IMG_0142.JPG
FORCEDISTURBANCE.jpg
spectrum.jpg
P1020167.JPG
P1020170.JPG
P1020161.JPG
P1020160.JPG
P1020162.JPG
There are 654 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 10 years ago

Yep, right around the corner.. In a month or two.. BUT, it's never too early to talk business!

I could bring a ww or fh for trade. Looking for other DMDs, preferably a BSD or TS.

Who's going? What are you bringing?

#2 10 years ago

I've never been to the Ohio show, how does it compare to Chicago?

#3 10 years ago

If I go this year, should I bring my own outhouse?

#4 10 years ago

It's way smaller scale than it's Chicago counterpart. It has a low budget and more of a "swap meet" feel to it. Food and bathrooms are bad but on a positive note they do serve beer! The reason I like it is mainly because it doesn't try to make pinball into something that it is not.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Mantra:

I've never been to the Ohio show, how does it compare to Chicago?

Smells much worse. Probably the same amount of B.O. and ass-dropping but worse air circulation.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The reason I like it is mainly because it doesn't try to make pinball into something that it is not.

What does that mean?

Ohio show has always been a fun trip for me!

#7 10 years ago

Yeah, it's a fun time.

Someone bring me a nice BSD. Please.

#8 10 years ago

Ohio show has way more games to play and way more vendors with used/hard to find parts.

If you want to meet industry people and listen to seminars, go to Chicago.

If you want to play pinball, go to Ohio.

#9 10 years ago

I bought a TSPP there last year!

This year, I'd definitely like to bring a couple machines to sell or trade. I'd definitely jump at the opportunity to buy or trade for:

Joker Poker
Fireball (EM)
Fathom

You know... all those great games that never come up for sale...

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

What does that mean?
Ohio show has always been a fun trip for me!

Here are five things that I do not expect to see at the Ohio Show:

seminars
pinball "investors"
new game announcements/preorder sign ups
hype
rude people

5 reasons I like going to the show. Not saying those things are bad for the hobby, just saying I prefer to avoid them.

#11 10 years ago

Last year's show (technically this year I guess, but whatever) got me hooked on the hobby. I've purchased 4 machines since and I'm itching to get a 5th. It was great to play a variety of pins and see the number of enthusiasts there. The bathrooms were the only real negative as they are in need of a remodel. Maybe a HAZMAT crew.

I'm hoping that if I don't find one before the show, someone has a fair price on a Congo, Getaway, or Bride of Pinbot. Maybe a Dracula, but there's already a request for one a few posts up.

If I can get a shaker motor installed in my f-14, I may bring it up for Free Play so I can contribute to the fun.

#12 10 years ago

Ohio show is way better than Chicago for me. Chicago is full of pin nerds slobbering over the latest releases and wanting to rub elbows with industry people. It is severely disappointing in terms of games to play. I personally just like to play games, talk games and maybe buy and sell some games and the Ohio show is perfect for that. I agree the Ohio show is more like a swap meet whereas the Chicago show is more like a trade show. I look forward to it every year.

#13 10 years ago

I like to root around in the junk piles at the ohio show. I usually come home with some parts. Last year i got a steal of a deal on two project pins as well.

#14 10 years ago

the last ohio show was the best yet. there are great parts for sale as well as games. the tournaments are super as well.
nice hotels nearby, nice restaurants.
there were plenty of games to play last time including all the new sterns.
one of the biggest "sleeper" shows there is.

#15 10 years ago

tmp_20131216_192616-1475339499.jpgtmp_20131216_192616-1475339499.jpgBTW: I'm looking to sell a RS, AP and Pinbot at the Ohio show and to buy a TAF.

RS Pics:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ap8gbpiht233yhm/F1T17JV72y/Road%20Show%20Pinballtmp_20131216_1926161022803891.jpgtmp_20131216_1926161022803891.jpg

#16 10 years ago

I'm probably interested in the AP. I'll look into the show.

#17 10 years ago

Shameless Plug: I will have a nice Stern Lightning there if anyone's interested

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-stern-lightning-project-complete

#18 10 years ago

I have way more fun at the Ohio show then I do the Chicago Expo for all the above reasons. I'm not keen on the three days this year but its still better then no days. Thanks to Mike and Marvin for putting this show on, its a blast !

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#19 10 years ago

the three days this past time brought more people than ever. some people will travel if its more days and more hours. same with pinball at the zoo.

#20 10 years ago

im interested in the stern lightning for sure and will be there, pm me.

#21 10 years ago

Fun show and great people, but man do I wish we had a better location. Certainly the trashiest location for any show I've been too.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

Fun show and great people, but man do I wish we had a better location. Certainly the trashiest location for any show I've been too.

You need something fancy to play pinball?

I'd rather have all the free parking, beer and parts vendors, than some fancy hotel.

#23 10 years ago

Hi everyone just a few new things this year added to the Ohio show.There is going to be a Classic Tournament this year that will end friday night along with are Wizard of Ohio Tournament.For everyone that brings games you will be entered in a drawing for prices and of course you get in Free.There will also be awards for Best of Show pinball, Best Modern pinball, Best of the 90s,Best soild state pinball. Best em pinball. Also vist with pinball Designer & Artist ( Python Anghelo ) all three days. The Buy Sell page on the webb site is now open so you can list games that you are bringing for sale of trade. I want to personally thank everone that comes to the show , and everyone that brings a game or sets up as a vender I know that isnt a easy thing to do its alot of work.Last year we had a 170 games there im shooting for 200 this year to make the 10th anniversary the biggist ohio show yet.

Thank You
Marvin Ortscheid
Mike Pacak
Ohio Pinball Show

#24 10 years ago

Ohio show is my favorite. This will be my fourth trip, great pins to play, great vendors and great people! The promoters to a great job with what they have to work with. I might be bringing a machine or two for free play area as should everyone else who want to see a lot of machines to play.

#25 10 years ago

I may be bringing a Shaq Attaq to trade/sell.

#26 10 years ago

Here is what i know im bringing i will and five or six more.

Tron
Simpsions pinball party
Star Trek Premium
AC DC Premium
Fish takes
t2
Transformers
Sopranos
Rolling Stones
BSD
nba fastbreak
Metallica
Theater of Magic
The Shadow

#27 10 years ago

This has always been my favorite show since I got started in this hobby. I almost always find the odd parts I am looking for and get to play a few machines that I haven't seen before. I'm hoping to bring the Ghostbusters pin to the show this year!

#28 10 years ago

Marvin & Mike do an incredible job on the show and it is a blast every year! Can't wait for this years show!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You need something fancy to play pinball?
I'd rather have all the free parking, beer and parts vendors, than some fancy hotel.

The hall is fine... it's big, plenty of power, reasonably high ceilings so the farts don't linger... It'd be nice to be able to take a piss without needing hip waders though. Maybe get some porta potties??

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from ckorth:

Marvin does and incredible job on the show and it is a blast every year! Can't wait for this years show!

Agreed, Ohio is a good time.... fun show without all the frills (and costs). I need a Gottleib EM lockdown bar, anyone got one to bring/sell?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The hall is fine... it's big, plenty of power, reasonably high ceilings so the farts don't linger... It'd be nice to be able to take a piss without needing hip waders though. Maybe get some porta potties??

Honestly, I just went out to my van and pissed in a bottle when it got too deep.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Honestly, I just went out to my van and pissed in a bottle when it got too deep.

Oh snap sounds like the wife will be staying home for this one.

#33 10 years ago

I really enjoy the Ohio show. Doesn't hurt that it's under 2 hours away either. I think Mike and Marvin do a great job. As several others have mentioned, it's fun digging through the boxes to find something I need.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Mantra:

It's only the men's bathroom that they shit in the urinal and piss the floor.

Women's seems a safe haven.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Mantra:

I'll ask my girlfriend, but I think she said the women's room wasn't wrecked like the men's room. To be fair, there are about 1/20th as many women as men there.

#36 10 years ago

Some good places to eat across the street and a few miles up the road. Altieri's Pizza in Stow, OH might be the best in the state, and a ten minute drive away.

#37 10 years ago

Cant wait, its a great time. I got my WH20 there

#38 10 years ago

I like the new awards for best of machines. I hope it intices people to bring more machines, or maybe some rare machines

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

im interested in the stern lightning for sure and will be there, pm me.

I played it.. Its badass. Looks great too.

#40 10 years ago

The open tournament is going to be a little different this year. Last year it was 8 shadows with qualifying attempts of 2 games for 5 dollars. This year I believe it's herb style qualifying on a number of different games as opposed to just one.

#41 10 years ago

COOL HOPE WE CAN "STRIKE" A DEAL ON IT...THE LIGHTNING THAT IS.

#42 10 years ago

I plan on bringing two games this year. As of right now, I plan on bringing a very nice, clearcoated Eight Ball <SALE NOW PENDING> and a not for sale Hollywood Heat. I am honestly to the point where I don't ever have many games for sale. Cheap ones ($500-$1000) are the pins everyone seems to be looking for these days.

#43 10 years ago

Looking forward to it. Last year was my first year, and my first time at ANY pinball show, and I had a blast. Though I think this year I'll do Thursday and Friday night and leave on Saturday. Last year I did Friday and Saturday night and it seemed like Saturday lost a lot of steam as the day went on. By the time 6PM or so rolled around the show was practically dead. Saturday night was a pretty boring night.

Seriously though, what's up with those bathrooms? GROSS.

Seconding Altieri's pizza. Delicious! Though I didn't know it's carry out only until I got there. Also, the Hamburger Station around the corner was really good. I always like trying new restaurants.

#44 10 years ago

My daughter get on me every year to go to this show and she is now 13. Granted she get out of a day of school but she like the informal feel and everyone is nice to her. She was pestering me last week about it ! Two negative issues- She falls in love with a new game every time and wants me to buy it- Usually a DMD (I am an EM Guy) and even she mentioned that is has a certain smell around the bathrooms. I think she has just has leaned to hold it !

Nice show to go to. I do like the informal feel and vendors.

#45 10 years ago

I always have a lot of fun at this show. It's definitely responsible for getting me back into pinball 4 or 5 years ago (whenever Addams was the tournament game).

Glad that the tournament is expanding to more games and a separate classics format. I know a lot of people were turned off by the one game concept, so this should open it up to a bunch of new players.

I personally like the charm of the crummy venue, but will agree that the bathrooms get pretty rough throughout the day. There has to be a possibility of a custodian keeping things under control throughout the day like they do at PAPA. Speaking of which, that guy is the hardest worker in biz. I always drop him some tips. Marvin, any possibility of getting hiring someone for this? It could help to solve what seems to be everyone's main gripe with the show.

#46 10 years ago

I will likely be Bringing my Scared Stiff, and World Poker Tour this year. Hopefully I can bring one of my restored Caribbean Cruise, or Night Moves Games as well.

#47 10 years ago

The Hotel discount link is now available on the webb site for rooms at the Courtyard Marriott.The rest rooms will be better this year I have been on his A"" about it.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

There has to be a possibility of a custodian keeping things under control throughout the day like they do at PAPA. Speaking of which, that guy is the hardest worker in biz. I always drop him some tips. Marvin, any possibility of getting hiring someone for this? It could help to solve what seems to be everyone's main gripe with the show.

I think they need a plumber first, then the custodian...

#49 10 years ago

What is the date of this Ohio show?

#50 10 years ago

It is going to be taken care of this year . Thanks John that is a good idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 10.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

There are 654 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-show-2014 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.