Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Blakesell
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a9cdc38873e9c73f4e582643b20afdae.jpg
    pr4.jpg
    pr3.jpg
    pr2.jpg
    pr1.jpg
    There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I thought about that, but this will only make ratings more attractive to abuse.

I guess my question would be: how would it be any easier to abuse than the last system? Also, maybe I don't understand Karma...but is there a benefit to abusing the system? If I went hog-wild and thumbs-up'd all of somebody's posts, would there be any benefit for them?

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I think it is fine as is Robin. The scoring on the old system was a bit excessive in my opinion. This seems just right.

Possibly true...but at one measly point a piece, I think people may be less likely to use the system. ("Gee...why should I even bother, it's only one point!")

Pete

#102 11 years ago

One point can make all the difference in tournament pinball scoring, take it from me!

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-post-ratings-and-tilt-system-version-two/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.