(Topic ID: 14247)

NO TROLLING!

By sb80

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Trolling.jpg
    lock.gif
    horses-butt.jpg
    salma-hayek.jpg
    troll.jpg
    th_Uncle_Fester.gif
    arsenioyouscared.gif
    images.jpeg
    feedme-featured.png
    Hydra.jpg
    There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #53 12 years ago

hmmmmm.......? tin man

#56 12 years ago

In before the lock.

#59 12 years ago

no I need to keep this topic open

#61 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

no I need to keep this topic open

We've established that.. but as 99% of the users on this thread are NOT admin. We are unable to close.

#64 12 years ago

OOO. Handbags at dawn?...

I see you're still making loads of new friends, BVM???......

Why dont you just give it up? We all know you could charm the t*ts off a donkey...

#65 12 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

I'm sorry if I misunderstood but seeing as nearly all of your previous posts have been trying to belittle me I assumed you were trying again.
    I've got plenty of UK pinball contacts already thanks. They're all trolls too btw.

Shame that fella. Theres still some good guys about.....*ahem*

#66 12 years ago

I was trying to get back to pinball. He is near you and said nobody calls him. I am in Alaska (see location listed) and you guys in the UK are closer to the guys on the east coast than I am. Hard for me to make it.

Quoted from chocky909:

I've got plenty of UK pinball contacts

On that note, do you know David Blake? He is a great guy. He helped me with my CP and NGG when I first go started in pinball. He is a great guy.

#69 12 years ago

As someone who gets told they are too negative, price police, trolling, etc. even I think this thread should be locked.

Pinside isn't rgp, but at the same time there seem to be some very differing opinions on what it should be. Some people want an all positive, heavily moderated forum that is family friendly and kid safe. Others want to be able to discuss/debate/argue and let things get heated. Still others want it to be an adult playground with all the nsfw content that goes with it.

Its robin's sandbox let him decide what he wants it to be. This no trolling thread appears to have turned into a lovely round of finger pointing which isn't doing anyone any good.

#70 12 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

OOO. Handbags at dawn?...
    I see you're still making loads of new friends, BVM???......
    Why dont you just give it up? We all know you could charm the t*ts off a donkey...

#71 12 years ago

YAWN.. By that I do not mean You'll Never Walk Alone (Liverpool FC well know phrase)

#72 12 years ago

Deeeeerailed!!!!

#78 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I think we need an option to be able to ignore individual posters, like they have on most other moderated forums I frequent. I guess we need the ability to block PMs from individuals, too, in order to avoid harassment and abuse in private.

Agreed.

#79 12 years ago

Alright Alright I am the troll and I have a siamese twin.

Come on guys opinions are opinions just be respectful and tactful as much as possible.

I have read back at a couple of my random posts and have seen some that have a high potential for misinterpretation.

I am sure most posts are meant to be a joke or some light fun or simply people trying to give there opinion. But alot of people are taking every statement as a personal attack.

Note: People are alot different in things like personality, humor and just generally speaking people skills.
    I don't think even the people being called trolls most of them don't think they are.
    I don't either.
    I just think that alot of people are quick to draw conclusions and others are just quick to post what is on there mind and then ........ BOOM.

I am definately the one to just simply write what is on my mind.
    And from time to time it makes me play damage control but such is the nature of the beast.

We can all get along without having Robin moderate us can't we?

I will start

I love pinside and all of its users opinions good or bad!

Ultimately that is the honest truth. The thing that makes forums good is diversity not seeing eye to eye with every last person you come in to contact with on the internet. We can all try to keep that in mind when reading future posts.

#80 12 years ago

I agree, comments can and are taken out of context sometimes.

#81 12 years ago
    Quoted from BVM:

I'm off to Amsterdam in May.
    I'll be with a Stag do & in & around the Coffee Shops.
    People call me Reedy.

Tons of pinball to be played in Amsterdam.

#85 12 years ago

Why are some people trying to burn bridges so fast? Wouldn't that make it harder next time you need some tech help? or want to buy or sell something? I just hope all this negativity does not drive away people that have valuable input or can really offer something. Almost all of my tech problems have been solved by helpful pinsiders. When I was looking for a replacment plastic one time a pinsider sent me one for FREE! that is what makes this site great.

#86 12 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Why are some people trying to burn bridges so fast? Wouldn't that make it harder next time you need some tech help? or want to buy or sell something? I just hope all this negativity does not drive away people that have valuable input or can really offer something. Almost all of my tech problems have been solved by helpful pinsiders. When I was looking for a replacment plastic one time a pinsider sent me one for FREE! that is what makes this site great.

Your correct Steve. I believe it all comes from being bored, mad at the wife, mad at boss/work, etc.,etc. But your right, "Dont bite the hand that feeds you!!"

#87 12 years ago

Well, the good news for me is that my new TZ backglass/poster came from Bay Area Amusements and the red clock housing and mini gumball have shipped.

Just for the record, "trolling" is when we intentionally try to piss off each other with our comments.

#88 12 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

It depends on where you are in the hobby. Honestly speaking when I need help with something it is usually something really esoteric and the last few times the help I received was worthless. It isn't because people are unwilling to help. The trouble is there is some stuff that just isn't that well known. Whitestar/Sam board repair can be very difficult because of this. I would imagine Capcom, Alvin G, and spinball would fall into this category as well.

At this point anything bally/williams/DE is a simple matter of going to clays guides, or digging through rgp because you have 20 years of people needing help.

Please note I say this not because I know it all, but rather I have been doing this long enough to know where to look for answers. Most of the people coming on here for help are not asking anything that cannot be found using a google search. Alot of times they are first time owners or its one of their first big repairs. This hobby has a very steep learning curve and given a couple years they will probably be to the point I am at. Then again it really depends on if you want to spend an hour or two digging through the archives or just asking a question and hoping someone responds.

#89 12 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Salma and a Troll!!

Which one is Salma???

#90 12 years ago

The one with the dark hair...

#91 12 years ago

Ahhhh.... the one on the left then, thanks!!

#92 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Then again it really depends on if you want to spend an hour or two digging through the archives or just asking a question and hoping someone responds.

Installing the balls in BBB. I googled. I went through RGP. I went to old specific BBB sites. Nada, bupkis. Posted here and LT was on it within, well it was fast. I always google first, but maybe I should come here first. Another example, the cliffy on RBION. I looked at it hard but could not see a way to do it from the top. Posted questions here and got walked through it, sure enough have to at least loosen the assembly below the playfield (btw I have not finished this yet, i got distracted) . For me, and yes I am truly a newbie, coming here is faster plus you get footnotes to go with the instructions. I do get that someone asking an experienced pinhead for help with a cliffy is not only trivial but I could see you getting annoyed with the issue being repeated. There is this - I won't ever have to ask about those issues again and could pass it on someday.

#93 12 years ago

Thats Diego =-)

#94 12 years ago

Gambit3113 is bang on the money with this one I'm afraid.

#95 12 years ago

Can someone ban BVM (Pinballparadise) already... the guy has the same broken English as before, same insulting tendencies as before, same PM'ing issues, and is a polluting almost every thread.

Every closed thread as of late has been because of him. It’s annoying seeing his crap in every thread.

#96 12 years ago

Lock Warning!

lock.giflock.gif

#97 12 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

BVM said:I'm off to Amsterdam in May.
    I'll be with a Stag do & in & around the Coffee Shops.
    People call me Reedy.
    Tons of pinball to be played in Amsterdam.

Where?

#98 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Every closed thread as of late has been because of him.

Wrong!

#99 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Please note I say this not because I know it all, but rather I have been doing this long enough to know where to look for answers. Most of the people coming on here for help are not asking anything that cannot be found using a google search. Alot of times they are first time owners or its one of their first big repairs. This hobby has a very steep learning curve and given a couple years they will probably be to the point I am at. Then again it really depends on if you want to spend an hour or two digging through the archives or just asking a question and hoping someone responds.

I am asking this because I would really like to know. Based on your statement, Why are you here then?

It sounds like you do not think you need help and you tend to talk down to those who ask for it.

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-trolling/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.