Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 243 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snoopdoggplayfieldsketch.jpg
    1178413Sin-City-Marv-Posters.jpg
    jessica_alba_sin_city_desktop_1024x768.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    4d.gif
    images.jpeg
    images-4.jpeg
    SquarePegRoundHole.jpg
    image-32.jpg
    HELL-PIN.jpg
    Don_t_Panic.jpg
    doc.jpg
    images.jpeg
    Jar_Jar_Binks_by_Varezart.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    456613-grandmas_boy_1_super.jpg
    There are 243 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 12 years ago

I am new to this, but going through the pinball database and doing a little research I am very surprised that certain brands don't have a pinball machine. I am going to list a few I was surprized don't exist, please feel free to do the same! = )

1. Aliens - Would be one cool table, make it look like a hive, face huggers, flame throwers ... so much potential.
    2. Predator - lots of skulls, and cool weapons, and the pred could set a countdown till the table "explodes" .... again, why doesnt this exist?
    3. Masters of the Universe - Huge in the 80's, and kids would have loved it... yet, nope. Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, Eternia, The power sword, cringer, all the characters .... weird.
    4. Thundercats - Ninja Turtles yes, Thundercats no? Cats lair, mumm-ras black pyramid, castle plundarr, berbils, sword of omens .... this thing would be as loaded as the simpsons.
    5. Ghostbusters - I know bone busters exists, and it's pretty damn close, but why not go all out and license the guys for a table? .... Stay Puft, slimer, Vigo, Zuul, Vinz Clortho .... would be epic.
    6. X-Men/Justice League - it seems like either would be perfect for a pin. A bunch of heroes, vs a bunch of bad guys. You could have it ask to pick a character, then the voice of the machine is your character, and it just dubs a different name in by the enemies ....

I've seen incredible hulk, and ninja turtles, and maverick .... yet these (in the list) dont have tables. It's so weird to me. I was going to add transformers to the list but i saw last night it's being made right now. Please suggest more if you have any!

#2 12 years ago

In today's market, to me it seems like a Harry Potter themed pin would be a no brainer. There is so much material to draw from to make a very deep game with a theme that would appeal to players young and old. I'm sure the #1 barrier to this is the cost of the license. J.K. Rowling has complete creative control over anything related to Harry Potter, so I'm sure that is another area of concern. Although it must be said that her creative control over the movies has played a large part in their success.

If JJP or Stern were to make their next pin a Harry Potter machine I would buy it in a heartbeat sight unseen.

#3 12 years ago

I'd love to see a modern (Greek) Mythology game. Maybe add a multilevel table with a clear section a la Haunted House. Using multi-color LEDs the bottom section could be either Hades or Poseiden. A Trojan Horse multiball would be fun. Medusa, Zuse, Petasus, there are just so many options.

I'd also like to see another game like Earthshaker or Whirlwind, maybe just a complete Armageddon game.

#4 12 years ago

Zombie pin. Seriously. I was just thinking about this, great topic. And I will second the gods of greek mythology pin, that would be sweeeeet.

License wise: Warriors (come out and PLAYYYYYY)

#5 12 years ago

Some great ideas. Harry Potter is a great answer. I'm also amazed that doesn't exist. Would have been a no brainer for movie theater. I'm not sure it would be my thing, but it seems like it would have sold a lot of units.

A Zombie theme, would be great. Any specific toys or missions you have in mind? I would think a multiball might actually give a feeling of fighting off a zombie hoard (like in Left 4 Dead).

#6 12 years ago

surprised they aren't any war pins
    Civil War North vs South, WW1 or WW2

#7 12 years ago

I know it is more of a cult following than widely popular but if they made a Big Lebowski pin I would need to have it without a doubt.

Quoted from guymontag451:

License wise: Warriors (come out and PLAYYYYYY)

Not a bad idea that would be pretty sweet.

#8 12 years ago

Apparently the Harry Potter lady thinks pinball is base and evil or something and won't allow a license.

Spaced invaders was supposed to be Aliens but couldn't get the license for some reason. Edit: Sorry, got this confused with BSD. They did get sued for using the alien's image though.
    Same for GB. Edit: This was just a cheap ripoff of the movie just like most of Gottleib's games of the era.

Surprised there never was a Matrix pin. With 3 movies, cool music and visuals, that could have been one great looking pin with many modes.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I'd love to see a modern (Greek) Mythology game. Maybe add a multilevel table with a clear section a la Haunted House. Using multi-color LEDs the bottom section could be either Hades or Poseiden. A Trojan Horse multiball would be fun. Medusa, Zuse, Petasus, there are just so many options.

This is a great idea. You could have an upper playfield that would represent Mount Olympus. Heck you could call the machine "Olympus" or something to that effect. I would definitely have a strong interest in a pin with this theme were it ever made. Lots of material to draw from.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Civil War North vs South, WW1 or WW2

When you consider the market on PS3 and XBox for war games, it is surprising - might get kids back into pinball.

#11 12 years ago

Saw-it could have some good toys like a errr a...wait for it Saw.

News of the World-you could search for stories, hack phones, pay off police etc.

Snakes on a plane-you could have a plane and rubber snake

World Cup Bid-you could bribe judges in different countries around the world

Saw 2-could have 2 saws

Saw 3....

hmm maybe I'm not in the most positive frame of mind for this post-wait I have it...

PINBALL, you could have a pinball themed pin based around some of the larger than life characters and players from around the world.

#12 12 years ago

More band themes...
    Depeche Mode
    Megadeth (Metallica would be more likely to have been made)
    AC/DC
    Nine Inch Nails
    Alice In Chains
    IRON MAIDEN!

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from emo:

Olympic bid-could bride judges in different countries around the world

They could re-skin that as a World Cup game when they're done. Two for the R&D costs of 1 a'la FG and Shrek!

#14 12 years ago

Monte Python's Quest for the Holy Grail. (it's only a model)

#15 12 years ago

Harry Potter is the easy answer but I'm sure it has to do with licensing issues.

Another one that I think would sell quite well is a Disney themed machine, like the video game Kingdom Hearts. It would encompass battling various evil villains from Disney movies. It would have a very large fan base and would appeal to women, which is very important when trying to convince a wife or G/F that dropping thousands of dollars is a good idea. Of course a straight up Nightmare Before Christmas machine would be beyond awesome as well.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Harry Potter themed pin would be a no brainer

OMG ya with so many movies, how do they not have this? I personally wouldnt want it, but if LOTR has one, why doesnt this? (Does JK really think pinball is evil? wth?)

Quoted from lpeters82:

Very cool idea! there are so many cool stories, Zeus, Hercules, Percious...

Quoted from guymontag451:

Zombie pin. Seriously. I was just thinking about this, great topic.

This is kinda already out there with the monster bash, elvira, tales from the crypt type games. But a pure zombie/L4D inspired game, i would HAVE to own. This is an amazing idea..... If it was had Evil Dead references in it I would sell everything I have to own it.

Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

If it had a "Defeat the Nazi's!" theme, with Hitler on the backglass with red LED eyes .... hell ya.Tanks, planes .... and even a story that is based on history so you can learn while you play.

Quoted from HighProtein:

Megadeth (Metallica would be more likely to have been made)
    AC/DC
    Nine Inch Nails
    Alice In Chains
    IRON MAIDEN!

lol dude, iron maiden has 2 machines http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5557&picno=44407

but Metallica, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Manowar, or just a general metal machine (that isnt heavy metal meltdown) i would love to see.

Quoted from SealClubber:

Spaced invaders was supposed to be Aliens but couldn't get the license for some reason. Same for GB.

I didnt know that, I will go look that up!

#17 12 years ago

Pixar

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Apparently the Harry Potter lady thinks pinball is base and evil or something and won't allow a license. Spaced invaders was supposed to be Aliens but couldn't get the license for some reason. Same for GB.

I knew about the Bally Space Invaders, but never knew about the Ghostbusters? Was it Bally again going after the license?

Here is some of mine:

Mad Max/Road Warrior
    Planet of the Apes
    Batman Returns - never understood why this didn't happened?
    One of the Tim Burton ones - Beetlejuice, Nightmare...

#19 12 years ago

*jaw drops* omg ... how did I miss that .... you're so right! freakin' anything by them would be golden.

Quoted from Schusler:

Mad Max/Road Warrior
    Planet of the Apes
    Batman Returns - never understood why this didn't happened?
    One of the Tim Burton ones - Beetlejuice, Nightmare...

Beetlejuice .... OMG YES

#20 12 years ago

I think Stern need to run a contest to conceptualize the next Pinball game. If they use your idea you get a free machine. I would think it would draw tons of interest and help sell machines. I know I'd enter. Probably, have to be non-licensed theme though.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I think Stern need to run a contest to conceptualize the next Pinball game.

I agree releasing one movie theme pin after another gets a little boring IMO.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from TigerSaw:

Very cool idea! there are so many cool stories, Zeus, Hercules, Percious...

Maybe a AFM style drop down bumper to get into the Hades area, themed after "Cerberus" . Cerberus is the three headed dog that guards the gates of the underworld.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from TigerSaw:

If it was had Evil Dead references in it I would sell everything I have to own it.

Cool.......

#24 12 years ago

I second the Ghostbusters and wanted to add the Goonies.

#25 12 years ago

I second the Monty Python Holy Grail and Beetlejuice but raise you one more, Fifth Element. I can't believe this wasn't made when the movie came out. What an awesome game that would have been!

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

Fifth Element. I can't believe this wasn't made when the movie came out. What an awesome game that would have been!

I second this as long as Chris Tucker is completely omitted from the game.

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I second this as long as Chris Tucker is completely omitted from the game

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA I couldn't agree more!

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Cerberus is the three headed dog that guards the gates of the underworld.

lol thanks for that, who's Zeus again?

More horror themed .... there is just something about pinball and monsters that go together.

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I think he needs to be omitted from film in general.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

"Corbin..Corbin...Corbin muh man!"

It would be as catchy as "bah bah bah bah bah! tron!"

#30 12 years ago

What about a Bruce Lee themed pinball machine? The man is a legend throughout the world and beloved by young and old here. It could be just like one of his movies. You battle your way through lower level bosses until you fight Chuck Norris at the end. That would be beyond epic!!

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

What about a Bruce Lee themed pinball machine? The man is a legend throughout the world and beloved by young and old here. It could be just like one of his movies. You battle your way through lower level bosses until you fight Chuck Norris at the end. That would be beyond epic!!

that would be very cool! have a bunch of mirrors at the back of the machine to reflect and make it look like 12 balls are on the table. Have chuck norris quotes/jokes the closer you get to the finally. would be pretty sweet.

#32 12 years ago

I would love to see a Battlestar Galactica pin made. Pushing the start button would play "By Your Command". The topper could have the roaming red-eyed Cylon head. The main playfield should have the beautiful Number 6 with her blonde hair and sexy red dress. All the makings for a great pin!

#33 12 years ago

I would love to see a Battlestar Galactica pin made. Pushing the start button would play "By Your Command". The topper could have the roaming red-eyed Cylon head. The main playfield should have the beautiful Number 6 with her blonde hair and sexy red dress. All the makings for a great pin!

Also the ball launch would work perfectly to mimic the act of the raptors launching out of the battlestar. Add in Original 6 multiball for the hell of it while you're at it.

I've taken the liberty of finding the backglass for you.

lastsupper.jpglastsupper.jpg

It would need to be trumped up a little but it's a start.

Found this one that I like a bit better. Adding the name to it would be the icing on the cake.

battlestar_large.jpgbattlestar_large.jpg

#34 12 years ago

How about a Die Hard theme, you could "blow shit up!"

#35 12 years ago

Excellent work jarjar. I usually have to wait until Nimble posts to get a "visual"
    Now Im all worked up over a pin that doesnt exist. Calm down SB. Anyone have a towel?
    Wait a minute...I am a towel.

#36 12 years ago

Army of Darkness
    Repo Man (Harry Dean Stanton would be a worthy exception to my NO CELEBS ON THE TRANSLITE rule)
    Zombie anything
    Monty Python
    Metalocalypse
    Squidbillies
    Futurama
    The Big Lebowski

#37 12 years ago

Would be cool with some laser lights!

Quoted from Silverballer:I would love to see a Battlestar Galactica pin made.

#38 12 years ago

BStar would be a great theme for us nerds. That Last Supper pose is genius.

The problem with having a Chuck Norris Wizard mode is you could never beat it.

That Maiden pin looks beautiful. Tell me why I have to be a pinballslave.

#39 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

The problem with having a Chuck Norris Wizard mode is you couldn't win.

I think Chuck would win the rematch!LOL

#40 12 years ago

I forgot to add something for my favorite director (John Carpenter).

Sooooo....

The Thing
    Halloween
    Escape from "*"

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

The problem with having a Chuck Norris Wizard mode is you couldn't win.

Wow that's better then Chuck Norris causing the dust storm in Phoenix by lighting a cigar!

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

Excellent work jarjar. I usually have to wait until Nimble posts to get a "visual"
    Now Im all worked up over a pin that doesnt exist. Calm down SB. Anyone have a towel?
    Wait a minute...I am a towel.

I'm filling in for NP when he's not online.

BSG would make a great theme for a pin. Too bad they didn't crank one out back when the show was still on. Oh, and of course when the last ball drains Colonel Tigh would have to say "She'll never jump again!"

Look in the mirror and you'll find a towel!

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from Snurdley:

3rd that. and bring them both back. 80's culture resurrection

#44 12 years ago

Le tour de France....... anyone?

tour-de-france.jpgtour-de-france.jpg

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

3rd that. and bring them both back. 80's culture resurrection

Agreed!

also, more video game themes would be cool. Mario has his place, but where is Doom, Wolfenstein, or even current games like Gears of War, Portal, Half-Life, or Duke Nukem Forever. There is a pinball machine IN that game, you could just make it reality, huge breasts topless girls and all! = )

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from emo:

PINBALL, you could have a pinball themed pin based around some of the larger than life characters and players from around the world.

I do think a theme-less game could work, maybe. Something that just shows off all the mechanical action that goes on in a pinball machine. Everything would have to really be planned out though.

Quoted from Snurdley:

Goonies seems like it would be similar to Hook. Have to look out for "One Eyed Willie" though.

#47 12 years ago

Would it be possible to have a touch screen as a pinball surface? Don't get me wrong, I know it would be expensive as hell, but it would be cool to have the background interact with the motion of the ball. Have guys diving out of the way of the ball or whatever.

#48 12 years ago

Give me some kind of Vampire versus wolves pin with a TRUE BLOOD twist on it....

#49 12 years ago

Says the person with the (avatar) character who single-handedly ruined "Star Wars" besides Ewoks...
    Oh, and include George Lucas' tweaking updates on that one too!!!

I will stick to my original LaserDisc Trilogy..!

TH-AN-K you VERY MUCH...

CBG.jpegCBG.jpeg

#50 12 years ago

I was talking with some friends recently and one of them suggested a "Weird Al" Yankovic pin.

This seemed like a great idea until I started thinking about it. Pinball mirrors pop culture and so does Weird Al, so how do you mirror a mirror?

There are 243 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-themes-you-are-amazed-dont-exist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.