image-947.jpg
image-636.jpg
image-570.jpg
image.jpg
Ford Shooter Knob.png
image-434.jpg
image-958.jpg
image-374.jpg
There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I'm also gonna do a shift knob shooter rod.

A nice white 4 speed patters knob will look tits an Mustang.

#52 10 years ago

You should put the Pinto in your pin.

image-341.jpgimage-341.jpg
#53 10 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

You should put the Pinto in your pin.

image-341.jpg 12 KB

With an exploding feature, like those Zip demolition derby cars. Where you would pull the zip cord and when the bumper hit something, all the doors, hood, trunk would fly off everywhere.

#54 10 years ago

This Pinto would be a better choice.images pinto.jpgimages pinto.jpg

As it could carry a pin.

#55 10 years ago

The King Cobra would also do.untitled King Cobra..pnguntitled King Cobra..png

#56 10 years ago

OK for you Mustang II nay sayers.

The only sheet metal part of the Pinto that will actually fit a Mustang II is the trunk floor were the spare tire sits into. Lee Iacocca headed the Mustang II team. If the Mustang II was not built there would of not been the development of the Fox Chassis Mustang. The Mustang would of not achieved a 50th Anniversary. The 1974 Mustang II was a great sales success. I have driven the Mustang II, though I have never owned 1. Mr. Iacocca headed the design groups for the 1964 1/2 Mustang, Mustang II, Dodge Caravan (K-Car), Viper, just to name a few.

Now lets go back to pinball.....

#57 10 years ago

played the game today and enjoyed, like the mods you guys have come up with.

#58 10 years ago

With your permission I printed those and they look "Boss" in the game even better in person!!

Thank you and tell your wife AWESOME JOB and thanks

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Where did ya get the mini jack?

eBay or Amazon. It's made by Torin. It's getting harder to find, but I paid ~$13 awhile back. It'll lift hundreds of pounds!

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

eBay or Amazon. It's made by Torin. It's getting harder to find, but I paid ~$13 awhile back. It'll lift hundreds of pounds!

Yeah I found it and it's up to $80 or so.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

With your permission I printed those and they look "Boss" in the game even better in person!!
Thank you and tell your wife AWESOME JOB and thanks

Glad you like them. I'll pass the complements to the wife.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

This Pinto would be a better choice.
As it could carry a pin.

images pinto.jpg 9 KB

that's actually kind of a badass pinto. I kind of want that.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's actually kind of a badass pinto. I kind of want that.

That is the 1977 Pinto Cruising Wagon. Cruising Wagons came in different colours and graphics. There were sold from 1977 to 1979. The round window was factory installed. The Econoline had a similar colour theme at that time too.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah I found it and it's up to $80 or so.

Well if it's just for occasional jobs to take off a leg and since you still need something large underneath it... why not just use a regular car jack in a pinch (with a piece of wood to protect the cab, etc)??

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

OK for you Mustang II nay sayers.
The only sheet metal part of the Pinto that will actually fit a Mustang II is the trunk floor were the spare tire sits into. Lee Iacocca headed the Mustang II team. If the Mustang II was not built there would of not been the development of the Fox Chassis Mustang. The Mustang would of not achieved a 50th Anniversary. The 1974 Mustang II was a great sales success. I have driven the Mustang II, though I have never owned 1. Mr. Iacocca headed the design groups for the 1964 1/2 Mustang, Mustang II, Dodge Caravan (K-Car), Viper, just to name a few.
Now lets go back to pinball.....

Argh.. It was also some of the darkest days for FORD (Mustang II years). Henry Ford II removed Ford from racing during those years. Some of the worst performing/handling cars built.

The FOX chasis lasted because it was cheap and worked. It was never the best. We might have been better off without the FOX chasis. I'm certain something else would have filled the void.

Back to the silver ball...............

We have to wait to 2015 to get an indepenent rear for all of the Mustang line.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well if it's just for occasional jobs to take off a leg and since you still need something large underneath it... why not just use a regular car jack in a pinch (with a piece of wood to protect the cab, etc)??

Way to unstable.

#67 10 years ago

Here are some of the mods I had made. These are all 3D street signs made from cut out acrylic and installed dome light.

Curve Sign Ramp 003.JPGCurve Sign Ramp 003.JPG mustang dome light 001.JPGmustang dome light 001.JPG 001.JPG001.JPG 003-38.JPG003-38.JPG
#68 10 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Tonight I added black leg bolts and some carpet glide feet from Marco. I used my mini floor jack to help.

image-280.jpg 262 KB

Most impressive on the mini jack....

#69 10 years ago

Looking Good. The 1967 GT Fastback in Brittany Blue, lucky, or did you also put into the pin?

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Here are some of the mods I had made. These are all 3D street signs made from cut out acrylic and installed dome light.

Curve Sign Ramp 003.JPG 207 KB

mustang dome light 001.JPG 224 KB

001.JPG 228 KB

003-38.JPG 261 KB

Those look great. But IMO the STOP sign is a little to big. These might look good in HS or HS2 also.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Way to unstable.

Nah. Most pins will balance on three legs, others with just a tiny bit of support in the corner with the leg off. The jack is overkill if anything.

Quoted from Laseriffic:

Those look fantastic! Gonna sell them? I agree the stop sign might be a bit too big. However it looks to do a good job hiding the spot light.

Edit: how about a Dead End or No Outlet instead of the stop sign. Carry on with the black on yellow sign theme.

#72 10 years ago

Made a custom light panel today. The headlights on the red car that's front and center flash on/off with the scoop flasher. Color fade strip behind the horse that has an output connector for speaker lights on the same circuit (next project). Various colors to match the three cars and emblem and white where needed. I'm really please with how it turned out.

panel front.jpgpanel front.jpg panel back.jpgpanel back.jpg panel on.jpgpanel on.jpg translite.jpgtranslite.jpg
#73 10 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Tonight I addedsome carpet glide feet from Marco.

HTF did I miss these? Ordering now.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Made a custom light panel today. The headlights on the red car that's front and center flash on/off with the scoop flasher. Color fade strip behind the horse that has an output connector for speaker lights on the same circuit (next project). Various colors to match the three cars and emblem and white where needed. I'm really please with how it turned out.

panel front.jpg 54 KB

panel back.jpg 60 KB

panel on.jpg 76 KB

translite.jpg 207 KB

Now that looks like something Stern should have done. You should make and sell them, I'd buy one. I plan on getting the game soon. Now if you could only make the word Mustang pulse brighter when you hit a certain thing, I don't know what.

#75 10 years ago

Changed my car, put one one the ramp and powered by venom on speaker panel - dome light installed in car.. More to come

image-896.jpgimage-896.jpgimage-772.jpgimage-772.jpgimage-664.jpgimage-664.jpgimage-203.jpgimage-203.jpgimage-923.jpgimage-923.jpgimage-529.jpgimage-529.jpg

#76 10 years ago

I like that mustang, nice work.

That is the cool thing with this - is the mod options just with the car - everyone can tailor to suit there favourite

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Changed my car, put one one the ramp and powered by venom on speaker panel - dome light installed in car.. More to come

Looking good!

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Looking good!

Thanks you - and thanks again for the custom cards they rock!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks sharp Jim.

Thanks Paul more to come and then we can pimp yours!

Picking up interactive backbox kit from Cointaker at the Allentown show

#80 10 years ago

Added a subwoofer today. Makes a huge difference. I was a little disappointed that the match sequence didn't have much bass.

subwoofer.jpgsubwoofer.jpg

#81 10 years ago

Laseriffic had me thinking about signs. What a great idea, so I made several today and they look awesome.

reverseimageprint.jpgreverseimageprint.jpg plastics.jpgplastics.jpg plasticsandlabels.jpgplasticsandlabels.jpg frontmountexample.jpgfrontmountexample.jpg
#82 10 years ago

Signs are now installed!

speedlimit.jpgspeedlimit.jpg stopsign.jpgstopsign.jpg roundabout.jpgroundabout.jpg mustangparking.jpgmustangparking.jpg rightturn.jpgrightturn.jpg leftturn.jpgleftturn.jpg
#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Added a subwoofer today. Makes a huge difference. I was a little disappointing that the match sequence didn't have much bass.

subwoofer.jpg 80 KB

Ya know you'll NEVER get out of the game what you put into it when you sell it......that cracks me up every time I see someone post that. Have fun.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How did ya cut them so perfect?

Jig saw and a steady hand. Finish by smoothing the edges with 800 grit sandpaper.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Laseriffic had me thinking about signs. What a great idea, so I made several today and they look awesome.

You could have used double sided sticky tape on a bent metal bracket and avoid the rivets.. I think they look great but the rivets take away from it.

reverseimageprint.jpg 51 KB

plastics.jpg 16 KB

plasticsandlabels.jpg 118 KB

frontmountexample.jpg 89 KB

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

You could have used double sided sticky tape on a bent metal bracket and avoid the rivets.. I think they look great but the rivets take away from it.

I personally like the factory look of the rivets and mods don't standout like an obvious add-on when they match the rest of the stock plastics on the PF.

#88 10 years ago

Tekman - What kind of printer are you using and is that the graphix adhesive backed transparency sheets you are printing them on? Those look great!

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Tekman - What kind of printer are you using and is that the graphix adhesive backed transparency sheets you are printing them on? Those look great!

I use a HP Photosmart 7280 inkjet printer. Yep, I use transparency sheets (Avery 8665) printed in reverse and then stick white contact paper to it. You just cut it out and stick in on cut lexan. It does a great job at simulating silkscreen art with white backing.

#90 10 years ago

I like this pin!

#91 10 years ago

Roadblock set up for the speeder
image-565.jpgimage-565.jpg

#93 10 years ago

Courtesy of Jim Siemers, he will have 001 with flashing lightbar. Let me know if you are interested and I will special order more.

image-796.jpgimage-796.jpg
#94 10 years ago

Spot waiting on left ramp -
Can't wait Tim!

#96 10 years ago

The large rivets in the small signs look unprofessional. Sticky tape. If you wanted a few tiny bolt heads you could paint 'em on.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from cheesewhisperer:

The large rivets in the small signs look unprofessional. Sticky tape. If you wanted a few tiny bolt heads you could paint 'em on.

Tell it to Stern, they're the only professionals involved. He already stated his reasons for doing it that way. You don't have to like it but that's no reason to crap on his idea and good work. But maybe I'm just defending it cause I like it.

Here's my latest, I redid my flipper lights. That's a 2" section of RGB LED's tied to the under cab and speaker lights. It stays in plays just wedged between the nut and the wood. But I added a dab of hot glue on the top to keep it in place. I didn't have any luck with the kit from CT for Stern which led me to this solution. The under cab and speaker idea was hatched only after I planned these.

image-791.jpgimage-791.jpg

image-59.jpgimage-59.jpg

1 week later
#98 9 years ago

Added a tachometer today. Thanks goes to Hooked for the awesome idea. It is a slow fade color changing unit that is very thin compared to most tachometers. Looks awesome!

20140501_192140.jpg20140501_192140.jpg
20140501_192209.jpg20140501_192209.jpg

#99 9 years ago

I relocated the stop sign to a more appropriate location in front on the stop post for the lanes.

20140501_203544.jpg20140501_203544.jpg
#100 9 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Add a tachometer today. Thanks goes to Hooked for the awesome idea. It is a slow fade color changing unit that is very thin compared to most tachometers. Looks awesome!

20140501_192140.jpg 312 KB

20140501_192209.jpg 333 KB

Very nice, does it work good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-mustang-pro-mods-so-far/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.