(Topic ID: 65108)

Over modding?

By burningman

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    STTNG.jpg
    BDK.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    No_FearS.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Wow...nice to see so many opinions and feedback.

One thing that I stand on when modding, is that ALL of them can be installed/removed without any disruption to the games original condition.

I totally agree with the fact that its our games to with what we wish. I was just concerned about some of the bigger mods that are done. A color DMD is an easy refit with an original. But like this one mod that may be coming out for TAF, I am wondering what kind of surgery will be needed to install it?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultimate-taf-modanyone-see-this

One thing I will applaud is how Mike did the mod for the lagoon in CFTBL. You can remove it and add back in the hologram without any issues if someone is a purist.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I disagree. How often do you see an unmodded IM for sale? At least half of the pins listed on Pinside are larded down with mods. This is the real cause of "pinflation" IMHO.

If you are only looking for pins for sale on pinside then that is your issue. Sure, alot of pins on pinside are "modded", but that makes up a very small portion of the pins out there. Go ask ops, meet with local pin groups etc. You'll find a ton of unmodded pins.

Some mods can add a lot of value to a game such as the path of the dead mod on LOTR. Takes a bit to install, or create yourself and looks great

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

If you are only looking for pins for sale on pinside then that is your issue.

Yeah that's what i was thinking...especially since I've never seen a modded IM before.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I didn't say any such thing. Taxman is the one that said having the seller remove the mods to lower the price. I responded to that, and that's when you jumped in defending his position. By doing so, you own the position.

I don't follow your pretzel logic. Are you a lawyer?

Bottom line: please don't tell me or Taxman what to do or where to look for pins. If we want to politely ask a seller if they would consider selling a game without a mod, that's between us and them. We don't need you telling us that we are "lowballing" or that we are "tightwads". It just means that we don't need toys on our toys to enjoy them.

#57 10 years ago

every pin i've bought had no mods to it. (currently have 11, have owned more)
    i repair them and put fun mods on them.
    modded pins are far and few between. you're just chatting with a ton of folks who are on this board who like taking care of their pins and also enjoy moddin' these puppies

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/over-modding/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.