Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 290 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.png
    image.jpg
    IMG_0298.PNG
    IMG_0294.PNG
    IMG_0293-76.PNG
    IMG_0295.PNG
    There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 10 years ago

Not sure if this was mentioned by anyone else before: Just wanted to let you know that a fellow pinhead from Germany published a pinball machine leveling tool in the iOS Appstore. Nice little app that helps with leveling pinball machines even ON GLASS.

Thanks to Frank for programming it and especially for letting us have this for free!

#2 10 years ago

I have not tested it yet... but here is the link...
    https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pinguy/id782973821

Thanks!

#3 10 years ago

Great effort, should help a lot of pinheads out

#4 10 years ago

What chance an android version?

#5 10 years ago

Well, i'm not really involved with this directly but since the autor of the app is not on Pinside i can just pass on what is posted in the German forum: He will not port it to Android himself but is willing to pass on the source code to anyone who wants to port it to other systems.

#6 10 years ago

Great Tool )

#7 10 years ago

You know what we REALLY need? A pinball leveling app that works with the iPhone on it's back. Then, every 5 seconds (or set interval) it says the degree pitch. That way, you don't have to get up and down 5 times to know if your machine is level.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

You know what we REALLY need? A pinball leveling app that works with the iPhone on it's back. Then, every 5 seconds (or set interval) it says the degree pitch. That way, you don't have to get up and down 5 times to know if you're machine is level.

Awesome idea!!! I agree 100%, integrating a voice that can say numbers and the word degrees, shouldn't be all that difficult. Wish I was an iOS Dev so I could help them out. Really cool app idea though, I'm downloading it now...

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

You know what we REALLY need? A pinball leveling app that works with the iPhone on it's back. Then, every 5 seconds (or set interval) it says the degree pitch. That way, you don't have to get up and down 5 times to know if your machine is level.

I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't have to be voice. Could just be a tone or beeping or something.

#10 10 years ago

He said, this is the first Version.....

#11 10 years ago

Great ap (just downloaded it)! Thanks for mentioning this! Great voice suggestions too.

Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#12 10 years ago

There are "virtual" leveling tools downloadable with a speech option.

But... i am not sure if this works in this case, since not only one angle is measured, so the announcements can be very confusing.

Hey - it is a free app, especially made for our purposes, that's great ... and this is good reason to get someone in your gameroom... in my case I will use the speech option of one of my daughters

#13 10 years ago

Hello, I'm Frank, the author of Pinguy.
    The program is my first app I've put in the store. Unfortunately, I have not so much experience in proffessional programming. But the tool is not so complicated.
    The idea of ​​the voice acting is great. I try to implement this. Either with commands such as: higher at the back, left or down with telling the degree for both axis.

Next Version:
    There will also be an indication of the degree of x and y axis on the screen.

Later, I would also install a database in order to teach more than one Pinball on glass.
    but please give me some time.

regards
    Frank

#14 10 years ago

Awesome app! Thank you and keep up the great work!

#15 10 years ago

I'm a retard I'm struggling to level my machines even with the app... Help! When the green in outside the blue line on the right at the front what do i do?

#16 10 years ago

Just make sure when you do this, you design it so the iPhone is on it's back. With lifting the the game etc, the iPhone will fall over if it's on it's side.

Looking forward to it!

Quoted from Gnassel:

The idea of ​​the voice acting is great. I try to implement this. Either with commands such as: higher at the back, left or down with telling the degree for both axis.

#17 10 years ago

Here's his video:

And some instructions are on his website:
    http://www.iweis.de/

#18 10 years ago

looks cool. I am going to give this a try. Thanks for a freebie.

#19 10 years ago

Nicce vid, looks to easy

#20 10 years ago

Very cool thanks!!

#21 10 years ago

Legendary stuff. I was just trying to level a couple, even spent $70 on a digital leveler, now not needed. Great app. Thanks again.

#22 10 years ago

Frank

Thank you for the great app !

See you in the german forums

#23 10 years ago

Thank you for this amazing app! My pins are leveled entirely better. You have made my pins 300% more accurate and 10 times more fun to play. My scores that were too high have been resolved and scores that were too low have been resolved.

#24 10 years ago

Truly! Great app, great add to the community.

#25 10 years ago

Good idea, I like the idea of the glass leveling..

#26 10 years ago

Good news friends,

today I put a little update to apple for review.

With following new functions:

- Actual angle for x and y- axis will be shown
    - Two point calibration for better accuracy
    - Voice guide to tell you where we are when you´re under your pinball
    - new icon
    - Info button to jump to my homepage to get more informations

I hope It will be turn to store next days

regards
    Frank

#27 10 years ago

Freakin' awesome!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 10 years ago

That is very, VERY cool.

Quoted from Gnassel:

- Voice guide to tell you where we are when you´re under your pinball

#30 10 years ago

So the first step is "1. Just calibrate your iPhone the first time on a perfect 0° ground as Zero".

Does anyone have any tips for doing this? Just get an old-fashioned bubble level out and look for a flat surface somewhere in my house? (There's got to be one somewhere.)

#31 10 years ago

This is amazing...going to d/l and try it out today.

#32 10 years ago

The button 'Learn glas' or 'Learn on glas' - is that for leveling a machine with the glass on?

I have a few friends who try to level out machines in bars, where we have no access to the lockdown bar or playfield.

If so, that's pretty cool.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from jpolfer:

The button 'Learn glas' or 'Learn on glas' - is that for leveling a machine with the glass on?
    I have a few friends who try to level out machines in bars, where we have no access to the lockdown bar or playfield.
    If so, that's pretty cool.

Yes but in order to calibrate that, you first need to level the machine with the glass off.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Solder_Splash:

Yes but in order to calibrate that, you first need to level the machine with the glass off.

In theory you could build a database of machines where you list the game title, level it to a perfect 6.5°, and then check the glass level and record it. Then anyone would be able to walk up to that game and level it off the glass. Might not be *perfect* every time, but should be damn close, and more than good enough to fix on location games and the like.

I wonder if all modern Sterns say, have the same relationship between playfield and glass, or if it varies from title to title.

#35 10 years ago

Would this work the same on an iPad? Any Droid version?

Looks great, thank you for developing it!

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

In theory you could build a database of machines where you list the game title, level it to a perfect 6.5°, and then check the glass level and record it. Then anyone would be able to walk up to that game and level it off the glass. Might not be *perfect* every time, but should be damn close, and more than good enough to fix on location games and the like.
    I wonder if all modern Sterns say, have the same relationship between playfield and glass, or if it varies from title to title.

When reading the description (I don't have iOS so didn't download) this is the way I imagined it had already been set up. So good idea!

#37 10 years ago

How much is this app?

-Rev

#38 10 years ago

yes a great idea....should have been done long ago...so thks.
    And its free!

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from revmex:

How much is this app?
    -Rev

free!

#40 10 years ago

Downloaded. Thank you for your effort.

#41 10 years ago

I tried this app a few days ago. It didn't work well for me. I ended up just using a small level.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from domijr:

I tried this app a few days ago. It didn't work well for me. I ended up just using a small level.

You know, some details might be helpful. I doubt the author can investigate or fix "it didn't work well for me".

#43 10 years ago

This is really awesome!

I haven't used an iPhone in awhile though, thinking about getting one just for this!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

You know, some details might be helpful. I doubt the author can investigate or fix "it didn't work well for me".

Just didn't seem level when i had all the green bars where they should be. And each time i would grab the phone and turn it 90 degrees to take another reading, it would be off. And yes, i calibrated it with a level that is properly calibrated. Was much easier to just use a regular level.

This app seems like a great idea though, but i don't believe it's accurate. Maybe it's my Iphone 4s, i dunno.

#45 10 years ago

Yup. That. I don't think the new version is out yet, but looking forward to it.

Quoted from yonkiman:

So the first step is "1. Just calibrate your iPhone the first time on a perfect 0° ground as Zero".

Does anyone have any tips for doing this? Just get an old-fashioned bubble level out and look for a flat surface somewhere in my house? (There's got to be one somewhere.)

#46 10 years ago

Installing now!

#47 10 years ago

Tried to install it, but it requires ios6.1 or later. Any chance it can be shifted to support 6.0 or later? I have no desire to update to ios 7 (and I can't just go to 6.1 anymore).

#48 10 years ago

Cool App! It worked good for me, I am a newbie though....
    Leveled with a digital level then checked with the app, pretty damn close.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

Tried to install it, but it requires ios6.1 or later. Any chance it can be shifted to support 6.0 or later? I have no desire to update to ios 7 (and I can't just go to 6.1 anymore).

Good luck, 7 is the App Store standard now, you're going to just keep seeing this. Personally I'd go nuts going back to 6 even with the parts of 7 I'm less than crazy about. It's definitively still better.

#50 10 years ago

Well; I'm out. My 4 is still on 4.3.1. I'll never update except to Android.

There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinguy-pinball-machine-leveling-app and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.