New England Pinsiders Represent! - Regional Thread

Started 11 months ago by Rascal_H in forum All PinballAll Pinball.


Forum » All Pinball » Topic

New England Pinsiders Represent! - Regional Thread


Topic summary

  • Started 11 months ago by Rascal_H
  • 34 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Rascal_H

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs





Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Think we're overdue for our own ongoing thread.

    Spot any good local deals? Got something for sale or trade? Know a good place for some hot dogs? Post about it here!

    MA, RI, CT, ME, NH, VT - let's do this!

    If you're from any of those other crappy places in the world - BEAT IT! (Kidding, you can stay)


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    If you didn't already know about it. Check out neacf.com


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Cool, I did not know about neacf, going to register. I'm new to Pinside and have just recently remembered how much I love pinball. I live in West Newton, just outside of Boston. Since I have jumped back into pinball I have found only a few places to play:

    Game Undergound in Framingham has 1 machine (Super Mario Bros) and if I have the time I head up to Pinball Wizard Arcade in Lowell, but its about an hour away and I can't get up there much. Know of any other places to play some pins in the area??

    Would love to get my own machine, but right now my place is way too small.


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Cool, Game Underground is right near my work. Not sure I'd make the trip there for a Super Mario Bros though, hah.

    Might be looking to unload my freshly shopped Tommy if anyone has trade offers. It's super mint with Cliffy protectors installed on all holes. LEDs throughout.


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    I have registered twice at neacf.com and haven't ever heard back from them after even a couple weeks. Still can't access. ???


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Hi, I'm in Keene, NH. Not much for pins on location over in these parts. If I want to play location stuff I used to go up to Funspot but now I just hop over to Pelham to the Pin Wiz arcade. I didn't know about neacf.com...I'll have to join, thanks. I have a Big Guns that I'm in the middle of shopping that will eventually be for sale. I have a Maverick and Twister that need shopping that I'm considering parting with too. I like them all but I'm out of room!


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    rustybomber79 said:

    Cool, I did not know about neacf, going to register. I'm new to Pinside and have just recently remembered how much I love pinball. I live in West Newton, just outside of Boston. Since I have jumped back into pinball I have found only a few places to play:
    Game Undergound in Framingham has 1 machine (Super Mario Bros) and if I have the time I head up to Pinball Wizard Arcade in Lowell, but its about an hour away and I can't get up there much. Know of any other places to play some pins in the area??
    Would love to get my own machine, but right now my place is way too small.

    Lanes and Games in Cambridge MA is a great place to play pinball. Its close to the Alewife T stop. They have about 10 or so machines, mostly recent Sterns. All the machines are in fantastic condition. There is usually a friday night monthly tornament get together. The next one will probably be the Metallica launch party.


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    +1 for Lanes and Games. They stock all the lastest Sterns and have a nice little bar upstairs. I also like Pinball Wizard she has a ton of pins there.


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    New England rules!!! (except maybe Connecticut)


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Nude Hamstah' checking in.


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Aww VT is in New england To


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Vermont is only good for 3 things:

    1. Ben & Jerry's
    2. The Alchemist
    3. Guaranteed speeding ticket from some fat sheriff


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    Rascal_H said:

    If you're from any of those other crappy places in the world - BEAT IT! (Kidding, you can stay)

    Sounds like the exact philosophy and mind set of the "New England Arcade Collectors Forum" ... but at least you were "kidding" ...Right?


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    Rascal_H said:

    Cool, Game Underground is right near my work. Not sure I'd make the trip there for a Super Mario Bros though, hah.

    I don't really care for that machine too much either, but its also super close to my work and I will hit it on my lunch break sometimes.

    And sorry, I said Lowell, I meant Plaham for Pinball Wizard arcade, Don't want anyone to think there is 2 locations.

    docquest said:

    Lanes and Games in Cambridge MA is a great place to play pinball. Its close to the Alewife T stop. They have about 10 or so machines, mostly recent Sterns. All the machines are in fantastic condition. There is usually a friday night monthly tornament get together. The next one will probably be the Metallica launch party.

    Cool, I didn't know they had that many, I thought they had like 2 and wasn't sure if it would be worth the trouble, but for 10 I will make that trip.

    I actually made the trek to Funspot last weekend, the pins were kind of disappointing, most of them were not in very good conditon. The Adams Family, and Funhouse seemed to work ok, but almost all of the others I played were not working right...... but they are only 1 token, so I can't complain too much. It's a 2 hour trip for me and I will probably not be going back too soon.


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    and here's the link:

    http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

    Metallica will be in soon!!!


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Metallica is coming boys! Party at L&G's!!!!!!!!!!! Mike, we need a kick ass Metallica launch party!! I am talking wet pinball T-shirt contests and Hooters & Tilted Kilt girls dancing on the Lanes and dancing on the games! Let's party like it's 1992 and The Adams Family pin was just released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok..........I guess it's time for me to take my medication.


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    john041160 said:

    Aww VT is in New england To

    Oops, forgot Vermont. Added!

    marlboroman said:

    Sounds like the exact philosophy and mind set of the "New England Arcade Collectors Forum" ... but at least you were "kidding" ...Right?

    Sorta. I mean the idea is to meet and trade with local people... But everyone is welcome.


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    thedarkknight77 said:

    Metallica is coming boys! Party at L&G's!!!!!!!!!!! Mike, we need a kick ass Metallica launch party!! I am talking wet pinball T-shirt contests and Hooters & Tilted Kilt girls dancing on the Lanes and dancing on the games! Let's party like it's 1992 and The Adams Family pin was just released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok..........I guess it's time for me to take my medication.

    Works for me.


    11 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    You definitely need to get to Pinball Wizard, but for closer to home, Lanes & Games ROCKS!

    NH is pretty awesome. We have a drive-in theater too.


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #

    Happy weekend New Englanders.

    Beer and bowling with the neighbors tonight. Then home for pinball.

    Heads up: eabundy has a POTO for sale in CT


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #

    Yay NH!


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #
    Rascal_H said:

    Sorta. I mean the idea is to meet and trade with local people... But everyone is welcome

    Well, I'll be in Portland, Maine July 4th weekend and Boston the first week of August. I can offer up for trade: 2 NIB TFLE, 1 NIB HULK LE and 1 NIB AC/DC BIBLE. Looking for a BBB but open to other offers as well.

    -Mauro


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #
    Max_Badazz said:

    Yay NH!

    I 2nd that! REPRESENT!

    Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #

    Hey Rick,

    Are you ready to move that Indiana Jones yet?

    -Mauro


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #

    Got my Tommy up for sale.

    Shopped. Stripped down, hardware replaced where needed. New rubbers of course. Plastics are good (One replacement plastic came late that I still need to slap on). Lots of LED (most everything under playfield). 3 piece Cliffy set installed to cover minor wear around holes and protect against any future wear (Included a shop out pic so you can see holes are in pretty great shape). Cab in great shape. Very, very minor wear around flipper buttons.

    Let me know if you have questions or trade offers.

    Price: $2900
    Location: Wrentham, MA

    Video:

    » YouTube video


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #

    Ugh...one of the few remaining games on my short list....too bad I have nothing to trade


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #

    Hey Rascal, when do I get to road test that Tommy before you sell it ?
    Check your pin mail ?


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #
    Fixie said:

    Hey Rascal, when do I get to road test that Tommy before you sell it ?
    Check your pin mail ?

    Tomorrow maybe! Gotta double check with my office to make sure they don't need me. Sent you an email.


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #

    Hey guys (and girls)..Noob here. Putting my AVLE Blue up for trade.

    Has the Tesseract v2 light up mod and Captain America pop caps (still have originals also). Also upgraded flashers to led.

    I can supply more pics if anyone is interested...

    As a noob i'm pretty much interested in everything but in particular looking for Data East titles (TFTC, POTO, etc..) , along with X-men Pro, JD, JM, and TSPP (plus cash depending on the trade).

    Thanks,
    Andy


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #

    Hi from CT! Just posted a very nice NGG for sale or trade.


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #

    Hey from CT. Just saying Hi. Not many places to play in CT. I guess Newtown has a big lineup there for the kids but I am not sure how it works cause it's all set for free I heard. Must raise money through donations at the door. That's the only place I know of.


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #
    Goaler1 said:

    Hey guys (and girls)..Noob here. Putting my AVLE Blue up for trade.
    Has the Tesseract v2 light up mod and Captain America pop caps (still have originals also). Also upgraded flashers to led.
    I can supply more pics if anyone is interested...
    As a noob i'm pretty much interested in everything but in particular looking for Data East titles (TFTC, POTO, etc..) , along with X-men Pro, JD, JM, and TSPP (plus cash depending on the trade).
    Thanks,
    Andy

    Cool, I work in Framingham. Good luck with sale / trade. If Tommy is a DE title you like let me know.


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #
    pzy said:

    Vermont is only good for 3 things:
    1. Ben & Jerry's
    2. The Alchemist
    3. Guaranteed speeding ticket from some fat sheriff

    and maple syrup!


    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #
    pzy said:

    3. Guaranteed speeding ticket from some fat sheriff

    Funny, I've never had that problem.

    If any of you have registered at NEACF and not been given access, make sure you posted in the Introduce Yourself thread. Tell them you were told about NEACF from this thread. Sometimes the mods get busy and miss someone, but they are usually pretty quick about approving members.


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #
    Rascal_H said:

    Got my Tommy up for sale.
    Shopped. Stripped down, hardware replaced where needed. New rubbers of course. Plastics are good (One replacement plastic came late that I still need to slap on). Lots of LED (most everything under playfield). 3 piece Cliffy set installed to cover minor wear around holes and protect against any future wear (Included a shop out pic so you can see holes are in pretty great shape). Cab in great shape. Very, very minor wear around flipper buttons.
    Let me know if you have questions or trade offers.
    Price: $2900
    Location: Wrentham, MA
    Video:
    ยป YouTube video

    Tommy is trade pending.


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #

    It's starting to look like we might need a King Philip/Triboro pin group.


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #
    pzy said:

    Vermont is only good for 3 things:
    1. Ben & Jerry's
    2. The Alchemist
    3. Guaranteed speeding ticket from some fat sheriff

    While Heady Topper is excellent, obviously you haven't tried Lawson's Finest Liquids.

    (...and I wouldn't turn down most Long Trail or Magic Hat...)


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #
    ChadTower said:

    It's starting to look like we might need a King Philip/Triboro pin group.

    Count me in ?


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #

    Where's the "crazy enough to live next to Boston and have pins" crew?! Represent! Here's to high cost of living and small spaces.


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #

    I'm from New England I think.
    :: looks around ::
    Yeah, seems like it.


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #
    riggy469 said:

    If any of you have registered at NEACF and not been given access, make sure you posted in the Introduce Yourself thread. Tell them you were told about NEACF from this thread. Sometimes the mods get busy and miss someone, but they are usually pretty quick about approving members.

    I was booted out from that forum by mods and members! ... Reason: I'm not from "New England"

    -Mauro


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #
    marlboroman said:

    I was booted out from that forum by mods and members! ... Reason: I'm not from "New England"

    That sucks! You guys border NE and that should be good enough. Didn't know NEACF was so Xenophobic.


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #
    pdman said:

    That sucks! You guys border NE and that should be good enough. Didn't know NEACF was so Xenophobic.

    You can't be booted out if you were never in. It's a small and local New England group that doesn't want to be big. Xenophobia has nothing to do with it. NEACF stands for New England arcade collectors forum. It's just a New England group, that's all.


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #
    Pinballmike217 said:

    You can't be booted out if you were never in.

    Are you questioning me? Here you go have a look for yourself. http://neacf.com/mb/index.php?topic=4451.0

    If the link doesn't work do a search on Marlboroman.

    Its too bad because I know many pinheads in New England and Montreal is closer then certain other State to States. It would have been nice to meet other pinheads less then 5 hours away from my home and possibly make deals with... Oh well

    Example: I believe I ended up with your old Scared Stiff from Rick in New Hampshire ( not sure)

    -Mauro


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #

    I'm a long time NEACF member, as well as a mod there... I don't want to be a PIA, but QC isn't in the USA let alone New England. As was stated, NEACF/NEPF is for New England. New York people arn't even let in unless a well known member has met the person and can vouch for them.

    All that aside, this isn't NEACF- it's pinside! So who cares!


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #

    Marlboro is in Mass? That didn't count?


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #

    Nah, there's a rowdy hoodlum doctor that lives around that area... so that section of the state is off the map


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #

    LOL Dr Dave.... I was at his place last week. Nice stuff. He does good surgery.


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #
    Nightstick said:

    Hey from CT. Just saying Hi. Not many places to play in CT. I guess Newtown has a big lineup there for the kids but I am not sure how it works cause it's all set for free I heard. Must raise money through donations at the door. That's the only place I know of.

    Was just there tonight working on some of the games for thr owner. Up to 15 now and we've made a nice acquisition to add to the lineup that will be here next week.

    Arcade is free to kids of newtown. Everyone else is welcome for a 5 dollar entry fee. All games are on freeplay. Every donation counts and is all that keeps the doors open. No one is making any money with this arcade. Definetly support it to keep a place to play pins alive in a CT. Check Facebook for their hours.

    We also are starting the CT division of the New England Pinball League there in a couple of weeks. I will post the league info up in a minute for everyone. If you live in New England you should join! Hope to meet some more of you CT people there soon. It's going to be a good time. Let's represent CT strong with big numbers:)

    -Jim


    11 months, 1 week ago
    #

    League info:

    Ready to play some more league pinball, well lets start this up again.

    We are now up to 4 states in the mix now, below are the locations and the starting dates for each.

    Maine (JR's & Coast City Comics) - Thursday 6-6-13 @ JR's 7:30pm
    New Hampshire (Pinball Wizard Arcade) - Monday 6-3-13 7:30pm
    Massachusetts (Lanes & Games Arcade) - Wednesday 6-5-13 7:30pm
    and the newest location
    Connecticut (Sandy Hook Arcade Center) Tuesday 6-4-13 8pm

    This will be an 8 week session, and the cost will be $30. $20 goes towards the prize pool, and the other $10 goes towards the finals party (food, etc.)

    Payment is due no later than the 2nd meetup. This means you can try it out the first night, and if you don't like it, you are not out anything. (but I'm pretty sure you'll like it).

    The finals will be held at Lanes & Games (date still undecided either 8-3-13 or 8-24-13)

    There are players of all levels, and your groupings on a weekly basis are randomized.

    Each week works something like this. The on site organizer will take note of people who arrive (please be there at least 10-15 minutes early, so it can start on time). Once it starts you will most likely will not be able to join in.

    Next the organizer will make groups, and the order people will play in (groups of 3 or 4 people). Once the groups are set you go off and play. Each person in a 4 player group picks a game ( in a 3 player group player 1 picks 1st & 4th game).

    You all play the game (extra balls are not played - just plunged). At the end of the game you document all the scores. In a 4 player match up the highest score gets a 5, 2nd scores a 3, 3rd scores a 2, and last scores a 1. (In a 3 player grouping its 5,3,1).

    You continue until you play all 4 games. Tally up your sheet, and give it to the site organizer.

    The organizer will then submit the scores to Bowen, who will post it up to the website ( http://www.tinyurl.com/nepinball )



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple