20220430_095711 (resized).jpg
20230327_185532 (resized).jpg
20230327_191832 (resized).jpg
20230209_031827 (resized).jpg
20230209_031734 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20220526_224112 (resized).jpg
20220526_230439 (1) (resized).jpg
There are 811 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.
#51 10 years ago

My little friend has been guarding the center pop bumper for a while now, just thought I'd share a pic!

DSC_0087.JPGDSC_0087.JPG

#52 10 years ago

ahhh man...

i read the title and was expecting a good `ol moderated d&d adventure in here, like in the BBS days of the 80's.

3 weeks later
#53 10 years ago

image-397.jpgimage-397.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#54 10 years ago

I was having a hard time finding the original for the game so I came up with this? Comments welcome. A little dusty right now due to another project being restored, side stickers for both ends are sitting inside machine right now. I built the cabinet and everything from scratch except for dragon head, the eyes look like their glowing all the time? I survived! Hahaa

#55 10 years ago

That looks freaking sweet. If it could be any cooler, I'de suggest making the bricks on it match the blue of the rest of the machine (and make the dragon red also?) Other than that, better than the original

#56 10 years ago

Sweet!

#57 10 years ago

i love it!!!good job!!

#58 10 years ago

Very nice Hagar! Perhaps as Darkwizard mentioned, the blue blocks and red dragon head, that would make it really stand out.

3 weeks later
#59 9 years ago

Throwing out a life line here. I just picked up my second pinball machine and guess what it is??? Its in dire need of ALOT of tlc. Fortunately it is working but what someone did to it is criminal. I'm getting ready to do a preliminary inspection for replacement parts that need to be ordered immediately and was wondering if there are some common problems with this machine that I should be aware of so I can try and lessen the stress on myself. I'll upload some pictures as I go thru it and any suggestions would be helpful.
Pinball phone 120.JPGPinball phone 120.JPGPinball phone 121.JPGPinball phone 121.JPGPinball phone 122.JPGPinball phone 122.JPGPinball phone 123.JPGPinball phone 123.JPGPinball phone 124.JPGPinball phone 124.JPGPinball phone 125.JPGPinball phone 125.JPGPinball phone 127.JPGPinball phone 127.JPGPinball phone 128.JPGPinball phone 128.JPG

Post edited by Tallon: Added Pics

#60 9 years ago

Tallon,

A very interesting color scheme on that D&D! I think I prefer the original however. It's a fun, but challenging game. Sounds good with external subwoofer!

You need to turn PM's on, I cant send you a message.

Manuals here:
http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=743

Magic save coil #A30-3000
I find them at PBR with a quick search:
http://www.pbresource.com/coilbly.html

#61 9 years ago

I said it was criminal what they did to the machine. Pulled the plunger last night and the original black is underneath. I'm guessing this was an outside pinball for some of its life as the rust is evident around the machine as I'm going thru it. I got half of the playfield stripped last night and I'm pretty sure it was never shopped either. The PF is actually in pretty good shape with no burn thru anywhere yet. Legs are off to powdercoat next week and I'm debating on doing the side rails in black also if I can't get them clean. Thinking I'm going to start a thread in the restore section and document the progress.

#62 9 years ago

Does D&D have an attract sound option? I've tried setting mine at "0" and "1" in the game features menu, and neither seem to have sound during the attract mode. Am I missing something?

I have mine set on freeplay, if that is a factor.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Vongoosewink:

Does D&D have an attract sound option? I've tried setting mine at "0" and "1" in the game features menu, and neither seem to have sound during the attract mode. Am I missing something?
I have mine set on freeplay, if that is a factor.

Mine did before I tore it apart. I have a hard copy of the manual coming in. I'll take a look and see if there is anything in there. The manual is online too if you up for some reading.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC4QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mamechannel.it%2Ffiles_free%2Farcade_manuals_unpacked%2Fdungdrag.pdf&ei=lQ9gU_OrEoHm2AWxooHoDw&usg=AFQjCNH5nZf3wCIUMTq4MpTZQFBZ02jnHQ

And the part manual is:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDQQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Farcarc.xmission.com%2FPinball%2FPDF%2520Pinball%2520Manuals%2520and%2520Schematics%2FDungeons%2520and%2520Dragons%2520-%2520Parts.pdf&ei=lQ9gU_OrEoHm2AWxooHoDw&usg=AFQjCNH54A8lAa0hjKtnUmm7a-Y31raYvw

#64 9 years ago

i d ont have any sound on mine during the attract mode...it is normal?

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan:

i d ont have any sound on mine during the attract mode...it is normal?

I've played with the attract mode setting and never heard anything either. In 5 years. I really wish it did, and many other games!

#66 9 years ago

So my CDO (that's hard core OCD) kicked in while I was waiting for parts to show up and I straightened and cleaned up the Dungeons and Dragons Parts Manual PDF in pinball database. Found a couple different ones as I was looking to print one out (paper just feels better) and none of them were worth hard copying. I cleaned up a bunch of the Xerox crap off the edges and straightened the text and boxes to be square on the pages. It cost $8.50 to get it double sided printed with card stock cover and back and spiral bound. I already submitted it to the Pinball Database but if anyone wants the PDF just let me know (won't let me upload it)

#67 9 years ago

Neat game, I burnt out a flipper coil on one I was testing to buy when I looked at one haha.

#68 9 years ago

Was just going thru the manual and it says that under "featured options" if you select 65 under reset factory you will default to factory settings including attract sound set to 1 or on. Setting it manually to 1 should also "enable or disable the Attract Sound mode while displaying high scores and instructions"

Like I said, I'm pretty sure mine was doing attract before I started cleanup and refresh. I also know part of my sound was not working as I was watching some YouTube of the game and only the sword hits were playing on mine.

3 weeks later
#69 9 years ago

Just got one last week and I'm having an issue with the left magic save coil burning out. It was burnt when I got it, I replaced it and it seemed unresponsive in game. In self solenoid test it stayed energized and started smoking. All other coils fire fine in self test. Wired incorrectly or something else? Also going to need a replacement coil, is there a good substitute for this available from a US distributor?

20140525_145127.jpg20140525_145127.jpg

#70 9 years ago

Seems to be a common problem. Nerbflong gave me these numbers. They are the replacement coil numbers for the save and flippers. As far as heating up, I'm not seeing a EOS switch on mine either so I'm guessing its a coil engaged too long thing. Mine is tore down right now mid restore so I can't help much further then that. I would say keep a couple extra sets on hand and check the solenoid board for bad mosfet? Gotta hit up the experts, I'm spitballing. Congratz on the machine.

A30-3000 for magic save coils

Flipper coils are: 24-570/34-3600

#71 9 years ago

I am in this club. I bought a D&D a few weeks ago. I find the flippers on this game really weak. It is hard to make it up the dragons lair ramp and the ramp with the drop targets. It can be done but only with a perfect shot. Does anyone else find this? I just tore apart the flipper assemblies and cleaned everything, so everything is nice and clean and should be operating perfect. Do you guys put bigger coils for the flippers in your machines? And has someone made an insert decal set for this game yet? I searched but with no luck.

#72 9 years ago

From what I have heard, the lair shot is suppose to be really hard. There was a insert set for the flames floating around a while back, no clue if you can still get. If you find on e let me know

#73 9 years ago

My flippers are very strong so you may need new coils.

The insert set is terrible, the graphics were correct but they were never printed on proper mylar, they were printed with either ink jet or laser overhead transparency paper (with no glue) and the ink disintegrates. The guy who made them suggests clearcoating over the decals but even after doing that they still lose their color and fade. Honestly if you are trying to fix the inserts you're better off free handing it.

#74 9 years ago

I added a few simple 'mods' to improve my D&D machine, I thought I'd show them off here.

The first, I changed the color of the display from orange to red, using some tinted pvc gels. The result came out great, they are a deep blood-red color, but still very bright. The photo does not capture the effect very well though (it lets in too much light, and the red letters look washed out.) Anyway, here are some pics:

DnDPin.jpgDnDPin.jpg DnDPin4.jpgDnDPin4.jpg

The second mod, I wanted to add some 'toys' to the playfield... D&D is all about monsters, so I thought I'd add some classic D&D critters! The first is a Beholder, he's a miniature from the game, removed from the base and mounted on a plastic post that screws into one of the posts on the playfield. It is a pretty cool effect, with the glass on the machine the Beholder looks to be 'floating', and he's firmly wedged between the glass and his plastic post. The ball can roll smoothly right under him and up the top left ramp.

DnDPin2.jpgDnDPin2.jpg

Last, I added another toy, a Carrion Crawler 'bendy toy' from the D&D toy range back in the 1980's. He's pretty cool, he's made of rubber with an internal wire frame - so he can be bent to shape, even his legs. He's climbing over the right ball exit ramp, and a couple of the legs are firmly wedged into the space between the plastic and wire rails, so he stays in place. Like the one above, he doesn't obstruct the ball path through the wireform. Here are some pics of this one:

DnDPin3.jpgDnDPin3.jpgDnDPin5.jpgDnDPin5.jpg

Hope you guys like these.

#75 9 years ago

Ok who wants to give me their topper Vongoosewink??? Come on you know it makes you other machines feel short

#76 9 years ago

Very nice!what is a tinted gels?

#77 9 years ago

They are colored pieces of pvc, used for lighting effects. The ones I used were red, so the orange light shining through them turns red. Here's a link:

http://midwestproducts.com/store/products/products.aspx?cid=cb220968-abe8-4077-a49d-efaf5b1ca690

I used the .010 red.

3 weeks later
#78 9 years ago

hi all, could someone send me or post photos of the right flipper assy please?
So i can see how the double switch should look like, and the wire colors
Same request for the upper flipper.

Seems my upper flipper isn't working , and i bet it's because of this double switch setting with the NO/ NC switches.

Thx in advance, pics soon only 2 lamps not working to investigate beside the flipper problem ^^

#79 9 years ago

Best I can do right now. The machine is in pieces and not sure about the connections, as the wiring harness is in a bucket soaking.Pinball 10 004.JPGPinball 10 004.JPGPinball 10 005.JPGPinball 10 005.JPGPinball 10 007.JPGPinball 10 007.JPGPinball 10 009.JPGPinball 10 009.JPGIMG_0514.JPGIMG_0514.JPGIMG_0536.JPGIMG_0536.JPG

#80 9 years ago

THX ! exactly what i needed.
Btw your pinball looks so clean i'm jealous

#81 9 years ago

Keep in mind, According to the book there is suppose to be a .01uf 500v disc ceramic capacitor on each of the flippers and I have no idea where as there is nothing in the pics. If anyone can enlighten us that would be GREAT!

Copy of the parts manual for D&D

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Farcarc.xmission.com%2FPinball%2FPDF%2520Pinball%2520Manuals%2520and%2520Schematics%2FDungeons%2520and%2520Dragons%2520-%2520Parts.pdf&ei=vqaiU6KMFdWjyATJ2ICYCQ&usg=AFQjCNH54A8lAa0hjKtnUmm7a-Y31raYvw&sig2=GO3p7h99qW8Goz-dHOxOlQ

1 week later
#82 9 years ago

The Can anyone get a pic of EOS assembly on each flipper. Wiring diagram says there is suppose to be a capacitor on each set of blades. It looks like I had them and someone cut them off. He'll, just open the coin door and snap a couple pics please.

#83 9 years ago

I'll try to when i get home. dont recall having seen those ...

nothing here concerning the flippers but you can use it for reference if you need to:
pics of mine:

https://picasaweb.google.com/114806516043497141110/Dungeons?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNzN9b70jJT7vQE&feat=directlink

1 month later
#84 9 years ago

Just picked up a DnD with topper!
It is currently blowing the 6 amp fuse on the power supply.
Any ideas?

#85 9 years ago

Bad rectifier diode, d2
Fixed it!

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Brich:

Just picked up a DnD with topper!
It is currently blowing the 6 amp fuse on the power supply.
Any ideas?

well? where are the pics?

#87 9 years ago

Hello, i want more light on my topper (dragon) there is a 3 bulbs inside, what is the way to go?

#88 9 years ago

replace them with superbrite leds ?

anyone had to reinforce the red standups because its hit too hard when the ball comes from the upper flipper ?

I'm gonna have to put a metal piece linking the 3 standups to absorb and disperse the shock , my center red standup gets bent

#89 9 years ago

Annnnd she's home

0906141202.jpg0906141202.jpg
#90 9 years ago

Your playfield is in good shape? Look at cpr plastic set!

#91 9 years ago

Your killing me

#92 9 years ago

Here are some more pics:

0906142113b.jpg0906142113b.jpg 0906142113c.jpg0906142113c.jpg 0906142113d.jpg0906142113d.jpg 0906142113e.jpg0906142113e.jpg 0906142113f.jpg0906142113f.jpg 0906142113g.jpg0906142113g.jpg 0906142008.jpg0906142008.jpg 0906142008a.jpg0906142008a.jpg 0906142008b.jpg0906142008b.jpg 0906142113.jpg0906142113.jpg 0906142113a.jpg0906142113a.jpg
#93 9 years ago

Pros:
Plays Great
Topper there and functioning
Picked up for a deal
Pf in VERY good shape
Minimal to no fading

Cons:
Incorrect flipper bats
Some "touch up" on cab
Upper flipper sticks up sometimes
Wear on upper right PF

Overall I'm Super happy.

#94 9 years ago

great shape!i change my flipper for ribbed like original,little bit longer and its more easy to play.i didnt find a yellow(back order),i found a white and just paint it with testor spray bottle.and i change my startdungeons 005.JPGdungeons 005.JPGdungeons 004.JPGdungeons 004.JPG and flipper button.

#95 9 years ago

Anyone ever use DnD as a tourney game? Only problem I can think of is it might be a little easy.

#96 9 years ago

too easy? you gotta learn how to use the magic saves, and the game is quite fast you gotta be careful its often " flip=> blue target=> yellow target=>instant drain"

I wouldnt qualify DnD as an easy game, but maybe i'm a poor player.

you can increase difficulty by setting magic save on manual, and one or two tweaks in the settings.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from archaik:

too easy? you gotta learn how to use the magic saves, and the game is quite fast you gotta be careful its often " flip=> blue target=> yellow target=>instant drain"
I wouldnt qualify DnD as an easy game, but maybe i'm a poor player.
you can increase difficulty by setting magic save on manual, and one or two tweaks in the settings.

I totally agree with this. The magic save button is deseptive, forget about it for a second and your toast. Plus by tweaking the game settings you can increase the cool down time for the magic save button. Having to wait a second or two before being able to use it again sucks, a bad bounce can cause a ball drain...and there's nothing you can do about it. Then with further tweaking the settings you can adjust the amount of time that the magic save stays active, for beginners have it set to stay on for a second or two. For pro players you set the active time to only .25 if a second. Hit it to soon, yor toast. Hit it to late and the outcome is no better.

If your ball times are to long, then change these settings.

#98 9 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I'll try those.

1 month later
#99 9 years ago

Can anyone tell me the correct spring for the shooter rod in this game?

#100 9 years ago

I d ont know...what is your problem about?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 811 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-dungeons-and-dragons-dd-club-all-welcome/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.