(Topic ID: 59403)

Need ID4 Bash toy alien head halfs! Anyone remaking these or have stock?

By Hawk007

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gern
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy the alien head halves if made?”

• Need it, want it, would buy it! 29 votes
    66%
  • Meh..I could use a spare. 3 votes
    7%
  • No...Not at all. 3 votes
    7%
  • Whats ID4? 9 votes
    20%

(44 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo(2).JPG
photo(1).JPG
id4 alien.JPG
DSC04185.JPG
DSC04183.JPG
DSC04562.JPG
id4 alien.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image-1.jpeg
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

As post says...Please help. I have a very nice Independence Day pinball machine but it needs the alien bash head halves badly! Mine are almost gone!! Any solutions or help greatly appreciated. I am sure if anyone made these again they would sell out as every game needs one.
Any creative solutions out there?

#2 10 years ago

That's funny you ask this. I was just playing a Independence Day a few hours ago, and half of the alien head was smashed up. Must be pretty common. Hope you find one!

#4 10 years ago

yes i could use one too

#5 10 years ago

I have searched all over for one but I haven't been able to locate. Mine works fine but the left side is broken.

#6 10 years ago

I may ask Matt to see if maybe he can tackle this. He does some amazing stuff at back alley creations!

3 weeks later
1 week later
#9 10 years ago

I would buy at least 2 of these

#10 10 years ago

Post pics. I would like to help.

#11 10 years ago

I will take some pictures tomorrow and post here. Would love to get a new one.

#12 10 years ago

I will post my picture here in a couple hours as soon as I get to the machine.

#13 10 years ago

here are a couple bad pics.

image-1.jpegimage-1.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg

#15 10 years ago

How does this work and why is in two halves.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#16 10 years ago

Weird. My head has no colour at all. Never even realised it was mean to be painted. It's not that the paint has chipped off, it's just a off white bone colour. Wonder if at some time there was a repro run? Now I really want to replace it - grrrr

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

How does this work and why is in two halves.

When the head is shot, it splits open to reveal a hole for a ball lock

#18 10 years ago

Looks like the head off the action figure lineup of toys for ID4, and there are plenty of the figures on e-bay for fairly cheap.

-Hans

#19 10 years ago

I tried a couple of the ID4 toys off ebay and none of them I found so far will work. In pictures they look the same but when you actually have one they are quite different.

#20 10 years ago

i have also tried the toys, do not work

#21 10 years ago

BlindVoyeur says if anyone can send him their alien head, he can recreate these for us. I cannot send him mine as ID4 is my only game at the moment, so dont want to make my only game unplayable. can anyone send him a head?

#22 10 years ago

Can anyone offer up your head for a short period of time? I bet if you offer your head, you can get a free repro......

#23 10 years ago

Yep. A free couple of pairs would be a given

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#25 10 years ago

PM sent

#26 10 years ago

My head is broken on one side so I am not sure mine would be of any use. I would for sure send it if it could be helpful.

#27 10 years ago

I will gladly offer up mine for this to happen for everyone, no problem. But mine is REALLY bad. Does not look anything like it should now. Tops both broken off and the lower sides too! And worse yet is I do not have the pieces. D'oh!

#28 10 years ago

Yeah I am missing the pieces too. Blind, do you plan on just taking a mold, could you add on the missing top broken part with your artistic skills?

#29 10 years ago

I am working on this with Blind Voyeur anybody care to speak to his credibility before I send these off to him

#30 10 years ago

I will give you a credit ref on Ryan (Blind Voyer). Straight up guy with a ton of talent. He was a action figure guy before pinball. I have seen Ryans figures in person.....full sculpted and flat out mind blowing...this guy puts 27 coats of paint on the eyeballs alone. He is extremely maticulous and his results are something that you guys just plain won't believe. The bash toy on ID4 is flat out childs play for Ryan. I stand behind Ryan 100 percent...send your bash toys to him...if they disappear, I personally will pay for you another set....Jump in! You will be glad you did. Totally cool guy, and somebody that is all for the pinball community, he does this because he loves pinball and art, a true asset to our hobby.

#31 10 years ago

Thanks that was what I was hoping to hear

#32 10 years ago

Ryan, are you a member of sideshow freaks?

2 weeks later
#33 10 years ago

if new heads are made I would be in for one...... or two. keep us posted

#34 10 years ago

i want one. mines kinda tan color no paint, mostly intact though.

2 months later
#35 10 years ago

Is anybody currently working on this? I have the alien head. I have a professional prop maker and painter ready to make the molds and paint the pieces. He knows everything about high density impact resistant resins and is an amazing painter.

I think I can have finished pieces with a minimal lead time. Just don't want to step on anyone's toes or duplicate someone elses work.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

Is anybody currently working on this? I have the alien head. I have a professional prop maker and painter ready to make the molds and paint the pieces. He knows everything about high density impact resistant resins and is an amazing painter.
I think I can have finished pieces with a minimal lead time. Just don't want to step on anyone's toes or duplicate someone elses work.

I have been hearing for a long long time that someone was going to make the heads.....so far, no heads. Please build it.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

DO IT!

#39 10 years ago

Let me check with my buddy to see how they held up on location. They take a lot to make with all the holes in the. Where the rods go into them require them to be drill to a specific depth and it needs to be flat exact other wise they will not open or they will fly off. The actual head is no prob but the mounting areas take a lot of time. Also I made them thicker in the areas where they where breaking at the top. I'll get back to you guys once I hear if they still live

id4 alien.jpgid4 alien.jpg
#40 10 years ago

I sent my heads to blind voyer a couple months ago, I finaly got my orignals back but no new ones or any explanation aa to why. I dont know if he is actually going to make any or not and have not been in contact with him since. Somebody make these please

#42 10 years ago

In the immortal words of Roseannrossannadana, "Nevermind". Looking forward to getting a spare for my machine from Matt.

#43 10 years ago

Bingo! Killer, Matt....I'm in too.

#44 10 years ago

This is a much need part, hope you get them made!

3 weeks later
#45 10 years ago

I need one of these too! Any updates on how they held up on location? Any idea what kind of price point we might be looking at?

#46 10 years ago

Hey I will buy 2 sets when finished, I would like to buy an unpainted set that I can custom paint

#47 10 years ago

, does anyone know how to adjust the heads so that there is no gap between the 2halves when the head is closed? Looks like the only way is to take the servo motor cometely apart and adjust the gears?

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Let me check with my buddy to see how they held up on location.

Pretty sure your buddy and I were talking about just this at league last night while playing. There may or may not still be mounting issues with it if you whack it really good, but in general they are still holding up. Looks-wise, they still look really good.

#49 10 years ago

Any update? Just an impatient ID4 owner

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Pretty sure your buddy and I were talking about just this at league last night while playing. There may or may not still be mounting issues with it if you whack it really good, but in general they are still holding up. Looks-wise, they still look really good.

With the way the back screw holds the head in place, there shouldn't be a mounting issue that is not the fault of the motor itself. As long as some sort of lock washer or something is on that screw, it should be good. Whatever it is, it will be better than what we have, so let's get them made!

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-id4-bash-toy-alien-head-halfs-anyone-remaking-these-or-have-stock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.