f_playrm.jpg
Screen-Shot-2012-10-10-at-8.38.48-AM1..jpg
Addams_Fetido_01.JPG
Addams_Fetido_03.JPG
Addams_Fetido_01.JPG
Addams_mods_01.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Anybody see the new Fester mod on Ebay?
Yeah, a bit pricy, but looks better than the original one, whose arms never even touched the chair....

Addams_mods_01.JPGAddams_mods_01.JPG Addams_Fetido_01.JPGAddams_Fetido_01.JPG Addams_Fetido_03.JPGAddams_Fetido_03.JPG

#2 11 years ago

He is rather evil looking.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Looks cool, and pricey, but hey, it's only pinball!
... Updated For easy finding ...
ebay.com link: ADDAMS FAMILY PINBALL UNCLE FESTER pinball mod
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#4 11 years ago

Link no longer good. Too bad. Looks pretty good.

#5 11 years ago

How much was it?

#7 11 years ago

Some arcing between the two wires during play would have been a nice touch

#8 11 years ago

i paid $50 for mine, i consider $140 a ripoff

#9 11 years ago

Wow, pricey. But pretty cool.

#10 11 years ago

This guy makes his mods from plasticine and then casts them in resin. Plasticine is some of the hardest clay to work with as it's extremely fragile and responds to the slightest bump or touch. I give major props to this guy as that is the nicest detail work I've ever seen with this material. I bought some of his mods just to examine the work that went into them and it's very impressive.

#11 11 years ago

Definitely better detail than the first one, and more appropriate. I bought the first one a year ago, it's still new in the bag, think I may dump it, and get this one.

ebay.com link: ADDAMS FAMILY PINBALL UNCLE FESTER pinball mod

Addams_Fetido_01.JPGAddams_Fetido_01.JPG Screen-Shot-2012-10-10-at-8.38.48-AM1..jpgScreen-Shot-2012-10-10-at-8.38.48-AM1..jpg

#12 11 years ago

Does the new one light up in some way

#13 11 years ago

a hundred forty for a piece of plastic........

f_playrm.jpgf_playrm.jpg

#14 11 years ago

a hundred forty for a piece of plastic....

th_Uncle_Fester.gifth_Uncle_Fester.gif

#15 11 years ago

The "new" mod has been out for about three years now.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

a hundred forty for a piece of plastic........

Have you ever tried to shape this material let alone clay in general? I guess you don't consider hard work to be worth anything at all.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

Have you ever tried to shape this material let alone clay in general? I guess you don't consider hard work to be worth anything at all.

Well, when all is said and done it is $140 for a "toy" that is similar to something at the toy store. I think the point being is that we are trained more towards mass produced toys at walmart. Yes, this guy did it a harder and more time consuming way, but is the end product 10x better than a toy at walmart?

The point is, this is still just a molded plastic toy for $140. I'm not knocking his work, fester looks good. I am just pointing out why $140 is being considered high.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I bet someone with talent could replace the wires he's holding with fiber or something with a glowing tip similar to some of the xmas decorations you see these days.

#19 11 years ago

That would be pretty neat and if the seller made it like that I'd be tempted at 140

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

No the "new" one does not light up like the other

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I bet someone with talent could replace the wires he's holding with fiber or something with a glowing tip similar to some of the xmas decorations you see these days.

Or even REAL wires would've been better. Frayed ends and all.

Quoted from pinballsmith:

Sure, the initial work was hard, but now he uses a mold to be able replicate it hundreds of times. So yes, I agree, $140 is wayyyy too much. Especially, if I'm going to "fix" it and put real wires in it to make it look more accurate. This one doesn't even light up! Painted fiber optic wire to a light piggybacked from the chair lights, how hard is that?

Plasticine isn't too big a pain to work with. Hell, James May had an entire garden made out of the stuff for an episode of his Toy Stories series. Isn't it called Play-Doh here in the states?

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

The "new" mod has been out for about three years now.

Yeah, I remember back when these used to go for much cheaper, I was back and forth between this and the one with the bulb in his mouth. For me, I liked the light bulb interaction with the pin and the figure itself has a goofier and more fitting look than the serious look of this one.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

i paid $50 for mine, i consider $140 a ripoff

$140 is a MAJOR rip off.
Its nice but a buck forty, seriously?
Make it an even $200 if you are going to over price it go all out.

#24 11 years ago

i like the uncle lester lighted bulb in mouth . pinball pro. 80 bucks.

#26 11 years ago

Kind of funny, I sold an item on Ebay yesterday, the bidder is in Spain. He ran the bidding up, won, then decided to ask tons of questions and wanted to back out of the purchase.

#27 11 years ago

For a mod on a machine like TAF, a price of $140 is to be expected.............Not smart, but to be expected. If he dropped his price to $125, he would sell 2 times more and if he went to $100, he would sell 4 times more. In comparison, look at how much other people want for a $7 Hasbro toy with an LED in the chest, eyes, arm etc.

#28 11 years ago

Cue Gomez saying "GREED"!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

In fact he was really smug and a jerk about it. It ruined them for me. There is no way I can get these now.

Same here on the TZ rocket mod.

#31 11 years ago

That is the perfect candidate for 3D printing or replicator copy (for size).
I admire the guy's skill and creativity but choke on the price regardless what title its made for.

Its similar to piracy and copyright knock off's. If the people priced the original wares at a better level they would sell more and virtually wipe out the piracy market. The same holds true for this mod.

Hopefully someone in China orders a few.......

http://singularityhub.com/2012/09/26/makerbots-3d-printer-replicator-2-is-larger-faster-sleeker/

#33 11 years ago

how was the rocket fastened to the cloud of smoke, what material is the rocket made of?

#36 11 years ago

I like the chair with the light bulb mod better. Goes well with the game and makes it more fun. This mod is nice but it doesn't belong in the chair. Needs light of some kind to interact with the game.

#38 11 years ago

Looks great!

#39 11 years ago

The newer Fester mod is screaming for an el wire mod to light up that live wire

4 weeks later
#40 11 years ago

Had mine for a while now and have put some EL wire on it.

At the moment the wires are powered through a converter attached to the bookcase motor.

But I am currently working on getting a another driver to allow it to be connected to the flasher lamps on THE POWER!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#41 11 years ago

Ooops! I meant this one!

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 year later
#42 10 years ago

Probably asked before, but where can I get this version of the Uncle Fester mod?

#43 10 years ago

seems that either hes in the middle of a run, or has maybe stopped selling them. he does a good cousin it as well.
i have both. lot more realistic than the one with the light bulb. looks nothing like fester to be honest. i guess you could email him on whats happening.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

That is the perfect candidate for 3D printing or replicator copy (for size).
I admire the guy's skill and creativity but choke on the price regardless what title its made for.
Its similar to piracy and copyright knock off's. If the people priced the original wares at a better level they would sell more and virtually Wipe Out the piracy market. The same holds true for this mod.
Hopefully someone in China orders a few.......
http://singularityhub.com/2012/09/26/makerbots-3d-printer-replicator-2-is-larger-faster-sleeker/

well thats his price he puts on it.. for his time and effort. all figures he has made, they have sold... so he didnt exactly have any problem selling them.

1 month later
#45 9 years ago

Is this mod still for sale somewhere?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-uncle-fester-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.