NIB Ironman Question

Started 1 year ago by biglaw in forum All PinballAll Pinball.


Forum » All Pinball » Topic

NIB Ironman Question


Topic summary

  • Started 1 year ago by biglaw
  • 17 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Allibaster

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs





Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    just wondering did ironman pro come predrilled with nuts for shaker and holes for board out of the box


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Mine did.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    My 1st one didnt


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Interesting, mine didn't.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Mine didn't


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Had to drill them myself.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Had to drill mine


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Had to drill mine, but the shaker came with t nuts and a drilling template. Very easy to install.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Allibaster said:

    Mine did.

    I'll have to check the build date when I get home, but I'm sure is was a later model.

    It also seemed to have a larger nylon spacer on the right ramp from an earlier Iron Man I played. The spacer appears to be a fix to keep it from draining when not making all the way up the ramp.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Mine did not come with pre-drill either (first run). Be carefull with the t nuts in the MDF... if you dont line up the screw properly those suckers will rip right through.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Mine did (later run)


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Mine came with the holes, one of the last runs, maybe the last run Stern did.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Mine is not drilled, but it does have the right ramp protector.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Nup, mine was one of the first ones made
    no holes, crappy right ramp, no whips in Whiplash's hands


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Had to drill mine.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    PopBumperPete said:

    Nup, mine was one of the first ones made
    no holes, crappy right ramp, no whips in Whiplash's hands

    No whips??? WTF happened there


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    ok just checking it a last run i guess went to install the shaker and holes were already there with nuts and pilot holes for board. thanks for the replys and info


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    PopBumperPete said:

    crappy right ramp

    Does anyone know what was done to "fix" this issue? I very clearly remember playing one that had a ramp like this - I honestly didn't mind it that much - and then I remember people saying that it had been "fixed", but I have never seen any comparisons to explain what was done differently. I would figure a new mold would have cost a lot, so... I'd love to know what was done here.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    goatdan said:

    PopBumperPete said:crappy right ramp
    Does anyone know what was done to "fix" this issue? I very clearly remember playing one that had a ramp like this - I honestly didn't mind it that much - and then I remember people saying that it had been "fixed", but I have never seen any comparisons to explain what was done differently. I would figure a new mold would have cost a lot, so... I'd love to know what was done here.

    No idea what the Stern fix was but Pinball Life sells a kit for like $0.85 that replaces the right plastic post with a fatter rubber one and a rubber ring at the bottom of it. Works like a champ and is a must have for this game considering how many half ramp shots you make over the course of a game.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I don't know if the ramp changed at all, but Stern finally added a metal protector there. Cliffy sells one if yours doesn't have it.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    jayhawkai said:

    I don't know if the ramp changed at all, but Stern finally added a metal protector there. Cliffy sells one if yours doesn't have it.

    The problem with that ramp protector is it would push the ball further away from the post thus negating the ramp post fix. I don't see the need for a ramp protector on th right side of the ramp since that side of the ramp is protected by the post. Once I took that protector off the larger size rubber sleeve on the post stopped all my STDM drains on half ramp shots.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    smassa said:

    jayhawkai said:I don't know if the ramp changed at all, but Stern finally added a metal protector there. Cliffy sells one if yours doesn't have it.
    The problem with that ramp protector is it would push the ball further away from the post thus negating the ramp post fix. I don't see the need for a ramp protector on th right side of the ramp since that side of the ramp is protected by the post. Once I took that protector off the larger size rubber sleeve on the post stopped all my STDM drains on half ramp shots.

    After playing my friends IM and witnessing his ramp being shattered at the entry point by a slung ball from a magnet during multiball I brought a right ramp protector for my IM. Sterns ramps are pretty cheap and thin which is probably why we have heard alot of reports of ramps on tron's being cracked etc, either way exposed plastic whether it has a post or target directly in front of it or not wont be protected by a ball coming at it sideways.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    My IM did not have a right ramp protector so I bought one from Cliffy. I put a slight bend in the protector where it mounts to the post so that it nudges unsuccessful shots out and not SDTM. It basically does the same thing as installing the larger post rubber from PBL.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    stangbat said:

    My IM did not have a right ramp protector so I bought one from Cliffy. I put a slight bend in the protector where it mounts to the post so that it nudges unsuccessful shots out and not SDTM. It basically does the same thing as installing the larger post rubber from PBL.

    THIS. Works great, and no shattered ramp. The protector is a must...


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    +1 Cliffy....... Two birds one stone.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    goatdan said:

    PopBumperPete said:crappy right ramp
    Does anyone know what was done to "fix" this issue? I very clearly remember playing one that had a ramp like this - I honestly didn't mind it that much - and then I remember people saying that it had been "fixed", but I have never seen any comparisons to explain what was done differently. I would figure a new mold would have cost a lot, so... I'd love to know what was done here.

    I believe it is the same fix Pinball Life offers: a larger plastic sleeve. That's it.



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple