PDI Optical Non Glare Glass - PreOrder now for Best Pinsider Discounts!

Started 2 years ago by PDI in forum MarketPinball machines for sale.

PDI Optical Non Glare Glass - PreOrder now for Best Pinsider Discounts!

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by PDI
  • 30 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from wescor97

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years ago
    #

Hello to All!

=)

Pinball Decals, Inc. is now taking pre-orders for the next batch of PDI Optical Glass that is due here late Summer 2012. We are offering some great discounts for all pre-orders!!! We are also planning on stocking it as well, but the best discounts are offered for Pre-Orders Only!!!

Next Price "Bracket Down" Pre-order pricing levels for all Pinsiders! So you can get PDI Glass for $250 per sheet with a 10 sheet purchase!

1-4 Sheets = $285 each
    5-9 Sheets = $275 each
    10+ Sheets = $250 each

*** ALSO ***

Purchase any http://www.Pinballdecals.com website items totaling over $500 and receive even further PDI Optical Glass pre-order discounts!

Here are the info links as well:

http://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

» YouTube video

Email us directly via our website "Contact Us" email link for more information and exact quotes.

Many thanks to all for your continued support with this PDI exclusive high end product!

Sincerely,

Joey Lipovsky
    Pinball Decals, Inc.
    http://www.Pinballdecals.com

2 years ago
    #

Here's the comparison videos, gives you an idea of how PDI looks vs regular glass (and Bob's Ultimate)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF34CFBDDDFA8E040

Of course, there's nothing like comparing it with your own eyes, it really is amazing stuff!

2 years ago
    #

It's kind of a weird time right now, Joey. I'm guessing a lot of people are waiting to see how Jack's product compares. All I can say is that PDI glass rocks! I can't imagine the JJP stuff will be better. Thanks for the Pinside discount!

2 years ago
    #

Is it resistant from cat scratch fever though? Cause my cat like to get up there and move.

2 years ago
    #

Joey, the reason people are interested in jacks product is mainly due to the 6-8 month wait time. If you stocked the stuff I think it would be a lot different.

2 years ago
    #
    markmon said:

Joey, the reason people are interested in Jack's product is mainly due to the 6-8 month wait time. If you stocked the stuff, I think it would be a lot different.

Agreed.

2 years ago
    #

That stuff is incredible.

2 years ago
    #

...and Joey just helped me out with my last order! Easy / fun communication! Thanks!!

2 years ago
    #

Does that price include shipping?

2 years ago
    #
    absocountry2 said:

Does that price include shipping?

Dido

2 years ago
    #

No way that includes shipping

2 years ago
    #

Shipping FedEx in the lower 48 for 2 sheets insured: $65 to AK $150. I wish I would have bought this stuff a long time ago for my 3 pin collection.

2 years ago
    #
    spfxted said:

nd Joey just helped me out with my last order! Easy / fun communication! Thanks!! [:applause:]

You should post some before and after pics.

2 years ago
    #
    TheLaw said:

Is it resistant from cat scratch fever though? Cause my cat like to get up there and move.

Im curious about this too as my cat absolutely LOVES Transformers. I have a hard time keeping him off sometimes so I can enjoy one game to myself! Lol.

2 years ago
    #
    Honch said:

spfxted said:

nd Joey just helped me out with my last order! Easy / fun communication! Thanks!! [:applause:]
    You should post some before and after pics.

I got the Scared Stiff Super-Cool Deee-lux Eyeball Plunger. I'm having a bunch of stuff done next Thursday...Cliffys Installed, LED's, etc... (yes, I have to have someone come over, cause I'm a retard)

2 years ago
    #

I'll take pix...

2 years ago
    #
    spfxted said:

I got the Scared Stiff Super-Cool Deee-lux Eyeball Plunger. I'm having a bunch of stuff done next Thursday...Cliffys Installed, LED's, etc... (yes, I have to have someone come over, cause I'm a retard) [:oops:]

That's good stuff Ted. I have most of that stuff on my Stiff and the difference is awesome. PDI glass would take it over the top.

2 years ago
    #
    Eskaybee said:

TheLaw said:Is it resistant from cat scratch fever though? Cause my cat like to get up there and move.
    Im curious about this too as my cat absolutely LOVES Transformers. I have a hard time keeping him off sometimes so I can enjoy one game to myself! Lol.

A serious point as just had to remove a cat off TS!

2 years ago
    #

I recently installed PDI on my MM.

I love it! Best addition to a machine. Hands down there is no comparision IMHO. Also, pictures just do not do it justice,

Also, I do not notice it to be any more susceptible to scratching compared to regular glass. Granted, I do not own cats.

2 years ago
    #
    Eskaybee said:

I've gotten pretty good playing while dodging him and looking under his belly.

2 years ago
    #
    markmon said:

Joey, the reason people are interested in jacks product is mainly due to the 6-8 month wait time. If you stocked the stuff I think it would be a lot different.

I thought Jacks glass was supposed to be available like 5 weeks ago? I thought I saw some posting of him doing a "pre-order" for it as well.....has anyone out there even seen Invisiglass yet?

As I also stated - we are and have been planning on stocking it as well, but the best discounts are offered for Pre-Orders Only!!! Also, we always continue to take pre-orders after we place our order with Roman, so this is why it is never in stock as it takes 3-4 months to make and all gets pre-sold. NOT 6-8 months......that was like 2 years ago when we ran into a quality control issue. These things when they first come out can take time.....just ask Jack. WOZ for Christmas presents???? =)

Roman invented this product and deserves full props. =)

ALSO, we need to pre-sell a minimum of 50 sheets, so not only do we feel like people will continue to want and purchase this product from us, but also to help justify a rather large chunk of investment on our part.

2 years ago
    #

PDI will be the next purchase for my Scared Stiff. Maybe there will be some at the Allentown Pinfest....

2 years ago
    #

I just put a sheet on TZ and it looks killer. Joey- just love it and hope to order more as I now want it on all the machines!

2 years ago
    #

I really like the 11 sheets I got it made a nice improvement. Yet I would be lying if I said I was'nt a bit dissapointed as I though it would remove the dmd glare and the back box glare or reflection and it does not.. If you dont have the cash to waste I would keep it.

2 years ago
    #

PDI >>>
    As I already said, I love PDI glass, love to talk it up becuase it is great, and would love to have it on every machine I ever have in my collection.

However, IMHO your passive agressive bashing of JJP/invisglass or any other competitor is not going to help you sell more product.

Just my honest opinion as a previous customer and likely future customer. It comes off as tacky and the low road. Given the option, I would always rather support a person/company that takes the high road if all other things are equal between 2 competitiors.

Trying to provide some constructive customer feedback. Nothing more, nothing less.

2 years ago
    #

How much would shipping be for 10 sheets to Melbourne, Australia, 3030? In U.S. dollars is fine.

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,270,873 3
    2 years ago
    #
    Whysnow said:

However, IMHO your passive agressive bashing of JJP/invisglass or any other competitor is not going to help you sell more product.

Just my honest opinion as a previous customer and likely future customer. It comes off as tacky and the low road. Given the option, I would always rather support a person/company that takes the high road if all other things are equal between 2 competitiors.

Where the heck did this come from? Seriously? "Passive aggressive bashing of JJP/Invisiglass"?!

He asked a simple and straightforward question about the the status of the Invisiglass and whether anyone had seen it yet. Well....have they? He also was making a point of how new things take time when they first come out, and made a joke about WoZ not making Jack's estimate of releasing the pin by Christmas. Good God man, do you really think Joey wants to alienate people who are buying WoZ pins? Joey sells items to those people, and guess what....he doesn't make pins or sell them!

I agree with your points about competitors slamming each other. I just don't see that this is what was happening here.

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,270,873 3
    2 years ago
    #
    Wise_Guy said:

I really like the 11 sheets I got it made a nice improvement. Yet I would be lying if I said I was'nt a bit dissapointed as I though it would remove the dmd glare and the back box glare or reflection and it does not.. If you dont have the cash to waste I would keep it.

That's unfortunate that you were disappointed. Nobody ever said that the PDI glass eliminated the reflection of the DMD. I still use Kim's DMD Glare Guards on all of my pins, including the 3 that I have the PDI glass on.

2 years ago
    #
    RobT said:

He also was making a point of how new things take time when they first come out, and made a joke about WoZ not making Jack's estimate of releasing the pin by Christmas.

Actually Rob, I was referring to THIS Christmas, 2012........not his estimated date of LAST Christmas. LOL

Good things take time - Great things even longer. Especially to a brand new manufacturer of Pinball Machines. Gotta give the man HUGE props also......

Who wants someone to rush something that could be better with a small amount of patience. NOTE: This is coming from a man who has NO patience. LOL

I personally have already pre-ordered and PAID IN FULL # 97 WOZ...as of 12 months ago....(48 weeks) and still counting.

Jersey Jack Pinball has my full support, and utmost respect.

Happy Easter to All!!!

=)

JL
    PDI

2 years ago
    #

RobT > Maybe just how I read it, but I thought he was insinuating that JJP will not actually deliver on WOZ till Christmas time 2012.

Especially when taken along with, "I thought Jacks glass was supposed to be available like 5 weeks ago?"

edit >> looks like I read that correctly...

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,270,873 3
    2 years ago
    #
    PDI said:

I personally have already pre-ordered and PAID IN FULL # 97 WOZ...as of 12 months ago....(48 weeks) and still counting.

Jersey Jack Pinball has my full support, and utmost respect.

Happy Easter to All!!!

=)

JL
    PDI

Haha! This proves my point, and I had no idea that you were in on the WoZ pre-order!

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,270,873 3
    2 years ago
    #
    Whysnow said:

RobT > Maybe just how I read it, but I thought he was insinuating that JJP will not actually deliver on WOZ till Christmas time 2012.
    Especially when taken along with, "I thought Jacks glass was supposed to be available like 5 weeks ago?"
    edit >> looks like I read that correctly...

My point was that Joey was not engaging in "passive aggressive bashing" of JJP. And he wasn't.

2 years ago
    #

Guess I interpret the comment differently than you.

no big deal. That is just like my opinion man.

2 years ago
    #

If this keeps up...I'm getting ready to Bash somebody.....just sayin'

2 years ago
    #

WOW, that vid of SM and LOTR looks like the SM had no glass. What a huge difference!

2 years ago
    #
    RobT said:

. I still use Kim's DMD Glare Guards on all of my pins, including the 3 that I have the PDI glass on.

With that combo, are you set? No glare and very little reflection?

2 years ago
    #
    RobT said:

Wise_Guy said:I really like the 11 sheets I got it made a nice improvement. Yet I would be lying if I said I was'nt a bit dissapointed as I though it would remove the dmd glare and the back box glare or reflection and it does not.. If you dont have the cash to waste I would keep it.
    That's unfortunate that you were disappointed. Nobody ever said that the PDI glass eliminated the reflection of the DMD. I still use Kim's DMD Glare Guards on all of my pins, including the 3 that I have the PDI glass on.

I am just a bit disappointed I am overall happy with the glass and will continue to buy it for all my games so that should say something. It does make a big improvement and looks great.

2 years ago
    #
    rommy said:

That's what I would like to know too?

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,270,873 3
    2 years ago
    #
    rommy said:

RobT said:. I still use Kim's DMD Glare Guards on all of my pins, including the 3 that I have the PDI glass on.

Absolutely!

And like Wise Guy said, even though he is slightly disappointed because he thought the DMD reflection would be gone, he is still going to use it on additional pins. It's a great product, and makes a huge improvement in being able to clearly see the pf, but it isn't "magic" and can't completely eliminate something like reflection from a lit DMD. That's what Kim's DMD Glare Guards are for!

2 years ago
    #
    Wise_Guy said:

I really like the 11 sheets I got it made a nice improvement. Yet I would be lying if I said I was'nt a bit dissapointed as I though it would remove the dmd glare and the back box glare or reflection and it does not..

More than likely.....you are seeing the reflection off of your playfield itself, not off the glass! Take off the PDI glass, and see if it is still there! =)

The height of the player and viewing angle have a huge impact here, and also the kinds of lights you use in your gameroom and where they are located. The more the viewing angle is at 90 degrees, the more amazing the effect of this glass will be. We highly reccommend to Use Kim's DMD Glare guards in combo with this glass!!! Solid, KILLER solution.......=)

Clearcoats, which are now applied pretty heavy these days even on new playfields, really make the glare from the DMD and backbox much worse. On older style Williams machines, that do not have big playfield angles or clearcoats....PDI REALLY looks amazing on, and even gives it the effect that is actually clearcoated. The more the view is at 90 degrees, the more amazing the effect will be.

We also offer any custom size of this glass you need, for many different types of machines - yet another advantage of pre-ordering. =)

JL

2 years ago
    #
    Wise_Guy said:

I've actually stated this repeatedly elsewhere. The glass does not eliminate dmd glare. It does, however, give such an incredible clarity to the playfield that it looks like there's no glass at all. You can't possibly try to argue that you paid $300 a sheet shipped for 11 sheets of glass *only* to eliminate glare rather than buying 11 $10 glare guards, right? And you can't possibly be that disappointed in the product. There's just no way. I have a sheet of this glass on all my 20 pins and everyone that sees them freaks out at how awesome they look.

More than likely.....you are seeing the reflection off of your playfield itself, not off the glass! Take off the PDI glass, and see if it is still there! =)

I don't think so. The DMD reflection shows up in the backboard of the playfield not on the surface. The glare guards totally solve it. Again, the PDI glass is totally worth it. It's unfortunate, however, that it's perceived value is for non-glare rather than the incredible invisible clarity you get.

2 years ago
    #
    PDI said:

Wise_Guy said:I really like the 11 sheets I got it made a nice improvement. Yet I would be lying if I said I was'nt a bit dissapointed as I though it would remove the dmd glare and the back box glare or reflection and it does not..
    The height of the player and viewing angle have a huge impact here, and also the kinds of lights you use in your gameroom and where they are located. The more the viewing angle is at 90 degrees, the more amazing the effect of this glass will be. We highly reccommend to Use Kim's DMD Glare guards in combo with this glass!!! Solid, KILLER solution.......=)
    Clearcoats, which are now applied pretty heavy these days even on new playfields, really make the glare from the DMD and backbox much worse. On older style Williams machines, that do not have big playfield angles or clearcoats....PDI REALLY looks amazing on, and even gives it the effect that is actually clearcoated. The more the view is at 90 degrees, the more amazing the effect will be.
    We also offer any custom size of this glass you need, for many different types of machines - yet another advantage of pre-ordering. =)
    JL

the 1st thing I did was take glass off and see if all the glare was coming from pf and it was not. You do get some glare from pf with glass off though so I see where your going with that. I will try the kims dmd glare guard. The only game that bothers me is BBB the backbox glare is heavy and the pf is pretty dim as the lighting kinda fades in and out. Looking straight down at glass you can't even tell there is glass on the game so thats amazing.

2 years ago
    #

I have seen it, it is at PBL and in stock.

2 years ago
    #
    Laseriffic said:

I have seen it, it is at PBL and in stock.

Very interested here......Would love to hear an honest comparasion side by side from someone who owns PDI Glass and orders a sheet of Invisiglass. I would hope that given the same "In stock " retail price, the quality, coatings, and manufacturing process's are the same??

Funny, before JJP....everyone in the industry laughed at this, and nobody was interested in buying it. If not for PDI, it would have never even been available here in the US.....and probally would not even be on the WOZ machines.

Things change of course, but the 2 main things here are:

#1 How do the products compare?
    #2 Would you be willing to wait 15-20 weeks to save hundreds of dollars?

You guys decide.....

=)

JL
    PDI

Mr68

Pinball addict
    1,115,750 2
    2 years ago
    #

I was in on Joey’s first order of PDI glass, I’ll guess three years ago. I have zero regrets and still smile when people ooo and ahh over my games.

Many thanks for the kind words about my Glare Guards. It truly humbles me.

Joey is an authorized distributor of Glare Guards as is Pinball Life.
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1099&parent=0

Rob Anthony has them in his booth at all of the show.

And please remember, if the Glare Guards doesn't have a Wrong Crowd logo on it, (my Pinside Avatar) it's not a genuine product.

2 years ago
    #
    PDI said:

Very interested here......Would love to hear an honest comparasion side by side from someone who owns PDI Glass and orders a sheet of Invisiglass

I am going to do this for sure. But I am no photographer.

PDI said:

#2 Would you be willing to wait 15-20 weeks to save hundreds of dollars?

Flat out no hesitation yes. But I don't want to. . Let's say the products are exactly the same for the sake of argument. I ordered two sheets of Invisiglass because I can have them now. If I am as impressed at the results as everyone else, the Invisiglass will actually help sell PDI because then I would order PDI for all the machines due to the price break. Now if JJP matches the price break on bigger orders...It's all academic because my hypothesis is just that. Have to wait and see if they are equivalent or what.

2 years ago
    #

Where is you picture next to the knock off Invissagalss? Oh ya they don't have any! It makes the rest of your games just look DIRTY when you install PDI!

2 years ago
    #
    Eskaybee said:

TheLaw said:Is it resistant from cat scratch fever though? Cause my cat like to get up there and move.

Same here. Cat prints on the pins all the time. When looking at other products that are coated for anti-glare, they say they will scratch easily.

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,270,873 3
    2 years ago
    #
    Mr68 said:

And please remember, if the Glare Guards doesn't have a Wrong Crowd logo on it, (my Pinside Avatar) it's not a genuine product.

Shit!!

I have three of them that don't have your logo on it. I guess Terry screwed me!

2 years ago
    #

Shoot the cats or power up those side rails!!

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple