pull out.png
train.png
B1Tdn8GIAAAvzOu.jpg
wpid-NO-SOUP-FOR-YOU616.jpg
image-288.jpg
PredatorHalloweenPumpkin.jpg
coolest-homemade-predator-halloween-costume-2-21310269.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.
#2 9 years ago

Video is set to private.

#3 9 years ago

Bummer.

#5 9 years ago

Dig the logo. I think that is new?

#6 9 years ago

The lighting doesn't seem as retina melting as it was before.

#7 9 years ago

Maybe change title to Predator detailed gameplay video? (with spoilers)

#8 9 years ago

Yeessss !

#9 9 years ago

I shall start the whining... It is going to be a long work day since I just saw this as I am already running late for work and can't see videos on that computer.

But yay! Video!

#10 9 years ago

Unfortunately no Chance to watch the vid here in Good ol' Germany....has something to do with Music rights (General Problem over here) can anybody help? So excited ))

#11 9 years ago

Thanks Kevin, have not got a chance to see it yet but this is exactly what I was waiting for.

Hope you are doing well.

#12 9 years ago

I watched most of it, but didn't want to spoil everything so I stopped short. The video is very well done.

#13 9 years ago

Great video! Showdown looks baddass!

#14 9 years ago

Hey, as I can't watch it: Any changes on the machine like high Resolution Plastics or other modifications? Anything remarkable? Are you satisfied with what you see in this very Long anticipated Video? Thanks for sharing!

#15 9 years ago

Cool Video Kevin.

Thank you for sharing.

#16 9 years ago

Looking forward to mine and seeing some being delivered to new happy owners.

#17 9 years ago

Hey Kevin> a few questions:

when progressing towards killing spree how does one keep track of which characters they have collected/ are left to collect? Are there status lights lit/unlit or do I need to remember?

also, is the center slot in the pf for the 2 standups still going to be more narrow on final game?

#18 9 years ago

Looks great Kevin! I do have one question. You said in Hunt Multiball you can't start a Mode, however Mode Start was flashing during that multiball. Is that a bug then?

#19 9 years ago

Also, do you have to do the modes in order? Or do the flippers or something control it before you make the Mode Start shot?

edit: Nevermind, I see later on that the pop bumpers control it. Cool!

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Also, do you have to do the modes in order? Or do the flippers or something control it before you make the Mode Start shot?

pop bumpers change the mode prior to start

#21 9 years ago

Here we go.....Thank You....I was "whelmed"
Not over, or under....will watch a few times...

#22 9 years ago

Nice vid. Thanks for sharing.

#23 9 years ago

The video was well done for a players walk through. Bravo!

I skimmed the second half due to time. Did anyone see the UV working during gameplay? I saw it only on the preview to a segment but in Hunter mode didn't notice. Again, I skimmed the second half of video.

#24 9 years ago

I will say it was very nice to see shots very smooth and makable both front and backhand.

The main demo portions for hunt mode appear to have on over head lights so no UV visible. The preview segments appeared to be edits/cuts with the old big/overhead UV tube video?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

The video was well done for a players walk through. Bravo!
I skimmed the second half due to time. Did anyone see the UV working during gameplay? I saw it only on the preview to a segment but in Hunter mode didn't notice. Again, I skimmed the second half of video.

Great video.

I did not see the UV working during gameplay but thought I saw it in the beginning of the video before the gameplay demo.

#26 9 years ago

That's a lot of 5k custom game right there! Well done!

#27 9 years ago

Sweet! that video got me pumped up again, I'm going to have to watch Predator tonight!

#28 9 years ago

Objective: Try to have a decent ball on camera.
That made me laugh

Great vid Kevin. Thanks!
Really looking forward to this

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

That made me laugh
Great vid Kevin. Thanks!
Really looking forward to this

I saw that too and had a good laugh!

#30 9 years ago

Damn, there goes another 5000$. That looks amazing and now I'm ready for full payment. What a great theme and extremely well done code, thanks Kevin can't wait to get mine.

#31 9 years ago

"Pretty sophisticated for a bunch of half-assed mountain boys"
OUTSTANDING JOB! Great backhand shots! "UNLOAD" looks awesome.

#32 9 years ago

If you're short on time and just want to see someone actually playing it, and not "hand" demoing then skip to 24:40 for the gameplay section.

Great work guys, I can see why the video took a little while to get together, nicely packaged, no one should feel like they don't know what the game is all about now.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Any changes on the machine like high Resolution Plastics or other modifications?

No.

Quoted from lamihh:

other modifications?

No.

Quoted from lamihh:

Anything remarkable?

No.

Quoted from lamihh:

Are you satisfied with what you see in this very Long anticipated Video?

Yes, it's a great video. Plastics, UV effect, return guides and center shots (the most popular question marks it seems) are all, I believe, either unchanged or unaddressed. Other notes: The ramp returns still bounce which is a bit of a sad face, but orbit redirect seems to work just fine.

#34 9 years ago

This game cannot get to my house quick enough. Great video Kevin!

#35 9 years ago

@navajas/ Thanks, dude!

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

"Pretty sophisticated for a bunch of half-assed mountain boys"
OUTSTANDING JOB! Great backhand shots! "UNLOAD" looks awesome.

Ya ! They live in them mountains between Mount Clemens and Mount Pleasant ! I've climbed both !

#37 9 years ago

Dang it I'm at work, will have to wait till I get home to watch it.

#38 9 years ago

I just wanted to congratulate SKIT-B for creating an exciting new pinball machine. The fact that you pulled this off shows your dedication as well as your skill.

Bravo!

Well Done.

Looking forward to getting mine!

Marcus

#39 9 years ago

The long awaited and fabled video arrives!

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Dig the logo. I think that is new?

Not necessarily 'new,' but updated. I like it too

Quoted from Perspex:

The lighting doesn't seem as retina melting as it was before.

It's not. I spent way too much time trying to figure out a workaround for this but it ended up being a pretty simple hardware change. They are about half as bright now. Works great both in the dark and in direct light.

Quoted from rai:

Thanks Kevin, have not got a chance to see it yet but this is exactly what I was waiting for.
Hope you are doing well.

Thanks, rai. I'm doing a lot better now that this is out there!

Quoted from Whysnow:

when progressing towards killing spree how does one keep track of which characters they have collected/ are left to collect? Are there status lights lit/unlit or do I need to remember?
also, is the center slot in the pf for the 2 standups still going to be more narrow on final game?

Killing Spree progress is something that you just need to remember and pay attention to. I know this will be confusing to some, but it adds a level of involvement in the game that just can't be beat.
Also, yes, the middle target cutout has been made smaller on the final playfields. This video was filmed on the same machine that you played at MGC (and MPE, LAX, TPF, etc...), which is why it looks somewhat dirty and a little battered in the video. 5000+ plays without a proper shop job is hard on any game

Quoted from flashburn:

Looks great Kevin! I do have one question. You said in Hunt Multiball you can't start a Mode, however Mode Start was flashing during that multiball. Is that a bug then?

Yes, it is. Just fixed it. Also, from this post, I saw that after a mode is done but before you hit your ramp to enable it, mode start is blinking then, as well, so that was taken care of, too. Good eye

Quoted from Whysnow:

The main demo portions for hunt mode appear to have on over head lights so no UV visible. The preview segments appeared to be edits/cuts with the old big/overhead UV tube video?

Main demo is directly lit as well as I could in my shop with fluorescent lighting, so yeah, no UV there for sure. The cuts from the preview segments were NOT edits of the previous video, those were taken with a much better camera that simply picks up the UV effect better than the one used to shoot the gameplay. Let me state this once, clearly:
The UV effect that you see in the preview cuts is what you see when hunting in darkness, live on the table.

Quoted from Drano:

That made me laugh

Tried to have a little more fun with this one, at least in editing. Some folks have said that Skit-B lost their humor when Aaron departed, so I had to do a little something here and there. Aaron tends to agree with this statement... :-/

Quoted from Aurich:

Great work guys, I can see why the video took a little while to get together, nicely packaged, no one should feel like they don't know what the game is all about now.

Thanks, that is definitely what I was shooting for with this one. The entire game is out on the table now. Shouldn't be many more questions left, at this point.

Quoted from navajas:

Plastics, UV effect, return guides and center shots (the most popular question marks it seems) are all, I believe, either unchanged or unaddressed. Other notes: The ramp returns still bounce which is a bit of a sad face, but orbit redirect seems to work just fine.

Plastics: Mostly unchanged. There has been a major increase in resolution, but honestly, in my opinion, didn't change the look very much.
UV Effect: See the beginning of the hunt or killing spree section. That is how it looks while playing in a dark room. Very prominent and eye-catching.
Return guides: Unchanged.
Center shots: What about them??

Quoted from Jared:

The long awaited and fabled video arrives!

Thanks to everyone for showing support while we took the time to get this all done!

Quoted from Wahchintonka:

This game cannot get to my house quick enough. Great video Kevin!

And of course big thank yous to everyone congratulating us and for all the positive feedback on the video itself. Now I'm going to shamelessly go take a day off and get back to work in the morning! Thanks, everybody!

#41 9 years ago

I dig it, thanks Kev.

#42 9 years ago

This looks and sounds fantastic. I'm sadly years to late to get one now (I probably would've if I was into pinball at the time though!) but can't wait to play it at a show some time soon. Great work guys, very cool achievement.

#43 9 years ago

Great video Kevin! Enjoy the day off.

#44 9 years ago

Kevin,

What is the production plan/timing at this point?

side note >>Art and I confirmed with each other and are just waiting for final word from you. I can pay my next amount as soon as I get confirmation email with details.

#45 9 years ago

Congratulations to the build team and to the buyers.

The game looks quite nice.

#46 9 years ago

I thought the lighting was very impressive as well as the sound/callouts and there relation with the game. When Long Tall Sally started playing was prob one of my favourite parts of the video. Very well done

#47 9 years ago

Thank you for the mission complete video VER 1.2 Really appreciate the hard work!!

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

When Long Tall Sally started playing was prob one of my favourite parts of the video.

Agreed!

#49 9 years ago

Couple quick questions for the OP. Now that the game appears to be truly done, what can you share regarding production time frames? When (approximately) will these puppies begin to ship?

#50 9 years ago

Can't view video on mobile device here.

There are 1,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-players-guide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.