Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by robertmee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2011-12-21_13-58-24_681.jpg
    pin3.jpg
    pin2.jpg
    pin1.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I have dropped the waterworld pin off at work. I will have foam underneath to help quiet it down, got some rubber, foam, pads for the solenoids and weather stripping for the PF glass. It's fairly quiet but you can hear the solenoids hit on the other side of the wall. My coworker/friend Ashley put up a high score on it before she left work today, 297 million...then I had to beat that before I left Should be fun, I just hope it isn't too distracting from work..... My basement feels empty but I should finish my visualpin cabinet and throw that in.

pin1.jpgpin1.jpg pin2.jpgpin2.jpg pin3.jpgpin3.jpg

#2 12 years ago

wow, what a guy. What do you do at work?

#3 12 years ago

Awesome!! I wisj my TSPP was at work.

#4 12 years ago

A pin at your work,you must be the BOSS,I'd spank Ashley's score before you left,can't leave a girl co-workers score as #1

#5 12 years ago

Let's see pics of Ashley In a thong

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

wow, what a guy. What do you do at work?

Medical IT company. At this job, I'm a server admin and data center ops person. Still have FT at home. WW wasn't getting too much attention. Figure I'll bring it in and see if people like it.

Quoted from v8torino:

A pin at your work,you must be the BOSS,I'd spank Ashley's score before you left,can't leave a girl co-workers score as #1

hahah Not quite. The CFO thought it could be fun though and convinced all the other C's. Just need to make sure it is quiet enough not to disturb the help desk or people in the break room.

Yup I beat it, got 320 million. Now it is all work people high scores. So it will be like a mini competition.

Quoted from kwiKimart:

Awesome!! I wisj my TSPP was at work.

Ya I hope people like it! Its a really fun pin for people new to pinball. Multiballs are fairly easy to acquire and 4 ball multiball (sink the deez) is a hoot of crazy.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Let's see pics of Ashley In a thong

you and me both......

#8 12 years ago

There's a place near me that specializes in internet based advertising (i think) that has a MM, CV & a TAF. I almost bought a shadow from the guy, that's how i stumbled upon them.

I hope that wasn't too off topic.

#9 12 years ago

Yeah let's she Ashley. (playing the pin)

#10 12 years ago

dont let us down atleast a backside shot of her playing lol

#11 12 years ago

I'm a frontside guy, so post both.

#12 12 years ago

Haha let's invite Ashley to Pinside, and give her a warm welcome.

#13 12 years ago

Looks great! Now get FT in there!

#14 12 years ago

That's cool that you get to take a pin for show and tell! The fun police at my work would never go for something like that.

#15 12 years ago

Well with foam on the bottom and foam pads under the solenoids, weather stripping on top and bottom of glass. It got fairly quiet. I hope it works out well here. The CFO already wants to hold a tourney haha.

Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Looks great! Now get FT in there!

I don't know if I could leave it at work! I wouldn't get to play it on the weekends and at night before bed I cannot wait to LED the FT. Colors really pop.

Quoted from ianwho:

Haha let's invite Ashley to Pinside, and give her a warm welcome.

She made fun of me for pinball, then beats my score...now she likes it All the women seem to have fun playing. You just cannot be pushy with what they do/how they play.

#16 12 years ago

Pics of the ladies or they don't exist

#17 12 years ago

I put a FH and a FT in our conference room...along with a Taito GameRoom Classics in my office

FT seems to be getting way more play than the FH...but the FT is only a month old. The FH has been here since May.

5 guys in our office...the pins easily get 75 plays a week...probably more

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from nasco62:

That's cool that you get to take a pin for show and tell! The fun police at my work would never go for something like that.

Ya I hope it doesn't get people in trouble and is quiet enough so it doesn't bug the help desk on the other side of the wall. But sounds like people are excited to play, and I haven't even sent an email out about it.

Quoted from robertmee:

Pics of the ladies or they don't exist

I'll have to sneak some pics when they are busy getting multiball and screaming

Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I put a FH and a FT in our conference room...along with a Taito GameRoom Classics in my office
    FT seems to be getting way more play than the FH...but the FT is only a month old. The FH has been here since May.
    5 guys in our office...the pins easily get 75 plays a week...probably more

Ohhh that would be fun. 75 plays a week? not bad at all. I hope people play it as much as yours get play. It is new so people will play a lot right away, but its a nice distraction from work, specially if you get stressed out. IT can make some people cRaZy

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I'll have to sneak some pics when they are busy getting multiball and screaming

Screaming while playing with multiple balls....Now you're just being dirty

#20 12 years ago

I hear that.. we're a PC\Server manufacture thus I get brow beat to death from customers. Nice to have something to take it out on.

I had a Defender arcade game here...no one played it 'cept me. I found a decent deal on a FH and replaced the defender with it. I was very surprised how much play it actually got. Funny hearing F bombs dropped from the conference room. I spent a few hours fixing a reset problem...switches...and got Rudy to function. At 75-100 plays a week I stopped fixing Rudy..his mouth it stuck open (again). I planned on replacing the FH with the FT (and hoping less maintenance) but I was remolding at home and didn't have a path to the basement when the FT showed up cheap on CL. So I dropped the FT off here 'temporary' and the guys don't stop playing it.

To add to the Hijack...2 of my fellow co-workers recently bought the Pinball Hall of Fame game and play each other on the console stuff.

Hopefully your Waterworld won't get beat up to bad..pretty ironic how 'fixing' a pinball machine at works is a welcomed stress break

Ohhh that would be fun. 75 plays a week? not bad at all. I hope people play it as much as yours get play. It is new so people will play a lot right away, but its a nice distraction from work, specially if you get stressed out. IT can make some people cRaZy

2011-12-21_13-58-24_681.jpg2011-12-21_13-58-24_681.jpg

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I hear that.. we're a PC\Server manufacture thus I get brow beat to death from customers. Nice to have something to take it out on.
    I had a Defender arcade game here...no one played it 'cept me. I found a decent deal on a FH and replaced the defender with it. I was very surprised how much play it actually got. Funny hearing F bombs dropped from the conference room. I spent a few hours fixing a reset problem...switches...and got Rudy to function. At 75-100 plays a week I stopped fixing Rudy..his mouth it stuck open (again). I planned on replacing the FH with the FT (and hoping less maintenance) but I was remolding at home and didn't have a path to the basement when the FT showed up cheap on CL. So I dropped the FT off here 'temporary' and the guys don't stop playing it.
    To add to the Hijack...2 of my fellow co-workers recently bought the Pinball Hall of Fame game and play each other on the console stuff.
    Hopefully your Waterworld won't get beat up to bad..pretty ironic how 'fixing' a pinball machine at works is a welcomed stress break

Attachments 2011-12-21_13-58-24_681.jpg (203.1 KB, 0 downloads) 9 hours old

oh very nice! ya I played today and what do you know, the deez boat didnt turn properly a handful of times....ugh wonder if the gear is missing teeth or something. I will have to look into that, and a stop target (yellow shark) isnt registering. I like how they break when you don't want them too :-p

Well didn't see people play too much today, but I know people are looking for a lunch tourney so I'll have to warm up on FT before work tomorrow WW does drain like a mofo though and they don't have any idea how bad the lighting flippers are on FT hahha.

Oh ya, after speaking with doctors you know you need a stress reliever, but then you get so angry at pinball!!

#22 12 years ago

for some reason, I've gotten way more into the game. I've found out what makes big points and try to actually get those. The game is now a ton more fun to me. Weird that I didn't figure that crap out in my basement....but I'm happy many others are enjoying it as well. I've ordered a trophy so whoever has the top score gets it at their desk to brag about

#23 12 years ago

wowwwwwwwwwwww

#24 12 years ago

We're still looking for the pic of Ashley and the girls playing with your machines.

#25 12 years ago

or just send facebook profile with pics LOL

#26 12 years ago

Ya know..funny you mention this. It's interesting how fast you learn the rules to a game when you play it exclusively..even if it's only 2-3 games a day. I'm pretty sure I have them completely down on both games.

I'm starting to like the idea of the games at work...fine tuning them and getting everything to work. I just picked up a RollerGames and asked the guys which pin (FT or FH) they want me to take out of the office.... 3 of 4 of them said leave the FH

So it looks like RG will be replacing the FT Monday morning

Quoted from northvibe:

for some reason, I've gotten way more into the game. I've found out what makes big points and try to actually get those. The game is now a ton more fun to me. Weird that I didn't figure that crap out in my basement....but I'm happy many others are enjoying it as well. I've ordered a trophy so whoever has the top score gets it at their desk to brag about

#27 12 years ago

Ashley, Ashley

#28 12 years ago

hahah you guys. Well she is out of town for work but theres a few others here that play. Luckily I got my 2nd place score up on the board. Maybe I need to eat more wheaties Played a lot of fish tales last night, ahhh I felt like I was getting better at pinball...then that game just takes all that away

#29 12 years ago

Is Ashley back yet?

#30 12 years ago

she was today but didnt play pin...damn I'll have to take a pic of elizabeth or cathy playing......maybe michele...

4 weeks later
    #31 12 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

she was today but didnt play pin...damn I'll have to take a pic of elizabeth or cathy playing......maybe michele...

You could take pictures of them all......sounds like you are trying to keep Ashley to youself!

#32 12 years ago

1st time reading this thread and was hoping half way down to see Ashley bottom at the bottom but nothing

#33 12 years ago

Love it! Good on you northvibe. I smell a new post topic, PINS IN THE WORKPLACE.

I can't post photos from my iPad but you can check out my TZ in my game room pics. I just set it up in my office a couple of weeks ago. Even had them modify the furniture a bit to get it in. I work in a creative/manufacturing business so it's cool... but I do have a door

Oh yeah, still waiting for Ashley ???

#34 12 years ago

we want pics we want pics!

#35 12 years ago

Good on you northvibe. I would love to take a pin to work but we have about 1,000 people there and it would not be on free play. That could change if you were to send Ashley over.

#36 12 years ago

Don't know what all the talk about having games at work is about.. Ive got over 200, (only 30-35 pinballs thought) =) Its a hard days work! Today I had to play AC/DC 4 Times!

P.S. Wheres these pics at!?!

#37 12 years ago

Cool! I have brought a couple games to work. Demoman, Ribon and my latest is Police Force. We also have a DDR machine and 2 Arcades a six button Impress cab with Alpha 3 in it and a 6 Slot Candy Neo.

I charge 25 cents for the pins so if something breaks I got the loot. Paying also keeps people from playing all day : P it's worked out well and we enjoy it when its 3am on a build night! Sometimes I feel like an OP @ work!

Ill have to post some picts

Mat

#38 12 years ago

I had positive feed back from the C level people. So it seems its good so far. Many like it as a way to get stress out between calls/clients/meetings and spark creative thinking. I asked some people if they wanted me to leave WW there or bring in FT. And they seem to like WW a lot. So maybe I'll just keep it. New deez motor and other parts are on its way to fix up. I just need to upload pics of the PF to see how I can protect it from further wear. I need to get pics but ashley isnt in the office much anymore. There are other ladies though

#39 12 years ago

Two words....Web Cam

Ladies playing pinball web cam channel

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-is-at-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.