Paragon ? -- I Don't Think So . . . !

By Heretic_9

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#2 10 years ago

Ah yes, the old bait-n-switch. That's the second time I fell for it this week.

#3 10 years ago

Lost World , looks good next to a Paragon , maybe that's what he meant .

#4 10 years ago

you don't want to buy anything from FUN, he's a scammer. His games are crap.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks CaptainNeo. In the past, I've been put off by this dealer's generally ridiculous prices . . . until I was often seeing **far more** ridiculous prices from many others on eBay. But his listings inspired a lot of skepticism, apart from cost. One of the many things I've looked to this Pinside site and community for was to help distinguish between who you'd want to do business with, and who not. And there can be different reasons. I sent a query off on a pin for sale by Pinballzarcade, and finally got a reply about two months later. But my concerns with them are more about how beat up a lot of their tables are likely to be. (Doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy visiting there some day to play, if I happened to be in the area.) Purchase-wise though, I'm afraid that's 0 for 2 on Texas.

So far, I have mainly bought from collectors rather than dealers, and find little reason to alter that preference.

#6 10 years ago

Just sad.....

#7 10 years ago

what a douche !

#8 10 years ago

A nice Lost World though....but not $3K worth!

#9 10 years ago

UPDATE: "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."
Uh . . . Yeah, kinda.

How does he (they ?) manage to have 100 % positive f/b over nearly 6,000 transactions ?

#10 10 years ago

I always look at the 'Sold Listings' for the high priced dealers. They are not selling games for the prices listed. This guy for instance, every game he has sold has been 'Best Offer Accepted'... I'm curious to know exactly what 'Best Offer' means in real $$.

These guys know what they're trying to pull here. Hoping to hook a rich newb who has an itchy BIN finger, then end up settling on a best offer from someone who knows better.

If 3K for a Lost World were a real market price, then my Firepower with a brand new CPR PF in it is a 5K game, right???!!! Hey, look up there... is that a pig flying???!!!

-Steve Ridge

#11 10 years ago

FUN=Douche !

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

FUN=Douche !

I would suspect the opposite is NOT true.

Douche=FUN !

#13 10 years ago

maybe for some. But yes, as stated before. Stay away from FUN

#14 10 years ago

@ CaptainNeo,

O.K. That said, it looks like Fun may actually have one of these for sale after all:

ebay.com link: PARAGON PINBALL MACHINE BY BALLY BEAUTIFUL WIDE BODY GAME SHOPPED 199 SHIP

From a morning scan of eBay, I see that he's also in the Big Bang Bar sweepstakes, being one of at least three would-be sellers of these seeking $27K to $29K. (This is quite insane, if you're asking me.)

For those situations where one must consider purchasing from a dealer, it would be great if there was some kind of 'sticky' thread here covering those who are held in high regard by the community, and those who most definitely are not. This, as opposed to having to do a bunch of individual searches through the archives. Some of that is bound to be clouded by various flame wars and controversies. Testing my not always reliable memory here: Was it TNT that gained some unwelcome notoriety by tossing pins off of a roof ? Or was that someone else ? (ISTR them also getting into a prolonged mudslinging match with some rival dealer or restorer ?) And -- for example -- what does anyone care to tell me about the dealer ChooChoo Arcades in TN. ? It seems like a very large positive f/b rating on eBay does not impress you all much. {PM is fine, if you don't wish to post publicly.}

#15 10 years ago

Fun= zero fun!~SpOoKy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-i-dont-think-so and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.