Other Hobbies

Started 1 year ago by pacattack13 in forum Off topicOff-topic bar.

Forum » Off topic » Off-topic bar » Topic

Other Hobbies

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by pacattack13
  • 60 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from TunaSled

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Ok I know this is a pinball forum but was curious what other hobbies you guys/gals do? My other hobby Is the aquatic hobby. Have a 180,150, 125, and 75 gallon aquarium.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Did I imagine it or did we just have this topic and did it go on for a zillion posts?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Erik said:

Did I imagine it or did we just have this topic and did it go on for a zillion posts?

sorry bro I guess I should have used the search feature.....

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    pacattack13 said:

Ok I know this is a pinball forum but was curious what other hobbies you guys/gals do? My other hobby Is the aquatic hobby. Have a 180,150, 125, and 75 gallon aquarium.

Thats really neat Have you seen the pinball machine turned into an aquarium? The machine is playable too. If you do a search you would have found several threads on this same subject.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Jeff_PHX_AZ said:

pacattack13 said:

Thats really neat Have you seen the pinball machine turned into an aquarium? The machine is playable too. If you do a search you would have found several threads on this same subject.

no I havent seen the pinball turned into an aquarium....yeah I should of searched first I appolgoize....dang noobs around here anyway LOL

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    pacattack13 said:

no I havent seen the pinball turned into an aquarium....yeah I should of searched first I appolgoize....dang noobs around here anyway LOL

Not a problem, just be sure and donate to the site to pay for the extra bandwidth to make up for it

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    pacattack13 said:

sorry bro I guess I should have used the search feature.....

NP!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Dirt bikes and firearms.

What can I say? I grew up in the woods

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Astronomy.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I play ice hockey a few times a week.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I had a 100 gal reef tank loaded with corals, fish, star fish, crabs,snails, seahorses.....had it for a few years. It was beautiful!!
    I just tossed it all in the trash last week. To much f'n work. Took time away from Pinball.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    wesperron said:

I had a 100 gal reef tank loaded with corals, fish, star fish, crabs,snails, seahorses.....had it for a few years. It was beautiful!!
    I just tossed it all in the trash last week. To much f'n work. Took time away from Pinball.

seriously you threw it all away

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

G scale model trains, though I have no where to set them up.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Radio control airplanes and cars and restoring old stuff

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    pacattack13 said:

wesperron said:I had a 100 gal reef tank loaded with corals, fish, star fish, crabs,snails, seahorses.....had it for a few years. It was beautiful!!
    seriously you threw it all away

Yup, had about $3000 in corals in it too....got mad one day when it was time to do another water change.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I'm a sport pilot for fun. Got my license about a year ago, and Fly little two seater planes.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Guns & Japanese Steel..

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Not that I get much time to do either of them anymore, but riding dirt bikes, and most recently getting into ice hockey.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    jimster102 said:

Radio control airplanes and cars and restoring old stuff

Hey new guy...post a pic of your rc fleet . I am a beginner myself, just started three weeks ago.

BVM

Retired Pinsider
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Football - Soccer.

Playing, going to games etc

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Trees,I have a vacant lot that I have planted about 50 seedlings on ,mostly hardwoods.I have 4 blight resistant American Chestnut seedlings that I am nursing along.
    Architecture is another hobby for me.

A Vanderbilt mansion on 5th avenue in manhatton built in 1878 and demolished in 1926 to make room for commercial property and because the owners could not afford to pay the new property TAXES.a Real tragedy....

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I snowboard, play guitar, ride rice rockets (need to get another), like fishing, boating, and keeping my pool clean. I like my pool water to be perfect like "silk" water. It is an art to do this. When this is obtained a pool needs little chemicals if balanced properly and im talking 40,000 gal.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    6S3NC3 said:

When this is obtained a pool needs little chemicals if balanced properly and im talking 40,000 gal.

except after the kids pee in it.....time for the smart shock!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    scooter said:

Trees,I have a vacant lot that I have planted about 50 seedlings on ,mostly hardwoods.I have 4 blight resistant American Chestnut seedlings that I am nursing along.
    Architecture is another hobby for me.

A Vanderbilt mansion on 5th avenue in manhatton built in 1878 and demolished in 1926 to make room for commercial property and because the owners could not afford to pay the new property TAXES.a Real tragedy....

Attachments 763px-660_5th_Avenue_New_York_City.jpg (69.5 KB, 0 downloads) 18 minutes old

Scooter, I love architecture too. Especially old Victorian homes and light houses. That is a shame to see something as beautiful as that mansion destroyed. I'll bet the inside was Awesome.
    I'm actually going to Ireland in the fall, just so I can check out some of the Medieval castles over there and have a few beverages as well.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Fantasy football Even had my own fantasy football Web based business until my hobby became work. Lol

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    jamespin said:

Fantasy football

Every year baby .

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Honch said:

Scooter, I love architecture too. Especially old Victorian homes and light houses. That is a shame to see something as beautiful as that mansion destroyed. I'll bet the inside was Awesome.
    I'm actually going to Ireland in the fall, just so I can check out some of the Medieval castles over there and have a few beverages as well. [:wink:]

Great! Would love to go to Germany and see the castles there especially Neuswanstein (I know i spelled that wrong). Some great castles in France and England too!by the way I love the old victorian houses too,I have even drawn myself one to build if we ever come back to a really good economy where real estate prices come back to normal and I can make some decent money...

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Build acoustic guitars

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Disc golf. I get out and throw whenever I can. That's my active hobby, passive hobbies include a vast Mad magazine collection from the 50s to current. My uber-nerd hobby used to be playing/collecting Magic: the Gathering but I'm on the sell. Hell, exactly 38 cards recently bought me my Fish Tales!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Collect Movie Memorabilia. (posters, lobby cards, stills, model kits, figures, toys, etc) Slot Machines (40's) and Jukeboxes. Original sci-fi art (paintings), magazines, books. Magazine publisher (SPFX Magazine) Collect Hawaiian Shirts (over 150). Library of films (laser disc, DVD, Blu-Ray)

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I'm a fish keeper, discus, flowerhorn cichlids, saltwaterand corals, also a retro audio collector.
    I have 1000s of vinyl records, reel to reel, (silver faced era) stereo equipment.
    It has slowed down because of pins though. But I'll always love vinyl.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I have 1000s of vinyl records, reel to reel, (silver faced era) stereo equipment.
    It has slowed down because of pins though. But I'll always love vinyl.

How could I have failed to mention this? I too am an avid vinyl collector, 3000+ pieces, many rarities.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I run SCCA Vintage glass in my Datsun 1600 roadster and Fiat 750. Have one 65 gallon nano reef tank as well.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Did the saltwater fish stuff long ago. Now just pinball and guns. Lots of guns. I build my own ar15s as well.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Nice custom record case!!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I have a Doctor Who podcast (does that count as a hobby?)

I've always wanted to restore a 60's Ford Mustang.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I Ride and dable in the Arts..

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Hwawonyu said:

I Ride and dablle in the Arts..

cool! I did some Tae Kwon Do training for 6 months about 30 years ago.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    spfxted said:

Nice custom record case!!

Thanks! Unfortunately it was built as a permanent part of the house, and my collection has outgrown it

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Sword fighting (mostly saber, cut & thrust, small sword, and rapier).
    Hunting (Mostly deer).
    Gun collecting\shooting.
    Writing
    and the new one backyard chickens!

I probably obsess over pinball the most though.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

great pic spfxted

Mine is astronomy

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Gardening, home brewing, playing music (I'm a music teacher) :D.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

My newest hobby is being a parent as I had my first child two days ago!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Vyzer2 said:

great pic spfxted
    Mine is astronomy

Get any new machines? How did Paul do?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    SunsetPinball said:

Congratulations!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Ted....excellent, great tech (thks)...got to learn to fix your own problems in this hobby however...(3 pb's in 4 months..only restricted by the space)

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

You have space in that room! Get rid of that Office Crap...

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    SunsetPinball said:

Congrats! Make sure to teach them how to play pinball beofe they learn how to walk.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple