(Topic ID: 11192)

Pinball Disappearing from Chuck E. Cheese's?

By Crash

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I know, not the first place you would visit for some arcade action, but I did enjoy playing RCT while I was there with my dad (wouldn't go alone). Now it's gone. I was wondering if this is a corporate decision or just management doing this. Any ideas?

#2 12 years ago

The last I was at one, they also had a RCT, but it was in OK shape. Playfield needed cleaning, but everything else seemed to work just fine. I haven't been since then, but I heard it's still there, I just need to go there. The question is: how can I get in by myself without looking like a creeper?

#3 12 years ago

local one here had POTC

#4 12 years ago

My Chuck E had a TSPP that leaned left 30 degrees.

Awesome!

#5 12 years ago

Our Chuck E. had a RFM a few years back.............now gone.

#6 12 years ago

Shrek here. good shape too.

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

My Chuck E had a TSPP that leaned left 30 degrees.
    Awesome!

so stick some nickels under the leg and get to work.

#7 12 years ago

Got a Shrek here as well beat to hell though last time I saw it.

#8 12 years ago

RCT here, poor non playable shape last I heard, left flipper did not even work. I am afraid they are going away

#9 12 years ago

Got a POTC at the one near me. Clean and plays very well.

#10 12 years ago

Holy crap, RFM would've been awesome. The RCT that was there played great, the only issues were mild dirt, broken Information Kiosk trough switch, and chipped bumper cap. I'll be down there again next weekend and will report if I find anything (and add the place back to the map). Video:

#11 12 years ago

We have an Elvis at ours.

Side note: I went to the movies today and attached to the theater is a huge arcade which used too have an Austin Powers, X Files and South Park. They were not there today.

#12 12 years ago

I'm going to be off-put if I find Shrek/Elvis/Rolling Stones/etc. down there. I won't be playing if that's the case, I just don't like the titles. Our local theater had a Ripley's the last 2 times I was there but it was turned off. Going back in March to see The Lorax. I hope to find it there and working because it actually looks like a fun game.

#13 12 years ago

We have a decent POTC at one and an out of order TSPP(which I tried to buy lol) at another. They typically tend to stick them in a corner, so the writing is pretty much on the wall. The only thing that bugs me is that some locations destroy them!!! When I asked an employee, they told me that any old/worn out games get shipped off..

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I'm going to be off-put if I find Shrek/Elvis/Rolling Stones/etc. down there. I won't be playing if that's the case, I just don't like the titles. Our local theater had a Ripley's the last 2 times I was there but it was turned off. Going back in March to see The Lorax. I hope to find it there and working because it actually looks like a fun game.

Our local theater had a Ripley's the last 2 times I was there but it was turned off.

The power switch is under the cabinet

#15 12 years ago

So you're basically in the same situation as me yet you still told ME to turn the power on? (kidding, look how your quote is messed up. ) I didn't, might get a word from the employees. Plus, whenever something blows up on one of our games the person always turns it off for us.

#16 12 years ago

TSPP at one local CEC, POTC at another. Found a place with a Dale Jr recently, a different chain called Incredible Pizza Co

#17 12 years ago

Post edited by Jeff_PHX_AZ :

#18 12 years ago

johns incredible pizza co. in roseville ca. has spiderman and shrek. both clean and playable as of 3 weeks ago. dont know about the house of the rat. the 1 near me closed about 3 months ago.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

johns incredible pizza co. in roseville ca. has spiderman and shrek. both clean and playable as of 3 weeks ago. dont know about the house of the rat. the 1 near me closed about 3 months ago.

That's good to know, I'll have to head up to Roseville one of these days and check it out! Thanks!

#20 12 years ago

We had a topic about pinball vs Chuck e cheeses some time before,
    and if I remember someone brought up the idea that when they are done with a pin it gets thrown away?
    So check the dumpster or who ever does the trash removal for C.C. for a pinball score when a game disappears all of a sudden .

#21 12 years ago

Nascar at ours. they just did a major shop on it and had the DMD replaced. It's fairly popular too. I doubt it's going anywhere.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

We had a topic about pinball vs Chuck e cheeses some time before,
    and if I remember someone brought up the idea that when they are done with a pin it gets thrown away?
    So check the dumpster or who ever does the trash removal for C.C. for a pinball score when a game disappears all of a sudden .

I worked there in High school. They most definitely do not throw away old games, they sell them at auction or move them to another store.

#23 12 years ago

You mean they actually do upkeep on these things? That's surprising.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I worked there in High school. They most definitely do not throw away old games, they sell them at auction or move them to another store.

well that's good to hear

#25 12 years ago

I wouldn't know... I heard the Chuck E. Cheese's around here will not allow you in unless you are with a child. I guess to keep out the Chesters.

I might feel a little strange hanging out there anyway.

#26 12 years ago

Yeah. Saw the Pedo Police standing outside the bathrooms last time.

#27 12 years ago

There's a NASCAR at the CEC near me

http://i40.tinypic.com/2a7x3qc.png

#28 12 years ago

I was just at a local bowling alley last week and there wasn't even one pin in their arcade.

#29 12 years ago

Our local bowling alley has a Road Show. Actually plays well! The op rotates at least one pin in and out, but always only one at a time. Shrek at the Chuck E Cheese, but RawleyD already chimed in on that.

#30 12 years ago

I check every CEC when I travel.
    They have RCT, TSPP, Nascar or POTCs.
    The ones that don't have pins are the newer CECs.
    I do not know if any CECs will ever buy a new one again.
    I'll let know know if I get intel haha.

#31 12 years ago

ive read where cec policy is to destory the machines and throw them away to get them off the books

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I wouldn't know... I heard the Chuck E. Cheese's around here will not allow you in unless you are with a child. I guess to keep out the Chesters.
    I might feel a little strange hanging out there anyway.

and that why i have my son with me!

#33 12 years ago

The location in Hickory Hollow has a POTC. Pretty cool game, going to put some good play on it.

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

ive read where cec policy is to destory the machines and throw them away to get them off the books

If this is true, I'll be waiting behind the local CEC, watching the dumpster..... I wonder has anyone done this?

#35 12 years ago

My buddy is a regional manager for CEC and he said that they will pull and place them elsewhere if its not being played. Its all about the amount of money generated per square foot of space. And no they dont throw away machines.

#36 12 years ago

The brand new one in Monroe, Louisiana opened in 2011 with no pins. And none since.

#37 12 years ago

No pins here, they went the same route as the Putt Putt Courses, redemption games for more money.....

#38 12 years ago

Saw a TSPP at a CeC in such bad shape, I thought about shooting it to put the thing out of its misery. It seriously looked like it just came out of the elementary school boys bathroom. Disgusting.

#39 12 years ago

The grand champion high score was something like 2.5 billion belonging to "Chuck E." How do the staff get a legitimate score? Just press random things with the glass off, or is it entered through the operator menu? There was a guy playing for about 25 minutes before me. He got a ticket (yes, this game actually dispensed tickets) and during that time bumped up the ticket score from 10 million to 50 million. Hm! No ticket for me.

#40 12 years ago

It seems like most Chuck E Cheese location have 1 pinball machine. And these are Stern's manuf from 2002 thru 2008 era (RCT, TSPP, POTC, & Shrek). I've seen a POTC at one CEC and a Shrek at another. It would be interesting to read if any pinsiders have seen any newer stern machines at any CEC's. My guess is that CEC mgmt will have at most 1 pinball machine at each location -or- none going fwd.

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from billy1343:

Saw a TSPP at a CeC in such bad shape, I thought about shooting it to put the thing out of its misery. It seriously looked like it just came out of the elementary school boys bathroom. Disgusting.

It's a shame CEC won't give a great game like TSPP the TLC it deserves. Did you try to buy it off of them?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-disappearing-from-chuck-e-cheeses and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.