(Topic ID: 35455)

Most insane multiball (more than 4 balls in play)

By o-din

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
IMAG0140-1024.jpg
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

After an afternoon throwdown I thought this deserved discussion.

Kudos to Apollo 13, but GNR, Dredd, TFTC, and Twister are definitely Top 10 material!

#2 11 years ago

I would have to go with GNR with the 6 ball and the magnets going makes for crazy fun!

#3 11 years ago

NGG has a pretty killer 6 ball multiball.

#4 11 years ago

IJ4 has an 8-ball multiball. The game isn't the best, but it sure is awesome to see the ark open up and all those pinballs roll out.

#5 11 years ago

Dont forget about Last Action Hero....

magnets and all !

#6 11 years ago

IJ has 6. Anything with more than 4 is crazy IMO.

#7 11 years ago

I like the 6 ball, and i'll tell ya why...

If they all dont get dumped seemingly at once, similar to A13, ( and yes i knwo A13 is a 2 stage )..

Its alot of fun to get the balls strategicaly up to the pops and let some of them sit there while playing the others...

Your not gonna do it forever, your gonna drain down to 3 or 4 anyway,but i think its a fun challenge none the less...

Yes 4 is better in actual play but 6 is just plain fun....

LAH was a riot !

#8 11 years ago

indy and ngg are nuts with 6 for sure....

#9 11 years ago

STTNG has a 6 ball multi ball.

#10 11 years ago

lost in the zone.....and....Now its time for the royal rumble (kind of miss that game)

#11 11 years ago

TFTC electric chair mode my favorite 6 ball mode of all time.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

TFTC electric chair mode my favorite 6 ball mode of all time.

Don't ya just luv the factory shaker motor with the volume turned up? (New topic-add on shaker motor for 90s games and which ones deserve it most)

#13 11 years ago

Dredd?

#14 11 years ago

Frankenstein 6 ball frenzy. Having 4 balls trapped on 1 flipper is a pretty rare occurance.

#15 11 years ago

I second IJ & NGG and I add Final Frontier of STTNG

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I second IJ & NGG and I add Final Frontier of STTNG

Are we up to 10 yet?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17 11 years ago
Quoted from cclay:

Having 4 balls trapped on 1 flipper is a pretty rare occurrence.

TRON PRO...

IMAG0140-1024.jpgIMAG0140-1024.jpg

#18 11 years ago

Dude... that's awsome

#19 11 years ago

Has only happened once LOL...

#20 11 years ago

Tommy has a six ball multiball with the add a ball jackpot shots

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

Has only happened once LOL...

Too bad it's on the wrong side.

#23 11 years ago

Batman forever wizard mode is 6 ball multiball.

#24 11 years ago

I vote LAH - 6 Ball Multi Ball Shaker and under play-field magnets to really change the physics of everything.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

I vote LAH - 6 Ball Multi Ball Shaker and under play-field magnets to really change the physics of everything.

Agreed, if just trying to just control six balls wasn't enough.

#26 11 years ago

Heavy Metal Meltdowns 5 ball multiball is insane....insanely short.

#27 11 years ago

After much deliberation(and a good nights sleep), all things considered, because of the whole package, the most insane multiball (at least in my living room) award goes to TFTC. You start with a machine that is insane even with the power off. But once you get to multiball you got the organ music blaring, you got the Crypt Keeper screaming, you got the shaker motor shakin, and balls flyin everywhere! And it even has the restart feature. Insane! A close second went to Twister which has undoubtedly the most insane multiball start mechanism in all of pinball. That spinning disk magnet thing is beyond cool, and once it releases the balls, they are flying so fast that playfield plastics don't stand a chance! Wish I could find replacements.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That spinning disk magnet thing is beyond cool, and once it releases the balls, they are flying so fast that playfield plastics don't stand a chance! Wish I could find replacements.

Lost in Space does this too. Seriously cool way to start multiball.

#29 11 years ago

There can be nothing more insane than 13 balls, bar nothing else. 6 ball MBs aren't even half way there.

Whether 13 is good, too much, or down right lame, there should be no debating the most insane MB in pinball.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

There can be nothing more insane than 13 balls

Insane concept yes, but I remember it took several games played to get to that point and then most of those balls just drained, after that just an average game.

#31 11 years ago

IJ Well of Souls multi-ball. Keeps kicking out all six balls until they're all in play at once!

#32 11 years ago

Jurassic park

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#33 11 years ago

Centaur cause while the 5 balls are going, you can still get some back in play by using the outlane bumpers when they drain!

#34 11 years ago

Arabian Nights wizard mode by far.

Most frantic multi-ball experience I've ever had in the field.

#35 11 years ago

JURASSIC PARK!!!! I love getting tri-ball, looping the jackpot, then using the smart missle for CHAOS!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After much deliberation(and a good nights sleep), all things considered, because of the whole package, the most insane multiball (at least in my living room) award goes to TFTC. You start with a machine that is insane even with the power off. But once you get to multiball you got the organ music blaring, you got the Crypt Keeper screaming, you got the shaker motor shakin, and balls flyin everywhere! And it even has the restart feature. Insane! A close second went to Twister which has undoubtedly the most insane multiball start mechanism in all of pinball. That spinning disk magnet thing is beyond cool, and once it releases the balls, they are flying so fast that playfield plastics don't stand a chance! Wish I could find replacements.

This post really has me pumped up, I am picking up a TFTC from a fellow pinsider this weekend
Looking forward to hearing the crypt keeper in the house!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

This post really has me pumped up, I am picking up a TFTC from a fellow pinsider this weekend
Looking forward to hearing the crypt keeper in the house!

Hey 80spit you wont regret it! Damn I can't wait to get home from work and fire up that bad boy!

#38 11 years ago

Am I really only the 2nd person to vote for Lost In The Zone? You have 6 balls 1 being ceramic and totally unpredictable and most of the time you have one of the 6 up in the upper playfield where you are hammering the flipper buttons like crazy to get those magnets firing to beat the power. Then if you are lucky enough to beat the power, you get the best Jackpot DMD Animation and Sound in all of Pinball all going off while every other shot is lit for big jackpots to boot as well as the entire thing being timed with unlimited ball save. Totally insane and #1 for me by far.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from drshaw:

Am I really only the 2nd person to vote for Lost In The Zone? You have 6 balls 1 being ceramic and totally unpredictable and most of the time you have one of the 6 up in the upper playfield where you are hammering the flipper buttons like crazy to get those magnets firing to beat the power. Then if you are lucky enough to beat the power, you get the best Jackpot DMD Animation and Sound in all of Pinball all going off while every other shot is lit for big jackpots to boot as well as the entire thing being timed with unlimited ball save. Totally insane and #1 for me by far.

+1 to this. LITZ is ridiculous and amazing.

#40 11 years ago

Twilight Zone's 6-ball multiball in Lost In The Zone is special because you have the 5 steel balls and the one powerball of much lighter weight all bouncing around, and the powerball can even get into the mini magnetic playfield where it usually can't go where you can only affect it with using the magnets on the steel balls, just for starters.

#41 11 years ago

TFTC rocks with 6 multiball and you can keep the balls in play for the most part to enjoy for awhile unlike a few seconds.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Jurassic Park!!!! I love getting tri-ball, looping the jackpot, then using the smart missle for CHAOS!

Agreed! All 6 balls launching one after the other into the pops with the callout yelling 'CHAOS!' followed by shaker motor and a wall of roaring dinosaur noises as the balls hit all the standups. It's also rare in that you're encouraged to keep as many balls in play as possible because the super jackpot is multiplied by the number of balls still in play.

Judge Dredd's multiball is also pretty intense but it's such a drain hog that any uncontrolled balls are a liability and I tend to drain down to however many I can cradle on the flippers (sometimes all six!).

#43 11 years ago

No one has mentioned Shadow Final Battle.

#44 11 years ago

I love multiball, it's such a great rush,
love JD, LAH, and once i get sttng up and running for 6 ball frenzy

and enjoy jm and wd? for a more saner 4 ball juggle!

TZ sounds like a lot of fun

It just amazes me that every time I hit the multiball they either are drawn like magnets to the outlanes or sdtm!!!!

Them's the breaks!

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from SchertzPinball:

No one has mentioned Shadow Final Battle.

I must practice more. Very challenging game. But I was smokin the ramps yesterday.

#46 11 years ago

I would love to play Haunted House with its 3 playfields and a 3-ball multiball (modification described in http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/hauntedhouse/index.html).

Dealing with one ball on each level must be challenging...

#47 11 years ago

Easy!! Lah as mentioned!

#48 11 years ago

Black Water 100 starts out with 3 balls every time its crazy hard to watch the 3 balls at the same time with all the ramps and upper and lower pf its just crazy

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Insane concept yes, but I remember it took several games played to get to that point and then most of those balls just drained, after that just an average game.

This is the same with most 6 ball MBs as well though. Most of the time you flail about until you get to a manageable amount of 2-3, and you can hold on one side and start to plan your shots.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

STTNG has a 6 ball multi ball.

Does STTNG actually get all 6 going? I thought a couple always stayed in the subway for staging. Maybe I just have problems keeping them all in play.

13 on Apollo 13 is just nuts to try and play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
$ 29.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,419.00
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-insane-multiball-more-than-4-balls-in-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.