Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 269 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by pzy
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hyper.gif
    GlassCompare2.jpg
    glassgoodies.jpg
    popcorn.gif
    1.jpg
    WP_000589.jpg
    bevel.JPG
    WP_000589.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    product2.jpg
    SYR.jpeg
    There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 12 years ago
    Quoted from MutterFudder:

I'll try to test the sound dampening question this weekend. I have the necessary equipment but not sure I'll have the time... That said, my quick and non-scientific opinion is that if there IS a difference between BezelGlass (TM) and standard, it's pretty negligible.

I appreciate this. My sound tests came out less than optimal due to some ambient noise. There will still be a comparison, but a more in-depth sound test would be great! I figure the biggest concern is the anti-reflective and anti-glare properties.

#252 12 years ago

So whats the verdict on this stuff?

#253 12 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

So whats the verdict on this stuff?

I believe its this Sunday!

#254 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

TaylorVA said:So whats the verdict on this stuff?
    I believe its this Sunday!

The video thing will be nice, but can we also get a short written summary of the results/impressions too?

#255 12 years ago

Sunday Sunday Sunday. Fire breathing nitro top fuelers, Big Daddy ...BE THERE!!! Wait, wrong Sunday. Can hardly wait for the results though. Inquiring minds want to know.

#256 12 years ago

In my opinion hold off until the video is done. It will make it more enjoyable.

#257 12 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

#258 12 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

#259 12 years ago

Apologies, as this wasn't as good as I would have liked it to be. I just realized my new laptop doesn't have a firewire interface, so I had to use the only USB mic I had available.

Methodology:

USB Directional microphone positioned on the glass above the plunger lane. Directionally pointed at the left flipper
    Mac OS 10.8 with GarageBand

I recorded with the BezelGlass and a standard sheet. Upon starting the game, I fired the left flipper a few times, followed by the right, followed by both. I then plunged the ball, focusing on the center ramp shot. The first 25 seconds or so will probably give you the best feel for sound differences.

Bezel: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2113522/damepning/Bezel.mp3

Standard: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2113522/damepning/Standard.mp3

I'll snag a work laptop this week and do this more properly by next weekend. That said, I think the files show there's a negligible if any difference from a sound dampening perspective.

Edit to add: I've drafted up a couple of thoughts about the glass after trying it out for a while across the different machines. I'll post those after PZY posts the video, as I don't think it's fair to undercut the work he's done in cutting all that footage together.

#260 12 years ago

FWIW, I couldn't tell the difference.

#261 12 years ago

Sunday is here!

#262 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Sunday is here!

+ 1,000,000,000

#264 12 years ago

Edit to add: I've drafted up a couple of thoughts about the glass after trying it out for a while across the different machines. I'll post those after PZY posts the video, as I don't think it's fair to undercut the work he's done in cutting all that footage together.

Agreed you should wait. And despite some being impatient, PZY should take his time on editing the video, which from what I'm told can be a lengthy chore.

But in the meantime, I'm very much enjoying the smart ass comments pushing to get this done. You guys crack me up.

#265 12 years ago
    Quoted from MutterFudder:

Agreed you should wait. And despite some being impatient, PZY should take his time on editing the video, which from what I'm told can be a lengthy chore.

But in the meantime, I'm very much enjoying the smart ass comments pushing to get this done. You guys crack me up.

#266 12 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

You guys crack me up.

Think of what this could mean! No more waiting, less cost, lower shipping costs. If it's 75% of what PDI has I am in.

#267 12 years ago

Someone explain why there is so much hype today. He said he would need at least a week, as in, it will take longer.

#268 12 years ago

Ever seen one of your kids, dancing around, and finally you tell him "go pee already"...alright...I get it, it will take longer. Probably could not order till tomorrow anyway. Maybe it's lack of football on TV.

There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amazing-pinball-glass/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.