Need a Stern Viper manual

By Tridentphoto

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Viper Stern Electronics, 1981
#1 10 years ago

Anyone got a manual for this game? I need a copy, PDF, Jpegs, whatever you have.
Turret magnet wil not engage, and the rotate and fire buttons don't work.
I need to figure out where to start troubleshooting.
Thanks in advace

Jeff

#3 10 years ago

Brilliant! Thank you so much!
On the off chance you might know, all the target switches on the root shooter say they should have a .05MFD cap, but none do. Should I add caps? And can I add different values? I'm not sure what they are but I have some that are avx 40J NPO.

1 month later
#4 10 years ago

dont worry about the caps.. wont effect it working.

Quoted from Tridentphoto:Brilliant! Thank you so much!
On the off chance you might know, all the target switches on the root shooter say they should have a .05MFD cap, but none do. Should I add caps? And can I add different values? I'm not sure what they are but I have some that are avx 40J NPO.

Don't worry about the caps. Wont effect it working. A good starting point when dealing with your roto shooter is to start by cleaning all of your contacts. After that take the two screws out of the rotating motor part.. next to where the wires come in from the relay.. you will see putty covering the wires.. take the spinning mech out and grease it a little bit. Also clean the contacts on the spinning board that rotates. check your header pins and connectors on your solenoid board for any damage. Honestly it is probably a dirty contact issue. Cleaning them should fix most of it. If not message me and I can help.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for the reply, I got it all working several weeks ago. It was the circular circuit board that had an issue. The power wasn't getting from one side to the other via the rivets. I resoldered them and it worked fine.
Now I'm waiting on a custom 3D printed snake to replace that plastic that's stock. I designed it and sent the file to get printed. I hope it turns out. I'll likely paint it metallic silver to go with the game.
I'll post a photo when it's done.
Jeff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

3,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warrenton, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-a-stern-viper-manual and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.