(Topic ID: 3519)

My pinmame cab almost done.

By erak

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P140311_15.30.jpg
    P110511_19.43_[01].jpg
    P110511_19.47_[01].jpg
    P110511_19.44.jpg
    P110511_19.43.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

My Pinmame Cabinet, almost done, just need glass and sideart. I took the design from my Star wars Pin with the DMD reflecting down into back of the lower cabinet. It is the exact same size as a pin 2000 cabinet except the head is smaller and shorter by 6 inches. the cpu is mounted in the head behind the 23" monitor to get easy access to it from the back, also easier to cool. The sub is in the bottom cab with the 37"lcd and has 2 cooling fans vented at the back.

For the sideart I am thinking something along the lines of Big Bang Bar but with characters from other pins included in the mix. But the same colour scheme as BBB.

I have left the side art as decal areas like a pin2000 just to make it easier to change it up later if I want to as well.

I also wanted to keep the buttons as simple as possible. 4 flipper buttons, Start, Exit, Plunger/launch. you add credits on some tables that are not freeplay by pressing thd coin return buttons.

Yes the plunger actually works for most games, it is true analog so you can do skill shots depending on how far you pull it back. It also has a nudge/tilt sensor so nudging affects the ball and too much tilts the table.

The last pic is another work in progress.

P110511_19.43.jpgP110511_19.43.jpg P110511_19.44.jpgP110511_19.44.jpg P110511_19.47_[01].jpgP110511_19.47_[01].jpg P110511_19.43_[01].jpgP110511_19.43_[01].jpg P140311_15.30.jpgP140311_15.30.jpg

#2 12 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

The last pic is another work in progress.

Dude!! I was gonna say "That cabinet is so awsome!! It even emulates cars!!!

Awesome project Erak! After reading your initial post, I put a bug in my son's ear that we need to work on a Pinmame Cab. as a Father / Son project. He's all for it

G

#3 12 years ago

Totally cool erak, nice work.

#4 12 years ago

Sharp Cabinet and Car,Good going erak

#5 12 years ago

Nice work dude. I built one 7 months ago out of a Williams Flintstones cab. Came out nice. Got 70 tables in it so far.. Brought it to a pin expo in south fl. lots of great feedback. I have some video I put together as I built it. Gonna post some links for all to check out.

#6 12 years ago

Nice I would love to see it. Having a cab already would have saved me the build time. Built the main (bottom) box in a day but then fitting the legs,coindoor,trim, fans etc. took a lot of time.

So far I have 213 tables, kinda overkill because I only play about 30 or so. But nice to have them all working. I Have some of the side art drawn up, going to get it finished soon (I hope). The glass should be here in a few days.

#7 12 years ago

Great job erak!
    Must be all of that FRESH Canadian air that keeps you going on projects- that OR the free healthcare!
    That's it!
    I'm moving to Canada!
    Buying a duplex and halving it into a 3 tier arcade!

The smog just seems to be getting worse every year (zero emissions- yeah right.).
    It really bums me out...

#8 12 years ago

I'm very curious to read how this digital pin stacks up agains the real pinball machines in your collection. Obviously computers can never fully emulate the reality of a silver orb smashing into metal, rubbers etc. But the idea of bringing any game back into my collection really appeals to me. So... is it fun to play? Maybe you could post a video of you playing it?

1 week later
    #9 12 years ago

Erak, isn't Hamilton close to Toronto? Reason I'm asking is I'm visiting a friend in Toronto next September (my first ever visit to Canada!). Maybe we could do a Pinside meet up and play that pinmame? In fact, why not do a tour of Toronto pinball locations while we're at it Are there any other Pinsiders you know in the area?

#10 12 years ago

Looks Great! Erak you make the coolest stuff

#11 12 years ago

- some fine work you do

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-pinmame-cab-almost-done and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.