Pinball Pete's - Ann Arbor

Started 2 years ago by sleethering in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Pinball Pete's - Ann Arbor

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by sleethering
  • 6 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Sarge

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years ago
    #

Has anyone been to Pinball Pete's lately? I was thinking about working it into a trip sometime soon, but I wanted to check on their current lineup and functionality. Last time I was there a lot of the games had issues or were turned off completely.

From what I remember the lineup included:
    FH
    TSPP
    MM
    Fire!
    GNR
    AFM
    MB
    SS
    SWE1
    Elvis
    POTC
    SM
    SP

Any recent info would be appreciated! Thanks

2 years ago
    #

I think I heard they got a TRON LE, but I haven't been there in a while to verify. I'd like to hear some comments as to the condition of games as I'd like to go there myself sometime soon.

2 years ago
    #

I was there last week, and it wasn't pretty...

TRON LE and TFLE looked in good shape, but at $1 per play, I didn't touch 'em.

STTNG and TSPP sat turned off.

Ship and Dead Man's chest out of action on POTC.

Heartbreak Hotel not accepting guests (door wouldn't open) on an un-level Elvis.

Spidey's DMD is fading hard and had some error that made the score climb, even with a ball in the shooter lane. I could have waited and got a free game, but I didn't even care to.

SWE1 had a switch fault that did a hard reset on ball 2. I didn't even bother complaining, since by that time I was done.

I'm soooo getting spoiled by private collections and shows.....

Later,
    EV

2 years ago
    #

Sounds pretty rough...

I expect that kind of neglect from bars and stuff, but you'd think a place with such a history and extensive collection would offer a better experience.

2 years ago
    #

Go into the game location section or whatever and look up petes...I updated the game list best I could bot too long ago. EDIT -->http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/pinball-petes-45-ann-arbor-mi-united-states

The place has been in neglect for a long time. The TRon & TF LEs are in good shape...but as stated above $1 a play. That isn't the worst thing...at least they are in good order.

The rest are a mismatch of playable/unplayable games. I know the STNG had gun issues, whcih is probably why it's off. They just don;t have anyone to keep them in nice order. when I worked there, we had 3-4 people tjhat all knew pins and worked on them when needed. But we were all players and cared about it. I don;t think they have anyone that deals with them in the lower ranks anymore I'm afraid. And the problem is at this point...the backlog is so high it's almost impossible to catch up.

And some things are just past their prime. The AFM there I can actually crush for some reason...of course the bumpers don;t work so you can't get enough of them to rule the universe. Decals peeling off...the lights are all out of wack. But hey, when you have a machine that's been turned on & played literally 14 hours a day for 17 years...what can you expect?

EDIT As for your list...
    Pretty sure GNfR has been down for a year.
    I don't think they've ever had a Fire!
    Pretty sure there's no Scared Stiff.
    I don't remember seeing a MB...seems liek I would have jumped on it if it was there.

toyboy6

Pinball addict
    1,151,500 4
    2 years ago
    #

I haven't been back to play for a year now. I used to love to go and support pinball in the wild, but when you can't even get half of the features to work, it's just a waste of time. Everything was filthy, non-functional, and tired. It's a shame because they do have a very nice lineup. If you are coming here for a trip, my suggestion would be to go to Marvin's instead - he keeps his games up pretty well.

2 years ago
    #

Thanks for the info, guys. Basically confirming my concerns with making a special trip there.

What is the pin lineup at Marvin's? I just checked the website and didn't see a game list. Seems like lots of other interesting stuff I'd like to check out though!

2 years ago
    #

http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/marvins-marvelous-mechanical-museum-46-farmington-hills-mi-united-states#gameslist

List is accurate, and Parker takes really good care of the games. Marvin's is always worth a stop.

Later,
    EV

2 years ago
    #

What I've really learned from this thread is that I need to become more familiar with the Pinside Map!

2 years ago
    #

Guns and Roses has been turned off for almost FIVE years (yes Ive been counting) sitting next to it is a Monster Bash with a scoop I can almost fit my fist thru...
    Petes in East Lansing on the other hand is a different story, they have less pins but that allows the guy there to take way better care of them.
    Last I was there was a month ago and they had

IM
    RS
    AFM
    MM
    T3
    TSPP
    South Park
    POTC
    RFM
    Police Force
    Whirlwind
    TAF

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple