Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Leigh
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1663.JPG
    wcsbeforeafter.png
    #1 10 years ago

Picked up a WCS this weekend to add to my lineup of Jpop games. Also remembered to get a before/after on the lighting as well! Also added some nice purple trim to WCS. One of the only games purple works on imo as well with so much purple on the cab.

wcsbeforeafter.pngwcsbeforeafter.png IMG_1663.JPGIMG_1663.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Congrats on the new game! WCS is definitely one of those games that looks amazing with LEDs.

#4 10 years ago

That's the experimental kit you got from pinball bulbs, right? Looks great. Not color bombed, smooth, and no dark hot spots. The photos both taken in the dark?

#5 10 years ago

So you're saying jpop = purple...

I think yur right. Looks dope!

#6 10 years ago

Damn I read the thread and thought that was you!
    Nice score!
    Looks very nice

#7 10 years ago

damn! there goes some more of my money...the one thing i didnt like about my wcs was the darkness. thought about how to do the LED thing but never got around to it. looking at this, it is now a must , with the approval of a pinside friend ,who has his eye on my machine, that is. can you list the led's used and where?

#8 10 years ago

Looks great! I have LED's in my WCS and it just glows. I love it.

#9 10 years ago

Yep it looks great with the LEDS enjoy

#10 10 years ago

Wow that does look great.

Was it a kit or did you wing it?

#11 10 years ago

Yo - you have my approval! Fire away! I count 4 spotlights in the lower playfield. Were any more used up top?

#12 10 years ago

Looks great!

#13 10 years ago

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.

#14 10 years ago

I think it looks great and really brightens up WCS94.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

I think it looks great and really brightens up WCS94.

It looks like he also added at least four spotlights. Those certainly help to brighten up the playfield. What's weird, though, is that I can't figure out what the ones above the left sling are mounted to.

#16 10 years ago

It looks like they are mounted over the left sling with a standard hex post???

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from S37VEN:

It looks like they are mounted over the left sling with a standard hex post???

Oh, you're right. I didn't see the hex post. I thought it was part of the artwork on the sling plastic ...

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from yoshootme:

damn! there goes some more of my money...the one thing i didnt like about my wcs was the darkness. thought about how to do the LED thing but never got around to it. looking at this, it is now a must , with the approval of a pinside friend ,who has his eye on my machine, that is. can you list the led's used and where?

Quoted from DougPiranha:

Wow that does look great.
    Was it a kit or did you wing it?

It is the full kit from pinballbulbs which came with the 2 double spotlight kits and there is an LED strip under the top back are as well which helped that glow.

Quoted from S37VEN:It looks like they are mounted over the left sling with a standard hex post???

correct! Just mounted with 2 1 inch hex posts like standard. Maybe just hard to see in the pic

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

It is the full kit from pinballbulbs which came with the 2 double spotlight kits and there is an LED strip under the top back are as well which helped that glow.

http://pinballbulbs.com/

I don't see any kits, is this the right site?

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from DougPiranha:

http://pinballbulbs.com/
    I don't see any kits, is this the right site?

Yup, it is. Sorry I didn't clarify. This was the test kit for that game. There were a lots of kits that look to be made up and waiting on some flashers and flexes I believe.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Yup, it is. Sorry I didn't clarify. This was the test kit for that game. There were a lots of kits that look to be made up and waiting on some flashers and flexes I believe.

Cool, I am just getting ready to restore a WCS and am interested. How much was it?

#22 10 years ago

Okay, if you have read my posts, you know how I feel about LED's.

That said, I think this may be one of the finest examples of LED use in a machine.

Was the room lighting exactly the same in both photos?

Congrats on the pickup, and I honestly think you did a nice job on the LED's on the playfield.

Chris

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from DougPiranha:

Cool, I am just getting ready to restore a WCS and am interested. How much was it?

It was the machine used to test the kit out in person so I just went through it with them. Didn't cost anything per se. I'm guessing, based on what I've seen it will be like $180~ for the whole kit with spotlight kits and light strip kits, but don't hold me to that

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Okay, if you have read my posts, you know how I feel about LED's.
    That said, I think this may be one of the finest examples of LED use in a machine.
    Was the room lighting exactly the same in both photos?
    Congrats on the pickup, and I honestly think you did a nice job on the LED's on the playfield.
    Chris

Thanks! It is one of my favorite LED jobs I've put on one of my machines as well. The colors just pop, nothing really color bombed or washed out. Yeah, pic on the left was taken about 10pm so sun was about fully set and one on left was about 9:30pm the next day so sun was set with a lil glow outside possibly, but only one window and curtains were closed with lights off in both pics. Same camera, same settings etc. Just picked up camera and shot the second pic same as first

#24 10 years ago

You have a list of the what bulbs are in the kit? Need to get leds to finish mine up. Don't want to wait for the kits to come out. Intend to buy them from pinball bulbs though. Never had an issue with their leds. A few came apart but they replaced them. Top notch service all around.

#25 10 years ago

I have already LED'd mine, but I wouldn't mind picking up that spot kit.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

I have already LED'd mine, but I wouldn't mind picking up that spot kit.

It's easy to make yourself. Basically, just four of these and a couple hex posts:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1542

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

It's easy to make yourself. Basically, just four of these and a couple hex posts:
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1542

Yup, pretty much. Just solder to an already existing GI bulb. Preferably one that rarely goes off. The ones used on this game were from their spot kits coming out to test if the regular user could easily install them. No soldering needed. Wires clip in the middle by small connector and then alligator clip onto GI. Cool so you can easily move as well I guess if you didnt like that spot you put it or if that specific GI was flashing too much

#28 10 years ago

Seriously good job, well done.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picked-up-a-wcs-updated-jpop-lineup-beforeafter-lighting-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.