Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dkpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

office_space_cake.gif
    439353_stock-photo-pie-chart-of-the-different-piece-of-pie.jpg
    smokey.jpg
    IMG_20140621_064957.jpg
    vonniedscreamer.jpg
    1528541_1396716090617810_8408585026650898055_n.png
    von-d2.jpg
    von-d.jpg
    vonnie_d.jpg

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

I was excited to hear of a local team of guys doing a start up in the pinball business. I added the website. I've known Von (the owner) since fall of 2008. He was brilliantly smart in the classes we shared at Mizzou in ROTC, Math, and a few others. I'm excited to see what he's come up with.

http://www.vonniedpinball.com/

#2 9 years ago

An announcement of a website with an announcement pending. Awesome. Are they going to be announcing they are starting to make a pinball to be finished in the next 3-5 years, but will be taking deposits now?

#3 9 years ago

tsk, tsk, tsk, negative nancy......

I don't have a timeline for them. I know Von got to work with tons of people who waited and are still waiting for woz. I doubt he wants to take a timetable they did.

#4 9 years ago

"We aren't looking to change the game, but we want to revolutionize the way you play it" - Von Davis

Licensed replicas of pins built to a portable scale?? Pinball for the bathtub?? What could it be?????

So anxious now for the big reveal, I'm a sucker for a countdown timer!!!

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from royce6135:

tsk, tsk, tsk, negative nancy......
    I don't have a timeline for them. I know Von got to work with tons of people who waited and are still waiting for woz. I doubt he wants to take a timetable they did.

Not being negative at all. You posted a link to a site with a countdown for an announcement. So, just saying the facts myself. I'm not comparing this to Woz and I'd recommend you don't either.

I just want more information than "hey here is this website with an announcement coming super far away"

#6 9 years ago

Last time we saw a pinball countdown timer like that we were rewarded with an official Big Lebowski announcement. I am keeping my hopes up!

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

I just want more information than "hey here is this website with an announcement coming super far away"

I agree, but it seems all pinball is now shredded in secrecy. Like pop bumpers and flippers, it seems the norm.

Want to know the next Stern, watch for encrypted Facebook postings.

How is Magic Girl?- Fly to Chicago and find out.

JJP - Same thing with piecemeal info thrown here and there to pique interest.

I think a countdown clock for an announcement is just following the same model established by other companies in the field.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

An announcement of a website with an announcement pending. Awesome. Are they going to be announcing they are starting to make a pinball to be finished in the next 3-5 years, but will be taking deposits now?

that's pretty neg dude.

I love what JJP, spooky, heighway, skitb did. I love playing woz, I cant wait to play the rest. I hated to see my friends wait for the games to come.

#9 9 years ago

Is this related to the pinball company in Columbia?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from renodakota:

Is this related to the pinball company in Columbia?

Hey I used to work for The Pinball Company but I am no longer affiliated as a worker but a friend and the company Vonnie D Pinball is a separate company by itself!

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from VonnieD:

Hey I used to work for The Pinball Company but I am no longer affiliated as a worker but a friend and the company Vonnie D Pinball is a separate company by itself!

How do we know you're the real Vonnie D?

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Licensed replicas of pins built to a portable scale?? Pinball for the bathtub?? What could it be?????

HAHA! Thanks for the laugh! Image of playing pinball in the tub is funny.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

How do we know you're the real Vonnie D?

No matter I what I tell you, you won't believe me because you are a JayHawk fan and I am a Missouri Tiger

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Pinball for the bathtub??

Woo hoo!!

#15 9 years ago

Welcome to Pinside Vonnie D

Keep us posted and best of luck in your business venture.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from royce6135:

that's pretty neg dude.
    I love what JJP, Spooky, heighway, skitb did. I love playing woz, I cant wait to play the rest. I hated to see my friends wait for the games to come.

Not in the slightest. We are just all super annoyed at this point of announcements for an announcement coming far in the future. You keep bringing WoZ into this, stop. That's pointless.

I am just asking you post some actual information other than an announcement that a company, not yours, is going to be announcing something in 30 days. Boo to that. Give us information or something. My comments are solely related to your uninformative post to start this thread, not a single other manufacturer. Just really tired of this secrecy crap.

And don't worry, this is nothing against whatever pinball company this pre-announcement is about. I will hound all pre-announcement threads until actual information is given or the post is deleted upon realizing how annoying it was

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

I will hound all pre-announcement threads until actual information is given or the post is deleted upon realizing how annoying it was

Or you could just thumbs down and move on.

#18 9 years ago

Well Royce...I for one am Really glad you announced this. First I have heard abiout it. Pretty exciting to see what comes!

#19 9 years ago

Not trying to be a downer but what exactly will this company do?
    I don't get it...

This thread will be buried by the time the site works and long before anything happens.
    As for the pinball company,

Restored and quality is a gross over statement for what I got from them.
    Scamming a newcomer to the hobby was all I got.

It was my fault for not looking around but I would never deal with them again.
    They were very eager to sell but then were nothing but rude and verbally confrontational once the payment cleared and I needed help with the warranty I paid extra for.
    "Jared" that I dealt with was horrible and insulting when it came to service.

Hope you broke ties with that guy and good luck.

#20 9 years ago

no harm in being made aware and watching the development

just don't forget those interested overseas.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

That doesn't seem really helpful to stopping the problem though. I do really like new companies starting in the pinball world, it's pretty cool to see the botiques making stuff, but these boards getting cluttered with pre-announcements is old

Quoted from renodakota:

Not trying to be a downer but what exactly will this company do?
    I don't get it...
    This thread will be buried by the time the site works and long before anything happens.
    As for the pinball company,
    Restored and quality is a gross over statement for what I got from them.
    Scamming a newcomer to the hobby was all I got.
    It was my fault for not looking around but I would never deal with them again.
    They were very eager to sell but then were nothing but rude and verbally confrontational once the payment cleared and I needed help with the warranty I paid extra for.
    "Jared" that I dealt with was horrible and insulting when it came to service.
    Hope you broke ties with that guy and good luck.

I'd suggest not giving useful information as it seems that is looked down upon on this thread. Your reply simply should be "WOW I can't wait for this announcement to happen, this company is going to be so awesome and release insanely awesome products!!!"

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

» YouTube video

What was that?
    The trailer for the next Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Resident evil remake?

#23 9 years ago

Sorry, I'm in the "this is lame" camp.

We need to get back to not advertising or promoting non-existent products or services.

A countdown clock for something most don't know anything about is pointless. And, in most cases, a total disappointment when the actual reveal is made.

#24 9 years ago

It's an exciting time with several new start up companies and looking forward to seeing what this company produces.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

» YouTube video

Er... sorry to be "that guy"

"Its first pinball machine"

not

"It's first pinball machine"

Maybe you could edit the text and re-upload?

For the record, I'm really hoping that pinball in the bathtub becomes a reality!

#26 9 years ago

the picture on the website has a bit of alien look to it.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Done

Announcements of announcements are super annoying.

#28 9 years ago

Maybe they are going to announce that they have produced 50 games and their production facility is up and running. They are going to ship these games based on the order of checks they receive and they are not going to cash the checks until the game ships. Now that would be something to count down to.

#29 9 years ago

I think this announcement is great... Yah, more details would be nice, but I'm excited to see a local startup doing this. Columbia is a hotbed of very smart people to, so I think the product should be interesting.

Anyone I can contact to offer services?

#30 9 years ago

Will the real Vonnie D please stand up ?

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrSlippery:

Columbia is a hotbed of very smart people to,

too

Quoted from markmon:

Done
    Announcements of announcements are super annoying.

OH NO!!! My imaginary internet points! What will I buy my $3100 TAV with now???

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

» YouTube video

Well the only thing I can go off of in this thread is this video and music choice. It sucks pretty bad so hopefully they have a different design team than the one making that promo crap and a different production team than suggested making a pre-annoucemnet was a good idea.

So far 2 strikes. Call me when they are ready to announce something of substance.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from VonnieD:

No matter I what I tell you, you won't believe me because you are a JayHawk fan and I am a Missouri Tiger

The pitiful obsession never ends, even after you leave.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

We are just all super annoyed at this point of announcements for an announcement coming far in the future.

But we made this video just for you.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

» YouTube video

That about sums it up lol.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

» YouTube video

haha

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Last time we saw a pinball countdown timer like that we were rewarded with an official Big Lebowski announcement. I am keeping my hopes up!

So you think the rugpissers are behind this?

#39 9 years ago

I find reading though the thread, trying to skip through all of the people bitching about Pre this and that more annoying than the thing they are annoyed about.

I hope someone finds my post annoying.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

i'm a little scared

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

vonnie_d.jpgvonnie_d.jpg

#42 9 years ago

Well I hope they come up with something good. Any pinball companies starting up closer to my home is a good thing. Can't wait for another announcement of an upcoming announcement.

#43 9 years ago

Looks promising. Best of luck to Vonnie and his group. Can't wait to see it.

#44 9 years ago

Is this of relevance?
    von-d.jpgvon-d.jpg

X-files remake? CSI miami?

Then there's this
    von-d2.jpgvon-d2.jpg

The REAL walking dead pinball?

#46 9 years ago

MayBe this really is just a countdown to an announcement that they will be announcing something! Little birdie told me me they are doing the cc remake and have been licensed to do so

2 weeks later
    #47 9 years ago

Whatever it is, it's working. I'm excited.

#48 9 years ago

Me too...
    ...the start of another Pinball Company is always good news.

#49 9 years ago

It must be the new Big Lebowski everyone's been waiting for!

Either that or Iron Freakin' Maiden!

There is a god!!!!!

lol

#50 9 years ago

1528541_1396716090617810_8408585026650898055_n.png1528541_1396716090617810_8408585026650898055_n.png

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-company-start-up-in-missouri-vonnie-d-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.