(Topic ID: 81586)

Poll: How many dropped out of the MMR preorder?

By gprotein

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 152 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by teekee
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many people canceled their MMR preorder spot”

• Jumped the ship 130 votes
      45%
    • I'm staying on course with it 115 votes
      40%
    • I'm still in but waiting to see/hear more from PPS 45 votes
      16%

(290 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Yawn03.gif
    buyorgoaway-120.png
    th-4.jpeg
    denise milani.jpg
    like it a lot.jpg
    th-3-995.jpeg
    image-398.jpg
    dead-horse.gif
    There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 10 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Definitely didn't care for the way the perceived 'cash grab' was handled with the LE versions (which looked great) and then hours later the same priced standards.

If you recall how this went down at Expo. Sold out fast. Even Rick thought it would take 2 or 3 months.

No matter how anyone perceives how it was handled. No one could have been prepared for what happened. And at the time did what they thought best.

Probably why now the LE's are getting perks.

LTG : )™

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

IMO PPS is a new entity to selling an entire pin system, not P-Roc either, and he is the highest price of any new pin.

Magic Girl $15K is highest, so far.

LTG : )

#103 10 years ago

I almost hyped myself into a pre-order for an LE but luckily by the time I woke up in the southern hemisphere they were all gone, I would have subsequently bailed anyway after cooling off because of some/all of the following:

1) I think 8K USD is still a lot of money and haven't made that leap-of-coin yet.
    2) After following the WoZ/Stern LE story's I would never do a pre-order "gamble" especially not being outside of the USA.
    3) While I think the LE extras are starting to be an incentive to go LE I think that they are increasing dis-incentives to buy a standard MMr for the same cost, if I couldn't get an MMrLE then I wouldn't bother with a standard unless it is much cheaper.
    4) After playing a WoZ I think 8K USD would be better spent there, this is what I am currently thinking of doing IF I spend that sort of coin on a NIB pin (see point one above).

BTW - Just to be CLEAR I haven't and will not vote in this poll.

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I reluctantly bailed. I still really want an MM, and I don't think $8K is an unreasonable price for a NIB one. The more I thought about it, however, the more I realized that there was very little upside to being in early. After seeing all the growing pains that WOZ is going through, I decided it would simply be prudent to watch the MMr saga unfold from the sidelines. Assuming the project is a success, there will be plenty of HUO games available down the road. If the project is a failure, then getting out will ultimately turn out to be the right call.
    I truly hope MMr is a smashing success for PPS. I think what they are doing is great for the hobby, and I applaud them for taking on such an ambitious project. Hopefully, the games will all be bug free, and everyone that stayed in will be thrilled with their purchase.

Great post thanks for your input.

#105 10 years ago

Rick was nice enough to take some time, and talk with me at Expo a few years back.

Ever since then,
    after listening to him, and hearing about his background, I have full faith in what he is doing, and who he has selected to be a part of the team.

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I decided it would simply be prudent to watch the MMr saga unfold from the sidelines.

It would be prudent.
    th-4.jpegth-4.jpeg

#107 10 years ago

Spoiler alert: They won't be

Well all know that there are way too many new things in this pin, there are going to be bugs. I'm not worried about the hardware, even the new driver boards and CPU boards etc, it's a new system but it's not exactly rocket science. These guys have been doing play field parts for a long time as well.

As far as the software, that's what the USB port on the board is for.

Quoted from gweempose:

Hopefully, the games will all be bug free, and everyone that stayed in will be thrilled with their purchase.

#108 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I find the irony of this kind of sentiment pretty comical.
    One of the prime attractions of the remake was breaking the stranglehold on MM prices because of its relative scarcity. Pretty funny that some folks want to pack up their toys and go home when their REMAKE isn't going to be as exclusive as they had hoped.
    MMr is a perfect opportunity for those that want an affordable MM to PLAY. Anything past that misses the whole point.

You miss my point. I dropped out after I found out that more than 1000 are going to be made, meaning I can get one much easier than if there was only 1000. So that freed up my money to get my PERFECT LOTR.

Has nothing to do with me wanting it to be so exclusive. It's that I thought if I didn't jump on it when I could then I wouldn't be able to get one at all.

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

My problem is that I can't get into it
    Unless I get out of it
    An' I gotta get out of it
    Before I get into it
    'Cause I never get into it
    Unless I get out of it
    An' I gotta be out of it
    To get myself into it

Frank Zappa is my hero , and I already have MM

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Found original great price and obviously canceles preorder

Hmmm, wonder why you suddenly found a MM at a reasonable price

#112 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

like this?

denise milani.jpg 148 KB

Yes, exactly.

Although I more accustomed to the view from the backside.

#113 10 years ago

you have to admit, that is a great front tho.

#114 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

No, because so-called "apologists/pumpers" or whatever you want to call us are being truthful when we say we're still in, as opposed to trolls who were never in in the first place.

Exactly. For people who preordered and have "stayed in" to pump this survey, they would have to post that they have since ordered a second (or third) MMr. I'm actually embarassed that I canceled due to tight finances. I have always stood by my word in all pinball dealings and purchases in the past and I did not preorder intending to ever drop out.

#115 10 years ago

Tally so far: 50% are out vs. 50% are still in.

#116 10 years ago

I bailed for 2 reasons, i have an original mm that will never leave, and i took the $ and got MB. I figured let someone else get one that really wants it and what the hell am i gonna do with another mm.

#117 10 years ago

It's kinda like buying a remade 67 Mustang for more $ than a 2015 Mustang. It takes a certain person to appreciate what's old school & not as up to date.

#118 10 years ago

Should I do a poll on the options in a poll before doing a poll otherwise I will get negative comments that I should have done that before doing a simple poll?

#119 10 years ago
    Quoted from tdunbar:

Should I do a poll on the options in a poll before doing a poll otherwise I will get negative comments that I should have done that before doing a simple poll?

As long as you indclude the option in your poll to not have a poll, should be fine.

#120 10 years ago
    Quoted from gprotein:

not that the poll reflects reality, of course.

#121 10 years ago

I was going to say. If the OP wanted to start a discussion about dropping out, so be it. But to think you're getting any kind of accurate data from this thread is insane.

Quoted from pezpunk:

not that the poll reflects reality, of course.

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from gprotein:

obviously not a statistics major ... we have all these distributors asking for more LE's as well as customers everyday asking for the games and very very few dropping out. Again gprotein is consumed on this topic so I have no idea why, but just for those who follow these polls, they do not reflect reality ...

#123 10 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

obviously not a statistics major ... we have all these distributors asking for more LE's as well as customers everyday asking for the games and very very few dropping out. Again gprotein is consumed on this topic so I have no idea why, but just for those who follow these polls, they do not reflect reality ...

I Hope you sell thousands of them!

There is a truth to the poll that some people drop out for whatever reason, this does not mean the pin is not good, but that there are sometimes money reasons, space concern, or other pins get in the the way.

#124 10 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I Hope you sell thousands of them!

SOLD OUT!

#125 10 years ago

Not the regular editions, I really do hope they build thousands of them like Acdc premium. I know you don't hope for them to succeed but I think most pinball enthusiasts hope for thousands of MMR to be made.

#126 10 years ago

Time to take your own advice...

"The guy posted a pin for sale for his price... buy it or go away" -teekee

buyorgoaway-120.pngbuyorgoaway-120.png
    #127 10 years ago
    Quoted from miggitymac:

Time to take your own advice...
    "The guy posted a pin for sale for his price... buy it or go away" -teekee

Didn't know this was a FS thread??? Seems like a poll to me...

#128 10 years ago

MMRLE is not sold out down under.....

#129 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

MMRLE is not sold out down under.....

down under, up over, around the corner... not sold out anywhere.

#130 10 years ago

Rick said lots want on waiting list, teekee says not sold out, I don't know who to believe, but I also believe that a lot of people have asked for their deposits back.

#131 10 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Rick said lots want on waiting list, teekee says not sold out, I don't know who to believe.

It is a fact that there are a lot of people on the PPS MMrLE waiting list, but a couple of the distributors still may have LE allocations available. This would make Rick absolutely correct and teekee correct on a technicality. Keep in mind that posts by teekee on MMrLE threads are usually disruptive and not helpful.

#132 10 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

obviously not a statistics major ...

Quoted from PPS:

gprotein is consumed on this topic so I have no idea why, but just for those who follow these polls, they do not reflect reality ...

Stop with the insults. I am very happy you are doing what you are doing in pinball. Hell, I have spent almost $2,000 in parts at BAA/PPS in the last month; but those kinds of posts are very unbecoming.

If MMr is doing so well, what do you care?

#133 10 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

It is a fact that there are a lot of people on the PPS MMrLE waiting list, but a couple of the distributors still may have LE allocations available.

Lol, it is a fact there is a long waiting list yet distributors have them available??? makes perfect sense.

#134 10 years ago

I'm IN for MMR LE and believe that Rick and PPS can pull it off. I have zero worries with my preorder and I'm looking forward to unboxing my brand-new MMR and playing the heck out of it.
    I'm also hoping that CC or MB will be the followup machine!!! I will buy for either one of those titles for sure as well.

#135 10 years ago

Any time I hear, "waiting list" =

It wasn't hard to find a wozle, even though there was a "waiting list".

I could find a mmr position today, if I wanted one.

#136 10 years ago

Wasn't Avengers "Hulk" sold out almost immediately? And now look at how easy they are to find... Sold out to distributors vs. sold out to customer's are two different things.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huls-is-sold-out

#137 10 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

There is a long waiting list yet distributors have them available?

You continue to prove my statement that posts by teekee on MMrLE threads are disruptive and not helpful.
    I said PPS has a long waiting list and they do. All machines sold to customers by PPS are taken (those that ordered from PPS and since backed out have been replaced by other customers from the PPS waiting list). Distributors may have available allocations because customers that ordered through them have since backed out, but the distributors kept the allocations in order to re-sell them instead of turning them back in to PPS. And yes, it does make perfect sense.

Quoted from pinstor12:

I could find a MMr position today if I wanted one.

I think you could, if you called around and found one of the distributors I described above

#138 10 years ago

Who really cares if they are 'sold out'? Why so much concern over what is a running joke within the community? Almost every new pin 'sells out' within a month of announcing. Does it mean you can't get one? No just that distributors bought them all and if you want one you need to go through them. This whole a machine is only desirable if it is sold out routine is getting stale quick.

Here's an idea if you want one and can afford it then contact distributors and try and buy one. If you don't want one or can't afford it don't. It's pretty simple really all this arguing over whether a machine is sold out or not is silly. Especially when considering the recent tactics used by various manufacturers/distributors to drum up hype and increase sales. Okay rant over sorry.

#140 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Who really cares if they are 'sold out'? Why so much concern over what is a running joke within the community? Almost every new pin 'sells out' within a month of announcing. Does it mean you can't get one? No just that distributors bought them all and if you want one you need to go through them. This whole a machine is only desirable if it is sold out routine is getting stale quick.
    Here's an idea if you want one and can afford it then contact distributors and try and buy one. If you don't want one or can't afford it don't. It's pretty simple really all this arguing over whether a machine is sold out or not is silly. Especially when considering the recent tactics used by various manufacturers/distributors to drum up hype and increase sales. Okay rant over sorry.

THANK YOU!!! Sheesh its really that simple...

#141 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Whoa, slow down. You're making waaaay too much sense.

#142 10 years ago

I hope they will do thousands too, i really do. But i hope too they will try to get some other classic pins out for a lower, pro like price.

But that wont happen i think.

Still hope it will be a mayor succes.

I wonder, when manufacturing is on full capacity? How many pins a day will be build?

#143 10 years ago

I know you get a lot of grief, some deserved, especially on MMR, but that was funny!

Thumbs up from me ...

#144 10 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I know you get a lot of grief, some deserved, especially on MMR, but that was funny!
    Thumbs up from me ...

Hey, thanks for finding the humor here… some really struggle with that!

#145 10 years ago

I can sell as many MMRLE that I can get, I only got allocated a limited number.

If people want to cancel, there are people waiting, So if you don't really want or need the game, feel free to give it to me.

I will find a home for your Unwanted Game

I am sure there are many who bought a game who already have an original MM

Let someone who doesn't have one enjoy the game

1 week later
    #146 10 years ago

Don't worry Wayne I am still buying the MMRLE from you. Well that is if you are still nice lol

#147 10 years ago
    Quoted from WIKED:

Don't worry Wayne I am still buying the MMRLE from you. Well that is if you are still nice lol

I cancelled.. DONT TRUST IT esp After the WOZ dilemma………………………..

Apparently they have gone up an extra K ! LoooooooL

#149 10 years ago

Why???? They're two different companies. That's like not buying a Ford because Chevy had a delay on releasing a new model. Stop all this JJP PPS comparison sh*t. Rick has given no reason not to believe him. He's delivered on everything he's said he would. Going to bring protos to many of the up coming shows. What else can he do for you naysayers?!!!

#150 10 years ago

Right now just Texas, but I hope you're right.

Quoted from TaTa:

Going to bring protos to many of the up coming shows.

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-how-many-dropped-out-of-the-mmr-preorder/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.