Spinner #11 (resized).jpg
Spinner #10 (resized).jpg
Spinner #9 (resized).jpg
Spinner #8 (resized).jpg
Spinner #7 (resized).jpg
Spinner #6 (resized).jpg
Spinner #5 (resized).jpg
Spinner #4 (resized).jpg
There are 556 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
#1 10 years ago

I have been working on this (parts wise) for about three weeks.
Now its to the point I can show it off. This mod isn't for those that are not willing to mod their plastics. Few shots and a vid attached.

metallica_chrome_update_007.JPGmetallica_chrome_update_007.JPG metallica_chrome_update_008.JPGmetallica_chrome_update_008.JPG metallica_chrome_update_009.JPGmetallica_chrome_update_009.JPG metallica_chrome_update_010.JPGmetallica_chrome_update_010.JPG metallica_chrome_update_011.JPGmetallica_chrome_update_011.JPG metallica_chrome_update_012.JPGmetallica_chrome_update_012.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Are they integrated to scoring? I am interested...

#3 10 years ago

Do they make that cool drum role sound

#4 10 years ago

Awesome!

Now you just need to mod the rom with the drumroll sound from the LE ...

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Awesome!
Now you just need to mod the rom with the drumroll sound from the LE ...

Bingo

Re- watch vid. They are tied into scoring and yes they make the bass drum roll.
For some reason the chip is keeping track of the scores but not as fast of a response from the sound clip. I hooked my sub to low and turned down the upper speakers to try to capture the bass drum- but you cant hear it well on the vid.

I tried use the spinner wiring to mirror the prem-le and it didnt work so I went a different way with it. If someone could just turn on those switches and get those sound bites on we are golden.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I have been working on this (parts wise) for about three weeks.
Now its to the point I can show it off. This mod isn't for those that are not willing to mod their plastics. Few shots and a vid attached.
» YouTube video

wow, looks great, definitely interested

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Bingo
Re- watch vid. They are tied into scoring and yes they make the bass drum roll.
For some reason the chip is keeping track of the scores but not as fast of a response from the sound clip. I hooked my sub to low and turned down the upper speakers to try to capture the bass drum- but you cant hear it well on the vid.
I tried use the spinner wiring to mirror the prem-le and it didnt work so I went a different way with it. If someone could just turn on those switches and get those sound bites on we are golden.

How did you modify the rom for scoring and sound?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How did you modify the rom for scoring and sound?

Ancient Chinese Secrete

No really is simple on rom modify yet....working on it.
This is a simple tap in.

#9 10 years ago

So the modified rom would be included with the spinner mod and updated as Stern releases updated code?

#10 10 years ago

"New - Pinball HKD Metallica Pro with add on Spinners"

My post was just to show off the concept being added back to the game.
I may have confused some because I sell a bunch of mods. All of the parts used are off the shelf Stern parts. If I could somehow get into the code and turn on the switches and le sound bite that would be something to sell as a package.

At this point it is just showing it can an has been done....this set up both scores and has a sound reaction mirroring as best I can (so far) the LE- Prem.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

"New - Pinball HKD Metallica Pro with add on Spinners"
My post was just to show off the concept being added back to the game.
I may have confused some because I sell a bunch of mods. All of the parts used are off the shelf Stern parts. If I could somehow get into the code and turn on the switches and le sound bite that would be something to sell as a package.
At this point it is just showing it can an has been done....this set up both scores and has a sound reaction mirroring as best I can (so far) the LE- Prem.

Thanks for the info Hooked. Great stuff.

#12 10 years ago

Damn Hooked you are making it tough to dislike you lately lol

I thought about adding spinners & wiring them into a nearby switch of some sort for fuel modes

Put I haven't bought a MET yet

Glad to see you doing this, keep it up!

#13 10 years ago

count me in when its done!

#14 10 years ago

Im in as well....SPINNERS!

#15 10 years ago

Spinners are for everyone. Baskets too... wrong thread.

SA hearts spinners!

#16 10 years ago

Wow this make me really want one . Nice work ....

2 weeks later
#17 10 years ago

proto spinner art just to show how it could have been.
More ideas coming vids loading.

Spinner_update_001.JPGSpinner_update_001.JPG

#18 10 years ago

Hopefully they don't read this and remove the spinner stuff from the future PRO code updates

#19 10 years ago

Its hooked to the pick target so they would have to kill that.
Sorry about the vid it was taken while I was playing one handed and filming with the other.

#20 10 years ago

So Robert you are basically showing off but not selling it yet ? Dawm you

Great, really great was very disapointed not getting a spinner with my pro. I love smashing stuff while playing. Now there is hope. I'm use to that spinning shot in all my games. Let us know when you can sell them I think you have a winner here.

#21 10 years ago

let me know if you want help with the graphics----

#22 10 years ago

Would be very cool if you could "hook" them up to a flasher...........No pun intended.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Would be very cool if you could "hook" them up to a flasher...........No pun intended.

Just like the lightning bolt on AC/DC. I would like that too. Easy to do with a simple bypass to the flashers. I like where this is going. Must also get the Metallica pop bumpers Robert did on another thread. That flashy chrome look is a nice finish.

#24 10 years ago

Flasher add on should be easy. Will play with that I have to be sure that the sound is not messed up.

1 week later
#25 10 years ago

Any update?

#26 10 years ago

I will assemble these for those that dont want to assemble for 45 shipped. I will need 5 orders at a time and will build on demand. Cost of parts extra. You will need to cut your plastics for clearance using your own skill set no template. Email me for order info. I had not planned to build these but will if there is enough willing to build them.

#27 10 years ago

I'm kind of surprised that Stern doesn't take advantage of all us people that like to mod our machines and sell "upgrade kits" for our pros. I called them to see if I could get the rising cross mechanism to add to my pro and was told the code wouldn't work for it and some wiring was missing. I almost like the rising cross as much as sparky, not sure why though. really not much to it. LOL
Back on track of my original thought, Stern could make some extra money by selling spinner kits, cross kits, etc., for the pros, wouldn't you guys think so??
Brian

BTW Hooked, looks awesome!

#28 10 years ago

Im In..

#29 10 years ago

Bump.

HKD said he still needs a few more commitments to make these spinners a reality.

#30 10 years ago

I am in... PM sent.

#31 10 years ago

Total price shipped would be at 100 shipped US.
I am only counting those that say I'm in not "how much".
So there is the cost anyone else in?

#32 10 years ago

5 "in" order sent will be in touch with those that jumped on.
Good reason to keep working on the art for the spinner.

#33 10 years ago

I'd like to be in. Joe...do you have equipment to cut the plastics?? I'd ship mine off to have it done right...I'm neither skilled nor do I have the tools.

Hooked....besides the plastics...whats the basic installation on these??

#34 10 years ago

Count me in, this is the only feature missing in the Pro that bugged me.

Kevin

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

5 "in" order sent will be in touch with those that jumped on.
Good reason to keep working on the art for the spinner.

Is 5 the cap for this run? I would like to be in or am I late to this party?

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I'd like to be in. Joe...do you have equipment to cut the plastics?? I'd ship mine off to have it done right...I'm neither skilled nor do I have the tools.
Hooked....besides the plastics...whats the basic installation on these??

I am going to work on that as soon as they get here. I plan on making a template and add the extra cut in it. I will be more than willing to help everybody out once I get set up and see how mine come out.

#37 10 years ago

You can get some very nice vinyl stickers made from Calliegraphics.com. Tell her I sent ya.

#38 10 years ago

Are the decals the same image on each side? I like it when there are two images, like one with the eye open and one with it closed say, so when you spin it you get a little simple flipbook animation.

#39 10 years ago

I'm in.

#40 10 years ago

Count me in on this one.

Scott

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I will assemble these for those that dont want to assemble for 45 shipped. I will need 5 orders at a time and will build on demand. Cost of parts extra. You will need to cut your plastics for clearance using your own skill set no template. Email me for order info. I had not planned to build these but will if there is enough willing to build them.

I'm confused. What needs to be assembled? You mentioned these were off the shelf parts from Stern. The spinner needs to be put together?

#42 10 years ago

Closed orders for now let me get these 10 done and out.
Image is the same on both sides but different colors to give a good visual effect.
Assembled means I purchase all the parts no money down to those above (assuming all pre-costs). My art guy makes and ships spinner decals then I apply ...then I make the small harness needed to connect to the pick switch. Then pack -bill ship. Stern does not sell the assembly only the parts to make one.
The special tool I used to do my plastics....a wheel grinder.
I just eyeballed it marked then grind the notch needed (of course after looking at a Prem plastic set up.)
Turned out pretty good IMO.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

I am going to work on that as soon as they get here. I plan on making a template and add the extra cut in it. I will be more than willing to help everybody out once I get set up and see how mine come out.

Ok great. I'll wait for yours to get done before I mess with mine. Either way I am definitely in as I stated above. I am all about spinners!

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Very cool Joe!

#45 10 years ago

If you have not received a message from me today I do not have you on the order list.
The note is as follows.
For faster service and to complete the order email me at
[email protected].
Put Metallica spinners in the subject line. I just paid for all of the parts and they should be here late this week.

So if you did not get that PM email me.
Thanks.
Robert

1 week later
#46 10 years ago

This looks great, any progress to report?

#47 10 years ago

This is what I got today...

Quick update. If your getting this email you have a set of Metallica spinners on reservation.
I received all parts on Sat. Will assemble and ship this week.
Once your specific set is ready you will be invoiced by Paypal.

#48 10 years ago

Few add on items.
Chrome Metallica Apron with Art work and spot lights added back in. Art work is constantly lit and flashers are under apron to tie into Sparkys' helmet.
Also my version of the Sparky helmet mod.
20131021_201256_resized.jpg20131021_201256_resized.jpg20131021_201235_resized.jpg20131021_201235_resized.jpg

#49 10 years ago

Everyone on the list has been invoiced to get on backup list email me.back ups will be contacted after noon Sunday. [email protected]

#50 10 years ago

All but one paid -held till Monday.
If you paid after noon Friday will ship Noon Monday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 556 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-hkd-metallica-pro-with-add-on-spinners and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.