Picked up a Wico Big Top

Started 3 years ago by nutshell79 in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Picked up a Wico Big Top

Topic summary

• Started 3 years ago by nutshell79
  • 9 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from KenLayton

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

3 years, 1 month ago
    #

Picked this up for my three year old, but first he is helping me restore it. It was really dirty and there is some bubbling on the pf but bg is in pretty good shape. All electrics are working only major issue (so far) is the missing plastic apron.

We had fun removing everything from the pf, and cleaning it up. Hopefully we can play it this weekend.

PF pic in the attachement - don't know why bg came up twice

3 years, 1 month ago
    #

Nice looking machine. Way to go getting your child involed. Get them hooked on pinball early!!!

3 years, 1 month ago
    #

I've seen a few over the years come up for sale ,
    would be interesting to hear how it plays after you get it back in action.
    Looking at a few photos of the back box and not much software
    wasn't sure what was next to the cpu - then I figured a chime bar set up?

I guess the only other game Wico made was Af-Tor

3 years, 1 month ago
    #

Very cool, what a nice looking machine. That backbox pic looks very clean, is the rest of the machine as nice as the backbox?

3 years, 1 month ago
    #

What a great father-son project. Enjoy them while they're young. They sure do grow up fast.

3 years, 1 month ago
    #

That backbox pic looks very clean, is the rest of the machine as nice as the backbox?

Not really, the pf is a little rough and the cab has some scuffs and dings. I'm thinking about painting the side rails on the pf and the cab legs. And that missing apron is going to drive me nuts, maybe we can create a cool mod as a replacement.....

3 years, 1 month ago
    #

I picked a Fireball home version for my son. He is stuck in pinball now!! We went to the pinball expo in chicago and he finished in 4th in the youth tournament! He is counting the days till the next one:)

3 years, 1 month ago
    #

Never the less its great you have involved your son at such an early age. Start searching for an apron, you never know, you might get lucky. It you dont find one there must be a way to fab one. Send some pics so we can figure out how to fab an apron, it cant be that difficult. A poster board template would be a good start.

3 years, 1 month ago
    #

That's cool Joe. I can't wait til my kid is old enough to play my pins.

3 years, 1 month ago
    #

Is this the plastic you were looking for? I cropped out the image and drew a vector of it. I can remake these plastics if I have a flat image of them. Shoot me an pm and Il will tell you about it.

2 years, 11 months ago
    #

Update:

I found someone that was parting out a big top and I bought the full playfield plastic set which arrived today.

Some pictures of the finished project - we painted the legs white too - I think it turned out nice.

2 years, 11 months ago
    #

Looks great! Great to get the kids playing early!!!

2 years, 11 months ago
    #
    nutshell79 said:

I found someone that was parting out a big top and I bought the full playfield plastic set which arrived today.

Nice find on the plastics. Based on the pictures, I think the machine turned out great.

2 years, 11 months ago
    #

the white legs do look good - nice job on the big top

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

You did a great job on that machine. I like what you did with the legs. For future reference, i have posted some repair information at pinwiki.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wico

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I always thought this would be a great free-play game for kids.
    Nice zombie post.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple