New KISS pinball machine 2013

Started 1 year ago by aussiedarren in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

New KISS pinball machine 2013

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by aussiedarren
  • 72 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from RGR

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Topic poll

• poll: would u like to see a new kiss pinball machine built with new technology from stern or jpp
    yes : (48 votes)
    22 %
    no : (174 votes)
    78 %

• Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

I think a new KISS pinball machine is on the cards.
      With ACDC being a huge success another music themed pinball machine is being planned and what better with Kiss releasing new album and tour a new machine with new technology will be awesome.
      heard today a KISS 3d pyro circus music machine with lcd is on the way
      can only hope

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

Answered yes, but need to qualify that as "Only if it does not take an alternate machine out of production".

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

I'd be ok with it, but only with the original line-up, and I doubt Gene would let that happen, so nope.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

I was curious recently and looked up the band on Wikipedia. I didn't realize how long Peter Criss has not been in the band.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

I say No. It's been done. Lets move on. Other bands deserve a pin, like Pink Floyd. That should be the next music themed pin.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

Why?

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

I love KISS
      I love AC/DC
      I like GnR and The Stones
      I even have a healthy respect for Dolly Parton but please no more "band" pinball machines.
      The games are just not that compelling.Jam multiball?Tour multiball? No thanks.
      I'd rather listen to their music,in stereo,while playing a great A title,rather than play a B title with the bands name/image on it.And thats coming from a pro guitarist/musician.Scott

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

Scott, is that you hangin on to that Les Paul in your Avatar? The greatest rock guitar ever made.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

I answered no, but I didn't think about the movie KISS meets the phantom of the park!

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

Yes!!!Les Paul through a Marshall.....love Ace!!!Love KISS.Watching You one of my favorite all-time riffs.Scott

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

Been done. There are many other bands that deserve a pin over kiss getting a third. Bring on Nirvana!

1 year, 10 months ago
      #
      absocountry2 said:

Why?

+1

what is it with the need for a music pin every month? i'm surprise nobody said alice cooper.... in 3.2.1....

please, something new...

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

More bands deserve a pin such as:

The Beatles
      Pink Floyd
      Led Zeppelin
      Devo
      Hendrix
      Black Sabbath
      Van Halen
      Iron Maiden
      Pixies
      Metallica
      Ramones
      The Clash
      U2
      Talking Heads
      Red Hot Chili Peppers
      Nirvana
      Pearl Jam
      Smashing Pumpkins
      R.E.M.
      White Stripes
      Queens of the Stone Age
      Black Keys
      Foo Fighters

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

Kiss is my friend Doug's favorite band, so he will definitely be down with getting one. He just really enjoys the music.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #
      kwiKimart said:

More bands deserve a pin such as:
      The BeatlesPink FloydLed ZeppelinDevoHendrixBlack SabbathVan HalenIron MaidenPixiesMetallicaRamonesThe ClashU2Talking HeadsRed Hot Chili PeppersNirvanaPearl JamSmashing PumpkinsR.E.M.White StripesQueens of the Stone AgeBlack KeysFoo Fighters

...Weird Al Yankovic

1 year, 10 months ago
      #
      Blakesell said:

I answered no, but I didn't think about the movie KISS meets the phantom of the park!

Agreed. That would be the only thing that would make it worth it.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

not a theme that I would like

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

White stripes would look cool, too bad that band is done.

Devo could be fun with lots of beeps, boops and red cone hat bumper caps, but 20 years too late.

Iron Maiden pin was already made.

Rob Zombie is cartoonish enough to be on a pin...

1 year, 10 months ago
      #
      LesManley said:

...Weird Al Yankovic

Didn't think of that, but certainly a good pick. White & Nerdy pop bumpers, Eat It video mode, etc.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

I doubt kiss will happen. I do really hope iron maiden someday. Between the plane and the Eddie toys the game would be a huge success and since ops in Europe make up a huge part of the market it would be profitable. Irons crossed

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

Iron Maiden is about the only one I'd care to see(Eddie would make an awesome toy) and even that doesn't thrill me that much.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

A Pink Floyd machine would be amazing, could picture a really cool dark side of the moon pin.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

B-52's, come on, Love Shack, Rock Lobster! Many more!!!

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

Not only no but hell no...

1 year, 10 months ago
      #
      LesManley said:

...Weird Al Yankovic

+100000000!

1 year, 10 months ago
      #
      vid1900 said:

Devo could be fun with lots of beeps, boops and red cone hat bumper caps, but 20 years too late.

Never too late for Devo! Plus they still have a very healthy following. Last album was not half bad either. I want Energy dome pop bumpers!

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

The only band based pin I would consider is Twisted Sister! wink wink.

Were not gonna take it
      You can't kill Rock and Roll
      I wanna Rock
      SMF
      Stay Hungry
      Burn in Hell

I loved that band BITD!

1 year, 10 months ago
      #
      MSN22 said:

A Pink Floyd machine would be amazing, could picture a really cool dark side of the moon pin.

Don't forget a "The Wall" pin.

Rush, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, U2, Bob Marley (Reggae Pinball), all would be great.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

Saw the video stream of Gary Stern over the weekend and somebody asked about a Kiss theme. He said only one thing keeping it from happening: Gene Simmons. He said Gene was not even in the same ballpark with licensing.

Maybe JJP, as he said he doesn't mind spending extra on the right licenses.

Personally, I would love to see a Kiss pin. Firehouse, Cold Gin, Calling Dr. Love, Detroit Rock City, etc..., You wanted the best

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

Man, I just don't get KISS. Maybe I was too young when they were big, but outside of some cool makeup and shockingly cool counter-culturalism in their day, they made average music, at best.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

A Clash machine would be very nice indeed.
      It definitely could fire me up more than Stern's current musical offerings that's for sure.
      My two horses in the race would be Iron Maiden first and The Clash second.

C'mon vid,
      That old Stern Iron Maiden pin had nothing to do with the band! (For the umpteenth time!)

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

God I hope this does not happen, there is already one. Let's hope they make something that hasn't been made yet.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

Made 2 stones Pins
      Made 2 Simpsons
      Almost 3 playboys

Why not a revamp KISS

I'd be in !

Saw them live and holy crap great show

1 year, 10 months ago
      #
      gambit3113 said:

Man, I just don't get KISS. Maybe I was too young when they were big, but outside of some cool makeup and shockingly cool counter-culturalism in their day, they made average music, at best.

True. I remember how pissed off parents were with stuff like, Kiss stands for Knights in Satan's Service, and stuff like that. Gene Simmons spitting up blood. I'm sure it also upset parents who understood the music wasn't Mozart that their kids were listening to.

People keep mentioning Iron Maiden. Listened to them back in the day. Hate to say it, but if they didn't have kick butt album art, doubt anybody would mention them for a pin.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #
      gambit3113 said:

Yes you probably were too young...they were the hottest thing on the planet when I was 12. I wanted to BE Ace Frehley! Yep their music only had a few chords, but who cares? Classic songs about sex, drugs , and rock & roll....check out Dr. Love! LOL

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

No more music or superhero themes, just not interesting to me. Movies are ok if they were good movies. I would however, love to see some new original themes.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

Just thinking out loud-

Stern does 3.5 pins a year. JJP will probably do 1, maybe 2. You will see more privately made Predator/Magic Girl, so basically that 4-5 new pins a year.

I can't personally think of 15 knock the ball out of the park themes. There are bound to be a lot of underwhelming themes coming out, unless they are willing to revisit things like South Park, Simpsons, etc..., and remember they have to cater to a world market.

Seems like a very difficult task.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

South Park, that is a machine I would pre-order!

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

I myself enjoy the music themed pins. I agree that they need to do something different though I am not a fan of all of the superhero stuff lately either.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

I'm ok with a updated Kiss pin too. However, not ok with the rumor of the PF being all Beanie Baby toys. I know, I know, it's just a rumor...but what if...if...if it were true?

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

PINK FLOYD.PINK FLOYD.PINK FLOYD

SHOULD PETITION STERN UNTIL THEY MAKE ONE.

THE WALL, DARK SIDE , PULSE ETC

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

I specifically asked Gary Stern about doing a Kiss pinball machine when I met him last year at the Southern Pinball Festival.. we talked about it for several minutes, and Gary himself said he WOULD LOVE to do a Kiss pinball machine! He went on to say that he met with Gene Simmons several years ago to talk about the prospect, but that Gene wanted a licensing price that was far above and beyond what could be profitable for stern, even with the potentially higher #'s of pins they could sell with that title. He went on to say that unfortunately Gene is the one that has prevented another Kiss machine from being produced. Gary said that the Kiss licensing fee that Gene wants is far above and beyond what is spent on Disney titles (tron) or movie themes (Ironman, spiderman, Avatar, etc.).

That being said, I would love to get a Kickstarter program going to help either Stern or JJP cover the licensing fee, just like how the Pinball Arcade was able to raise over $55K to bring TZ to several electronic platforms. Of course Stern or JJP would have to be the one to start the Kickstarter, so it's probably not going to happen..

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

Pink Floyd would be cool! But the rumor going around on the Kiss machine said that all new music based themes would incorporate Beanie Babies on the Playfields(anything post acdc). It almost sounds like someone at Stern bought a boatload of them or a warehouse supply. I thin Stern is great and wish I could afford some of their latest pins. If I ever am able to, I am hoping to get platic and rubber molded toys on the PF that match the theme of the game. Not a bunch of shoe-horned in Beanie Babies under, on top, to the left...to the right...above spinners, next to the slingshots, deep in the lanes/orbits, etc. Sigh;(

1 year, 10 months ago
      #
      TheNoTrashCougar said:

Kiss is my friend Doug's favorite band, so he will definitely be down with getting one. He just really enjoys the music.

Hey you forgot the word least between Dougs and Favorite . Accually its a toss up for worst band ever KISS , Boston or Phish , they are all so horrible .I would not pay a dime for a KISS machine if it meant the band would get some money from my puchase, Those hacks have made enough money from their complete lack of talent . Maybe insted of partying every day they should have picked up their instruments and learned how to play them , then and only then could they rock n roll all night .

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

I spose Kiss could be good in that it would give my wallet a rest between pin purchases.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #
      Pinballdad said:

Pink Floyd would be cool! But the rumor going around on the Kiss machine said that all new music based themes would incorporate Beanie Babies on the Playfields(anything post acdc). It almost sounds like someone at Stern bought a boatload of them or a warehouse supply. I thin Stern is great and wish I could afford some of their latest pins. If I ever am able to, I am hoping to get platic and rubber molded toys on the PF that match the theme of the game. Not a bunch of shoe-horned in Beanie Babies under, on top, to the left...to the right...above spinners, next to the slingshots, deep in the lanes/orbits, etc. Sigh;(

I don't get the beanie baby play field toys comments that keep coming up. What thread did I miss that started the joke?

1 year, 10 months ago
      #
      trilogybeer said:

Hey you forgot the word least between Dougs and Favorite . Accually its a toss up for worst band ever KISS , Boston or Phish , they are all so horrible .I would not pay a dime for a KISS machine if it meant the band would get some money from my puchase, Those hacks have made enough money from their complete lack of talent . Maybe insted of partying every day they should have picked up their instruments and learned how to play them , then and only then could they rock n roll all night .

Seen them ten years ago and they were charging 50 dollars for a lousy t-shirt. Total scam artists.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

I'm not really a rock person but... What about Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, DJ Tiesto, or Moby?

1 year, 10 months ago
      #

I voted No, because I don't really care for band-themed pins, at least so far.

Though maybe They Might Be Giants would be fun.

1 year, 10 months ago
      #
      Pin_Crazed said:

No more music or superhero themes, just not interesting to me. Movies are ok if they were good movies. I would however, love to see some new original themes.

You don't buy NIB pins

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple