Other Hobbies?

Started 3 years ago by manowar43 in forum Off topicOff-topic bar.

Other Hobbies?

Topic summary

• Started 3 years ago by manowar43
  • 166 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from mickthepin

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years ago
    #

Oh yeah...and tattoos!

2 years ago
    #

Winter: Wood working
    Summer: Motorcycles
    Year round: Adult beverages

2 years ago
    #
    mystic said:

Doing my 10th half in about 2 weeks or so.. the Jack Daniel Oak Barrel Half Marathon, gotta love the south. 10 full marathons is definitely an accomplishment, I can't find time to train for a full but would love to complete one eventually.

Sweet! What are your times like? I'm aiming for under 2 hours for my first.. I'll let you guys know how it goes

Speaking of nice weather though, it was 78 degrees up here in Toronto yesterday Nice early summer weather we're having lol

2 years ago
    #

Good to see some active folks on this forum. So much fun to be had outside, can't just knock the silver ball around everyday.

The Glendora Mt. Rd./East Fork/Mt. Baldy split
    Ended up being 9000+ft. elev. and 80+ miles. I was cooked.

Any other bike jocks out there with an addiction to elevation?

2 years ago
    #
    Hwawonyu said:

Dang pics

You must have really hated those concrete blocks.

2 years ago
    #

Firearms modification. (Yes.. ALL LEGAL!)
    My Fave Saiga 12..

My Bride with her Saiga 12 & WASR 2

2 years ago
    #

I have eight guitars, and have played in a decently successful local band for about 2 years before we split!

2 years ago
    #

Juggeraut,
    thats hot!!

2 years ago
    #

Also I like to build and fix them, I built one for my Senior Project
    I'm 19 haha

hassanchop

Pinball master
    2,723,850 2
    2 years ago
    #

surfing and illustration :d

2 years ago
    #

I enjoy family time and barefoot waterskiing in the off season (meaning off pinball season!)

2 years ago
    #
    Hwawonyu said:

So much for in order..

Attachments DSCN1135.JPG (197.5 KB, 0 downloads) 1 week old

Awesome gear, but you really need a much larger screen

2 years ago
    #

I collect hockey jerseys. Not as much now. Brew beer. My new thing is modding out my pinball machines.

2 years ago
    #

Good to see some active folks on this forum. So much fun to be had outside, can't just knock the silver ball around everyday.

Agreed. Besides Coasters, Storm Chasing, Art and some Photography I also enjoy Snow skiing and casual biking. I just picked this up yesterday at a shop near Tatmans.

2 years ago
    #

Well, let's see...besides Filmmaking, I collect Movie Posters (mostly 50's sci-fi stuff), Movie Props, Books, Model Kits, Comic Books, Autographs, I publish a magazine (SPFX: Special Effects Magazine), Cuban Cigars, Hawaiian Shirts, Screenplays, Blu Ray/DVD's, Original Art Paintings, Slot Machines (30's-40's), Jukebox...and I'm in a band (drums and sing).

2 years ago
    #

Room #1 Lobby Card Wall

2 years ago
    #
    Skrippy said:

I have eight guitars, and have played in a decently successful local band for about 2 years before we split!

Wow, an interesting bunch to say the least. I could probably talk for hours with most of you.

I love to read, my MAME machine has been call me a lot lately, and Bass Fishing is a passion, but the only thing that really rivals pinball is guitar playing..just for fun and strictly a bedroom player.

Picked this up when I sold my Fish Tales:

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t388/Espo66/DSC_8226.jpg

Family photo, less acoustic and banjo.

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t388/Espo66/DSC_8236.jpg

2 years ago
    #
    ovfdfireman said:

I enjoy family time and barefoot waterskiing in the off season (meaning off pinball season!)

Attachments IMG_2401.JPG (214.5 KB, 0 downloads) 21 hours old

Man, that is cool.

2 years ago
    #
    vster23 said:

Here are the actual pictures from his website.
    http://www.joshuahoffine.com/#/6/1

Those are amazing, vster! Your friend has some serious talent!

Jobi said:

I enjoy whitewater rafting. I've got a couple boats and there are fun rivers around here ...

Given this fact, I'm rather surprised you don't even have WH2O on your wishlist.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Besides being a huge Mac/computer nerd in general, Pinball is my first real "hobby"

If I ever am financially comfortable I really, really want to get into RC drones (specifically quad/hexacopters with GPS/HD cameras/etc, so damn cool)

Anyone here into those? Saw a few people that mentioned other types of RC vehicles.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    pinheadpuckguy said:

I collect hockey jerseys.

How many Gretzky's do you own?

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Any other Train buffs?

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

10m target shooting - air rifle and smallbore
    taekwondo
    photography
    and maintaining my website as that takes sometimes more time than I spend working/playing pinball machines

Slate

Pinball addict
    1,050,300 3
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Road racing and modding my Corvette and cts-v. i have neglected to do much with them and pins have taken over since last august or so!
    local race track to me was flooded all last year so glad i found pinball to keep me occupied, will prob slow down on buying pins once the track season starts of course no money is won but it is the biggest thrill you can have with your clothes on
    Favorite track i have been to and raced on so far is road america!

Attachments GT_Track_Days_2011_at_Road_America_193.jpg (314.1 KB, 0 downloads) 4 months old

Ever thought of putting a cage in that and race SCCA or some series?

I used to race SCCA in T1. Fun Stuff. Nice Ride you have!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    Sarge said:

Any other Train buffs?

Attachments railcar.jpg (246.2 KB, 0 downloads) 9 hours old

That is nice Sarge! I've never seen a Nickel Plate model before.
    My other hobby is model trains, currently preparing to fill the non-gameroom part of the basement with an HO scale layout.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    TVsFrank said:

That is nice Sarge! I've never seen a Nickel Plate model before.
    My other hobby is model trains, currently preparing to fill the non-gameroom part of the basement with an HO scale layout.

Thanks Frank,
    My Grandfather and Father restored it in the late 80's and got the original bill of lading from the B&O and it was purchased by them from the NKP.
    So orange and black it was

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I used to skydive. Now it's mostly tending to my keg-o-rator and losing at poker.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    Slate said:

I used to race SCCA in T1. Fun Stuff. Nice Ride you have!

How much does it cost to race annually? (not including car repairs)

Slate

Pinball addict
    1,050,300 3
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    kwiKimart said:

Slate said:I used to race SCCA in T1. Fun Stuff. Nice Ride you have!
    How much does it cost to race annually? (not including car repairs)

Racing is the most expensive hobby you can get into. Even more than flying.

Depends on how many races and what kind. My brother used to race GrandAm and it was about 10k per race. I spent about $1500 per race weekend on SCCA. ($300+ for race entry fees, +Tires and Fuel which is $20 gal if you want the high octane stuff. Also pads and rotors usually last only the weekend, depending on the track and type of pads, etc.)

Was not cheap. One of the reasons I got out of it. The avg race weekend with supplies, maybe lodging if you need it, etc is around 3-4k.

Fun sport but expensive.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Forgot, I enjoy drawing too. Haven't done it in years! Here's a sketch I did yesterday during my "smoke" break..

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Nice!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Paintball, wedding photography/videography, recording engineer at local studio, play bass guitar in a cover band.

Paintball for me is in season during the warmer months, every year my buddies and I pack two pop-up campers, grills, beer, down to Mt. Pocano, PA to Skirmish Paintball, and play their DDAY scenario game with over 3500 people playing at once over 900 acres of land! We are normally on the Allies team, I have been on the German team in years past, and had a sh#$ ton of fun as an airbourne division attacking the German's from behind their lines. Smoke bombs, night vision, sniper barrels, armored tanks with full auto guns...the first two hours alone storming the beach is worth it!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Just sayin

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    Pinwiz1985 said:

I pack two pop-up campers, grills, beer, down to Mt. Pocano, PA to Skirmish Paintball, and play their DDAY scenario game with over 3500 people playing at once over 900 acres of land!

F*ck that sounds fun. I wish we had somit like that in AUS

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Working out in Gym.I just turned 48.Trying to turn back the hands of time. Also I am an actor,singer,dancer !! Fly fishing . Photo of me GRATEFUL DEAD SHOW last fall & at a yearly Madrigal Dinner I perform in every Year.Pay sucks but I love the lime light.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

* Hiking along trails w/ family, friends, and members of local hiking club.
    * Canoeing & kayaking a variety of bayous/rivers/lakes/coastal bays w/ friends in paddle club.
    * Which also leads to wildlife viewing and photography.
    * Offshore fishing in Gulf of Mexico during summer months, and some coastal saltwater fishing.
    * Going to festivals (most cities/towns in south Louisiana have their own yearly festival).
    * Do some volunteer work such as trash clean-ups (on water and on land), plant tree seedlings.
    * Watch major sports events on tv and attend some.
    * Reading news & info on internet.
    * Listen to a variety of music, mostly rock, also banjo & bluegrass.
    * Use to hunt ducks & deer, but not so much any more.
    * Use to ride 4-wheelers in years past.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Enjoyed reading all the posts and hearing/seeing about Pinsiders other interests and hobbies. Some awesome cool people here involved w/ pinball.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Antique fishing lures, pottery, marble top furniture, liquor decanters ,and about 120 cars over the last 40 years.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

NCAA Football Referee
    Astronomy
    Motorcycle riding

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Astronomy.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Some of my hobbies...

- Old japanese cars (3 Nissan 200SX, 1 Mitsubishi Starion). Cars currently running - 1 The picture shows my 2nd SX. I'm driving a black one now. The other two are used for spare parts.

- Archery. Quite successful at local level. The guy in the middle looking down is me.

- Board games, strategy games, roleplaying, tabletop gaming. Picture shows my T-34 defending a russian fuel depot. Those models are 1:285... quite difficult to paint.

Post edited by Tomcat : wrong picture size

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Argh.... sorry, had difficulties attaching the right pictures...

FiveSixPyro

Pinball addict
    746,400 1
    1 year, 5 months ago
    #

Sport motorcycles.... Wheelies. No better feeling
    Pyrotechnics
    Drum & Bass / Jungle DJ

Bunch of others. I go from one to the other back n forth. I think I'm too old for the stunt riding.

All tied to 1 fuse and lit once. I wish I could have angled the effects more. It was still fun.
    » YouTube video

My first time since......
    » YouTube video

1 year, 5 months ago
    #

My Hobbies besides Pinball?
    Well we just bought a home this year, so it is my major hobby ATM.
    Besides that, I work in IT, so home automation has become a major interest of mine. I am currently finishing up my MAME/Console Emu cabinet with about 22k games on it. Getting ready to build a HyperPin Pinball simulator. When I have the time/money I drag race in amateur street stock. And I go shooting every week.

1 year, 5 months ago
    #

Aside from Pins, I am a huge cyclist.

Mountain biking and road. I currently work for SRAM in the Industrial Design dept. We make high end bicycle components. Always with more bikes than pins it seems. Currently at 7 bikes and 4 pins.

Photo of me after getting home from a daily commute....this commute was from a blizzard in Chicago.

1 year, 5 months ago
    #

My other main hobby is "Ghost Hunting" for the past 6 years. I know it sounds hokey but it's a blast. I do some behind the scenes stuff for the "Ghost Adventures" show on the Travel Channel maintaining group memberships, conferences etc. I'm also a forum administrator for their site.

Have I seen anything in investigating 50 or so different places? Well, yeah... Voices, strange light anomalies, shadows. Enough things to make the engineering side of me say without a doubt there is an afterlife. Some of the weirdest things have happened that defy explanation has happened to me at these places.

My only claim to fame is being interviewed on the "Return to Bobby Mackey's" episode

» YouTube video

One of the most haunted locations I've ever went to (3x) Bobby Mackeys.

Related to that is video editing some of the investigations. I made a video for the husband/wife team Mark and Debby Constantino - http://www.spirits-speak.com/

Mike
    http://www.HabosArcade.com

1 year, 5 months ago
    #
    Pinwiz1985 said:

DDAY scenario game with over 3500 people playing at once over 900 acres of land

Wow, that's some SERIOUS paintball!

FiveSixPyro

Pinball addict
    746,400 1
    1 year, 5 months ago
    #
    hAbO said:

My other main hobby is "Ghost Hunting"

You have more balls than I do. I live near an abandoned mental hospital and the "slaughterhouse" WeirdNJ made famous. I wouldn't go there in the daylight! All the locals have known about it for YEARS and WeirdNJ brought too much traffic so they knocked it down. I still wouldn't go near it. Even with permission.

1 year, 5 months ago
    #

Some updates to my Traxxas MERV

1 year, 5 months ago
    #
    FiveSixPyro said:

You have more balls than I do. I live near an abandoned mental hospital and the "slaughterhouse" WeirdNJ made famous. I wouldn't go there in the daylight! All the locals have known about it for YEARS and WeirdNJ brought too much traffic so they knocked it down. I still wouldn't go near it. Even with permission.

I think I know the place youre talking about. It's never how you imagine it when going into a place. If I went myself I'm sure it would be more intimidating. Usually, it's 3-5 of us for a night or 2 in a place. The walls never bled - never been scratched or shoved down a flight of stairs although in rare cases it can happen. I dont provoke a lot when investigating. Anyway, it's fun and a little enlightening.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple