Post those rides.....

Started 2 years ago by robertmee in forum Off topicOff-topic bar.

Forum » Off topic » Off-topic bar » Topic

Post those rides.....

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by robertmee
  • 59 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from robertmee

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years ago
    #

Seems that alot of us appreciate nice classic cars....I've seen several sprinkled through various threads. So here's your opportunity to post your ride and brag a bit:

First up is my one prior owner, heavily modded 1986 Buick Grand National. Perfect inside and out, heavily modded to run 10.8 in the 1/4 mile and still very streetable.

2 years ago
    #

Next is my one owner low mileage 2003 Mercury Marauder Supercharged. 500HP to the wheels, a comfortable yet fast sleeper.

2 years ago
    #

There haven't been any "classic" cars made since the early 70's.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    2 years ago
    #

Both very nice rides!

I own and drive a 95 Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe, it's my daily driver. Not real pretty or fancy. But, it's well maintained and is a blast to drive.

2 years ago
    #
    PinWiz17 said:

Congrat on the cars but not to make anyone upset and all, this is still a pinball site... Right!?

I understand what you're saying and respect your opinion, but a little variety on this site is probably a good thing. Plus, pinball & sweet rides go together like peanut butter & chocolate.......mmm....chocolate.....

Robertmee - I used to own an '87 GNX. Still kicking myself for selling that car so many years ago. Also, if I would have held on to it, it would be worth soooo much more than what I let it go for.....doh!

2 years ago
    #

Are you ready......to go back?

Yes, it DOES have a flux capacitor :).

Only an owner would have the audacity to do THIS :

2 years ago
    #
    PinWiz17 said:

Congrat on the cars but not to make anyone upset and all, this is still a pinball site... Right!?

Hence why it was posted in the off topic forum

2 years ago
    #

I have a sweet factory 08 jeep liberty that needs its oil changed does that count? nice cars by the way

2 years ago
    #
    KrustyBurger said:

Goughs417 said:Congrat on the cars but not to make anyone upset and all, this is still a pinball site... Right!?
    I understand what you're saying and respect your opinion, but a little variety on this site is probably a good thing. Plus, pinball & sweet rides go together like peanut butter & chocolate.......mmm....chocolate.....
    Robertmee - I used to own an '87 GNX. Still kicking myself for selling that car so many years ago. Also, if I would have held on to it, it would be worth soooo much more than what I let it go for.....doh!

D'oh! is right.....I've seen three GNX's since I've been in the Turbo Buick Scene....One with 4 miles on it They peaked at around 80 to 90K but with the economy have dropped down to 50 to 60K. Still a sweet ride, only 507 of them made, and a historic car. You should be kicking yourself

2 years ago
    #
    GoneFishinLvMsg said:

There haven't been any "classic" cars made since the early 70's.

Or pinball machines either, but we can still appreciate them

2 years ago
    #

'65 Galaxie 500 XL 2dr. HT (for sale)
    '66 Galaxie 500 convert. (loaded, restored)
    '66 Galaxie 500 7 Litre HT (loaded, was restored, got wrecked)
    '66 Galaxie 500 7 Litre convert. w/4 speed (being slowly restored)

Did I say I liked Ford Galaxies? Sorry, no pics yet.

2 years ago
    #

I am on my 12th and 13th aircooled...

dmacy

Pinball master
    2,252,300 2
    2 years ago
    #

Nice rides Robert! Being a 5.0 guy at one time for many years, I can say I have full respect for these cars. My 93 GT was featured in two magazines and used for advertising in three magazines. I finally sold it and its in Kentucky now and picked up an 03 cobra which I had for 4 years. I sold it a little over a year ago and this is the first I've been without a mustang in 15 years. I loved mustangs but like pins better now!

2 years ago
    #

Love the Engine Bling! My G/F had a brand new 90 5.0 LX convertible back in the day, and that thing screamed. I tended to make fun of the stangs since I have a turbo Buick, but can't anymore with the MM (has the 03 cobra engine)

dmacy

Pinball master
    2,252,300 2
    2 years ago
    #

And the old beater 89 LX. I got 22 mpg on the highway with 4.10's and a AOD.

2 years ago
    #

Here's my little 64 Bug...it has a little surprise There's a mouse in this house

dmacy

Pinball master
    2,252,300 2
    2 years ago
    #
    robertmee said:

I tended to make fun of the stangs since I have a turbo Buick, but can't anymore with the MM (has the 03 cobra engine

I understand. They were fast for the time, but not compared to a GN or anything with power today.

2 years ago
    #

Wicked, that's......Wicked!! How'd you account for the weight distribution moving the engine to the front?!

2 years ago
    #
    PinWiz17 said:

You realize of course that this was posted in the "Off-Topic Bar" (subtitle says: In this forum you can talk about fun stuff that doesn't necessarily have to do with the silver ball)

So, ehem ... Chill.

2 years ago
    #
    dmacy said:

robertmee said:I tended to make fun of the stangs since I have a turbo Buick, but can't anymore with the MM (has the 03 cobra engine
    I understand. They were fast for the time, but not compared to a GN or anything with power today.

I wouldn't want to tangle with one of these: (2012 supersnake)

» YouTube video

2 years ago
    #
    robertmee said:

Wicked, that's......Wicked!! How'd you account for the weight distribution moving the engine to the front?!

the only part of it that is VW is the body...the car is on a 2X3 box frame with a mustangII front end and ladderbars and a 9 inch Ford rear. Motor is a 355 cubic inch small block Chevy...was kinda like building a little streetrod....actually rides and handles really well

2 years ago
    #

Nutty,

Is that two post lift in your garage? Been toying with the idea of getting one. Any recommendations or caveats?

2 years ago
    #

Not sure if this counts but ill show it anyway. I restored this original torpedo then converted it to a lamp.

dmacy

Pinball master
    2,252,300 2
    2 years ago
    #
    robertmee said:

Nutty,

Is that two post lift in your garage? Been toying with the idea of getting one. Any recommendations or caveats?

I have a 2 post (Bend Pak) and a 4 post (From Greg Smith) and still prefer the 2 post. I only wish I went another foot higher than the 12' I'm at for a little extra room. I've had everything and anything on there. The 2 post is good for 10k and the 4 post is 9k; both ANSI rated. http://www.garagejournal.com is a great place for research. My Bend Pak was when you could still get them made in the USA. The 4 post is made in China, but still very well made. Feel free to PM if you have questions but there's so many variables.

Either way, a lift is so much easier. My wife uses it regularly to change her own oil. She's not afraid to get dirty as she has a horse but was impressed when she said she wants to do the work on her cars. We've been married 13 years this June.

dmacy

Pinball master
    2,252,300 2
    2 years ago
    #
    robertmee said:

I wouldn't want to tangle with one of these: (2012 supersnake)

That or the 2013 Supersnake or regular 2013 GT500. 650hp; 200+ mph off the showroom is sick no matter what brand you prefer! The ZR1 vette is pretty badass as well.

2 years ago
    #

Truck is my primary 4 wheeled vehicle and pin hauler. The Riviera doesn't get driven as much now that she's all shiny. The chopper I built about 10 years ago. Kept bare metal for half of her life, now she's shiny too. Several more cars and bikes in the stable. All built or extensively modified by me.

2 years ago
    #

I screwed something up. Chopper pic isn't loading above. This is my chopper.

2 years ago
    #

Best liked

grand national, Riviera and most of all delorian with flux capacitor mod =-)

2 years ago
    #

nice

2 years ago
    #
    robertmee said:

Next is my one owner low mileage 2003 Mercury Marauder Supercharged. 500HP to the wheels, a comfortable yet fast sleeper.

Attachments 2011-07-22_13-40-05_105.jpg (253.9 KB, 0 downloads) 1 hour old 2011-05-06_14-22-18_27.jpg (234.8 KB, 0 downloads) 1 hour old

Oh my freaking gosh you have a marauder?!? I love those!,!,!, I remember waiting for the release of it!

2 years ago
    #
    northvibe said:

robertmee said:Next is my one owner low mileage 2003 Mercury Marauder Supercharged. 500HP to the wheels, a comfortable yet fast sleeper.
    Attachments 2011-07-22_13-40-05_105.jpg (253.9 KB, 0 downloads) 1 hour old 2011-05-06_14-22-18_27.jpg (234.8 KB, 0 downloads) 1 hour old
    Oh my freaking gosh you have a marauder?!? I love those!,!,!, I remember waiting for the release of it!

Cool! Not many know what they are...Most think either grandpa's Marquis or a cop auctioned crown vic

2 years ago
    #

You guy's have some nice rides! but the Delorean would look killer next the hover board I just ordered

I went to New Jersey back in 2003 to buy this 93 GMC Typhoon, got with 40k miles and have since done a built motor, wheels, big brakes etc....... it's ran a 12.80 at the track on pump gas, I'm scared to throw C16 in the tank and turn the boost up to the mid 20's and run a 11.xx
    I'm guessing I will keep it forever, a turbo and AWD is way too much fun.

Back in high school when I was getting my first taste of TAF I wanted a Typhoon soooo bad but they were waaay to much money!

2 years ago
    #

Sweet Typhoon....I love those...Having a Turbo six Buick GN, I appreciate the Syclones and Typhoons, but don't get to see them often.

2 years ago
    #

My fraternity brother used to drive a white Typhoon. I was so jealous! Back in its day, it was an insanely fast stock vehicle.

2 years ago
    #
    NewPinOwner said:

Yes, it DOES have a flux capacitor :).

That would make a sweet topper for my BTTF!

2 years ago
    #

Sold my last Vette last year..In 1986 I owned a 63 fuelie coupe z06. I don't have any digital photos of it though.

2 years ago
    #

The Sys and Tys are amazing vehicles. Having owned my fair share of S-Series pickups, I'm quite familiar with them, and on the odd occasion where I see one, it brings a smile to my face.

Unfortunately, if I were to own one of those, it'd have to be a 'hobby' vehicle for me, and I have enough expensive hobbies.

I've always wanted a 59 Cadillac 3-way hearse, and a classic Checker Taxi, too

2 years ago
    #

Ok.. I'm Going to play along too! this is my Toy.

2 years ago
    #
    robertmee said:

northvibe said:robertmee said:Next is my one owner low mileage 2003 Mercury Marauder Supercharged. 500HP to the wheels, a comfortable yet fast sleeper.
    Cool! Not many know what they are...Most think either grandpa's Marquis or a cop auctioned crown vic

I remember pulling around the last stretch of interstate to pull up to my first pinball expo, and seeing a Marauder with MN license plate 'PINBALL' - I told my wife 'That HAS to be Jason Rufer' - and she was like 'who the hell is that?'

She saw the license plate, had no idea what a marauder was, or who Jason is

2 years ago
    #

Here is my truck. Nothing fancy but has over 450 hp. This was after a trip couple weeks ago unloading our haul. Got over 13 pins and arcades. Had room for a few more but ran out of money. Snow is almost gone now.

Just sold a 71 Chevelle. Don't have any pics of 66 Cuda, 74 Stingray or 68 Firebird. Bird is project in work. Others need paint.

2 years ago
    #

Here is a pic of my 66 Chevelle.It has been in the family since 1971.Small block with a 4 speed

2 years ago
    #

Here you go Robert .

2 years ago
    #

1940 Chevy Pickup Hotrod
    1997 Viper GTS
    2007 Lotus Exige S (not classic, but in the pic)

2 years ago
    #
    zippydapinhead said:

NewPinOwner said:Yes, it DOES have a flux capacitor :).
    That would make a sweet topper for my BTTF!

It can be yours too for only around $300..... !

http://www.moviereplicasdirect.com/back-to-the-future-flux-capacitor-unlimited-edition/

Thank you guys for all the compliments regarding the DeLorean. To say the least, it totally and completely gathers the crowds at car shows. People go nuts when they see it. I bought it back in 2003 and restored it along with the help of my best friend, Casey, who currently has it parked next to his DeLorean down in the Monroeville, Alabama area. He did a complete tear-down of his DeLorean's engine and hot-rodded it completely - replaced every single component with forged steel components, installed an entire new shock and suspension system on the car, and gave it a true dual exhaust system. In other words, it is a "sleeper" DeLorean. He has an AMAZING knowledge base of all things hot-rod/classic/muscle car related. Without him, there is no way I could have kept my DeLorean - no way at all.

I'm about to get it brought up to Ohio via an enclosed-trailer. I don't want to drive from Alabama to Ohio again - man - that drive WITHOUT cruise-control (DeLorean doesn't have it) = UGH. I'll post an updated picture or two when it gets here late May/early June.

2 years ago
    #
    Malibu-SS said:

Here is a pic of my 66 Chevelle.It has been in the family since 1971.Small block with a 4 speed

Attachments f8346c01.jpg (25.6 KB, 0 downloads) 29 minutes old car0001.jpg (535.9 KB, 0 downloads) 29 minutes old

Absolutely beautiful, man. Well done, sir, well done!

2 years ago
    #
    pinballx said:

1940 Chevy Pickup Hotrod
    1997 Viper GTS
    2007 Lotus Exige S (not classic, but in the pic)

Attachments 1.jpg (138.2 KB, 0 downloads) 27 minutes old

You got any more pics of the truck?? I would love to do something like that - more leaning towards rat-rodish, but still, I respect your creation very much so!

I'm thinking 1930's Ford Coupe for a start and then take it down the rat-rod road.

2 years ago
    #

Nice rides guys

2 years ago
    #
    robertmee said:

Sweet Typhoon....I love those...Having a Turbo six Buick GN, I appreciate the Syclones and Typhoons, but don't get to see them often.

Thank you! I feel the same way about GN's.

gweempose said:

My fraternity brother used to drive a white Typhoon. I was so jealous! Back in its day, it was an insanely fast stock vehicle.

That's pretty cool, I would have been too! When I got it bone stock it was crazy fast and I never lost a race now that it's got a built motor and bigger turbo it is nuts launching from a dead stop at 15psi with AWD to slingshot you out of the hole

johnwartjr said:

The Sys and Tys are amazing vehicles. Having owned my fair share of S-Series pickups, I'm quite familiar with them, and on the odd occasion where I see one, it brings a smile to my face.
    Unfortunately, if I were to own one of those, it'd have to be a 'hobby' vehicle for me, and I have enough expensive hobbies.
    I've always wanted a 59 Cadillac 3-way hearse, and a classic Checker Taxi, too

Thanks, I have always thought so too
    I know the feeling, I still smile when I see mine.
    I hardly drive mine and only in the summer. I've put less than 20k miles on it since 2003 and 2800 miles were on one trip to Kansa City for the 2006 SyTy Nationals

2 years ago
    #

Nice rides guys! I'm a truck guy myself. The orange one hauls pins on occaision.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple