Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 37.
#601 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I assumed you were refering to this mornings carry on (on an Australian forum) where you were basically told to go away because nobody liked your posts and not to this old news that you trot back out that simply proves I am right - "too many" - I didn't say everyone.
You simply cannot work for JJP - I don't believe he would allow an employee to carry on like you are. I cannot believe your digs at my age or state of health - that really is pretty low and I'm sure many here would agree.
What is your beef with me?
To clarify @crash - the USA makes up about 5% of my customers (still does - I have many good customers there) not 99% and never was or will be.
How about you all turn your pitchforks to those that ripped me off with their PP chargebacks and to PP for allowing them.
Trackable shipping from Australia starts at around $40 and simply is not an option for parts under $100 value.
I help pinball enthusiasts keep their machines going - what exactly does Pinchroma do again???

Then STOP TAKING PAYPAL!!! It's laughable that you're a business man yet you aren't set up to take credit cards already. Most any legitmate business would have that done first, before trying to offer a product. It makes you look like an amateur and even harder for people to believe that you are going to produce a pin. So instead of crying over the problems with PayPal, just get a real CC setup. Heck, I got setup for credit cards just to sell BBS software back in the 90s. It's NOT hard.

#602 10 years ago

I'm here for the Aussie slang being thrown about.

#603 10 years ago

So, how do I pre-order a Parker LE?

#604 10 years ago

That's what she said!

#605 10 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

I'm here for the Aussie slang being thrown about.

Let's not all get up his goat till he's at least had a good suck of the sauce bottle. All this talk from the Sepos is making me want to wet my whistle, feel as dry as a dead dingos donger. After I've had skin full will need to go shake hands with the unemployed and point Percy at the porcelain.

#606 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Then STOP TAKING PAYPAL!!! It's laughable that you're a business man yet you aren't set up to take credit cards already. Most any legitmate business would have that done first, before trying to offer a product. It makes you look like an amateur and even harder for people to believe that you are going to produce a pin. So instead of crying over the problems with PayPal, just get a real CC setup. Heck, I got setup for credit cards just to sell BBS software back in the 90s. It's NOT hard.

MajorBBS, wildcat, or pcboard?

#607 10 years ago

I used to run Renegade.

#608 10 years ago

Which one of you guys has a server running LORD or Usurper? Would probably take Tradewars but prefer the other two.

#609 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Which one of you guys has a server running LORD or Usurper? Would probably take Tradewars but prefer the other two.

One of my colleagues Joe wrote LORD. I can stand one up if people actually wanted to play it

#610 10 years ago

I've read the thread and still want to see and play the game if/when it gets built. I love the theme, but maybe I'll need to book a distant vacay to play one.

#611 10 years ago

Seth loves me.

#612 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So, how do I pre-order a Parker LE?

No pro, premium, limited edition. Just 1000 "Chinese made, Australian designed" planks. Am I the only one wanting to know who will be designing this?

#613 10 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Am I the only one wanting to know who will be designing this?

Not at all. But first things first. I want to see if it will actually be designed.

#614 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not at all. But first things first. I want to see if it will actually be designed.

The chronology would dictate that a designer needs to be appointed before it is designed. Any pin designers currently living in china? Anyone have a ball park figure of what it costs to put a team together to make this a reality?

#615 10 years ago

The chronology would dictate that a designer needs to be appointed before it is designed.

Yes. The point I was making was if it was going to get to this point. I hope it will.

#616 10 years ago

For 1000 games? Probably 1/2 a million to a million US in just design, white woods, development, etc? Pipe dream to think it can cost less without having infrastructure in place.

For example any developer worth their salt is going to want 100k a year at an absolutely bare minimum. There goes 1/5 the budget on 1/2 a mill.

new platform development is going to take at least that long.

#617 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

For 1000 games? Probably 1/2 a million to a million US in just design, white woods, development, etc? Pipe dream to think it can cost less without having infrastructure in place.
For example any developer worth their salt is going to want 100k a year at an absolutely bare minimum. There goes 1/5 the budget on 1/2 a mill.

Given the state of what's left of the industry, I suspect there are some spare designers out their who would do it for a quarter of that.

#618 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

MajorBBS, wildcat, or pcboard?

All of the above, I wrote TradeWars2002

#619 10 years ago

Can we try to talk about the game?

#620 10 years ago

It would be nice if we could get some kind of teaser of what has been thought of so far. This would help make it seem like a reality - which I certainly hope it will be.

Even a computer generated photo mockup would be nice at this stage.

#621 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Can we try to talk about the game?

What game?

#622 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Lol I coded part of "telearena" for major bbs and my friend joe wrote lord. Old school!

#623 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Wow, I was so addicted to that! We had it on our BBS. Still have a complete copy of the thing...

#624 10 years ago

Does anyone remember the bbs game "bordello"? You used to pimp women and score smack... 12 year old me thought it was awesome

#625 10 years ago
Quoted from Muppet_Man:

Given the state of what's left of the industry, I suspect there are some spare designers out their who would do it for a quarter of that.

This. We need new pinball designers. NEW ones. Fresh ideas & minds into the game. I don't think they are going to be able to demand a lavish $100K salary, for they have no prior experience. This is a good thing for budgets & getting a fresh pin company off of the ground. Gotta start somewhere.

This is no disrespect to any established prior pin designers. But variety is good. Do you want all the music in the world written by just one musician?

#626 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

the infastructure is in place per se. Homepin has been in china for years manufacturing pinball and non pinball products. Wages, equipment, etc etc will all be in chinese currency not usd/aud. He has stated he will not be using bws/stern parts but making all his own.

it has to be an established designer for a first game from a new player. New designers/ideas would be great but are apprentices as such being taken on by the industry for this to come to fruition?

#627 10 years ago

the infastructure is in place per se. Homepin has been in china for years manufacturing pinball

Then its probably a good thing that they won't sell to the US/Canadia market. We have a bit higher expectation than the fabulous TZ QF089 (those look like heavy ping pong balls). Even if the theme is more familiar to Western countries, the Chinese built gaming machines are based on a different business/mfg model than the US (or even older Euro) built machines. It would be rather difficult to straddle the two.

#628 10 years ago

the infastructure is in place per se. Homepin has been in china for years manufacturing pinball and non pinball products. Wages, equipment, etc etc will all be in chinese currency not usd/aud. He has stated he will not be using bws/stern parts but making all his own.
it has to be an established designer for a first game from a new player. New designers/ideas would be great but are apprentices as such being taken on by the industry for this to come to fruition?

If he is making all his own parts then the infrastructure isn't really in place.

#629 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

If he is making all his own parts then the infrastructure isn't really in place.

point taken. The factory, machinery and labour are so i guess we are both right and wrong at the same time.

#630 10 years ago

point taken. The factory, machinery and labour are so i guess we are both right and wrong at the same time.

I meant more of the die's the moulds, the boards, etc.. If he isn't using bws parts then he will have to source things from elsewhere and design things like flipper mech's, trough, etc.. All that stuff takes money and doesn't really have much to do with china. That's all design. And a game designer isn't an EE most of the time and isn't a mechanical engineer for mech's

For a pinball machine you need:

A game designer
A mechanical engineer (not normally the same as the designer)
An electrical engineer
A software developer
An artist
A sound guy

That's at a bare minimum.

The manufacturing ability still requires setup of a line, training, tooling, etc. I literally mean besides the workforce I don't think any infrastructure is in place.

#631 10 years ago

ill have to defer to your greater knowledge in this field and concede the point.

#632 10 years ago

I keep thinking about this... JJP hit the market at a really good time. Releasing a game right now capitalizes on pinball being a hot trend right now. Jack's timing couldn't have really been better.

Will pinball still be "in" like it is now in 2015/2016 when this machine comes out?

#633 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I keep thinking about this... JJP hit the market at a really good time. Releasing a game right now capitalizes on pinball being a hot trend right now. Jack's timing couldn't have really been better.
Will pinball still be "in" like it is now in 2015/2016 when this machine comes out?

its safe to say that 500 of these will be snapped up by us aussies. Pretty much everyone i know that has the cash will be a nib buyer.

#634 10 years ago

its safe to say that 500 of these will be snapped up by us aussies. Pretty much everyone i know that has the cash will be a nib buyer.

Cool.

You see a lot of "boutique" pin makers popping up lately, I just wonder if they will have the same hot market to sell to in 2-3 years. A lot can change between now and then.

#635 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

So you are responsible for my biggest BBS addiction =) Loved TW2002

#636 10 years ago

Your story has become tiresome und now it is the time on Pinside to play some pinball.

deiter.jpgdeiter.jpg

#637 10 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

Then its probably a good thing that they won't sell to the US/Canadia market. We have a bit higher expectation than the fabulous TZ QF089 (those look like heavy ping pong balls).
» YouTube video

WOW! That looks like a blast! For 3 minutes anyway. Just like sex!

#638 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Thank you!! Played a lot in highschool. I tried to get into the trade wars rising graphical / web version, but got my ass kicked

#639 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I meant more of the die's the moulds, the boards, etc.. If he isn't using bws parts then he will have to source things from elsewhere and design things like flipper mech's, trough, etc.. All that stuff takes money and doesn't really have much to do with china. That's all design. And a game designer isn't an EE most of the time and isn't a mechanical engineer for mech's
For a pinball machine you need:
A game designer
A mechanical engineer (not normally the same as the designer)
An electrical engineer
A software developer
An artist
A sound guy
That's at a bare minimum.
The manufacturing ability still requires setup of a line, training, tooling, etc. I literally mean besides the workforce I don't think any infrastructure is in place.

I believe he has some of the parts already designed for a previous project, which morphed into this one.

#640 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Haha, that's awesome. Chalk me up as another player.

#641 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

The 1st Aussie pinball manufacturer.. yay
One T-BAG-LE please!!!

Try Hankin, They were the first Australian Pinball manufacturer !

#642 10 years ago

yeah I mentioned I stuffed up there....

#643 10 years ago

rgr you going to be involved/consulted as to its playability??

#644 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Awesome. That's one of the only bbs games I registered.

#645 10 years ago

Ha Keith could do the software, he will be finished his project soon and would love something simple to do

#646 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Awesome. That's one of the only bbs games I registered.

And I much appreciated that! We had about a 10 to 1 ratio of pirated copies to registered ones.

#647 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

And I much appreciated that! We had about a 10 to 1 ratio of pirated copies to registered ones.

It was quite a feat for a young kid with nothing but a paper route. I registered my BBS software, RemoteAccess as well.

One of my best modem upgrades was a Courier HST dual standard. I had to save up like $400 at the time to get one, lol.

#648 10 years ago

and now we're back. Gentlemen please stay focussed.

#649 10 years ago

I missed the heading - Talk about anything other than Thunderbirds pin.

#650 10 years ago

and now we're back. Gentlemen please stay focussed.

Don't say no bad words cuz this pin is a puppet show.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts
There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.