New arrival - AFM

Started 2 years ago by ninjabones in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

New arrival - AFM

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by ninjabones
  • 12 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from ninjabones

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years ago
    #

Only got to play for an hour last night... but so far, amazing. Very fast game. Man, the outlane is brutal (but currently at the widest setting) and SDM from the martian targets and left ramp is rough. I was worried that SM and AFM wouldn't make sense in a three-pin colleciton, but not seeing that much redundancy as of yet. Hilarious callouts. Shaker integration is phenomenal. Can't wait to hook up the subwoofer. Loving it!

Any recs on the playfield angle or other settings tweaks?

2 years ago
    #

Congrats!!!!

jimjam

Senior pinhead
    493,900 2
    2 years ago
    #
    ninjabones said:

ny recs on the playfield angle or other settings tweaks?

pour large bourbon - start game - don't stop playing until you rule the universe

2 years ago
    #

rock on man! nice lineup.

2 years ago
    #

Congrats!

Simply one of the best pins ever made:)

justonemore

Pinball addict
    907,300 2
    2 years ago
    #

my favorite game, nice flow , just fun to play!

2 years ago
    #

Congrats great pin, I love mine. What mods are on it? Shaker is a must.

2 years ago
    #

As of now, I have cliffy protectors on the SOL, target bank protectors, ramp protectors, LEDs, and the shaker. I have SM and LOTR hooked up to my sub... so I'll have to pick up another sub in the near future to complete the package. Waiting for Matt McKee to do another run and will likely pick up a topper as well.

The cabinet has brand new Treasure Cove decals; however, they must have tightened down the legs too much as there is some wrinkling around the two front legs. Not sure if that can be fixed. Any suggestions welcomed. I guess I could just get the bigger leg protectors, but I hear that just moves the wrinkles out to a new location over time.

All plastics are in good shape. Some minor cracking and wear on the ramps, but the decals are original and look great. Inserts are decent. Playfield looks fantastic in the seller's photos, but it had been restored and I'm not a big fan of whoever did the clearcoating (must have been done in a sawmill)... as the ridging over the inserts is more than I would like to see and with sidelight you can see a lot of dust/particles in the clearcoat. However, I am somewhat of a perfectionist and perhaps over-critical. Is it possible to smooth it out with an abrasive polish and orbital power buffer (without removing the playfield)? Again, suggestions appreciated.

2 years ago
    #

Congrats! I just picked up one as well, but I've only played a handful of games since mine needed shopped.

Pictures of the job in progress:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/hergtoler/PinballAFM?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLGB5J2K3azZygE&feat=directlink

2 years ago
    #

Great lineup. I want a Spidey. Now you just need a Shadow! Wait 'til ya see my AFM Topper I am making for mine.

Riffbear

Pinball addict
    1,056,450 2
    2 years ago
    #

Just get the color dmd for it now!

2 years ago
    #

AFM is, in my opinion, the best pin ever made.
    For mods I got the 6 small saucer led kit installed as well as the lighted back board and the Green large saucer.
    Have fun.

2 years ago
    #

very cool... where do you get that lighted backboard. I think I saw one back board with a cityscape that looked cool too.

2 years ago
    #

Can i get some pics of the car that 930 hood belongs too.

2 years ago
    #

2 years ago
    #

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple