(Topic ID: 24926)

Pinballnews.com has an update for Heighway Pinball's Circe's Animal House.

By Pinballfantexas

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I don't why I missed this, They have revealed their cabinets and more. Swappable playfields and cabinet art a playfield glass that has two pieces of glass with a thin clear LCD where animations can appear on the actual glass as well? What the....? Head to Pinballnews.com to get the load down.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/circe/index5.html#flyer

If this is a double post sorry for been behind the times.

#2 11 years ago

pinballnews updated the site yesterday with like 6-7 articles at once. Yea, that thing looks amazing, no idea what transparent LCD is going to add to cost (slot machines use it, can't be THAT terrible). I like the swappable playfield idea, re-use cabinet (which means standardized power), and swappable side art.

#3 11 years ago

I really like the transparent LCD idea. I've seen this on slots, and it's an amazingly cool effect. By incorporating this technology directly into the playfield glass, they've basically taken the Pin2K concept and made it state-of-the-art. This could be a real game changer.

#4 11 years ago

Just read it, really looks very interesting !

One small downside I see in the animations shown on the glass - depending on the height of the pinball player these may not be in the correct position ?
    But one has to see it for real first, maybe it's not an issue..
    I really like the idea, and their illuminated cabinet sides are also a good idea. Will make the game even more attractive on location.

#5 11 years ago

Looks great.

#6 11 years ago

Whoa...wingnuts for flipper mechs eh?

#7 11 years ago

Just uploaded a video to Youtube, which I filmed at the UK Pinball Party a few weeks ago.

The animations work quite well, but these early version hamper the visibility of the playfield below somewhat. In the demo cabinet there are large banks of white LED lights at either side of the inner cabinet to help with lighting

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

wingnuts for flipper mechs eh?

Yea, I question those suckers staying on. Also I don't get the "no left or right flipper mech" anymore, and what looks like a hole the shape of a flipper in that brochure?

Quoted from aeneas:

depending on the height of the pinball player these may not be in the correct position ?

They could address this by using a webcam to detect player head position, but this would adjust to the person playing (would look odd to someone standing to the side). I'm imagining lots of possibilities with this. Could be a really cool blind mode like on Tommy, perhaps breakable blocks that you have to clear.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wizcat:

Just uploaded a video to Youtube, which I filmed at the UK Pinball Party a few weeks ago.
    » YouTube video
    The animations work quite well, but these early version hamper the visibility of the playfield below somewhat. In the demo cabinet there are large banks of white LED lights at either side of the inner cabinet to help with lighting

Thanks for the vid!

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Also I don't get the "no left or right flipper mech" anymore, and what looks like a hole the shape of a flipper in that brochure?

I suppose in the flipper mech, there's some 'plastic' in the same shape that fills the hole. In other areas of the playfield you wouldn't want that for the ball could get stuck if the 'filling up of the hole' wouldn't get completely flat, but at the flippers, the ball won't get stuck (though I could see a little playfielddamage on the wood around the flippers, when the filled up hole isn't completely 'flat').

That said, I do like a lot of the ideas they're using.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Yea, I question those suckers staying on. Also I don't get the "no left or right flipper mech" anymore, and what looks like a hole the shape of a flipper in that brochure?

They could address this by using a webcam to detect player head position, but this would adjust to the person playing (would look odd to someone standing to the side). I'm imagining lots of possibilities with this. Could be a really cool blind mode like on Tommy, perhaps breakable blocks that you have to clear.

flipper parts are not handed. The same components can be used to make either left or right assemblies. Wing nuts may not make final version.

#12 11 years ago

Glass LCD is cool. Start of multiball could do some amazing effects.

#13 11 years ago

It looks like Aruze (out of the ashes of Japan's Universal Distributing) will be earning some licensing fees off of Pinball. Well done.

#14 11 years ago

Game has good flow to it.Very interesting...no purchasing info.Pre-order or just wait?No offense to JJP or Stern but it would be nice to see a different marketing strategy besides "buy it before you try it."Scott

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Game has good flow to it.Very interesting...no purchasing info.Pre-order or just wait?No offense to JJP or Stern but it would be nice to see a different marketing strategy besides "buy it before you try it."Scott

You can do that with Stern. That's what authorized distributors are for. That's the way new pinball machines were traditionally sold. Because of the internet and "gotta have it now" mindset, more people want to just "add to cart", pay, and have it shipped. It still happens today with all kinds of stuff but not as much with $4000.00 and up purchases.

You simply take a drive down to Betson in Carlstadt, New Jersey and try the game out. Naturally, with gasoline around four buck a gallon, call first to see if they have one set up to try.

Don't worry that Stern has the where to buy segregated on the website, Route op distributors are happy to sell to anyone with cash. In fact, they love ca$h. Some even discount since many route ops like to pay with cash (wink, wink).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballnewscom-has-an-update-for-heighway-pinballs-circes-animal-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.