th_avatar109503_22.gif
baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg
th_alien_0011.gif
dancing_fruit.gif
3_predator_rage.gif
hulksmile.gif
Demon_2.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 31.
#1 12 years ago

Just wanted to drop by here and let everyone know that the Predator project is still very much alive and our prototype is almost finished. Anyone in the northern mid-west (or even further away, of course, if you're so inclined) is invited to come out to the Michigan Pinball Expo (www.MiPinball.com) from April 12th-15th in Oakland, MI to see and play the prototype first hand and play a TON of other pins for the weekend. Also, the website, www.skitbpinball.com, has been updated with some new pictures and a video or two so you can all keep up with the progress we're making with the game. Hope to see some of you at the show and play some games together!

pred_backglass1024x716.jpgpred_backglass1024x716.jpg

#2 12 years ago

It would be great to see some pics of that pin! I hope someone brings a camera and shares em with us.

#3 12 years ago

Cool! I second the request for pics. EDIT: Just checked out the website, looks like it's going to be a sweet pin!

#4 12 years ago

Now that is a license I can get excited about!

#5 12 years ago

I'll be there with a camera, I'll get some video if I can.

#6 12 years ago

The Sound Track reminds me of DM . I Hope it's a Wide-body !!

#7 12 years ago

Id love to play that one. Predator is one of my faves

#8 12 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words, guys!

@Blake: Look us up when you're at the show, we'll let ya get as many pics or videos as you like, just come find us. We're very hard to miss.

@BlackRose: This one isn't a wide-body, sorry As the game was coming together, it just didn't need to grow physically, as we were able to fit everything we initially wanted (and more) into a standard cabinet, even though at times it wasn't easy. We have a photos section on the website, but I'll leave a picture here of the whitewood so you can get an idea of the layout. There are a lot of things missing from this pic, so try to reserve judgement for when it is fully assembled I imagine it will have everything but ramps on it within the next day or two, and the ramps will be added hopefully within the week. Of course, we'll share pics here as they come.

v.JPGv.JPG

#9 12 years ago

Predator Pinball ?!? how the hell did I miss this?

need more info!

The website is sparse. Who are the guys behind it?
What's the cost? Pre-orders?

#10 12 years ago

We don't exactly advertise much, so I'm not too surprised you haven't heard of this before. There's not a lot of reason to advertise real heavily, considering we are only making ~200 of these, so word of mouth and the appearances we're making at expos, conventions and shows should eat those up fairly quickly, we believe.
The website is as sparse as the concrete info we have at the moment. We'd love to post up the nitty gritty particulars, but we just haven't been able to land any exact monetary numbers or concrete dates. Candidly speaking here on Pinside is a bit different than official website postings, so I feel more comfortable sharing some tentative information.
Please read that a few more times: Tentative! Tentative! Tentative!
Pre-orders open on April 15th of this year (2012), either by email, phone or on the website itself. The site will be updated with all of the necessary information to get the pre-orders in. If you have a number you'd like to reserve you can make that choice, as well, assuming it isn't already taken.
Cost is a big deal, so we're working on driving that down with every decision we make. Right now, (please see disclaimer above: Tentative!) we estimate the end cost to hover in the mid-to-high $4000 range; something like $4500~$4750. We're doing everything we can to keep it under that $5000 mark.
As for the guys behind it, we are an extremely small company made up exclusively of life-long industry professionals and hobbyists. The names of the people involved are listed on the website under the crew section. If you're looking to see if we have any Steve Ritchies, George Gomezes or Brian Eddies, you won't be finding anything like that. The entire company is made up of fresh, new talent, eager to show off what we've got.

Playfield design and software is done by yours truly, Kevin W. Kulek.
Playfield artwork is done by James Dubay.
Assembly design and R&D is done by Aaron Klumpp.
All of our paperwork - both monetary and legal - is done by Kathy L. Kulek.

All of us are able to be reached directly by our email addresses on the website under the crew section. We are all also reachable by Facebook under Skit-B Pinball. We all have our own personal Facebook accounts which you can reach us at, but we kind of prefer using the company profile for this type of stuff. Conversely, if you want to just talk pinball or whatnot, by all means, go ahead and add us

#11 12 years ago

Amazing work Kevin!

How much did the Predator license cost for 200 games?

Is Arnold's likeness included in the License, or does he require some kind of separate license?

How much oversight was there with the artwork from the film/game company?

#12 12 years ago

The licensing and likeness costs and all that aren't really something we're allowed to talk much about, unfortunately. If you're wondering if certain characters will appear in the game / artwork, I can tell you that all of the notable characters are present in both.
I'm not exactly clear what you mean with the term "oversight." We haven't run into any qualms with anyone about how the characters are being portrayed or anything, if that's what you mean. I know there was a big hiccup with the Demolition Man over something like that with Wesley Snipes and they had to go through multiple backglass designs because of it, but we haven't had any issues with anything like that, so we're happy.

#13 12 years ago

I just creamed my pants.... Will it be at the NorthWest Champs in Seattle???

#14 12 years ago

Great work.

Keep it up I want to see 25 pinball producers by the end of the decade. (fingers crossed)

Once you have a price and a more completed machine send me an email.

#15 12 years ago

heard about PREDATOR last year on www.aussiearcade.com.au forum

great to see your progress guys, and am impressed by your youtube vid via your website

look forward to seeing more from skitbpinball, especially a completed whitewood vid (hint hint)

DR

#16 12 years ago

a new pin? wow!
looks cool!

lets see it in action!

#17 12 years ago

I'm speechless right now...

#18 12 years ago

Its a nice change that you have informed us of this pin at towards the end of the production rather than having to wait 6-18 months to see the game in action

#19 12 years ago

So, anybody that was there have pictures?

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

I just creamed my pants.... Will it be at the NorthWest Champs in Seattle???

Depends on when NorthWest Champs is, honestly. I haven't been to Seattle in quite some time, and I'd love a good excuse to go back. We appreciate the enthusiasm, as always, now go change your pants.

Quoted from devil_rider:

look forward to seeing more from skitbpinball, especially a completed whitewood vid (hint hint)
DR

Quoted from hassanchop:

lets see it in action!

Quoted from RGR:

see the game in action

We're on it, fellas, we really are, but it might be a few more days. We were originally going to take a video or two of the original playfield we had in it, but that was just too nasty to show and not everything worked as it should have, so we had to wait until everything was taken care of and the physics and trigonometry were all proper before posting up any real footage of the game being played. Luckily, as RGR has pointed out, we're near the end of the production cycle, so we're looking at getting all of that in line within a matter of days. I will certainly come back and let everyone know when the videos go up as soon as they are ready. Until then, thanks again for all the excitement; we sincerely feed off of it and it keeps us extremely motivated to make sure we make the absolute best game possible!

#21 12 years ago

I am more excited about this game than any other.... Wow I cant wait to see it

#22 12 years ago

Bmore - the show hasn't happened yet, it's the weekend of the 14th, and I'll be there when the doors open on the 12th. I'll do what I can for images of this thing.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

Bmore - the show hasn't happened yet, it's the weekend of the 14th, and I'll be there when the doors open on the 12th. I'll do what I can for images of this thing.

Pictures? Get some video man!! That's the real meat.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

Thanks!

#25 12 years ago

This is neat!

neat.gifneat.gif

#26 12 years ago

Looking towards seeing the game and of course meeting up with its makers.

Todd S.

#27 12 years ago

I might be in on this. This theme does way more for me than cartoon zombies in an amusement park, and that price sounds a hell of a lot nicer, too.

#28 12 years ago

Are there only 2 flippers?...and NO mini-playfields?....I'm HAPPY!

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

I am more excited about this game than any other.... Wow I cant wait to see it

We are really loving all of the excitement we're receiving from you guys. We really can't get this done quickly enough to show it off for you!

Quoted from Blakesell:

I'll be there when the doors open on the 12th. I'll do what I can for images of this thing.

Blake, email me at [email protected]. We can set up a time for you to come give the game a fully hands-on run with as many videos and pics as you can handle so you can relay them back to Pinside.

Quoted from GravitaR:

Looking towards seeing the game and of course meeting up with its makers.

Todd, you live like 8 minutes away from my house... I'll send you a message in a few days and you can just come over and play the prototype Predator and spank me on my Shadow again. A day of grillin' and pinball sounds like it may be in order, what say you?

Quoted from gambit3113:

that price sounds a hell of a lot nicer, too.

This is the magic of being a small, non-profit company. Not only does it keep the games more affordable, everything we get goes right back into the company itself as a direct investment towards the next game. Sounds like a system that works, to me.

Quoted from spfxted:

Are there only 2 flippers?...and NO mini-playfields?....I'm HAPPY!

We have to agree. While some extremely complex games out there are undeniably fun to play (Twilight Zone, Theatre of Magic, etc.), we tend to lean more towards a straight-forward design with deeper software to really bolster that replay value. The game has been designed with home users at the forefront of our minds, and we make no assumptions as to how many other games they have at home. In short, the game was designed to be accessible enough to allow someone enough excitement and fun from their first play to make an educated decision as to if they want to own one or not without having to explain intricate playfield mechanics, while still offering enough depth in the rulesets to retain that same level of fun and excitement at home for years on end, even if it's the only game in their collection.

#30 12 years ago

Can't wait to see it come together please keep us posted on the progress!!

#31 12 years ago

Sometimes less is more...

#32 12 years ago

Looking awesome, guys!

Please, please,please tell me there's a "Get to da choppuhhhhh!!!" in there somewhere....

Later,
EV

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Looking awesome, guys!
Please, please,please tell me there's a "Get to da choppuhhhhh!!!" in there somewhere....
Later,
EV

yes there is

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Looking awesome, guys!
Later,
EV

Watch the first video on their website. It's definitely used.

#35 12 years ago

Skit, will this game be at the NorthWest Champs in Seattle???

#36 12 years ago

Very interested in seeing the progress for this!

#37 12 years ago

#38 12 years ago

Consider hiring a decent "dots" artist.

The DMD animations end up looking cheap and cluttered if all you use are digitized clips from the movie.

#39 12 years ago

This is rad. Sorry, not a great comment, but it still looks rad!

#40 12 years ago

The level of radiosity is high!

#41 12 years ago

That playfield layout reminds me alot of Taxi.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#43 12 years ago

You gotta move Arnie's face off that start button!

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Good call

#45 12 years ago

I think it would also be prudent to not slather "Skit-B" all over the machine either.

Looks cool otherwise though. Really like the look of the backbox with the huge predator head.

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

exactly what i was thinking.

still the machine looks great.

#48 12 years ago

I like the idea of having to 'boop' ah nold's nose. That's what I'd do to him if I met him in real life.. Wouldn't anyone?

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Yes, though it may suck having to do it, i believe its a must.
Otherwise....LOVE IT!

#50 12 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Those are Photoshop mockups that didn't really account for the Governator's prestigious schnoz. The real cabinet will account for that. You may still freely boop the artwork, if you so choose.

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I think it would also be prudent to not slather "Skit-B" all over the machine either.

We like Skit-B, though! Anyways, we may end up removing the company logo from the front of the apron and maybe even the backglass, but in all honesty we really dig how it looks on the side. Time and criticism will be the judge of that, though.

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 31.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.