th_avatar109503_22.gif
baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg
th_alien_0011.gif
dancing_fruit.gif
3_predator_rage.gif
hulksmile.gif
Demon_2.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 31.
#551 11 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

I live less than 30 miles from you Phil....lol.

Hang on a minute. Twatsville? I've lived in Consett all my life and don't know of any Twatsville within 30 miles of me!

#552 11 years ago

No Twat near you!

#554 11 years ago

What is the opposite of erectile dysfunction called???

#555 11 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

Russo121 said:I live less than 30 miles from you Phil....lol.
Hang on a minute. Twatsville? I've lived in Consett all my life and don't know of any Twatsville within 30 miles of me!

LOL. Thats just for the benefit of t'internet lurkers....

I would be up for shipping the lot together. We'll just have to work out the details when the time comes. Most likely, a good deal on shipping would come via having them shipped by sea in one container.

The vat on 6 machines is approx £4125 @20% VAT + 2% import duty. Thats £687.50 each ($1100).

HOOOOOLLLLEEEEE SHEEEETTT!!!....

Get ready to tighten those belts fellas. I will be dining on catfood and weetabix for the weeks post predator delivery. Still amazes me to this day how much energy you get from ash and crude fibres....

#556 11 years ago

You guys near Newton Aycliffe? Teesside is same or near right? Went there 3-4 times a couple years ago for work.

#557 11 years ago

Newton Aycliffe is about 15 mins away from me. Turns out this pinball world is smaller than i thought....

#558 11 years ago

Nice segment on The Spooky Pinball Podcast tonight guys!

Chris

#559 11 years ago

Yes the segment sounded great! Here it is.
http://www.spookypinball.com/podcast-2/

#560 11 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Nice segment on The Spooky Pinball Podcast tonight guys!
Chris

+1

#561 11 years ago

Good listen!!

Skit Kevin, have you tried contacting Arnie via twitter or Facebook? He's quite active these days.

#562 11 years ago

Just heard your interview. very nice job. can't wait to see more.

#563 11 years ago

Can't wait for a new update on it, stoked!

#565 11 years ago

Bad publicity for us!

We are off to the Allentown show in a couple of hours. See you guys there!

#566 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

mnpinball said:http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/blog/post/723387/mortal-enemies-bury-the-hatchet/
Bad publicity for us!
We are off to the Allentown show in a couple of hours. See you guys there!

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing the game.

#567 11 years ago

Getting to da choppa on Saturday!

#568 11 years ago

I hear they are going to ride in on these.

294948_336769419723242_135750919825094.jpg294948_336769419723242_135750919825094.jpg

#569 11 years ago
Quoted from mipinballexpo:

#570 11 years ago

Holy crap!! I want one!!

#571 11 years ago

ugly, really ugly

#572 11 years ago

Can't wait to play tomorrow......Get to da choppa!

#573 11 years ago
Quoted from mipinballexpo:

Easily the ugliest motorcylce I have ever seen. LMAO

#576 11 years ago

Ted, that thing is awesome!! Only problem is you would need 10ft ceilings in your gameroom. Which also would be awesome now that I think of it.

#577 11 years ago

Or hopefully the SkitB team is having Matt from Back Alley Creations develop a topper or possibly having Joe (Laseriffic) develop one before all these pins ship out. What do you say Kevin, Topper in the works?

#578 11 years ago

Kevin did say something about a topper when I talked to him, and I thought on here. That would be an extra, and it'd be interactive. The idea was to have a Laser-Guided-Anti-Lyman device mounted on it (those that have seen him play with his.. crouch, would know what I mean by that maybe) . I no longer remember if Kevin covered this on this massive thread, so I won't reveal further details that I'm sure he could do better.

Post edited by Blakesell : elaboration

#579 11 years ago

Yeah, the first one is 20" but the second is only 12"

#580 11 years ago

I will wait to hear back as well...12 pages on this thread already....Takes some time to get through.

#581 11 years ago

Yes! We should start a new one... Predator Pinball at Allentown...

#582 11 years ago

There already is one

#584 11 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

That would be an extra, and it'd be interactive. The idea was to have a Laser-Guided-Anti-Lyman device mounted on it

That would be sweet having the Predator with a mounted laser that shoots down on the player. I remember them hinting at this a while back. I hope they can pull something like that off it would be an awesome feature!

#585 11 years ago

I think a "Chopper Topper (or Choppa' Toppa')" with spinning rotors for jackpots, a la FT, would be pretty damn funny if you're going the humor route

#586 11 years ago

Holy cow, guys, what a night. The show here at Allentown was seriously one of the best we've been to, and there was tons of interest in the Predator. It was nice to meet a lot of Pinsiders in person, as well as other people who we've talked to over the last few months. The really wild end to the night is that we let a bunch of pinheads from Montreal talk us into bringing the game up into our hotel room (didn't take much convincing, honestly) after the show closed down. There were something like 10 guys in the room with the game for about the last 5 hours or so, and we're just now getting to bed. What a blast, seriously. Big shout outs to Scott, Ian, Silvain (sp?), and everybody else who hung out for the better part of the night!

On a side note, I have been somewhat neglecting my emails and PMs while out here in PA, but I promise everybody I'll be getting to them within the next day or two.

Tomorrow morning we're going to be stopping by the sound manager's studio to nail down some info and ideas, and I'll make it a point to ask about attaching his name to the project officially. After that, it's a long ride home to check those emails and sleep for about a year...

#587 11 years ago

Oh man I may have to get my first nib

#588 11 years ago

So where to next Skit???

#589 11 years ago

We had a blast yesterday night playing that pin in the hotel room! Thank you very much to accept to bring the pin and share your awesome project with us!

Should be in my memories for the rest of my life

#590 11 years ago

Man. Wish I knew that was happening! I would of been there. I drove home like a chump instead. I'm 50/50 on it right now. Just need some friends to give me that extra 1 percent in the right direction! I'm sure I will be in touch. Very cool news on the sound manager too! People will enjoy that when you let that out. Tons of great news on the game. Had a blast playing in a few times. Nice meeting you guys as well.

#591 11 years ago

Man, I was getting really excited until I read "hotel room". I thought you were going to say they convinced you to bring the game up to Canada... with a stop in Toronto of course
Sounds like a blast. Our French Canadian brothers know how to party... Believe dat'

#592 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Making a topper with the predator or something else that would point a laser at the player would be sweet. Or even a laser worked into gameplay (on a Predator toy) in the playfield would be pretty cool. Not sure what type of safety concerns there would be maybe someone else can chime in on that. If you do need a waiver I would get it in writing before you ship it out and then a statement on the additional parts "by installing this...ect".

Waivers don't work every where. Waivers are attune to "assumption of risk" . . . that theory of law is only recognized in some states (usually states with skii resorts or beaches).

#593 11 years ago

You don't want to put a real laser on any machine, no matter what. The risk is just too great. There are plenty of LED's or strobe lights that can be used instead.

#594 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Waivers don't work every where. Waivers are attune to "assumption of risk" . . . that theory of law is only recognized in some states (usually states with skii resorts or beaches).

I wasn't implying they work everywhere. I was merely suggesting they add a step to what they were already thinking about doing which can be seen looking at my statement in context. I dont think coming up with an alternative to a 'laser' nowadays would be too difficult. Either way I think it is a great idea that would really be a cool feature if they were able to pull it off.

The really wild end to the night is that we let a bunch of pinheads from Montreal talk us into bringing the game up into our hotel room (didn't take much convincing, honestly) after the show closed down. There were something like 10 guys in the room with the game for about the last 5 hours or so, and we're just now getting to bed.

Sure sounds like you all had a fun night indeed! Glad the show went well for you all.

#595 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I wasn't implying they work everywhere. I was merely suggesting they add a step to what they were already thinking about doing which can be seen looking at my statement in context. I dont think coming up with an alternative to a 'laser' nowadays would be too difficult. Either way I think it is a great idea that would really be a cool feature if they were able to pull it off.

I agree fully with everything you say above. I was more of warning Skit B as I think they might have misunderstood you based on their response to your post.

#596 11 years ago

Holy cow, guys, what a night. The show here at Allentown was seriously one of the best we've been to, and there was tons of interest in the Predator. It was nice to meet a lot of Pinsiders in person, as well as other people who we've talked to over the last few months. The really wild end to the night is that we let a bunch of pinheads from Montreal talk us into bringing the game up into our hotel room (didn't take much convincing, honestly) after the show closed down. There were something like 10 guys in the room with the game for about the last 5 hours or so, and we're just now getting to bed. What a blast, seriously. Big shout outs to Scott, Ian, Silvain (sp?), and everybody else who hung out for the better part of the night!
On a side note, I have been somewhat neglecting my emails and PMs while out here in PA, but I promise everybody I'll be getting to them within the next day or two.
Tomorrow morning we're going to be stopping by the sound manager's studio to nail down some info and ideas, and I'll make it a point to ask about attaching his name to the project officially. After that, it's a long ride home to check those emails and sleep for about a year...

The pleasure was all ours! It's nice to see people as crazy as we are! Again, thanks from the MAACA members! Sylvain (Azatotht), Victor (Splitskull) and myself were talking about it all the way home!

Ian

#597 11 years ago

Kevin and Aaron,
Great time in Allentown. The highlite of the show was Predator. From ALL the Canadians that are fans and on board for Predator, from Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto, and across the country, keep it up guys. Looking forward to it and we can't wait for the arrival of this fantastic pin.
# 35 , 76 and 150.
Scott

#598 11 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Oh man I may have to get my first nib

Stay tuned, there are a few more tricks up our sleeve to be released fairly soon

Quoted from RGR:

So where to next Skit???

HOME! Joking aside, we don't have any current plans to go to any more shows, at the moment. There are a few we're looking into, but for now we need to focus a bit on the game, itself. There have been huge leaps with the game, physically, in the last month or so, but there are still just the two of us that are working on the actual 'development' end of the game, and it has been somewhat neglected in that aspect while doing public appearances and shows and such. We're not taking ourselves off of the social 'map,' but we have lots of work to do. Before we go off to another show or other public showing, we need to get our new whitewood installed with new ramps (those who have played the machine know what I'm talking about) and new shot modifications, not to mention the new modes that are being added at the same time.

Quoted from Redketchup:

Should be in my memories for the rest of my life

For sure! We had a blast, as well.

Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Man. Wish I knew that was happening! I would of been there. I drove home like a chump instead.

It's not like it was a planned thing; the idea came up during a cigarette break in front of the hotel at like 10PM. The party don't stop just because the show was over!

Quoted from Drano:

Man, I was getting really excited until I read "hotel room". I thought you were going to say they convinced you to bring the game up to Canada

Don't worry, no matter what they'll tell you, they were pretty jealous of ya for being the first on the list

Quoted from spfxted:

There are plenty of LED's or strobe lights that can be used instead.

This is the angle we're looking at right now. We'll let you all know how it pans out.

Quoted from Sparkys_Revenge:

It's nice to see people as crazy as we are! Sylvain (Azatotht), Victor (Splitskull) and myself were talking about it all the way home!

Believe me, we were too We're gonna have to get together again soon and hang out. Maybe a trip out through Canada is in order?

Quoted from internacollector:

From ALL the Canadians that are fans and on board for Predator, from Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto, and across the country, keep it up guys.

Scott,

Please see above comment

#599 11 years ago
Quoted from internacollector:

From ALL the Canadians that are fans and on board for Predator, from Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto, and across the country, keep it up guys.

Nice to see the Canucks out in full force!
After 7 years collecting I only joined the forums earlier this year so that I could get to know others in the hobby a lot better and get more involved... and especially to find some local pinheads.

Seems like the Canadian contingent on pinside has been steadily increasing recently. Very cool to see the support shown for SkitB. One road trip to Allentown and three more Predators coming north of the 49th... that's pretty cool!

Now we all just have to get together and play some pinball!!!

Adriano

#600 11 years ago

ahhh gezz I was really hoping to check this out when I came to the states in June...

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 31.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.