NEW MOD: AFM Target Bank Decal NOW FOR SALE!!

Started 2 years ago by pinball_customs in forum MarketPinball machines for sale.

NEW MOD: AFM Target Bank Decal NOW FOR SALE!!

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by pinball_customs
  • 36 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from redmamanora

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years ago
    #

Here you go! Let me know what you think, I may do a couple of more designs

Thanks

- Brock

2 years ago
    #

Looks cool. Another design might be wavy lines, like a force field? That way it'd go with one of the callouts when the target bank is hit?

2 years ago
    #

Looks way better IMO, keep it up!

2 years ago
    #

Like the look of your decals.

I am not sold on this one. Just being honest. I really liked the way the recognizer bank blended with the background art on Tron. This one just doesnt seem to blend as well into the existing art.

If you make variations though I do want one for my AFM.

Either way keep up the good work
    Making pins look better one decal at a time. =-)

2 years ago
    #
    Shoot_Again said:

I am not sold on this one.

I agree...this one is probably my least favorite so far but not sure what would look good??

2 years ago
    #

Yeah it's a tricky one, there's no art to carry over.. it's surrounded by bare wood!

I'll try a couple more ideas.

2 years ago
    #

That yellow lightening bolt could work

2 years ago
    #
    badbilly27 said:

That yellow lightening bolt could work

Yeah I was thinking I'll carry that through as well, on the grey.

I don't mind offering a few different ideas, everyone's tastes are different I prefer anything to the giant black rectangle that's there now

2 years ago
    #

I like the way that looks how do I get one?

2 years ago
    #

not totally sold on it.

2 years ago
    #

Another design coming!

2 years ago
    #

Hey Brock,
    I think the original could have worked okay if the green pattern was gone. I like how the border matches the three inserts in front. Maybe if the pattern was replaced with a simple solid red to make it match the 3 inserts (and the black area on the outside matched the wood), it might blend in a lot more. Maybe not as sexy, but it would just look like a long insert and it would dissapear into the playfeild. You could even throw in some appropriate text to match the font used in other inserts?

Anyway, looking forward to option 2.

2 years ago
    #

Thanks Adriano, cool idea.. I'll play around a bit. My goal with version 1 was to sort of match an insert while also giving it the look of a "Force field", taking from the orange human "force field" pattern on the bottom of the PF (the ball save)

Version 2 coming, I'm just at work doing my 9-5er right now (... and surfing Pinside)

2 years ago
    #

I really like the original that you did. Obviously hard to compare with art that is cut off on other pins. In this situation you did a great job. The green looks cool and goes with the whole design.

2 years ago
    #

Where/how can I buy these decals?

2 years ago
    #

Im in..get at me!

2 years ago
    #

Hi, any update on the new designs. Want to see the options before ordering as making up an order for a mate also.

2 years ago
    #

tweaked the first design, added a 2nd version

2 years ago
    #

V1, much better.
    I'll take one!!!

2 years ago
    #

V1 fits the game perfectly well played p_c!

2 years ago
    #

v1 for sure! Looks good, Brock. Do you have a website to order these or should we just PM?

2 years ago
    #

v1, v1, v1!

Great work!

2 years ago
    #

Heh ok, I'll test it out on a playfield locally first and get some final pics with it on the game.. and then we'll go from there.

I'm thinking anything where I offer two versions, I'll sell as a combo deal.. $9 for one, $16 for both.

Stay tuned!

- Brock

2 years ago
    #

I think they both look good.However if I I were doing it personally I would have went with artwork that matches the plastics to the right and left of it and maybe went with something like V1 on the targets. Just my thoughts on it. If you decide to do something like that I will certainly buy one.

2 years ago
    #

v.1 wins! Now can we see some target decals? Do some force field-y squiggles for the targets and you'll sell the by the pound!

2 years ago
    #

I've gotta leave the target decals to Joey at PDI. He knows how to make those things perfectly.. that said, I can supply him with some designs for sure.

2 years ago
    #

What is your price point for the pinball drop target decals? Plus how do you print it and cut it? I'm interested in doing some myself.

-Aaron

2 years ago
    #
    jk2171 said:

Looks cool. Another design might be wavy lines, like a force field? That way it'd go with one of the callouts when the target bank is hit?

+1 on this......the 3 bank is supposed to be a force field so something along those lines and i'd be in.

2 years ago
    #
    smassa said:

jk2171 said:Looks cool. Another design might be wavy lines, like a force field? That way it'd go with one of the callouts when the target bank is hit?
    +1 on this......the 3 bank is supposed to be a force field so something along those lines and i'd be in.

Isn't that what he's already done with the image in the middle (V.1)?
    The force-field graphics are already on the PF, he just added more.

2 years ago
    #
    Drano said:

smassa said:jk2171 said:Looks cool. Another design might be wavy lines, like a force field? That way it'd go with one of the callouts when the target bank is hit?

Isn't that what he's already done with the image in the middle (V.1)?
    The force-field graphics are already on the PF, he just added more.

That isnt what the force field looks like on afm. looks more like angled lines....kinda like the shape on charlie browns shirt for lack of a better description....lol

2 years ago
    #
    smassa said:

That isnt what the force field looks like on afm. looks more like angled lines....kinda like the shape on charlie browns shirt for lack of a better description....lol

It is? Where? In the DMD animation?

IPC: I print all these on an adhesive vinyl stock using an Epson 9800 Pro large-format printer and then mylar them by hand. Joey at PDI makes his own target decals that have foam backing, etc. Very nice.

2 years ago
    #
    pinball_customs said:

smassa said:
    It is? Where? In the DMD animation?
    IPC: I print all these on an adhesive vinyl stock using an Epson 9800 Pro large-format printer and then mylar them by hand. Joey at PDI makes his own target decals that have foam backing, etc. Very nice.

yes in the dmd animation

1 year, 7 months ago
    #

Mr Brock, I have pm u and emailed u here and your website. I am hoping to purchase Afm 3 bank decal and Sm. Can u help me out? Thank you for your time Harley D.

Santeh

Pinball addict
    1,651,700 4
    1 year, 7 months ago
    #

Looks great! Please sign me up for one!

1 year, 7 months ago
    #

v1 looks much better nice improvement.

1 year, 7 months ago
    #

How do you get a hold of Mr. Brock. I tried everything, any help fellow pinsiders would be awsome.

1 year, 7 months ago
    #

Sorry! I'm here.. if someone wants to here PMS matches to the colours on the of I'll start shipping these things out on Monday

1 year, 7 months ago
    #

Pm sent thanks for your time and effort.

1 year, 7 months ago
    #

Mr.Brock please pm me your payment options so I can place my order thank you again.

1 year, 7 months ago
    #

Hey there, still not available but I'm close.. just about to send some samples out to someone to test them out.

TaylorVA

Pinball guru
    4,804,600 3
    1 year, 7 months ago
    #

Do you need my address?

1 year, 7 months ago
    #

Count me in...

1 year, 7 months ago
    #

Awsome I did not realize u were still testing. Thanks again for your effort.

1 year, 7 months ago
    #

TBH it's been on the backburner for a while, but I'll get back at it.. I realize there's tons of interest!!

1 year, 5 months ago
    #

Great news! I gave some test samples to Phoebe at Expo and she's gonna let us know how they turn out.

That said, anyone I've been in contact with to test these out with me will get a free decal of their choice as a "it's the thought that counts" bonus

Cheers, gang

- B

1 year, 5 months ago
    #

I'd be happy to do a print test here again

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

Now officially for sale. Same deal: $8 shipped in North America, $10 worldwide! Send paypal payments to sales_AT_pinballcustoms_DOT_com (replacing AT with @ and DOT with .)

Be sure to indicate in the notes what version you want!

Also, as a quick note.. if you're paying using a Paypal App on your phone, be sure to add your mailing address. For some stupid reason the App's don't include mailing addresses???

THANKS for your patience, all.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

Brock... Just sent you a PM.

-Mauro

TaylorVA

Pinball guru
    4,804,600 3
    1 year, 2 months ago
    #

Payment sent.

donnadana

Retired Pinsider
    1 year, 2 months ago
    #

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple