Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-511.jpg
FREEPLAYfinal.jpg
NEWRULESFINALblk.jpg
Star_Trek_USS_Enterprise_NCC1701_1_freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_1920-1600x1200.jpg
ST_4x6.jpg
enterprise_wall05_1920_4x6.jpg
Star_Trek_USS_Enterprise_NCC1701_1_freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_1920-1600x1200.jpg
enterprise_wall05_1920.jpg
1553252_10152116444719244_1901193538_o.jpg
metallica-pinball-back.jpg
METPREShotMap-Updated.jpg
1013786_10151681842969244_1453539902_n.jpg
image-565.jpg
image-357.jpg
image-808.jpg
LISRULES2.jpg
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

This is my first attempt at making Custom Apron Cards. I posted photos on another thread, and had a request to upload the images. Here they are! I may take another crack at it to try to make the Rules a little more legible, now that I sort of know what I'm doing.STLERULES.jpgSTLERULES.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Nice. I need the two Girls on one card though. get cracking : )

#3 10 years ago

Commander Riker isn't going to like your Free Play card.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Nice. I need the two Girls on one card though. get cracking : )

Always wants more chicks

#5 10 years ago

too much going on the shots card....

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

too much going on the shots card....

Yes, I agree. I just love that image. Perhaps I'll try something that's more of a single colour background with action only in the spaces. I will upload here when I have something I'm happy with. Otherwise, it would be cool if others took a crack at it too. This was a first attempt.

#7 10 years ago

Looks very nice. I will try my hand at it too but not going to be for awhile because I just got word I can p/u my machine today!

#8 10 years ago

That was good feedback. I think this is a much better presentation. STLERULES2.jpgSTLERULES2.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Better... now don't do two shades of blue.... It makes it harder to read. Lighten the darker blue and make the cyan white.

#10 10 years ago

are rules basically same for pro....would love these.

#11 10 years ago

lol how about something like this:

stfree.jpgstfree.jpg
#12 10 years ago

Still working away here. I think the pale blue on black is more legible than the darker blueSTLERULES2MKII.jpgSTLERULES2MKII.jpg. Here we go again!

#13 10 years ago

Try removing filler words to make each fit on one line. For example, get rid of both "the"s for Black Hole and delete "the" and change "and" to semicolon or slash for Vengence. If not enough, delete enemy or ship.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

lol how about something like this:

stfree.jpg 39 KB

Change "Free Play" to "Let's Play"

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Still working away here. I think the pale blue on black is more legible than the darker blue. Here we go again!

STLERULES2MKII.jpg 244 KB

I like this color scheme better

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Change "Free Play" to "Let's Play"

stfreeLET-920.jpgstfreeLET-920.jpg
#17 10 years ago

Love the work here. I have a friend with a Pro. Are the rules different?

#18 10 years ago

also feeling lazy to search...what are stern card sizes?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

stfreeLET-920.jpg 39 KB

Now your talking Nice work

#20 10 years ago

I would love to get a copy of these when they are available.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Try removing filler words to make each fit on one line. For example, get rid of both "the"s for Black Hole and delete "the" and change "and" to semicolon or slash for Vengence. If not enough, delete enemy or ship.

Yes, I thought about that. I tried it in another version, but thought some might be sticklers for the original wording. Would be nice to do some editing, and make it more concise... hopefully enough to increase font size.

#22 10 years ago

Couldn't make them all one line, so moved the verbose one to the bottom. Not sure if it's an improvement or not?? Moving the ship over a tad made it more balanced to my eye.

STLERULES2MKIII.jpgSTLERULES2MKIII.jpg

#23 10 years ago

Here's another approach...

Engage.jpgEngage.jpg

#24 10 years ago

Very nice. Good enough to use on my game. you should feel special.

#25 10 years ago

STLEIllogical.jpgSTLEIllogical.jpg

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Very nice. Good enough to use on my game. you should feel special.

I feel VERY special!!

#27 10 years ago

Awesome MapleSyrup! Thanks!!

#28 10 years ago

What about these from Stern?

Can someone pimp this for me?SRLE Rules.jpgSRLE Rules.jpgSTLE Card.jpgSTLE Card.jpg

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Can someone pimp this for me?

STLE Card.jpg 85 KB

SRLE Rules.jpg 144 KB

Oh Cool! I hadn't even seen these! That's a much more complete ruleset too! Back to the point and clicking board!

#30 10 years ago

Another...

STLEBoldly.jpgSTLEBoldly.jpg

#31 10 years ago

Another...

STLEKM.jpgSTLEKM.jpg

#32 10 years ago

Good job Maple Syrup! Dang that chick is hot! That would explain me draining my balls looking at the play card. Um, did I just make a joke!

#33 10 years ago

I got the score card done

Star-Trek_Ball-Card.jpgStar-Trek_Ball-Card.jpg
#34 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Star-Trek_Rules-Card.jpg 116 KB

Multiple spelling issues

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Multiple spelling issues

Where? lol

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Can someone pimp this for me?

STLE Card.jpg 85 KB

SRLE Rules.jpg 144 KB

Where did these come from on stern website?? Link? Thanks..

#37 10 years ago

I like this one...

STLESPOCK.jpgSTLESPOCK.jpg

#38 10 years ago

Play Free

Star-Trek_PF-Card.jpgStar-Trek_PF-Card.jpg
#39 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Play Free

Star-Trek_PF-Card.jpg 74 KB

There are four balls in that picture.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There are four balls in that picture.

Are you sure? Did you look? LOL sorry had to go there...

#41 10 years ago

"Like locks" "flight back"

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Where did these come from on stern website?? Link? Thanks..

Stern put them on the FB page. I haven't seen them anywhere else.

#43 10 years ago

Man I wish I knew how to make these. Anyone have a link on a tutorial on how to do custom cards? Or is it just fooling around in Photoshop with the settings.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

Man I wish I knew how to make these. Anyone have a link on a tutorial on how to do custom cards? Or is it just fooling around in Photoshop with the settings.

yeah i would love to know also . I think they all look great

#45 10 years ago

Most images can be found in the internet. Start with a good quality image then use Photoshop to manipulate it. It helps if you know what does what in Photoshop. Then do you want to match the font? do a font search from Google and install it. If not create font in Illustrator, Illustrator handles fonts better than Photoshop does (Hints the name Photoshop), then import into Photoshop. Let your creative mind flow. Here is a great link to learn Photoshop, it takes time as most have been doing this for years.

http://www.lynda.com/Photoshop-tutorials/279-0.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SEM-Brand&utm_content=21129220266&utm_term=%2Blynda%20%2Bphotoshop&gclid=CLyL7J2pnbsCFWUV7AodogIAKg

Now the hard part be creative and go to town. Or a simple way to do it, is just ask someone and tell them what your ideas are and let them do it. Oh, make sure you convert the file to CMYK as most images are RGB on the net. CMYK is need to get the colors correct before printing. Also, ask someone to e-mail you a size template with a transparency so that you won't have to figure that out. Another words the size of the cards in the machine. Guys on here will help you...Good Luck! Oh one last thing check your spelling or reprint like I do because I am in a hurry .

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Star-Trek_Ball-Card.jpg 116 KB

I like this one, but it's not the correct size. The height is a bit too short. Should be 5.5" x 3". Also, if you make it 300 dpi (and not 72 dpi), folks can print it directly from the web or from paint and not need to resize it.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Most images can be found in the internet. Start with a good quality image then use Photoshop to manipulate it. It helps if you know what does what in Photoshop. Then do you want to match the font? do a font search from Google and install it. If not create font in Illustrator, Illustrator handles fonts better than Photoshop does (Hints the name Photoshop), then import into Photoshop. Let your creative mind flow. Here is a great link to learn Photoshop, it takes time as most have been doing this for years.
http://www.lynda.com/Photoshop-tutorials/279-0.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SEM-Brand&utm_content=21129220266&utm_term=%2Blynda%20%2Bphotoshop&gclid=CLyL7J2pnbsCFWUV7AodogIAKg
Now the hard part be creative and go to town. Or a simple way to do it, is just ask someone and tell them what your ideas are and let them do it. Oh, make sure you convert the file to CMYK as most images are RGB on the net. CMYK is need to get the colors correct before printing. Also, ask someone to e-mail you a size template with a transparency so that you won't have to figure that out. Another words the size of the cards in the machine. Guys on here will help you...Good Luck! Oh one last thing check your spelling or reprint like I do because I am in a hurry .

Thanks for this

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Good effort... but umm. Wrong Enterprise.
And Why is Klingon Multiball a different icon.

Don't get me wrong; It's the Trekkie in my being a stickler for details.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Thanks for the info, and the link! Ok can someone e-mail, or pm me a size template with a transparency so I can try and make some custom cards up myself? Thanks for any and all help you guys provide!

#50 10 years ago

It's actually super easy. Photoshop is a very deep program (and very expensive too!). I made all of mine with a much simpler program called "Pixelmator". I google Searched the images. Dragged them in to the program, and added text. Very simple. It's just layout, and creative design. Each one takes only a few minutes. Takes much longer to actually type out the rules. I found it handy to use a word processor for that, then I could just copy and paste my text at will in to the card in progress. Certainly, you can't go wrong with Photoshop, but it requires pretty good Kung Fu!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-stle-custom-apron-cards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.