You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flintstones_alt.jpg
IMG_20130701_155544_461.jpg
IMG_20130701_155535_577.jpg
#1 10 years ago

If you saw my other post I'm looking for a pin next weekend in Chicagoland and just wanted some opinions on my options since I have not played all of them. The following pins people either replied to me or are on CL somewhere close to me...
DM
Flintstones
RBION
JD

I'll update the list as this week progresses...
Thanks
Dan

#2 10 years ago

Flintstones for sure

#3 10 years ago

RBION for a strategic hard game with humour and Flinstones for down right good fun and relatively good flow.
Good luck dude

#4 10 years ago

They are all fun in their own way. RBION is the hardest and deepest of the bunch. JD has the best art and unique shots. DM has great flow, music and callouts but is pretty easy once you master the shots. Flintstones has the cool bowling alley toy, the apron rollover, but has Rosie. You can get an alternate translite for it however.

#5 10 years ago

Played rbion and flinstones frequently. Close call but i think i would choose flintstones over rbion.

If you have small children, than even more reason for flinstones. Real family pin

#6 10 years ago

As much as I do not like to look of it, I have been playing alot of Flinstones and it has really grown on me.
The apron is a little strange at first but I enjoy it alot. The rules aren't deep but you have some good pins in your line up I think Flinstones has it's place.

Judge I don't like much. I've played a few in the last year and none of them felt good. I don't get along with widebodies and this game has always felt "off" to me. The art is great but the music is awful.

DM I don't care for. It flows well but I don't bother playing the few I know around town. The theme stinks and I never enjoyed playing it.

Ripley's is a good deep rule set but I find it repetitive to really get anything done or get a decent score.

#7 10 years ago

Rbion has stayed in my collection the longest. Demo man has amazing flow and ramps.....do you really want to hear the flinstones song a million times?

#8 10 years ago

all of those games are worth owning at least on a temporary basis.

#9 10 years ago

Rbion

#10 10 years ago

Flintstones. Loads to do & good mods.~SpOoKy

#11 10 years ago

Flintstones and Ripley's would be my choice. (I have a Flintstones and enjoy it a lot)

#12 10 years ago

Great feedback so far everybody! Thanks.. dan

#14 10 years ago

Rbion is the best of those.

#15 10 years ago

RBION is a sleeper and may turn into a TZ like value game in the future
TZ was a dog on location and could be bought for under $2k in mid 90's
IMHO
njg

#16 10 years ago

I really like the ramp system on Flintstones and the way the software uses it. Always delivering the ball back to whichever flipper would have the next shot, either on the 1/2/3 progression or the Bolwing Pins.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

all of those games are worth owning at least on a temporary basis.

+1. Too difficult to tell what games will have lasting power until you have tried them out. For example, right now many seem to be on the Goldeneye bandwagon. I owned that game for about a year and could wait to get rid of it. Absolutely hated it!! John

#18 10 years ago

My order of those games.

1. RBION - really like this game. so much to do
2. JD - Tons going on here. so many shots. It just does not all come together for me, but an amazing game in many ways.
3. Flinstones
4 .DM

#19 10 years ago

I haven't played Flintstones but the translite and playfield art package drive me away fiercely from that title. Had it been original Hannah Barbara I would have been all over it. I do like the adult version of the alternate translite though.

Re: RBION
Love this pin so much. I bought one and am no where near close to getting to Atlantis. I have already come close to destroying the ring in LOTR but RBION is an asskicker of a pin. Will repeat this, but it truly is a poor man's TZ.

#20 10 years ago

RBION by a head mon.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

If you saw my other post I'm looking for a pin next weekend in Chicagoland and just wanted some opinions on my options since I have not played all of them. The following pins people either replied to me or are on CL somewhere close to me...
DM
Flintstones
RBION
JD
I'll update the list as this week progresses...
Thanks
Dan

RBION is the best of this bunch by a long shot. Next would be JD, then DM and then Flintstones. Flintstones is just too easy to want to own.

#22 10 years ago

RBION, is a fantastic pin!

#23 10 years ago
#24 10 years ago

Another vote for RBION.

#25 10 years ago

Forgot to add to Flintstones: you can also get a Cartoon style trans as well as playfield overlay to get rid of Rosie for good!~SpOoKy

IMG_20130701_155535_577.jpgIMG_20130701_155535_577.jpg IMG_20130701_155544_461.jpgIMG_20130701_155544_461.jpg
#26 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Flintstones and Ripley's would be my choice. (I have a Flintstones and enjoy it a lot)

Agree with this. DM and JD never have done anything for me.

#27 10 years ago

RBION with Flintstones a close second (I miss my Flint)

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Forgot to add to Flintstones: you can also get a Cartoon style trans as well as playfield overlay to get rid of Rosie for good!~Spooky

IMG_20130701_155535_577.jpg 184 KB

IMG_20130701_155544_461.jpg 95 KB

This one is better

flintstones_alt.jpgflintstones_alt.jpg
#29 10 years ago

I like all 4 games. DM has great flow and the handgrip option is cool. RBION has lots of stuff to do and an interesting layout; same with JD in a different way. Flintstones is a more conventional layout that is pretty fun, and I always liked the bowling alley shot.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

This one is better

flintstones_alt.jpg 59 KB

I like how Betty and Wilma switched sides on this one!

#31 10 years ago

With a JD which will be priced a bit lower, great bang for your buck, fun widebody lots to do.
JD is a nice pick too, just saying

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I like how Betty and Wilma switched sides on this one!

Thats the whole point !

The best translight ever !

#33 10 years ago

I think the people have spoken. Gonna try for a RBION... I'll let everyone know how it goes.. Thanks a bunch everybody!!!

Dan

#34 10 years ago

Flintstones best choice out if the group
DM love those ramps
JD ok game but gets boring after a while
Rbion not a bad game but not that good either

#35 10 years ago

Ripley's???? Had one for about a month couldn't get rid of it fast enough. That game sucks. The pops take up the whole left side of the playfield. Flintstones JD DM then Rbion.

#37 10 years ago

But I don't think the people are done speaking yet with all due respect to the op. 3 more votes for Bedrock!~SpOoKy

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

I think the people have spoken. Gonna try for a RBION... I'll let everyone know how it goes.. Thanks a bunch everybody!!!
Dan

In my opinion, great choice!

#39 10 years ago

They all suck.

For that money you'd be much better off with a Jackbot or Doctor Who.

Of the ones listed I'd go with JD though.

#40 10 years ago

I would go for RBION, because of the depth and toys. Flintstones is fun, but too easy imho. I had JD and DM and both were fun for a little while, but didn't hold my interest for long.

#41 10 years ago

And in a change of events... Flintstones is now the front runner! Little one has no clue what RBION is and likes the flintstones. Potential shorter drive and more comfortable with potential sellers of this game I've talked too. DM was sold so that's off the table. Hopefully Saturday !!!

Thanks
Dan

#42 10 years ago

I've never played Flintstones but love my RBION.

#43 10 years ago

And in a complete 180 I now own a RBION... Thanks all for their 2 cents!

#44 10 years ago

that might be a cool one to own if the price is right

#45 10 years ago

Congrats on the buy!

2 weeks later
#46 10 years ago

RBION= badass fun...

tough pin but real satisfying, and frustrating at the same time...

Watch the PAPA gameplay / tutorial on this game.. i does a very good job of explaining the ruleset, and strategy..

#47 10 years ago

I watched the papa video and realized I really suck at modern pinball. I was getting pretty good at my Williams 3-7 games and now this realization...

#48 10 years ago

I've come to realize Ripley is Lucy and I am Charlie Brown. Atlantis is the football I never kick. No matter how good it seems at the time, Ripley will take away Atlantis before I can kick it. But, I keep trying. Someday I might just connect! Unlike Charlie Brown, I don't usually wind up on my back, and it's really fun every time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-on-these-pins-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.