Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg
    There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 24.
    #501 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

I believe Nordman is tied up with Lexy Lightspeed at the moment » YouTube video

That lock mech looks excellent.

#502 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ah there there, you don't have room for another game anyway.

I can fit two more!

#503 10 years ago

would love to see it but think the EATPM machine would be pretty hard to top.

#504 10 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

would love to see it but think the EATPM machine would be pretty hard to top.

Did it with Scared Stiff....

#505 10 years ago

I agree, Ted. Even though,I do like the artwork on the EATPM back glass better.

#506 10 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I agree, Ted. Even though,I do like the artwork on the EATPM back glass better.

See....that's why we need a third machine....

#507 10 years ago

I have EATPM fever right now. I really, really want one. I probably couldn't afford a new one right now, but man, I'd love to see a new Elvira game.

#508 10 years ago

I just got an EATPM and I freaking love it, ive been hunting her for a few years now. Id love to see the Elvira trifecta become a reality.

#509 10 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I have EATPM fever right now. I really, really want one.

They had one at the U of U union building back in the day (early 90's). Used to play it a lot.

Just went there a few months ago; no pinball anymore... just XBOX1

#510 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

They had one at the U of U union building back in the day (early 90's). Used to play it a lot.

Just went there a few months ago; no pinball anymore... just XBOX1

Yeah, that's a bummer. I remember playing pins in the union building between classes (sometimes during classes) in the late '90s.

#511 10 years ago

No more Elvira. I am on my stupid phone, so that's all I'll say.

EDIT: Off of my phone. Who cares, make more Elvira. She's more relevant than ever!

#512 10 years ago

I honestly think I'd probably sell my Scared Stiff before my EATPM.

#513 10 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

Quoted from isJ:

MORE Elvira. I am on my stupid phone, so that's all I'll say.

There, I fixed it for you, Chief.

#514 10 years ago

I'm curious as I don't have a lot of time on EATPM; why do some people like it better than SS? Nostalgically I do like several Sys11 games (Swords of Fury FTW). But since I played SS before I ever played EATPM, most of EATPM seems like a watered down version of what's in SS. Frankly, if I had played EATPM first, I might have felt SS was just a retread, don't know.

What makes Elvira so cool is her humor and innuendo. WPC has so much more robust audio than Sys11, which really brings home all of her audio clips. Minus "Oooh, nice organ!" there just isn't much speech in EATPM, which is a bummer. It's kind of a cool, kitschy game, I just don't see how it compares. Moreover, while they don't play exactly the same, I really don't see how anyone could own both of these games.

Than again, since I don't have much time on EATPM, I could be full of it.

#515 10 years ago

I feel the same way. I've never found EATPM as fun as SS.

#516 10 years ago

More + Elvira = Better

It's science. Now where do I find a good Party Monsters with the CPR goodies coming our way.

#517 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm curious as I don't have a lot of time on EATPM; why do some people like it better than SS?

I just like the shots better. SS is no slouch, it's a fantastic game, but I think EATPM gives a bit more challenge overall. You can't lose with either though!

#518 10 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

Well you don't have to buy one then....more for us.

#519 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm curious as I don't have a lot of time on EATPM; why do some people like it better than SS?

It just captures the era for me. SS has more audio, more Elvira, but EATPM just oozes with that late 80s flavor, which is what Elvira is all about to me. Don't get me wrong, I love them both, they're sitting next to each other in my garage, but if I ran out of room and really had to sell a pin to get something I wanted badly SS would probably go and EATPM would hold down the fort.

Of course I could get more money for SS too, which would probably factor into the 'buying something I wanted' equation too, if we're talking real world decisions.

#520 10 years ago

I don't think I haven't even played EATPM yet, but SS is one of the best pinballs ever. It's so good to me why would they try to top it?

#521 10 years ago

Do you think Planetary might do a SS remake? I would put my money on one of those fo sho!

#522 10 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

It's so good to me why would they try to top it?

You answered your own question.

#523 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

It just captures the era for me. SS has more audio, more Elvira, but EATPM just oozes with that late 80s flavor, which is what Elvira is all about to me.

I have a whole row of early 80s Bally games, so I get the appeal of some of the older stuff for sure.

Which game did you play first, EATPM or SS? I could see people going either way if they played EATPM first and then SS (more of the same vs bigger and better) but if you learned SS first, I find it hard to see EATPM as better, unless you have a particular affinity for Sys11 style games.

#524 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I honestly think I'd probably sell my Scared Stiff before my EATPM.

Never owned SS, but own EATPM. Honestly, I agree. I'd rather own EATPM. SS is great, don't get me wrong, just that EATPM has that true "pinball" feel and play. If they did a 3rd, it would be my 1st NIB...

#525 10 years ago

sold my ss what a mistake. I miss that pin and really if Casandra would do it. Get it done. I bet most of you would agreee that as pin collectors the majority are male? 40 to 50s and just love dirty talk from the opposite sex? I just love that character. The question should really be is it possible to make a better game then scared stiff? Because that is what would be expected. Ohha Do It Again!

#526 10 years ago

I even gave Dennis my idea for free! Elvira and the Monster Entourage! ...or ...EATME (I think he liked it!)

#527 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cheeks:

Which game did you play first, EATPM or SS? I could see people going either way if they played EATPM first and then SS (more of the same vs bigger and better) but if you learned SS first, I find it hard to see EATPM as better, unless you have a particular affinity for Sys11 style games.

I played Scared Stiff first, I owned it first actually, and there isn't another System 11 game that I would want to buy. EATPM is just a special game. ¯\_(シ)_/¯

#528 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I played Scared Stiff first, I owned it first actually, and there isn't another System 11 game that I would want to buy. EATPM is just a special game. ¯\_(シ)_/¯

Shot that theory all to hell.

#529 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Elvira and the Monster Entourage! ...or ...EATME

I hate to look like a cheerleader, Ted, but that wins for me.

Quoted from Aurich:

there isn't another System 11 game that I would want to buy. EATPM is just a special game.

I think you're missing out on some great or greatest pins of all time.

#531 10 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I think you're missing out on some great or greatest pins of all time.

Eh, I'm honestly not a giant System 11 fan. I appreciate them, I'll play them if they're around, but own? Not really my thing. I like the deeper rules of more modern pins. I also like variety though. I have EATPM, Shadow, SS, Tron, and Star Trek. It's a little from every modern era really. If I had the free cash this moment and could fill my last two physical slots in my garage with a Monster Bash and Metallica I'd be pretty happy.

#532 10 years ago

I like eatpm much more than ss.

#533 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Eh, I'm honestly not a giant System 11 fan. I appreciate them, I'll play them if they're around, but own? Not really my thing.

I was a teenager in the 80's, so if you're not in that age range I could understand if you're not in love with system 11 games. I actually could have nothing but system 11 pins in my collection and be totally content. Of course I'd still have to slip in a Scared Stiff somewhere in the collection.

#534 10 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I was a teenager in the 80's, so if you're not in that age range I could understand if you're not in love with system 11 games.

I was born in 77. Pinball isn't about nostalgia for me, I just love the game. EATPM is about an era in general, the whole Elvira thing, not really about 80s pinball itself. I'd get bored with just System 11s, I like more depth and modern features too. That's why I like to mix it up with different eras of game. If I had to sell all my collection but one I'd keep The Shadow.

#535 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Pinball isn't about nostalgia for me, I just love the game.

It's definitely a combination of the two for me. If I had the money(and room) I'd have something from every era too. At the end of the day, I think pins of the 90's are generally the best. I also would love to get my hands on a Metallica pin, that thing looks awesome.

#536 10 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I also would love to get my hands on a Metallica pin, that thing looks awesome.

Agreed, once I recover from buying Tron it's at the top of my list for next pin.

#537 10 years ago

I would happily trade my EATPM+cash for a scared stiff to anyone in the chicagoland area. I like EATPM, I like scared stiff more.

#538 10 years ago

This thread makes me really happy. I love Elvira and Dennis!

#539 10 years ago

I wish Dennis would get back on here and give us an update about everything he's doing....

#540 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I would happily trade my EATPM+cash for a Scared Stiff to anyone in the chicagoland area. I like EATPM, I like Scared Stiff more.

How about you just outright sell me your EATPM and we continue to be cool with each other?

2 months later
    #541 9 years ago

Still nothing on Elvira 3? Not even a BS rumor I could pretend is real for the next six months.

#542 9 years ago

Stop teasing me with updates to this thread that just end up being more inquires!

#543 9 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Stop teasing me with updates to this thread that just end up being more inquires!

Several months back, I did threaten to keep this thread alive so that the idea will stay alive. As long as Dennis and Greg are walking the Earth, there has gotta be a chance for this to happen. Updating this thread is torture, but it's got to be done.

#544 9 years ago
    Quoted from Cheeks:

I have a whole row of early 80s Bally games, so I get the appeal of some of the older stuff for sure.

I played EATPM first. Because it came out first, by many years! Actually played a German-language version a lot while spending a summer in Stuttgart. (Totenkopfs!) I get Aurich's preference and kind of agree. EATPM is a good kitschy pin from the 'Elvira' days. The gameplay of SS, while fun, is sort of a modernized Elvira reboot, even though the character is the same.

#545 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

The gameplay of SS, while fun, is sort of a modernized Elvira reboot, even though the character is the same.

Agreed. That's why I'd love to see an Elvira pin with the depth of something like WOZ. The Elvira character is so versatile the pin could go in any direction and work.

#546 9 years ago

Maybe a widebody Elvira? Fit more gadgets, shots and funny toys/elements. Mix it in with the Monster Bash crew for even more shenanigans. IIRC, wasn't Elvira's silhouette used in another game, but blacked out? Having a serious brain fart...

Nonetheless, there are endless ways to tie in the character to different themes. Let's do it, Dennis!

#547 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

wasn't Elvira's silhouette used in another game

The only thing I can think of is the Monster Bash translight. There is a small image of Elvira on there along with Elvis and a few other characters.

#548 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Maybe a widebody Elvira?

She did not get fat, did she?

Give me an eternally slim Elvira/Cassandra, please...

#549 9 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Several months back, I did threaten to keep this thread alive so that the idea will stay alive. As long as Dennis and Greg are walking the Earth, there has gotta be a chance for this to happen. Updating this thread is torture, but it's got to be done.

Your so right.

#550 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

She did not get fat, did she?

No she's not fat, only added maybe 5 pounds. She still looks sharp.

There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.