Crybaby.jpg
image-50.jpg
bubble-burst-o.gif
al-bunde.gif
Waah-1.gif
kid_crying.JPG
mm.jpg
sneetches (1).jpg
There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 10 years ago

I just sent the following to my distributor:

Please cancel my STLE order.

With all that is going on with classic and valuable games being re-released, I have decided to keep my collection in its present state and make no further game purchases for the foreseeable future. It is possible that I may liquidate my collection before AFM, MB, and CC are re-released, destroying their value. It is only a matter of time that Stern begins releasing an LE2 version of its more popular LE games destroying any potential for appreciation. Due to the greed of the powers that be (Planetary Pinball), who have decided to destroy the value of my classic games, I can no longer support the hobby. Perhaps it is time for pinball to finally die.

#2 10 years ago

So how much do you want for your CC?

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Due to the greed of the powers that be (Planetary Pinball), who have decided to destroy the value of my classic games, I can no longer support the hobby.

It's a hobby not the stock market.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

that I may liquidate my collection before AFM, MB, and CC are re-released,

Waaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

#5 10 years ago

I take it your an original MM owner?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

LMAO

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Waaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

My thoughts exactly.

#8 10 years ago

To the true collector the original pin in A-1 condition should not drop in value. The Continuation Pins will be lower in price. The continuation pins will not be identical. Serial numbers and labelling inside or on the back will be different.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Waaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Lol

#10 10 years ago

Boo hoo

#11 10 years ago

Ridiculous, sell to me @ firesale prices then.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Due to the greed of the powers that be (Planetary Pinball), who have decided to destroy the value of my classic games, I can no longer support the hobby.

Some people collect pinball because they enjoy playing the games.

Some people collect pinball because they hope to sell at a profit.

Who is more greedy?

#13 10 years ago

.....you cancel an stern LE order based on a williams game being remade and called an LE? Stern has never reproduced an LE game...soooo your statement doesn't make sense.

#14 10 years ago

Sincerely, CRY ME A RIVER.

Your lucky enough to have a collection like that and you want to bitch about others being allowed to buy a MM new for a reasonable price. Glass is half full buddy, this is great for pinball. Especially people new to the hobby.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Waaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

You forgot the Pic of the kid crying

#16 10 years ago

Sorry, I don't get it.
When exactly did your pins stop being fun to play?

#17 10 years ago

Translation : I wish I would have bought google instead of all these pinball machines.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

You forgot the Pic of the kid crying

Let's not start THAT again....

#19 10 years ago

What a baby

#20 10 years ago

Wow,do we need to call the waahmbulance? I paid $6500 for my MM and $10000 for my CC and they were worth $12-$15k each. Now they are not but they are still cool games.

#21 10 years ago

The new one won't have the Williams logo according to the flyer. The originals will still have value to collectors. People who are interested in the remake weren't going to pay the inflated value of the original anyway.
In my opinion, that is.

#22 10 years ago

I own an MM that I bought a few months ago. Love the game and love playing it. I'm bummed that it may lose significant value from where I paid. I can live with that. Up to 1000 others will have a chance to own a great game.

But I hope karma comes around to bite all you idiots in the ass who are happy about the potential losses that current owners may incur.

#23 10 years ago

This is the best thing that has happened for PLAYERS and LOVERS of pinball in a long time. I hope they re-issue all of the great classics, then we'll all be able to get our hands on one, just like we did in the arcade! For hoarders and investment buyers, and the ridiculous price tags that go along with those machines, you played the market, but unfortunately your stocks just took a dump.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

This is the best thing that has happened to PLAYERS and LOVERS of pinball in a long time. I hope they re-issue all of the great classics, then we'll all be able to get our hands on one.

Well, 1000 of us will anyway.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Up to 1000 others will have a chance to own a great game.

Plus they may run non LE version.

By the way not happy for anyone's loss but glad that the remakes may all be newly made and now at market price for everyone else.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

Well, 1000 of us will anyway.

In due time. I can't imagine they won't re-release other titles they have the rights to. Then maybe I'll be able to pick up a player's machine!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

I own an MM that I bought a few months ago. Love the game and love playing it. I'm bummed that it may lose significant value from where I paid. I can live with that. Up to 1000 others will have a chance to own a great game.
But I hope karma comes around to bite all you idiots in the ass who are happy about the potential losses that current owners may incur.

Happy about losses? no. Happy there are more to potentially buy. It was the "idiot" market that drove up the price, right? well you pay what you think the game is worth at the time. With the originals keeping the wpc boards, lights, w logo etc. I don't see them dropping in price. This is similar to the BBB rerun.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Some people collect pinball because they enjoy playing the games.
Some people collect pinball because they hope to sell at a profit.
Who is more greedy?

Vid, I can't agree with your sentiment. You are overlooking the category of collectors who collect pins and treasure them for their rarity. Yes there is a positive correlation between rarity and price. But the market stabilizes and trades within an established range once all players have weighed in. At that point, the collector's decision to purchase isn't about the price, but about the benefit of owning the collectible item and the intangible value it brings to the quality of their collection.

Unfortunately for those of us that desire to own fine things that are not common, the PP announcement may really rock the foundations of our collections. That, is what is disappointing.

It's too early to say what will happen, but I'm already looking at other options.

#29 10 years ago

I dont want anyone to lose money. Not to sound conceded I have plenty of money and I can buy anything I want for this life time and the next, but having 5/6 games a year (3/4 Stern) 1 JJ, and this ( at 7 to 10 k a pop) is going to collapse the market and I think that is a good thing. I know a lot of people who would love to buy machines, but the prices for them are too high and this can hopefully correct the market even if i lose money l am happy

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Happy about losses? no. Happy there are more to potentially buy. It was the "idiot" market that drove up the price, right? well you pay what you think the game is worth at the time. With the originals keeping the wpc boards, lights, w logo etc. I don't see them dropping in price. This is similar to the BBB rerun.

Supposedly, it won't have the logo, according to the flyer and Pinball News. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

#31 10 years ago

Well, we know what is coming next!

sneetches (1).jpgsneetches (1).jpg
#32 10 years ago

Its a game and now people who want one in new condition to have one, if u want it buy it if u dont dont, I buy things bc i want them not because of appreciation, (that what investing is for). If i buy a ferrari i dont expect it to be worth more the foIIowing year, it is what it is reIax, i hope this heIps stern change for the better

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

+1,000,000 if you are in this hobby solely to make money, you are in it for the wrong reasons

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Vid, I can't agree with your sentiment. You are overlooking the category of collectors who collect pins and treasure them for their rarity. Yes there is a positive correlation between rarity and price. But the market stabilizes and trades within an established range once all players have weighed in. At that point, the collector's decision to purchase isn't about the price, but about the benefit of owning the collectible item and the intangible value it brings to the quality of their collection.
Unfortunately for those of us that desire to own fine things that are not common, the PP announcement may really rock the foundations of our collections. That, is what is disappointing.
It's too early to say what will happen, but I'm already looking at other options.

MM is only "rare" because people want it.

There are much rarer games, that sell for much less money (Starlight (100 made), Time Fantasy (400), Algar (350), Pokerino (1000)... all compaired to MM (4000).

The new, fake MM will have no Williams logos, a tiny CPU board, built in LEDs and a host of other differences.

Hard core collectors who what the "finest" things will only accept the original in their collections.

Everyone who just wants to play pinball, will be happy with the fake ones.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from dav8515:

Its a game and now people who want one in new condition to have one, if u want it buy it if u dont dont, I buy things bc i want them not because of appreciation, (that what investing is for). If i buy a ferrari i dont expect it to be worth more the foIIowing year, it is what it is reIax, i hope this heIps stern change for the better

+1 I'm happy w/ my Original MM and I seriously doubt these 1000 units will be in folks homes by June 30th, 2014. We've been here before although Rick does have a head start from 8 years of Wayne work......

time is ticking and money is flowing like water today

Bill

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There are much rarer games, that sell for much less money (Starlight (100 made), Time Fantasy (400), Algar (350), Pokerino (1000)... all compaired to MM (4000).
The new, fake MM will have no Williams logos, a tiny CPU board, built in LEDs and a host of other differences.
Hard core collectors who what the "finest" things will only accept the original in their collections.

I bet they are all sold by the end of the day. It seems the "fake" ones have some legs in terms of collect-ability to be honest with you.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

built in LEDs.

Hmm...is it confirmed that they'll be using built-in LEDs? That would be a bummer.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Hmm...is it confirmed that they'll be using built-in LEDs

I'm pretty sure he said the insert are lit with leds mounted to a board and GI is 44/47 sockets

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Supposedly, it won't have the logo, according to the flyer and Pinball News. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

Ya, I said the original will have the logo, wpc boards and socket lights.

#40 10 years ago

I really think ultimately this will be terrible for pinball. A lot of people in this hobby feel like they can buy a high end game and then sell it later if they want and not lose crazy money, not talking about the for profit guys just the average player, this announcement has proved nothing is "safe" this didnt just devalue medieval madness it devalues every game. This announcement will immediately eject many from the hobby just llike the OP. I mean if big money stops buying pins and NIBs quit selling then our hobby is gonna be pretty crappy in a while. I mean hey i love the prospect of being able to buy pins for what i did years ago, but if its because a ton of people lost a ton of money and jumped out of the hobby no thanks.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

how many of the "finest" mm are out there? how many bnib/huo with no restored parts or alterations or new playfields/decals are out there?

mm machines that were heavily routed then quickly shopped would not be what i consider all that fine. a bnib remake is right up my alley.

i am llooking forward to the ccc remake as well. great time for pinball

#42 10 years ago

Many of you may be glad to see the higher end collectors values destroyed and enjoy your chance to own an MM, CC, MB etc. However, the high end collector is not the only one who will be hurt in the long run. Anyone who owns one of these game in less than new condition will suffer a loss. The decrease in price of those games, plus the increased supply of new games, will hurt the overall value of all used games. It is like printing printing more money which in turn devalues all of the currency. This may rock the foundation of the higher end collector. It will ultimately hurt the value of everyones games because as soon as a game becomes worth $7-8K, it will be reproduced, destroying its value.

Enjoy the decline.

#43 10 years ago

Talk about a momentary market correction. This in the end may affect it by max 25% in price, that mostly will be momentary within 2 years the price will be north of 12k again.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Many of you may be glad to see the higher end collectors values destroyed and enjoy your chance to own an MM, CC, MB etc. However, the high end collector is not the only one who will be hurt in the long run. Anyone who owns one of these game in less than new condition will suffer a loss. The decrease in price of those games, plus the increased supply of new games, will hurt the overall value of all used games. It is like printing printing more money which in turn devalues all of the currency. This may rock the foundation of the higher end collector. It will ultimately hurt the value of everyones games because as soon as a game becomes worth $7-8K, it will be reproduced, destroying its value.
Enjoy the decline.

It's ok I will play my value out of my games and when I die they can bury me with them

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Enjoy the decline.

We will.....by filling our game rooms with cheaper machines. Thanks.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Venom_249:

A lot of people in this hobby feel like they can buy a high end game and then sell it later if they want and not lose crazy money

Those people were always going to end up on the wrong side of that mistaken impression. Always. It was just a matter of how soon. I say bring it on, it's only healthy for the hobby.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Hmm...is it confirmed that they'll be using built-in LEDs? That would be a bummer.

It sounded like he said the LEDs for the playfield were soldered and the GI were regular LEDs.

#48 10 years ago

This is exciting and disappointing news. I agree with both sides. Mrbillishere is right on how the collectible market works. Whether beenie babies, lladro, cars, or mego action figures. Sometimes besides the joy of playability, the rarity of an item factors into the allure for being a collector and choices you make in purchases. On the other side, if you don't have one of these titles that is being remade based on affordability or availability there is a reason to rejoice. If I didn't have one I would be jumping for joy too - I get it. It is cool.

Where I'm torn on the issue is I've been after BBB as my grail for a long time. The hunt has been frustrating and admittedly fun. Bagging the big elephant was gratifying. Love the game. If they announced a remake of BBB today, I would be bummed. I know - wa wa wa. Being real and honest - just another side of the coin. Supply did not meet demand, so I paid to meet my demand. New supply - you lose. It's life. Fair to debate what this does to the collectible nature of the hobby though. Worth discussing without accusing of whining. Do all games then level out at $10k?

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

What he said.

OP: Sour grapes.

Good for pinball. When I buy a game that money is SPENT (burnt) at point of purchase. I enjoy PLAYING my games. AND keeping them.

The "investment" aspect of this hobby is really only a peripheral distraction.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Enjoy the decline.

Dude you are hilarious. First of all your precious stocks er I mean games only went up to the crazy values in the last 3 years. You have a great collection you have enjoyed and still can. Unless you just bought these recently and your plan was to flip them, then it wont impact much of anything.
Otherwise the rest of the new hobbiest have cash to buy the new machines vs old and will get a chance like you had to build our game rooms up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-thoughts-on-the-mm-announcement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.