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 8.52.07 PM.png
MM_apron.jpg
MM_right.jpg
MM_left.jpg
AFM_apron_2.jpg
AFM_apron_1.jpg
AFM_PINBLADES.jpg

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

As many of you already know.. PinGraffix has been working with Rick from Planetary Pinball to create some great new products. We have been working diligently on many news designs. As we previously announced we are starting off with MM and AFM. We are very excited to show you a preview of what is to come. AFM_PINBLADES.jpgAFM_PINBLADES.jpgAFM_apron_2.jpgAFM_apron_2.jpgAFM_apron_1.jpgAFM_apron_1.jpg

We actually have two Arpons designs for AFM. They are both pretty tight.. but only one will be produced. Your invaluable input will help determine which one goes to press.

MM_right.jpgMM_right.jpgMM_left.jpgMM_left.jpgMM_apron.jpgMM_apron.jpg

Some really awesome MM stuff as well.. ...we really love working on this project and we have to say Rick and PPS has been amazing throughout the whole process.

We really hope you like what you see. There is so much more to come !

Remember, we are not just selling the Artwork but Customs made aprons that will be wrapped with our WMS Licensed designs made especially for PinGraffix. It's a complete custom kit for your Grail!

On another note..the aprons themselves are just about done and we will keep you updated to the minute when we have more to report.

These are not final but this is what we have submitted for approval ..changes may be happening as far as some elements and colors but overall..this is what we are doing.

We hope you enjoy these. Its been wonderful to work on such a great thing with such a great team!
Enjoy!

thanks
Joe Raptor

www.pingraffix.com

#2 10 years ago

Looks great! Do you have an idea as to cost for the apron as well as the blades?

#3 10 years ago

Thank you Jamie!

We are still working out those details... so sorry no pricing yet.. please keep checking back. We will be updating as we go
Thanks!

#4 10 years ago

Oh wow, they look absolutely awesome! Great job. I'm all over the AFM ....

#5 10 years ago

Those blades and aprons look awesome! I would vote for the first afm apron w/o the cows! Nice work!!

#6 10 years ago

awesome work man are you going do any terminator 2 aprons?

#7 10 years ago

Amazing!!!!

#8 10 years ago

Bad ass Joe Ooooo!

#9 10 years ago

I like the first AFM without the cows. Looks amazing great work.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from bobWeir:

I agree. Both are cool but if only one is possible it would be without cows by a mile.

#11 10 years ago

AFM looks sweeeet! Despite the fact that I am a goofball, I have to say the cows are a little over the top. I would love the other one.

#12 10 years ago

Looks awesome!

#13 10 years ago

I like the one with cows best - MINUS the cows. matches the cabinet perfect.
the other one is kinda neat, though, too.
The MM is AMAZING! Don't own either one anymore, but would have to have these if I did!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from bobWeir:

Me too. Cows rock !

LTG : )™

#15 10 years ago

Will there be slots for info cards?

#16 10 years ago

for the cost of these remakes the buyers should be able to pick a few " mods " from you guys as an included LE option.

#17 10 years ago

That MM apron is the cats ass! I want one!!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

As many of you already know.. PinGraffix has been working with Rick from Planetary Pinball to create some great new products. We have been working diligently on many news designs. As we previously announced we are starting off with MM and AFM. We are very excited to show you a preview of what is to come.
We actually have two Arpons designs for AFM. They are both pretty tight.. but only one will be produced. Your invaluable input will help determine which one goes to press.

Some really awesome MM stuff as well.. ...we really loved working on tho project and we have to say Rick and PPS has been amazing throughout the whole process.
We really hope you like what you see. There is so much more to come !
Remember, we are not just selling the Artwork but Customs made aprons that will be wrapped with our WMS Licensed designs made especially for PinGraffix. It's a complete custom kit for your Grail!
On another note..the aprons themselves are just about done and we will keep you updated to the minute when we have more to report.
These are not final but this is what we have submitted for approval ..changes may be happening as far as some elements and colors but overall..this is what we are doing.
We hope you enjoy these. Its been wonderful to work on such a great thing with such a great team!
Enjoy!
thanks
Joe Raptor
http://www.pingraffix.com

AFM_PINBLADES.jpg 21 KB

AFM_apron_1.jpg 51 KB

AFM_apron_2.jpg 49 KB

MM_left.jpg 17 KB

MM_right.jpg 19 KB

MM_apron.jpg 46 KB

Like the first Attack from Mars
I take one of those and the MM one
Gotta put some trolls on it though

#19 10 years ago

Thank you all for the great feedback and really glad you folks like them. we have been working very hard on these as you could imagine. Many hours.

Quoted from kimzone:

awesome work man are you going do any Terminator 2 aprons?

T2 is not currently in our "To do" list but it may come about at some point.

Quoted from Asylum:

Bad ass Joe Ooooo!

You been hanging around Hemi too much .. thats a HEMI term..but I love when he says that LOL thanks Kevin

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Will there be slots for info cards?

Hey Taylor
Please look at our original post regrading that. here.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingraffix-and-planetary-pinball-working-as-a-team

Basically in a nut shell.. No card slots.. Matt aka merfeldma (great guy BTW) http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-apron-remakes-what-titles-to-start-with-cast-your-vote

Is custom fabricating our aprons so that they are flat on top. We purposely designed them that way so that the designs would look better and overall appearance would be more eye catching.... also has a more natural uninterrupted flow.

#20 10 years ago

Just so everyone knows I will have some of JoeRaptors AwEsOmE Products FS at the Texas Pinball Festival.

The doors open at 5 PM Friday March 28 for the general public & 10AM Friday for the Pinball Tournaments.

Please make a point to stop by the Kimball's Pinball's Booth & check them out, we will be right next to Brian's GLO-BALLS Booth!!

Kim of
www.KIMBALLsPINBALLs.com

#21 10 years ago

Simply Stunning Aprons for both. If I had a choice on AFM I would go with the first one.

#22 10 years ago

The cows AFM apron is ok but I much prefer the UDDER one.

#23 10 years ago

Looking good!

Bop?

Please

#24 10 years ago

Thank you all for the great feedback and really glad you folks like them. we have been working very hard on these as you could imagine. Many hours.

T2 is not currently in our "To do" list but it may come about at some point.

You been hanging around Hemi too much .. thats a HEMI term..but I love when he says that LOL thanks Kevin

Hey Taylor
Please look at our original post regrading that. here.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingraffix-and-planetary-pinball-working-as-a-team
Basically in a nut shell.. No card slots.. Matt aka merfeldma (great guy BTW) http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-apron-remakes-what-titles-to-start-with-cast-your-vote
Is custom fabricating our aprons so that they are flat on top. We purposely designed them that way so that the designs would look better and overall appearance would be more eye catching.... also has a more natural uninterrupted flow.

Cool they look great btw. I like the cow one but would try only having one. Having multiples of the same cow just looks forced.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I like the cow one but would try only having one. Having multiples of the same cow just looks forced.

One cow - I agree. Maybe a Lobster and the bug and whatever else they lift up on the DMD to tie it in with the game more.

#26 10 years ago

You been hanging around Hemi too much .. thats a HEMI term..

We are the Paisan's Joe... not Hemi... he got it from us.

#27 10 years ago

look fantastic

#28 10 years ago

my vote is cows on afm apron. the buildings are already on the sides. great job. i think these works of art make so much more sense than mirrors imho.

#29 10 years ago

Sweet baby Jesus. Love it!

#30 10 years ago

So if you're selling the apron, can you make the Martian eyes red inserts someone could put red flashers under?

#31 10 years ago

I would go for #2 without the cows.

#32 10 years ago

FANTASTIC!!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Looking good!
Bop?
Please

Don't own the game but WITHOUT the cows looks best.

And for sure BoP next.

Any progress on a matching lock down bar?

Here's a thought Joe, take the game name off the apron and have just the aliens and city distruction on it and put the name of the game on the lock down bar and start the graphics of the apron as a background for the apron on it.

#34 10 years ago

Prefer the one without the cows also. Would be interested in purchasing both aprons when they are completed.
Love all the new mods that are in the works!

#35 10 years ago

Well, I'm sure I'm not going to win any popularity points for this, but here goes:

I was hoping "new products" would incorporate new art, and not just be made up of clip art and clips of art already on the game.

Medieval Madness apron is mostly made up of image grabs from the backglass. So I'm looking at the exact same pictures twice. Medieval Madness sides are made up of clip art from other parts of game (castle sticker, playfield lamp).

Same with AFM. Apron Alien is the same alien from backglass, and the cows are simply the same artwork rotated 4 times and rescaled.

For AFM, why not draw a brand new aliens doing something different? Draw items mentioned during the game that aren't in the artwork (Atomic Blaster?)

For MM, I'd consider doing an extension of the backglass; show the army that's actually assaulting the castle in the translite (catapults, loading cows into them, etc).

There's a lot of potential and it seems like this will just be rehashed clipart with new backgrounds.

To me, just seeing the same artwork repeated again somewhere else doesn't seem like a "new product" or "new designs".

#36 10 years ago

I also vote on the 1st one without cows for the AFM

#37 10 years ago

These were created using licensed original artwork

#38 10 years ago

First one with no cows is what I would pick Joe.

#39 10 years ago

Hey all...this is great feedback.. and really helpful with the process.. You guys are great!

There may be possibility that we will actually produce both AFM aprons but still up in the air right now. But please still we want to hear your feedback and comments.

NO comment is taken without consideration. We are here to please you guys.. that is what is important to us.

mjenison: We see what you are saying but if you look at the first AFM apron... that is a hybrid apron..meaning I created the stars... the red smoke... the buildings you see.. these are all done by me. Of course I have to use elements from the game otherwise ..what would be the point?

Granted.. we did have to rehash a lot of the artwork but try to look at what we did with it. We can only do so much with what we have to work with. of instance ..one of the trolls on the PinBlades ..we had to recreate one side of him entirely. Since we didn't actually draw these elements..

..as for red inserts..great idea.. probably not going to happen on this design but perhaps future designs could have something like this incorporated.

We have seen some copy and paste jobs before and by no means are these the sort of thing.
Then there is always the people who will be like..well... i like these but you didn't include any of the flying saucers or anything else from the game???

thank you all for your feedback.

-Joe

#40 10 years ago

You are obviously finding it easier to work with Rick than I am.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Don't own the game but WITHOUT the cows looks best.
And for sure BoP next.
Any progress on a matching lock down bar?
Here's a thought Joe, take the game name off the apron and have just the aliens and city distruction on it and put the name of the game on the lock down bar and start the graphics of the apron as a background for the apron on it.

Hey Paul.. The lockdown bar is in testing stages. We are doing these but we are addressing one project at at time..but yes its all coming..

#42 10 years ago

Hey Paul.. The lockdown bar is in testing stages. We are doing these but we are addressing one project at at time..but yes its all coming..

Thanks Joe.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Cool they look great btw. I like the cow one but would try only having one. Having multiples of the same cow just looks forced.

Totally agree, the cow is a nice touch IMO and would look fantastic with that cow/ufo topper.

#44 10 years ago

First Afm pic please,I want them for both games
They look cool.

#45 10 years ago

I vote for the first AFM apron. No cows.

Will the blades be a decal attached to the blades or are you printing directly on the metal?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I vote for the first AFM apron. No cows.
Will the blades be a decal attached to the blades or are you printing directly on the metal?

They will be our special Vinyl if you are talking about the PinBlades and the specially made aprons will be wrapped with our special vinyl. I hope that answers your question..

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Despite the fact that I am a goofball, I have to say the cows are a little over the top. I would love the other one.

Cosigned. The cows are a bit much. First apron looks great.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

They will be our special Vinyl if you are talking about the PinBlades and the specially made aprons will be wrapped with our special vinyl. I hope that answers your question..

What is the side art printed on? Is it a rigid vinyl, or an adhesive decal that attaches to the cabinet sides?

Is the PinBlade art printed on adhesive vinyl that is then affixed to a metal PinBlade?

Still confused. Sorry for sounding clueless.

#49 10 years ago

I prefer the AFM without the cows as well.

You should definitely add a poll so people can vote.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

What is the side art printed on? Is it a rigid vinyl, or an adhesive decal that attaches to the cabinet sides?
Is the PinBlade art printed on adhesive vinyl that is then affixed to a metal PinBlade?
Still confused. Sorry for sounding clueless.

Printed on Easy-Release Sturdy High Quality Vinyl. Has the same scratch-resistant coating that the factory graphics have. No need to worry about scratching and ripping like those other panels out there. Kit also comes with felt protective strips for extra protection. Can easily be repositioned and removed if needed.

The side art as you refer is called PinBlades - if you mean the PinAprons they will be printed on the same material - not directly printed on the metal - this process will last forever and look amazing! I hope this helps and thank for asking please continue if you have any questions - you can also visit our site www.PinGraffix.com and check out our FAQ's or feel free to post here

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
8,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/preliminary-wms-licensed-mm-and-afm-pinblades-and-pinaprons-pgxpps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.