NGG VALUE?

Started 1 year ago by PINBELL in forum MarketBuying advice.


Forum » Market » Buying advice » Topic

NGG VALUE?


Topic summary

  • Started 1 year ago by PINBELL
  • 21 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from proscript

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs





Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



    PINBELL

    Pinball master
    3,467,650 4
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    Pinside says NGG is worth 3900-4600. Is it? Usually, pinside values are low!


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    $3,499.00 maybe another $1k for HUO?

    ebay.com link » Ws

    Routed non CQ 8/10 from a CA seller with good feedback on a Nascar pin & DDR arcade.

    Then again he has -feedback for a $1.26 item.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    in NYC..

    $5,000,000,000 USD

    it truly is a fun lawler pin.

    -jon


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    Not sure what the current market is, but I wouldn't let mine go for under 3 grand.


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,276,873 3
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    It is definitely a title that is on the rise.

    Rightly so in my opinion.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    RobT said:

    It is definitely a title that is on the rise.

    Rightly so in my opinion.

    Absolutely, fantastic pin, Plaw rocks!!


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    I wouldn't pay much attention to that $3,500 auction since it was relisted, then pulled.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    Hmmm

    How about $3,000.00? Its too damn far from GA though so no dice. Still a decent indicator of what people list a NGG for? Maybe?

    Pics are crap though, might want to get high res ones sent to your email. The dude is trying too hard to sell with words vs pics = no way I would buy this one via shipping!

    ebay.com link » No Good Gofers Pinball Machine By Williams In Pristine Condition Sweet Pin


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    jayhawkai

    I like your Avatar, nice.

    This is crapping up a thread here but I hired an artist to make a giant 4*5 hand painted replica.

    Have yet to frame it though


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    Nice! I chose this mostly because it looked like the default Pinside 1.0 Avatar. Also, I enjoyed the remake of Thomas Crown Affair. I don't actually know anything about art.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    is ngg gonna be the next afm mb ect ect ????? last plaw wms game


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    Here Jay: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=rene+magritte&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1920&bih=936&pdl=300&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=uEPUT-mYJouc8QTxnNC0Aw

    It was rene magritte's mock of a self portrait (so "they" say)

    Anyway, to the OP a NGG is tough to price... you should paint instead


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    I would not sell mine for under $3k, family loves that one.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    tpn2011 said:

    is ngg gonna be the next afm mb ect ect ????? last plaw wms game

    Doubt it....but it could be a 4-5k pin in the near future. Fun game but still a step below the likes of MM, AFM & MB.


    Billmelater

    Senior pinhead
    408,000 2
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    Truly underrated game. Spinning disk, 2 ramps, 3 flippers, 2 pop up gophers, slam ramp, cannon type shot from the bunker. It would be expensive to reproduce in todays market, so I am not surprised that it is on the rise. The hole in one shot is one of the most satisfying shots in Pinball.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    I believe the game is substantially underappreciated. While not in the AFM, MB, MM tier, it is clearrly in the TOM, CV, SS tier. Underpriced. But screw the price... it is a wicked fun game.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    Not only is it a great game, but its production run was very low, I think 2711. How many do you think are still left? 2000 maybe? Just a guess.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    I think the OP should ignore the 2 machines for $3k & just pay or charge $5000 since its such a rare low production undervalued awesome pin that's such a keeper with much flow & depth. Pinside estimates are only half of the machines value anyway.

    Shazaam!

    Being silly of course


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,276,873 3
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    docscott said:

    I believe the game is substantially underappreciated. While not in the AFM, MB, MM tier, it is clearrly in the TOM, CV, SS tier. Underpriced. But screw the price... it is a wicked fun game.

    I think that is a very good comparison in terms of where NGG should be grouped (with the exception of CV). I think NGG is as good (or close enough to as good) as ToM and SS that it should be priced similar to those titles. My guess is that the theme is what some people don't care for? Doesn't make sense to me if that's the case, the theme works great!

    Squeakman said:

    Not only is it a great game, but its production run was very low, I think 2711. How many do you think are still left? 2000 maybe? Just a guess.

    Wow, I had no idea that so few were made! If this is accurate, I really don't understand how this doesn't sell for more.

    My HUO is in great shape and isn't going anywhere for awhile. Too much fun!!


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    I think it comes down to theme and no wizard mode that has kept this title low on the price scale.

    Billmelater said:

    Spinning disk, 2 ramps, 3 flippers, 2 pop up gophers, slam ramp, cannon type shot from the bunker.

    Exactly, it has just about everything, great design, excellent shots, sounds, call outs, this game is a complete winner and took me by surprise. Simply fantastic.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    Pinballwizard79 said:

    I think the OP should ignore the 2 machines for $3k & just pay or charge $5000 since its such a rare low production undervalued awesome pin that's such a keeper with much flow & depth. Pinside estimates are only half of the machines value anyway.
    Shazaam!
    Being silly of course

    LMAO! I think the Shazaam! word will actually take off from that "other thread" most won't read. I was thinking it reading what people were saying in this thread. Hilarious stuff, I'll make a gif for it.


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,276,873 3
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    Pin_Crazed said:

    I think it comes down to theme and no wizard mode that has kept this title low on the price scale.

    It has a wizard mode: Hole in One Challenge.

    What's your definition of wizard mode?


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    Yes but not at the 18th hole, so it is a let down sort of to get there and it just starts over. I do not mind, however I have seen player complaints about the lack of wizard mode at the end of 18. Always was silly to me as 18 holes is pretty hard to achieve.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    TigerLaw said:

    LMAO! I think the Shazaam! word will actually take off from that "other thread" most won't read. I was thinking it reading what people were saying in this thread. Hilarious stuff, I'll make a gif for it.

    I read about this and cannot find the thread - help me out please D:. I wanna know the meaning :D.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    NewPinOwner said:

    I read about this and cannot find the thread - help me out please D:. I wanna know the meaning :D.

    "4k lotr vs overpriced forum members" is the name of the other thread. Fits this one to the T.


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,276,873 3
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    Pin_Crazed said:

    Yes but not at the 18th hole, so it is a let down sort of to get there and it just starts over. I do not mind, however I have seen player complaints about the lack of wizard mode at the end of 18. Always was silly to me as 18 holes is pretty hard to achieve.

    I agree, I haven't got to 18 holes myself, but if I ever do it would be nice to know that there was an addition/different wizard mode waiting for me.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    i have made it to 18 nothing happens just start back at hole 1 kind of a let down but all in all a very fun game with great shots !!


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    I have made it to 17, it kinda makes sense they put the WM at the end of 9 holes as most players would never make it to 18. Don't matter to me, the game is awesome, I could care less about the WM at 9 or 18. I love playing the game, just fereaking fun!!


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    tpn2011 said:

    i have made it to 18 nothing happens just start back at hole 1 kind of a let down but all in all a very fun game with great shots !!

    That is the only complaint I can see as to why this game remains under the radar,

    Ranked 31 --> No Good Gofers
    Williams, 1997 – 233 ratings – 59 comments

    Ranked 24 -->Guns N' Roses
    Data East, 1994 – 223 ratings – 51 comments

    Makes no sense to me, but to each his own


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    Still an awsome game i will prob be letting mine go soon as i need a change im pretty limited to space 1 or 2 pins top and need something new and fresh but none the less gophers is an amazing game !!!!!!!!!plaw needs to come back and bring us a new game !!!!!


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    I would say anywhere between $2k and $3k for a NGG. I had one like a year and a half ago and had to beg to get $1800 out of it. There was one in Minnesota last year I think that they couldn't even get $1600 out of it. Prices have risen since then but anything over $3k seems crazy for a NGG unless it's in stellar condition. Its curse is that it's a sports theme, and sports games just aren't popular.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    Billmelater said:

    Truly underrated game. Spinning disk, 2 ramps, 3 flippers, 2 pop up gophers, slam ramp, cannon type shot from the bunker. It would be expensive to reproduce in todays market, so I am not surprised that it is on the rise. The hole in one shot is one of the most satisfying shots in Pinball.

    It actually has 3 ramps plus the slam ramp.
    Ramps elevate to reveal lock shots.
    At least 10 major shots, not counting shots to the gophers or lock shots.
    6 looping shots.

    It never feels like you are doing the same thing over and over. Tremendous variety. Wickedly fast and fun. Get one while they are still relatively affordable.

    Shawn


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    taylor34, I'd venture to say, at least on the west coast you won't touch a NGG for under 3000-3500. I am seeing these games sell for more and more lately.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    3k is where they are getting to. Nice HUO should fetch 4K


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    taylor34 said:

    There was one in Minnesota last year I think that they couldn't even get $1600 out of it.

    I do not recall this machine, I would have been all over it I watch pretty closely and I have only seen two publicly available in the last three years locally and they were both over 2.2k. I know one of them did sell for that to a friend of mine. $1600 would have been an amazing deal here 2-3 years ago for a NGG unless it was blown out. They do not seem to be available very often anywhere.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    I saw one sell at Allentown for 3800 and it was average condition. There are not very many of them as I don't see them for sale often.

    Congo's are even rarer as a similar number were made and many got parted out for their boards, hence the recent price jump on Congo's.


    NM

    Pinball master
    1,939,550 2
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    Put simply, this is a great game.

    If you want one, I'd recommend finding the nicest example you can (for the best price you can negotiate--before prices get any higher).


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    Billmelater said:

    The hole in one shot is one of the most satisfying shots in Pinball.

    That is true for me as well.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    I think the prices are easily mid threes now. condition, as always, being key.


    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

    I just picked up a good condition, routed NGG for $2100 in Florida.



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple