photo1.JPG
20131229_111800.jpg
20131228_081753.jpg
20131228_081831.jpg
20131227_233806.jpg
IMG_0741.JPG
IMG_0738.JPG
20131223_211559.jpg
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

HOT OFF THE PRESS........ The Creeping Death Mod.

Pinball Refinery has teamed up with Joeraptor2003 the maker of Pinblades to offers these KILLER artworks and lighting effects that will TOTAL change the way you look at your Metallica. These Pinblades are for the left and right insides of the cabinet and speaker panel. Then, I added the interactive lighting effects into the machine and make this artwork come ALIVE during game play....

The artwork is printed on Easy-Release Sturdy High Quality Vinyl. Has the same scratch-resistant coating that the factory graphics have. No need to worry about scuffing, scratching and ripping. Can easily be easily repositioned and removed if needed. Best of all they are made here in the good ole' USA.

The Inside Cabinet artwork is $75.00 plus shipping
The Speaker Panel artwork is $25.00 plus shipping
The Interactive lighting effects are $50.00 plus shipping (We will be making and added some lightening bolts on the LEDs brackets to give them a finished look).

You can only purchase them from Pinball Refinery and here is the link to the website....

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/~/category/id=7060554&offset=0&sort=normal

Here are some pictures of the actual panels and a YouTube of the Prototype panels (we decided to flip the two sides around) with the lighting effect added to them. NOTE. The camera shows the LEDs as BLUE but they are PURPLE and look AWESOME.... This is a MUST have mod.

A BIG THANKS to Joe for working hard on these... We have been bouncing ideas back and forth of about 4 weeks.

PROTOTYPE PANELS with the Actual lighting effects.

#2 10 years ago

Screen Shot 2013-11-16 at 3.18.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-16 at 3.18.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-16 at 3.17.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-16 at 3.17.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-16 at 3.17.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-16 at 3.17.35 PM.png

#3 10 years ago

NEW_MET_right2.jpgNEW_MET_right2.jpgNEW_MET_left2.jpgNEW_MET_left2.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Screen Shot 2013-11-16 at 9.34.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-16 at 9.34.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-16 at 9.33.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-16 at 9.33.50 PM.pngFINAL_SPEAKER_MET_FINAL3.jpgFINAL_SPEAKER_MET_FINAL3.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Wow..........just wow. What a nice alliance Joe and the Refinery. Thanks again Joe for the speaker grills for both AC/DC and Met. Sure hope you guys will work on more Stern recent titles in the future. Avengers, X-Men, Tron. They can all use mods like these. As for me, well, I've got my Met Refinery edition with mirrors with Joe other decals on. Same for AC/DC, so I'll pass but really recommend it to people who have not done anything yet. These guys are the best. Keep it coming.

And Steve, that next summer Stern title is better be my Iron Maiden LE Refinery number 666

#6 10 years ago

Nah Joe I really need one of them Speaker Grill for Blue Avengers Le, Tron too. Pm me anytime.

Now I need to look for that Tron pin

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Wow..........just wow. What a nice alliance Joe and the Refinery. Thanks again Joe for the speaker grills for both AC/DC and Met. Sure hope you guys will work on more Stern recent titles in the future. Avengers, X-Men, Tron. They can all use mods like these. As for me, well, I've got my Met Refinery edition with mirrors with Joe other decals on. Same for AC/DC, so I'll pass but really recommend it to people who have not done anything yet. These guys are the best. Keep it coming.
And Steve, that next summer Stern title is better be my Iron Maiden LE Refinery number 666

+1 on this ^^^^^^^^^^^. I would buy onw for my Xmen, Tron and BDK!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Thanks Chris... We are starting out this partnership and I know we will be making more of them for a lot more titles...Joe does Totally incredible work and with a little lighting effects these come alive.

As for the Iron Maiden LE Refinery... NO promises on the title, but I will do my best to get that number if it is offered.

#9 10 years ago

Need some DirtyD sort of art to match the pf! Cool idea.

#10 10 years ago

Absolutely Killer! In for ALL!!! Steve and Joe...you guys need to slow down on the Killer mods, I'm going broke I can see this transitioning over to so many other themes!!! Tron next?

PP being sent shortly. Cheers!!!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Need some DirtyD sort of art to match the pf! Cool idea.

uh..what?!? lol

It has been a hell of a month ....Steve and I been working round the clock on these..thank you all for the kind words..inspiration and ideas. It means SO much to us.

I may have designed them but Steve made them come alive... by far the sickest MOD I ever worked on..

Looking forward to working with the guys at Pinball Refinery on more ground breaking stuff.

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT THE VIDEO

#12 10 years ago

JMHO. MET has some of the BEST art in a new game since forever. I think these look nice but would look even better if you could get some DirtyDonny type art to go on them and would make for a cohesive mod that integrates seamlessly with the game art.

Would be great to see something like this for TAF.

#13 10 years ago

Cool work! All I could think was....I wish I had a Metallica!

#14 10 years ago

Joe, hands down, the art work is amazing. Just zoomed in on the RIP tombstone and noticed the ghostly guitar in hand and arm coming rising from the ground, bad ass!!! Nice job again! Can't wait to get this installed!

#15 10 years ago

Yep, this mod is sick! The art alone is great looking, then when you see it in full effect with the lighting, WOW. I think I need this.

#16 10 years ago

This looks absolutely sick. Awesome job guys!!!

#17 10 years ago

The lightning effect looks awesome! So many awesome mods lately. Amazing creativity in this community.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Joe, hands down, the art work is amazing. Just zoomed in on the RIP tombstone and noticed the ghostly guitar in hand and arm coming rising from the ground, bad ass!!! Nice job again! Can't wait to get this installed!

ahh you caught that.. sort of a tribute to Cliff Burton.he was the bassist that died in 1986...

thanks man!..wait to install them and you see the luster of the coating on the panels combined with the lighting.. trust me.. the video and pictures do not do this one justice..

I would have some Kleenex ready..

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

JMHO. MET has some of the BEST art in a new game since forever. I think these look nice but would look even better if you could get some DirtyDonny type art to go on them and would make for a cohesive mod that integrates seamlessly with the game art.

Yeah, sorry Joe - gotta agree. The art on these panels does not match the game's art at all. It's the type of mod that looks like a mod. If you could match Dirty Donny's style - I'd be in for a pair.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, sorry Joe - gotta agree. The art on these panels does not match the game's art at all. It's the type of mod that looks like a mod. If you could match Dirty Donny's style - I'd be in for a pair.

Hey Greg.. That's cool man.. I value your opinion highly. Everyones got their own opinion and their own style.
as I said above ...see them on the game..in person....then come back and talk to me..It's all good.

-Joe

#21 10 years ago

Looks fantastic to me. Just ordered.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from redmamanora:

Looks fantastic to me. Just ordered.

Thanks for the order it looks incredible in the machine

Steve

#23 10 years ago

dang !!!!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Love the idea (the lighting is very cool, assuming it doesn't distract from gameplay), and love the quality of the artwork. But I also have to agree...the style does not match the artwork of the rest of the machine.

These would 100% rock if the style matched!

#25 10 years ago

I agree with Greg on this one. Looks awesome, but more for a game like TAF or BSD or maybe even the upcoming walking dead pin.

#26 10 years ago

Joe and I decided to do this theme of a grave yard, because throughout playfield it has crosses, skulls and lightening bolts and we believe it fits this theme well. One of Sparky's saying before he get fried is, "This place is freaking me out!!" Then he gets Electrocuted. There's other sayings, "I think the little guy is dead, and Ride the Lightening" ...... We can't copy the Dirty Donnie's or Metallica's artwork because of copyrights issues and we don't want to go down that path. Also we know it will also fit other pinball themes as well

I will be displaying a Metallica Pro with this mod and several other mods at the South Pinball Festival next weekend. If you are going to the show, stop by my booth and check it out in person, it's SICK.

Here are a couple more pictures of the prototype Pinblades in a Metallica Pro from the video.

IMG_20131114_192419_435.jpgIMG_20131114_192419_435.jpgIMG_20131114_192351_307.jpgIMG_20131114_192351_307.jpg

#27 10 years ago

Crosses, Lightening Bolts, and Cliff coming out of the ground like a zombie on Return of the Living Dead - It doesn't get any better than this.... great job!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

We can't copy the Dirty Donnie's or Metallica's artwork because of copyrights issues and we don't want to go down that path.

Not copy, but match. You can't get in trouble for stylistically matching something. You know how we all went "whut the!?" when we saw the Premium photo translite cuz it didn't match the rest of the game? It's like that, IMO.

#29 10 years ago

Wow, that looks awesome. .great theme and layout . I think it matched the theme of the game perfect. I really like the way the lightning bolts tie into the background where "sparky" is. The purple colors in the background set off a nice mood with the tombstones. The guitarists arm (forgot his name ) coming out in front of the ground in front of the tombstone is a nice detail I wasn't expecting . A good eye for detail. The best one so far , a lot more detail than the previous flame design, this must have taken forever to do. It looks like someone custom airbrushed the artwork right on the inside of the machine. Do you also offer a matching apron decal ?

#30 10 years ago

Seen this in person- art work is amazing and lighting effects are sick. Video does not do it justice. Trust me you won't be disappointed with this mod. Can't wait to see the few additional tweaks and the finished product. Look forward to additional art work and lighting effects for other games. Endless possibilities.
Great Job- keep up the good work- taking pinball to the next level.

#31 10 years ago

Hemi, can you take a pic of the speaker panel on a pro for me?
Thanks Harley D.

#32 10 years ago

Hi Harley,

I will as soon as I get on them in stock, Joe is printing them and shipping them to me. It will be a little later this week or I will take pictures of the machine that I will have at the Southern Pinball Festival in Orlando, FL. that I will be attending this weekend.

Thanks,
Steve

#33 10 years ago

Here is a mock up of a Metallica Pro with the speaker and playfield Pinblade panels...

Thanks Joe for doing this for me....

Steve

metallica_w_Spkr.jpgmetallica_w_Spkr.jpg

#34 10 years ago

Looks pretty damn cool to me.

#35 10 years ago

Thanks.... Actually they are unbelievable looking the pictures don't do them justice.

#36 10 years ago

How will all of these look on an LE?

#37 10 years ago

Hemi, How do the LED Bars mount?

Can you post a photo with the lights on so we can see the LED bar ?

**Edit
never mind I saw the second video

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not copy, but match. You can't get in trouble for stylistically matching something. You know how we all went "whut the!?" when we saw the Premium photo translite cuz it didn't match the rest of the game? It's like that, IMO.

All of Dirty Donny's art on Metallica was copied from other people's styles anyways, might as well continue the tradition.

#39 10 years ago

these are so cool I am going to put these on my Tales from the Crypt. It should look pretty awesome . I am going to use the speaker panel artwork as well. If I ever get my Metallica I will just peel it off and stick it on my new MET, so I am good either way ......thx Joe

#40 10 years ago

Can you post some pics of the decals once you have them covering the light strips?

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from wolowizard:

these are so cool I am going to put these on my Tales from the Crypt. It should look pretty awesome . I am going to use the speaker panel artwork as well. If I ever get my Metallica I will just peel it off and stick it on my new MET, so I am good either way ......thx Joe

Wolo

Yeah..you should be able to do that. Easy off and Easy on.. Pretty good idea there. Very creative thinking.. !

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Can you post some pics of the decals once you have them covering the light strips?

I am working on the stickers tonight to put the finishing touches on the kit that will cover the light strips..

#43 10 years ago

Great work guys!
Any pics with these on an LE?

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Thanks.... Actually they are unbelievable looking the pictures don't do them justice.

They are Game changers... Makes me think about buying Metallica again.... Joe I have your Ac/Dc stuff and it rocks, Hemi showed me the Video of these in action and kick ass job.. Combined with Hemi's knowledge and talent to light these up - WOW - WIN WIN

Not to forget Pinball Refinery's customer service and quality - how could this joint venture not be AMAZING!

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Great work guys!
Any pics with these on an LE?

Thank you!

We do not have any installed on an LE as of yet but we are working on it. Will keep you posted.

Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

They are Game changers... Makes me think about buying Metallica again.... Joe I have your Ac/Dc stuff and it rocks, Hemi showed me the Video of these in action and kick ass job.. Combined with Hemi's knowledge and talent to light these up - WOW - WIN WIN
Not to forget Pinball Refinery's customer service and quality - how could this joint venture not be AMAZING!

Thanks and I feel the same way. Steve and Gio are great guys and both so very talented... IT just makes sense .

I really love how this came out and .. The fact that Steve could take something that is flat and bring it to life with the lighting and make it "interactive"... that is a game changer..INDEED.

I mean.. Really.. WHO else has done this.!?!

We really appreciate all the kind words and feedback from everyone. We do listen and I have taken all feedback and constructive criticism has been duly noted. We will take this information and use it for future projects..We are pretty excited about them and we already have other designs in the QUE.

I have finished up the lightning bolt stickers that will go over the LED stripsphoto 3.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG

Steve is on his way to the Pinball Show in Orlando as we speak to install. We will get a picture of them on the game shortly. BUT >> if you happen to be near the show.. I URGE you to see in person.. I think you will be blown away!
Let me put it to you this way.. my Metaliica Pro arrives Tuesday and its getting the full blown Pinball Refinery/Joeraptor Treatment..can't wait!

*insert death guitar riff here•

#46 10 years ago

Simply amazing like normal. Well done, be ordering soon.

#47 10 years ago

Fantastic!!!

#48 10 years ago

I love the new decals for the light strips, it really blends well with the side decals very well , very cool guys

#49 10 years ago

I have the final version of the Metallica Pinblades with the lightening bolts decals and the speaker panel here at the South Pinball Festival in Orlando, Florida. Thanks to Asylum (Kevin) here on Pinside for bring his machine to the show for everyone. This Metallica Pro is for sale along with his HUO POTC here at the show.

Also thanks to Joe for sending these overnight shipping so everyone can see these Awesome artwork in Metallica first hand.

Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

IMG_20131121_223307_586.jpgIMG_20131121_223307_586.jpgIMG_20131121_223232_657.jpgIMG_20131121_223232_657.jpgIMG_20131121_223059_293.jpgIMG_20131121_223059_293.jpgIMG_20131121_223027_997.jpgIMG_20131121_223027_997.jpgIMG_20131121_222818_291.jpgIMG_20131121_222818_291.jpgIMG_20131121_222803_987.jpgIMG_20131121_222803_987.jpg

#50 10 years ago

HOLY CRAP!!

One thing... we might want to leave it clear around the Tombstone area. thats an easy fix..otherwise ..speechless dude.. wish I could be there at the show.

thank you Kevin and thanks for posting up Steve.

This is just off the hook... how the hell did we do that?!?!? WOW!

Break a Leg!

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-metallica-pinblades-and-lighting-effects-taking-orders and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.