Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 290 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 days ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.png
    image.jpg
    IMG_0298.PNG
    IMG_0294.PNG
    IMG_0293-76.PNG
    IMG_0295.PNG
    There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 10 years ago

I'd say give the guy who wrote this app a chance to make the port to Andriod first before copying it. Maybe it is already in the works?

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

No Kool Aid here. By the way, Google boy, gotta love them losing 9.5 billion on Motorola Mobility. It literally would have taken them longer to flush 9.5 billion down a toilet then how fast they blew it on that transaction. Stupid Google.

Couldn't disagree more.
    I'm not up to date on the transaction; but I'm guessing they bought Moto for the patents and cell phone expertise.
    Not a stupid move at all when you remember that they IPOed at 100 and now at 1100/share.

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

He will not port it to Android himself but is willing to pass on the source code to anyone who wants to port it to other systems.

Quoted from ChadH:

I'd say give the guy who wrote this app a chance to make the port to Andriod first before copying it. Maybe it is already in the works?

In this thread he mentions he has no intentions of doing the port, and that he could actually give the code to whoever wants to do it.

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jormungardian:

Cool I don't want to hijack this thread so once I start developing it I'll open another development thread. I'm hoping to have a first version by the end of this weekend.
    And btw nice job on that PinGuy app! I saw the video and looks really neat. I don't have an iOS device to try it out but from what I see on the youtube video it's pretty cool!.

If you do...post a quick update here with a link to your thread so people (like me) won't miss it.

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jormungardian:

In this thread he mentions he has no intentions of doing the port, and that he could actually give the code to whoever wants to do it.

Ah, OK. I missed that. Go for it then.

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

My focus is on developing this app on iOS. There are still some ideas to make it sexy and easier to use.
    I don't have any experience on android. For me it's ok to become a similar tool for this system too.

Frank

#107 10 years ago

i would try out on my android

#108 10 years ago

Thanks for making this Frank! I've been using it and really like it.

#109 10 years ago

I just used it for the first time tonight. Love it. Can't wait till the "store multiple machines" option is worked out!

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

I just used it for the first time tonight. Love it. Can't wait till the "store multiple machines" option is worked out!

Hi Pasfasa,
    have you taken the last update?

Switch to glass and put in the field "Pin#" a number between 1-300.
    At the top you can insert the name of this machine.

The next version will come with a user friedly GUI.

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gnassel:

Hi Pasfasa,
    have you taken the last update?
    Switch to glass and put in the field "Pin#" a number between 1-300.
    At the top you can insert the name of this machine.
    The next version will come with a user friedly GUI.

Cool! I just didn't make it that far! I only leveled it on the playfield. Thanks for the super app! Best way to level a pin! PERIOD!

#112 10 years ago

I want this on Android. I have an old iPod touch, but the iOS is too old to support this app. I have an iPad too, but that is too big to fit in the middle of all playfields.

Someone porting this to Android with the same quality as this original app would be stellar.

#113 10 years ago

I would also love to have this on Android.

#114 10 years ago

Me three.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#115 10 years ago

i downloaded this and used it last night after moving my pins around to new locations in my basement! worked like a charm!

one slight weirdness i noticed --- when switching from "glass" and "playfield" mode, i would expect only the front/back angle to change, but the left/right also changed. the left/right indicator had a repeatable .2 degree difference on "playfield" mode compared to "glass" mode. without moving the iPad at all, i could switch between the two modes and one would register perfect left-right balance every time and the other would say it was off by .2 every time. i would have expected them to be the same, in regards to left-right. am i missing something?

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i would have expected them to be the same, in regards to left-right. am i missing something?

Hi,

after you moved your pine... did you calibrate the app again?

#119 10 years ago

do the "on glass" and "on field" measurements have separate calibrations? the problem was the left/right measurement would change when all i was doing was switching the app from "on field" to "on glass" mode, without moving the iPad or the pinball machine. the left/right would go from 0.1 to 0.4 or so just by switching the mode.

maybe it was just a product of different math due to the different front/back angle.

great app though, thanks!!

#120 10 years ago

Thank you for your big interest in this program. Until today over 660 downloads were counted. I will continue to work on this tool and it also remains a future free and ad-free.

Today I have made ​​the database for the pinball prettier. Now, more than 300 units may be included. The selection is made via a UITableView and is much more intuitive.
    Unfortunately, with the update of the old data would be lost. All learnings have to be repeated.

I have 3 devices and for me that is no problem. Would that be a problem for you?

Furthermore, I would like to improve the voice prompt. thx jalpert. It should come like:
    Left, point four too high
    rear, four two too low

Is that OK?

here are some picture from the upcoming version
    regards
    frank

IMG_0295.PNGIMG_0295.PNG IMG_0293-76.PNGIMG_0293-76.PNG IMG_0294.PNGIMG_0294.PNG
    #121 10 years ago

Yes. Let us know how far off we are. Once everything gets within .1/.2, that's as accurate as the device is anyway.

Knowing exactly how far off we are would be excellent since we probably will never be "perfect" anyway.

The app saying .4 too high or left .1 too low etc would be great.

Quoted from Gnassel:

Furthermore, I would like to improve the voice prompt. thx jalpert. It should come like:
    Left, point four too high
    rear, four two too low

Is that OK?

#122 10 years ago

those improvements sound great!

#123 10 years ago

This is a really amazing and useful app. Thanks to whomever is developing it, I used it to level all my games a couple of weeks ago and it worked great!

#124 10 years ago

I tried this app out last night on an iPad. Pretty cool, and it worked OK. But honestly, I find it much easier, and more accurate, to just pull out my little bubble level. Sure, my bubble level doesn't talk to me (at least not directly)... but this is one case where good ol' low-tech is the winner for me.

#125 10 years ago

mattos - fat/old people hate contant bend/stretching to get to the rear legs then to check the bubble level.
    I for one applaud the OP for the work he's done even tho I can't use it due to the iOS 5.0 requirement.
    I plan to upgrade to Android soon; so out again.

#126 10 years ago

Android leveling app being developed by Pinsider right now.

This should be pretty cool as well to the rest of us who want an alternative to what everyone else has.

#127 10 years ago

I will likely not use my old bubble level again for the simple fact that I don't have to keep crawling under my machine to move a leg leveler and then crawl back out and check the level or rely on someone else being there to tell me what they see on the level. This app rules! Thank you again, person who made this!

#128 10 years ago

Sorry if this has already been brought up but couldn't there be a standard list with angle differences for each machine? For a made up example, if my BSD is 6.5 on the PF and 5 on the glass then everyone's BSD is, right? Then you could just pick your machine from a built in list, tell it you want 6.5 on the PF and then level from there without ever touching the PF.

I know that would take a lot of data gathering (or maybe not too bad if certain maker/eras used the same angle) but would be a cool addition (to an already cool app).

#129 10 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

Sorry if this has already been brought up but couldn't there be a standard list with angle differences for each machine? For a made up example, if my BSD is 6.5 on the PF and 5 on the glass then everyone's BSD is, right? Then you could just pick your machine from a built in list, tell it you want 6.5 on the PF and then level from there without ever touching the PF.
    I know that would take a lot of data gathering (or maybe not too bad if certain maker/eras used the same angle) but would be a cool addition (to an already cool app).

I don't thins so. Manufacturing differences from machine to machine would make this method impossible...

#130 10 years ago

Looks pretty great! I have just been using iLevel….this one seems more tailored to pins. I really like the stored feature of individual games.
    Thanks for all of the hard work.

#131 10 years ago

What an amazing app !! Thanks !!!

#132 10 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

Sorry if this has already been brought up but couldn't there be a standard list with angle differences for each machine?

Today I sent an updated version to Apple. If all goes well, it takes 4 days for a review. Attention: Unfortunately, if you update to this version, it will kill the old database. This will only happens in this version.

In table list view, you can now see the learned angle for each pinball.
    Unfortunately I only have 3 machines here. 2 Bally and Williams 1. Therefore, I can not tell you how big the difference is. Maybe later we can collect screenshots to implement a database for each System:
    Stern, Bally, Williams, Data East etc.

Hope you like it
    Frank

IMG_0298.PNGIMG_0298.PNG
    1 week later
    #133 10 years ago

I was just trying to use it and couldn't get it to calibrate. The "Calibrate" button seemed grayed-out. I deleted the app and re-downloaded it. When I launched it, the "Calibrate" button text looked black, but after a second it went gray again.

Am I doing something wrong? I think it worked once, but I was just fooling around - I didn't have it on a level surface. I think it would be very good to have the ability to (re)calibrate!

Cheers,
    Fred

#134 10 years ago
    Quoted from yonkiman:

The "Calibrate" button seemed grayed-out.
    Fred

Hi Fred,
    You can calibrate, when you switch to playfield. I wanted to hide the button complete on Glass Mode but this is not possible.

I hope this works for you

1 week later
    #135 10 years ago

Hey friends,

just want to know, if you are happy with the latest version or if you have further ideas?

frank

#136 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gnassel:

Hey friends,
    just want to know, if you are happy with the latest version or if you have further ideas?
    frank

Hi Frank,

I just installed this yesterday and leveled a game with it this morning. Stellar tool. Very useful

For usability sake, a small pop-up that explains

"First: put the iphone on them playfield and get it level, then 2. Put the glass back on and tap 'learn glass'" would help a lot. I'm also not sure what to do when I've accidentally tapped learn glass and my machine is not level. "Unlearn glass" perhaps? Also when I first launch it might start in play field, not glass mode...

Regardless, it's great. Having it tell me what to do while I was under the machine was super helpful. The first play test seemed spot on.

If you post a paypal link I'll send you $0.99

Thanks!!

#137 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

If you post a paypal link I'll send you $0.99

As will I!

#138 10 years ago

For a next version i try to add a short tutorial on 1st startup.

I do not want a donation for this. It will be free. I we met us in future, you pay the first Coke.

It will be great if you left some stars on app store.

Frank

2 weeks later
    #139 10 years ago

Last days I spent some time in "trying" to port pinguy to android. I use android studio and till this year i had no experience in programming for android. Please be patient if it takes a bit.

But the results today looks promising.
    What works:
    Sensor
    Graphics
    Setpoint
    Voice guide
    Learn glass

To do:
    Store settings
    Database for more machines like the iphone version
    Check on different devices, different screen sizes

Stay tuned.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #140 10 years ago

Amazing!

Still no android?

#141 10 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

Amazing!
    Still no android?

???
    I'm working on a android version. The picture shows an android device

#142 10 years ago

Awesome app, and very cool of you to spend all this time and effort for a free app to help the pin scene. You could easily have charged a buck or 2, but you decided to make it free.
    You deserve a lot of thanks!

Chaos

#143 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gnassel:

???
    I'm working on a android version. The picture shows an android device

Can't find it on google play?
    hmmm.....

#144 10 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

Can't find it on google play?
    hmmm.....

you quoted it...he's still working on it

@ Gnassel: Thx for this great app!!!

#145 10 years ago

Didn't read the whole topic. Sorry Gnassel.
    I will download for sure when it's available.

Great job!

#146 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gnassel:

Check on different devices, different screen sizes

LMK when your ready to alpha test.... I have a very rare Lenovo K900 that I could test with.
    It has a 5.5inch screen and an X86 (ATOM (tm)) processor; so it's definitely a good test vehicle.

#147 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

You know what we REALLY need? A pinball leveling app that works with the iPhone on it's back. Then, every 5 seconds (or set interval) it says the degree pitch. That way, you don't have to get up and down 5 times to know if your machine is level.

That app is called clinometer has a yellow and blue icon - been using it for years for this

#148 10 years ago

Awesome app used this on my games. Very easy to use dead nuts.

#149 10 years ago

I can't use this app as I have a flip phone (Don't laugh) it makes calls.

My questions are

1. On average how much is the glass off angle from the Playfield when the playfield is level?
    I would assume quite a bit.

2. Is the phone too small for an accurate reading across the large playfield surface? In other words if there is bowing or an unevenness or a twist ?

3 are Measurements taken both between the flippers and at the rear of the playfield with the app?

The idea of leveling the playfield then the glass and correcting for the difference is really cool and a great idea with the app. Even still I would level by the playfield alone.

Someone I know uses the top of the back box to level a machine! LOL

#150 10 years ago

Awesome app! Thanks so much for making it available for free!

There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinguy-pinball-machine-leveling-app/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.