(Topic ID: 59403)

Need ID4 Bash toy alien head halfs! Anyone remaking these or have stock?

By Hawk007

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gern
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy the alien head halves if made?”

• Need it, want it, would buy it! 29 votes
    66%
  • Meh..I could use a spare. 3 votes
    7%
  • No...Not at all. 3 votes
    7%
  • Whats ID4? 9 votes
    20%

(44 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo(2).JPG
photo(1).JPG
id4 alien.JPG
DSC04185.JPG
DSC04183.JPG
DSC04562.JPG
id4 alien.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image-1.jpeg
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

With the way the back screw holds the head in place, there shouldn't be a mounting issue that is not the fault of the motor itself. As long as some sort of lock washer or something is on that screw, it should be good. Whatever it is, it will be better than what we have, so let's get them made!

Mounting issues probably isn't the right way to say it. I think it was possible for it to be knocked a bit out of alignment, but since I don't even know how they attach, I don't want to say the wrong thing.

What I can say, is that they look great, and they worked just fine last night!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Mounting issues probably isn't the right way to say it. I think it was possible for it to be knocked a bit out of alignment, but since I don't even know how they attach, I don't want to say the wrong thing.
What I can say, is that they look great, and they worked just fine last night!

Well let's get them rolling, do you have the sculptors contact info?

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

Well let's get them rolling, do you have the sculptors contact info?

Pretty sure it was Back Alley Matt, earlier in the thread. Hopefully he'll check back in soon.

http://www.backalleycreations.com

1 week later
#54 10 years ago

Any finished products available yet?

#55 10 years ago

add me to another who will buy at least 2 sets, one to be replaced and another back up

1 week later
#56 10 years ago

This is worse than waiting for a metallica update......

#57 10 years ago

It just occurred to me that there could be licensing issues with recreating and selling these. ID4 is a movie property...

1 week later
#58 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

It just occurred to me that there could be licensing issues with recreating and selling these. ID4 is a movie property...

I doubt Roland Emmerich or Fox mind if a guy is recreating a handul of alien heads for a 20 year old pinball machine lol. The fact that its a movie license doesn't really matter, any toy on a pinball machine was created by an artist

4 weeks later
#59 10 years ago

hello.
I'm new here.
my name is Fernando Sousa and live in Portugal.
I know some of you looking for the Alien Head pinball Independence day.
I have 3 original heads for sale.

greetings
Fernando Sousa

#60 10 years ago

DSC04562.JPGDSC04562.JPG
#62 10 years ago

PM sent

#63 10 years ago

PM sent!

#64 10 years ago

PM sent.........for a buddy.

#65 10 years ago

#66 10 years ago

Hello there i'm new and came across your thread i'm interested in a alien head for my ID4 please can you contact me if they are still available thanks

#67 10 years ago

how much are they ??

#68 10 years ago

I inquired on the price below is the reply received. I'm not big on bank transfers. I passed and will hope Back Alley will makes them.

"each € 110 with shipping included.
Payment only by bank transfer
bank fees for their responsibility "

#69 10 years ago

Does anyone have a broken left they could part with..?
I have a pin with a broken right and a missing left..
A broken set to maybe make a copy or even attempted to repair is better then a 1/2 set..

Thanks

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from wolowizard:

quanto eles estão?

hello.
in Portugal

#71 10 years ago

So what happened to the people who were going to try and reproduce these?

#72 10 years ago

Ok so just got word that the ones I made actually held up just fine to the bashing and abuse, so I am gonna see about sneaking a few in here really quick. You might have to do a little tweaking with them when you get them but I think we should be good. The hard part is they have to be drilled to a exact depth and there are mounting on the top and on the sides. I have spotting in the mold but you have to bottom drill them and taper the ends to make sure the turning shaft fits perfect and well..... this is the tweaking part.

All of you have a drill and bits so I will give this a go and all should be fine but just a heads up it might need a little tweaking when installing, nothing that should take anyone more then 5mins and might not even happen. I just want to be open and make sure everyone knows whats up before it arrives. Everyone here knows me and knows that I will stand behind what I make but this part has potential to be problematic. But I think we can make it happen.

Gonna take some time to make, maybe a few weeks hopefully less. Got a few while I am waiting on WOZ brackets to get making the 75th parts

#74 10 years ago

Where can I send my money BackAlleyMatt?

#75 10 years ago

BackAlleyMatt, I'm gonna need some too... I love this machine and is hard to find spare parts for it...

#76 10 years ago

hello.
Alien Head were all sold.
thank you

#77 10 years ago

Time to make more?

#78 10 years ago

Working on them this coming week. Will post updates soon. Thanks

#80 10 years ago

Hello has anyone heard how backalleymatt is getting on reproducing the alien heads? I missed out on fernando's set and would be interested on purchasing a new set. I'll keep checking I guess they take a while to produce.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from alepage:

Hello has anyone heard how backalleymatt is getting on reproducing the alien heads? I missed out on fernando's set and would be interested on purchasing a new set. I'll keep checking I guess they take a while to produce.

Working on them, just slammed with hobbit and Woz 75th at the moment. Trying to sneak them in and get them done really quick.

#82 10 years ago

yes, need one super bad. one half is in pieces. I will gladly pay for at least 2 sets!

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from BIGMAC76:

yes, need one super bad. one half is in pieces. I will gladly pay for at least 2 sets!

Me too.. 2 or 3... wont sell my id4, so i need spare parts till the end of my life...

#84 10 years ago

Progress Update: Got a few more in the molds curing as we speak
id4 alien.JPGid4 alien.JPG

#85 10 years ago

They look great, do you have an idea on costing? are you taking money now how do I go about paying?, and when do you think they will be ready. Please message me
Thanks Alepage

1 week later
#86 10 years ago

Base coat done now to airbrush, should have all painted tonight.

photo(1).JPGphoto(1).JPG

#87 10 years ago

Looking good Matt, can't wait to see you RBION mods! This is a welcome edition to those looking for ID4 Aliens!

#88 10 years ago

Excellent! Thank you, can't wait to get one........what's this about RBION mods?

#89 10 years ago

I don't know if you watch the walking dead but that one in the bottom right corner... "CLAIMED!"

#90 10 years ago

Fantastic !! Cant wait to buy some !!

#91 10 years ago

Clear coat is curing as we speak

photo(2).JPGphoto(2).JPG
#92 10 years ago

I'm in for a set the second they come up for sale

#94 10 years ago

so how do we order a set?

#95 10 years ago

I can start shipping tomorrow, want to give it the night to cure. I was thinking $100 for the set shipped. Was trying to keep a fair price and not over charge for a super hard to find part. Last set I saw sold $150 shipped and was posted above in this thread.

One thing to keep in mind and want everyone to be aware is the holes for mounting. I am sure I am making this a bigger deal then it is but just want to be open and honest. The holes in the originals that I have are kinda oval and not prefect. I made them the same size, same depth, bottom drilled then the same as the originals so everything should line up. But the set I made for my friend need a little tweaking, nothing more then a round file and a little sand paper to clean off the metal post in the game, but took a little tweaking to get it installed and lined up. Don't think it took more them 5mins.

Again, don't see any problems that anyone should have but it has a top screw mounting into a bottomed out hole and a side screw that is a pain to line up when installing. Again my holes line up with the original I have but just want to give a heads up that it might take a little tweaking.

If by any means anyone is unhappy with it ship it back and full refund right away. Don't want to scare anyone but I have always back my product and been open with my customers so figured I would mention it. Hope this doesn't scare any one away, most of you know me so hopefully this put ur mind at rest.

Anyone who wants to order send me a PM and I will get you the paypal detail.

#96 10 years ago

I'm in, PM sent

#98 10 years ago

was asked to post a few pics, sorry not the greatest had to take from my cell

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG
#99 10 years ago

Mark me down for 2

#100 10 years ago

Beautiful / quality work as always Matt, those look fantastic!

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-id4-bash-toy-alien-head-halfs-anyone-remaking-these-or-have-stock/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.