th_avatar109503_22.gif
baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg
th_alien_0011.gif
dancing_fruit.gif
3_predator_rage.gif
hulksmile.gif
Demon_2.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 31.
#701 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Pat...did you order two Predator machines? (ref the #22 & 244)
PBD # 90

Yes, for me and a friend of mine not for dealing with it

Pat #22 / #244

#702 11 years ago

Sent out an email. I hope there are pre orders left! I've been looking to buy my first pin and can't believe I didn't know this was in the works. Glad I found out before I pulled the trigger on something else!

#703 11 years ago

Here's another one of these posts... Just finished with my emails again, so if you sent me something and I didn't reply, please send again. Thanks!

#704 11 years ago

Hi Kevin, any idea or timeframe as of yet on when you may reveal a sample or draft of the playfield artwork? Or do you guys plan on getting it completed first and finalised for a big reveal? Thanks again for all the info and updates.

#706 11 years ago

Thanks for the update, looking foward to seeing this all come together. Predator #45

#707 11 years ago

Ok Kevin....we need a small update....How about this for a magnetic ball grab?

predator_1.gifpredator_1.gif

#708 11 years ago

At a minimum that would make a wicked DMD animation.

Scott

#709 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How about this for a magnetic ball grab?

A magnet would be epic surprise for us indeed! There hasn't been anything mentioned about it to this point but it would be one sweet addition for sure.

With all the features being put into pins these days one without any magnets or multiple cool interactive features may seem a bit dated. They do have the post diverter (probably needs a bit of refinement per videos) and the lock grab but I'm hopping they a a few more tricks up their sleeve for us.

#710 11 years ago

I discussed this with Kevin at the Allentown show. Keep fingers crossed!

Pred_Jung_02.gifPred_Jung_02.gif

#711 11 years ago

I love me some magnets, I hope there is at least ONE somewhere in the game.

#712 11 years ago

Any chance we can get Predator added to the Pinside database? WoZ and even X-Men are in there already.

#713 11 years ago

Yeah!

alien_predator016.gifalien_predator016.gif

#714 11 years ago

Has there been any word when the first payment is due? We are getting close, no?

#715 11 years ago

Yup...haven't gotten many updates lately. I'm assuming this means that the Skit-B guys have been super-busy lately!

Would love to see some art samples, or some other informational nugget!

Pete

#716 11 years ago

Art sample would be nice!!!

#717 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok Kevin....we need a small update....How about this for a magnetic ball grab?

Attachments predator_1.gif (277.8 KB, 0 downloads) 10 hours old

Very cool.

#718 11 years ago

I say we give them the time they need to get it right. Such an awesome theme and concept would hate for anything to be rushed. So much excitement surrounding pinball right now!

As far as payment, I think I remember Kevin saying they'd take the first half as your game was next in line, and then the second half upon completion.

#719 11 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

As far as payment, I think I remember Kevin saying they'd take the first half as your game was next in line, and then the second half upon completion.

Thanks

#720 11 years ago

Are these still available? I tried the website and couldn't find a link anywhere to ask about purchasing.

#721 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Are these still available? I tried the website and couldn't find a link anywhere to ask about purchasing.

Need to shoot Kevin a PM or e-mail.

Scott

#722 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

A magnet would be epic surprise for us indeed!.

That and an under PF trough.

#723 11 years ago

I think there is gonna be a surprise to come....

th_alien_0010.gifth_alien_0010.gif

#724 11 years ago

I received a response from Robin and forwarded on all the necessary information. We should have Predator in the database shortly!

#725 11 years ago

Maybe its time for me to pay the Predator guys a visit since they are so close, location wise to me. They just love playing pinball after all.

#726 11 years ago

Do it! Get the info!

eye.gifeye.gif

#727 11 years ago

It's entirely possible Kevin and company have been abducted and taken to some remote planet to fight for their lives... or they're just busy gettin'er done

Yes, I did watch Predators again the other night.

#728 11 years ago

Yes! Kevin....a teeny weeny tiny peek at some PF item/art? A pic...heck, even a hand drawn sketch of something we don't know about yet? C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#729 11 years ago

I say wait til next week for an update til all this hoopla for X-Men and WOZ dies down a little.

#730 11 years ago

As they have said, as soon as they have something polished enough to show they will share it with us. It's crucial for them to get this right so I am more then willing to give them some time to iron out the details and make this a bad ass pin. They are still shooting for late Summer early fall to start building them so I imagine they are working their buts off trying to add features and software to the pin and get it rock solid. Take your time to make sure you get this first project right Skit-B.

Best of luck to you and the team Kevin we are pulling for you all to make this an epic pin!

#731 11 years ago

Agreed, give them time to do what they gotta do. No point in rushing a project with so much potential for greatness. I wouldn't be disappointed if they pushed back the estimated release 6 months if it meant a badass final product. Getting the game ready to have something to show is more important than showing it at this point.

Funny, I am out of town and got the itch to watch Predator last night. I don't have my copy with me, but thought it was on Netflix on-demand. I looked, but no Predator! I was dismayed, so I turned to the tv on to see what else was on and boom, Alien vs Predator! Not quite the same, but it took off some of the sting.

#732 11 years ago

I'm sure since this a small production late summer into winter is probably highly optimistic. I wouldnt be surprised if it ends up being late summer early winter of next year. A prime example is the woz pin, look how long its been, and these guys don't have the man power jersey jack has. As someone else said, I don't mind waiting either, with the rise of new pin prices I respect and appreciate what the skit b team is offering us at a great price with an awesome theme. Sounds like a win all the way around no matter how long the wait is in my opinion. This is gonna be one bad ass pin.

#733 11 years ago

Relax and let them do their work. Rushing anything will only result in mistakes.

#734 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

A prime example is the woz pin, look how long its been

Fortunately it looks like Predator may actually be further along than WOZ, playfield art (applied) aside. This should give them plenty of time to sort out the finer details.

#735 11 years ago

I dont think anyone is rushing them or even hinting at rushing. Just a few people asking for a peek at some art. I agree with everyone on this page of the thread Kevin you and your team take your time and make us one heck of a pin, but give us a teeny weeny peek at the art pretty please

#736 11 years ago

I agree...this should not be rushed and probably won't be ready till mid next year.

predatorduckhunt1.gifpredatorduckhunt1.gif

#737 11 years ago

Not trying to rush anyone, but I emailed for info and haven't heard back so I assume they are busy. Anyone know if these are still available for pre-order?

#738 11 years ago

This is also their first pin so mega important to get it right and ensure nice quality control re plastics/playfield/decals etc.

Happy to wait. No point rushing - it has to be kick ass!!

#739 11 years ago

Just send an email and wait. If you don't hear anything in a few days, send another email. I'm pretty sure there are some still available.

#740 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

and probably won't be ready till mid next year.

I doubt this based on their progress on the project and information they have provided thus far. Also, another thing to think of is they may need to get this pin out in or near their time frame for financial reasons. Either way, they appear to be highly motivated and as of right now I don't foresee initial production being put off until next year. That said, I do hope they take the time to ensure this is the best it can be.

#741 11 years ago

I would like it if you were right.

#742 11 years ago

Heard a rumor. Crud...I shouldn't even be typing this since it is not confirmed. Ok...ok...remember just a rumor I heard...a guy I work with who claims to be, "connected" in the pin scene.

The Predator theme we have all come to respect and await...may be getting replaced. The market may be a little to, "Soft" for that type of theme after all. Behind closed doors and totally"TOP SECRET" mode, is some new replacements theme art styles based on Beanie Babies. It is expected that no fewer than 30-50 individual Beanie Babes will occupy each PF. So, depending on which ones you get, you may very well end of with a collectors item before the first ball ejects out on to the table

Beanie_babies.jpgBeanie_babies.jpg

Lol. jk...I hope I did not tick off too many folks with this silly post

#743 11 years ago

My first NIB!...ya bastid!

winking0044.gifwinking0044.gif

#744 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I agree...this should not be rushed and probably won't be ready till mid next year.

Love that Duck Hunt gif.

#745 11 years ago

Thanks!

predator-unmasked.jpgpredator-unmasked.jpg

#746 11 years ago

We are still alive, but the emails have been lacking attention as of late. I always appreciate the words of encouragement, as well

It should be noted that while I haven't gotten around to my emails just yet, there are still some Predators to go around. If you've emailed me to get on the list, don't worry, I'll reply in a day or two.

Also, I couldn't help myself on this one. Aaron made me promise that I wouldn't show off our little side project until it's done, but somebody posted the duck hunt gif and now I just have to. NOTE: This is DEFINITELY not a production game, this is a retheme of a Williams Valiant for our private game room only! Pretty pretty please don't ask us to make another one.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7674/1000046x.jpg 100_0046.JPG100_0046.JPG

#747 11 years ago

Skit...bud...everyone here knows you are busy. We just are frantic at the moment. There is a rumor floating around about the theme changing and all the Playfield toys going the Beanie Baby route???

Can you comment? Lotta worried folks here

#748 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

It should be noted that while I haven't gotten around to my emails just yet, there are still some Predators to go around. If you've emailed me to get on the list, don't worry, I'll reply in a day or two.

pfew, i still have no confirmation . So here's fingers crossed, that with the next mailathon me and my friends are a go!

No rush Kevin, i rather you take a year longer and deliver a top notch pin, than rush the pin and the quality suffers.

#749 11 years ago

Is that the evil dead basement?

#750 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Is that the evil dead basement?

"Someone's in my fruit cellar!! ...Someone with a fresh soooouuuullll..."

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 31.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.