th_avatar109503_22.gif
baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg
th_alien_0011.gif
dancing_fruit.gif
3_predator_rage.gif
hulksmile.gif
Demon_2.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 31.
#51 12 years ago

You should also make the posts above the outlanes adjustable. Either slide rule like wpc95s or multiple holes to choose from like TSPP. I see a couple basic layout shots that are going to make it drain. Overall love the look of the cabinet and have no problems with 2 flippers no upper pf.

I also keep thinking to myself that a lifting ramp with kickout hole under it have not been very utilized in recent games. I really like this feature on Pin Bot and Whirl Wind. Could really make rules even deeper.

Just thoughts you are doing great work

#52 12 years ago

Freaking amazing! Congrats to you guys and best of luck moving forward into production. Not sure how I missed news of this before, but talk about exciting having yet another player in the mix! Heck of a theme too.

As for the company logos, I can see keeping them, but you need to tone them way down, especially on the cabinet. It really takes away from the effect. Shrink them way down and put them in a "quiet" corner and you'll still get your name out there without taking away from the art. Minor criticism though on a ridiculously cool project! Can't wait to see more!

All the best,
Chris

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

We like Skit-B, though! Anyways, we may end up removing the company logo from the front of the apron and maybe even the backglass, but in all honesty we really dig how it looks on the side. Time and criticism will be the judge of that, though.

You guys are biased towards the logo. Looks fine on the sides, terrible on the front, ok on the back

#54 12 years ago

I'm going to be over there during the expo getting pics/video (yes, more video than pics), does anyone have any pressing questions you want me to ask while I'm over there?

#55 12 years ago

I'll be there also! Can't wait to see it!

#56 12 years ago

Postmaster, ya gotta find me, we'll play a game or 2, put your user name to the test!

Don't worry, I'm no A list player, you'll be able to defend your good username.

#57 12 years ago

Blakesell,

I'll be wearing my Pinside Blue shirt. I'm in the Pinbrawl, we're team Collector's Connection. We'll be in the lowest bracket, this is our first tournament.

#58 12 years ago

You can call the machine SKIT*B for all I care. Just make a good pin for a fair price, and I am happy.

#60 12 years ago

I'll find anyone wearing a pinside shirt, I didn't see anyone with that at the Ohio show.

reminder to self.. buy pinside shirt.

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

I'll find anyone wearing a pinside shirt, I didn't see anyone with that at the Ohio show.

reminder to self.. buy pinside shirt.

Good idea! I wore mine at the Louisville arcade expo.

#62 12 years ago

what I like about this game and the team is that they have not led us on for 3-6-9 months. They are telling us about the game just before its released...

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

what I like about this game and the team is that they have not led us on for 3-6-9 months. They are telling us about the game just before its released...

They announced it and started giving updates last June. That is 9 months.

#64 12 years ago

ok I take it back then...

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

They announced it and started giving updates last June. That is 9 months.

Foiled, again...

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Looks fine on the sides, terrible on the front, ok on the back

Is this a common thought so far? Interested in the feedback on this potential issue.

Quoted from gambit3113:

You can call the machine SKIT*B for all I care. Just make a good pin for a fair price, and I am happy.

As per gambit's request, the name of the game is now Skit-B.*

Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I'll be there also! Can't wait to see it!

We'll have to get some games in, as well.

*Neither true nor funny. Apologies, everyone.

#66 12 years ago

Here you go, guys. Keep in mind that this is still in extremely early stages of testing, but here's a quick video showing off the whitewood in action. As always, we are looking forward to hearing your thoughts and comments on what we have so far!

#67 12 years ago

Looks GREAT!!

#68 12 years ago

Still counting down the days! Just a week to go on that MI expo!

#69 12 years ago

Man that looks awesome. Love some of the rules. Hunt is creative. I hope you give an option to reverse the logic on that orbit post. I'd rather hold or hit the flipper to divert and do nothing to get full orbit. How many of these do you plan to build?

#70 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

How many of these do you plan to build?

I think I saw 200 somewhere???

#71 12 years ago

Simply put that looks bad ass! Thanks for posting the video for us looks like it is really coming together and has some unique features to it. Not sure if you have said yet but how many do you all plan on making?

#72 12 years ago

Loving the hunt feature and think it would be awesome in an arcade - for those of us who remember such things!

#73 12 years ago

That vid is incredible! From earlier stuff I was thinking this would be like an EM with a ramp, but wow. impressive

#74 12 years ago

looking great, really looking forward to final product and a possible preorder!!

this interests me much more than WOZ - would rather hear Arhnoldddd over and over again than woz music

#75 12 years ago

I am in. Let's do this.

#76 12 years ago

Looks awesome guys, love the hunt mode especially the multiball add on, as well as the loop post - great built in variety / control.

Are the plastic ramps custom made or something from another machine?

Great work guys.

#77 12 years ago

Thanks! We are extremely grateful for the amount of feedback we have gotten from you guys here at Pinside.

Quoted from markmon:

I hope you give an option to reverse the logic on that orbit post.

I don't really see an issue with adding something like that. Whatever feels more natural, I suppose.

Quoted from markmon:

How many of these do you plan to build?

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

how many do you all plan on making?

Quoted from Drano:

I think I saw 200 somewhere???

You would be right. We will be shooting for 200 games to be produced, but will go to 250 if the demand is high enough. There will be no more than 250 made, when all is said and done.

Quoted from teachp8:

Loving the hunt feature and think it would be awesome in an arcade - for those of us who remember such things!

I do remember, and I shed a single tear for the glory days. I have to agree with you, too, that the Hunt feature would work extremely well in a nice, dark arcade.

Quoted from rommy:

That vid is incredible! From earlier stuff I was thinking this would be like an EM with a ramp, but wow. impressive

This cracked me right up. The idea behind this project began as a small conversation in my basement one night about what we were going to do with an old FirePower machine in bad shape. Originally, we were going to retheme a FirePower into a Predator, and what was the only thing we were going to add? You guessed it, one single ramp! My, how the project has grown...

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

looking great, really looking forward to final product and a possible preorder!!

Pre-orders will be taken at the Expo here in Michigan next weekend, and will go live on the website shortly after that. I'll personally throw a post up here on Pinside to give you guys first chance before going live with pre-orders on the website. Small gesture for the excitement and critique we've received over here!

#78 12 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Looks awesome guys, love the hunt mode especially the multiball add on, as well as the loop post - great built in variety / control.

This is exactly what we were shooting for, thank you! There are a couple other minor things added to a few things in the game that work somewhat the same way. Bonus points for "backhanding" a hard shot? You bet!

Quoted from swinks:

Are the plastic ramps custom made or something from another machine?

Ramps are custom made right here in my shop. The ramps on the prototype in the video are somewhat crude, as they aren't exactly the final molds we will be using on the production machines. The ramps in the prototype were custom-formed to our spec, but when we got them on the machine they certainly needed some modification, so we literally put them through band saws and table grinders to get proper use out of them.

#79 12 years ago

Is there going to be something in place of that large rubber ring above the left pop bumper?

It seems like alot of real estate is going unused there??

#80 12 years ago

This cracked me right up. The idea behind this project began as a small conversation in my basement one night about what we were going to do with an old FirePower machine in bad shape

Did you ever post anything showing an old Firepower? It sounds so familiar it would be wierd if it was coincidence. Firepower is the first pin I ever put a quarter into back at the Fort Smith, Arkansas central mall arcade. Still brings back memories everytime I hear it. I am really glad you did not go with the firepower plus a ramp layout though . What you guys have accomplished in your basement is an achievement. And y'all are gonna sell it to us?!?! total bonus. I'll take mine with shaker motor and glue gun please.

#81 12 years ago

With all these great new pins coming out, my desire for a NIB is at an alltime high.

#82 12 years ago

Looks great. If you guys could design a pinball that glowed in the "hunt" mode that would be awsome.

#83 12 years ago

And the Big Question...drum roll....How Much?
Who's yer pal...who's yer buddy....

#84 12 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Is there going to be something in place of that large rubber ring above the left pop bumper?

Without giving away too much, yes. Just don't expect like a giant Predator toy or anything like that; expect something a little more...'visually useful'?

Quoted from rommy:

Did you ever post anything showing an old Firepower? It sounds so familiar it would be wierd if it was coincidence.

Nope, it never even got off the ground. I researched a few things on how to redo the sound effects and all that, then looked into arduinos and such to control the solenoids, then it just got to be more and more and more until we just gave up on the idea and started discussing making it a "real" pin. I actually just sold that FirePower a few months ago, which is strange because we've since started another retheme project to waste time while we are waiting on contractors and such.

#85 12 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Looks great. If you guys could design a pinball that glowed in the "hunt" mode that would be awsome.

Powerballs will likely glow in the hunt mode, but we don't have any Powerballs around here to try them with. Either way, we can't really just go around throwing Powerballs into our production games, but if you have a Powerball, feel free to drop it into a Predator and see what happens We did toy with the idea of red balls for a short time, but out of hunt mode it made the game look cheap and they played kinda funny.

Quoted from spfxted:

And the Big Question...drum roll....How Much?
Who's yer pal...who's yer buddy....

They are looking like they will come in around $4750 or so, but for you, buddy, $4750

#86 12 years ago

They are looking like they will come in around $4750 or so, but for you, buddy, $4750

In for 1! Serious!

#87 12 years ago

Great! It will be a good test to see how many will be taken by Pinside Members.

#88 12 years ago

Can I call number 13? Dibs if so.

#89 12 years ago

No problem! He's my buddy...just tell em' you know me.

#90 12 years ago

I will grab 1 also! would love #42 short for 420 lol....

#91 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Can I call number 13? Dibs if so.

I'll talk to the R&D guy here who has his heart set on #13. Out of 250 possible numbers to call, you jumped at one of only two numbers we were hoping to reserve

When pre-orders open up, you will be able to claim a number you prefer, as long as it hasn't been called for yet. It's also a first-come, first-served basis, if that helps.

#92 12 years ago

Excellent looking game and I am very interested.
Is there any thoughts of some better GI lighting as it looks a bit dark ?

As a first game out of the gate you guys are doing an impressive job.

What boards and what mechs are being used ? WMS ?

#93 12 years ago

I bet this game for 1/2 the price will be better than ACDC....

#94 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Excellent looking game and I am very interested.
Is there any thoughts of some better GI lighting as it looks a bit dark ?

That's going to come down to one of those "it will work itself out in testing" kind of situations. Currently, there are only 3 people in the world who have played the game, so it is going to be hard to judge something like that until we get more people playing it in more situations. In the whitewood video, there is absolutely zero lighting sources outside of the game itself, which was in a basement at 4AM. Not exactly the target lighting conditions to test in, but I'm sure that played at least a small part in that.

Quoted from mnpinball:

What boards and what mechs are being used? WMS?

The brains of the machine are driven by a P-ROC, and the power-driver boards come from the same manufacturer as the P-ROC, along with another board to drive the lamp matrix. We are working on getting some bigger companies from within the industry to get onboard with manufacturing parts for us, but if not they will have to be made in-house. We're not opposed to having parts made for us specifically, but we would certainly rather have our assemblies manufactured by someone we already know within the pinball community. The next few months will be interesting, for sure.

#95 12 years ago

So will this game be in Seattle in June or PHOF in vegas???

#96 12 years ago

Looking great. Really love the siderail lighting for your semi blackout huntmode. Great idea.

Very intersted and might want one as it gets closer to completion.

#97 12 years ago

Best theme released in years, atleast for me. Any chance of shipping one to Australia?

#98 12 years ago

I'm liking the "control a diverter with a flipper" action to choose which ramp it goes. it's giving you a control that's never been there before.

#99 12 years ago

Will it be only rated for US power or suit Australia's 240v power?

again awesome work.

#100 12 years ago

wow!! that hunt mode is really cool!
very good idea. original stuff like you dont see in years!
keep it up

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 31.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.